HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Vincent Dunn (2013)

Old
12-06-2012, 10:16 PM
TheNudge

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Vincent Dunn (2013)

He as been quite impressive this year. So far this season he's had quite a impressive year by putting up 37pts in 28gams. In the last 10 games he's had 15 pts -7G-8A +4.
I simply don't know why no one is talking about this kid. Am'i missing anything ??

By the way he's born september 14 1995, meaning he's one youngest of this draft.

Can anyone give me some info!! Does he playa gritty game? Is he afraid going in the corner ? How is vision? Hows is hockey IQ? Is he a dangler or a playmaker ?

TheNudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Vincent Dunn is on Val d'Or in the QMJHL for anyone wondering.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=126399

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNudge View Post
He as been quite impressive this year. So far this season he's had quite a impressive year by putting up 37pts in 28gams. In the last 10 games he's had 15 pts -7G-8A +4.
I simply don't know why no one is talking about this kid. Am'i missing anything ??

By the way he's born september 14 1995, meaning he's one youngest of this draft.

Can anyone give me some info!! Does he playa gritty game? Is he afraid going in the corner ? How is vision? Hows is hockey IQ? Is he a dangler or a playmaker ?
He's very gritty, as indicated by his PIMs. Very motivated. I read a few interviews with him and he has the swag needed to say the least. He's the player other teams hate. From the get go he did all he could to make the team Val d'Or hitting everything that moved. Very vocal as well from what I heard. I believe he was suspended for racial slurs.

I really liked him coming out of Midget AAA and he has developped very well sor far in Val d'Or playing with Mantha. Good shot, gets his nose dirty and works well in tight space.

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Similar to what type of player ? Bergeron ?

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

He has an uncanny ability to git 'r Dunn.

Guru Meditation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Similar to what type of player ? Bergeron ?
Probably more Brad Marchand than Bergeron at the moment. Minus the problems with his teammates.

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:24 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Glad he turned someone else's head, I thought it was just me. I was watching a Val d'Or game specifically to see Mantha but Dunn really stood out in a positive way. He absolutely steamrolled a player and came up swinging. Scored a nice goal in either that game or another one I watched, don't really remember.

I think his skill set would probably limit him to a "third line at best" projection, and I wish he were a little bigger...but he seems pretty tantalizing to me as a late second round pick.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 01:51 AM
alex20wild

The kid is a disgrace to the game. I was at the game in Halifax when he was suspended for racial slurs, I thought must just be a once off thing that he regrets. I saw him play again tonight in Gatineau and let me tell you, he is a person I would not want in my dressing room. Very undisciplined and I don't think he deserves any looks as a first round or even third round player. His teamate Anthony Mantha however is great and will be top ten. I also like the Henley brothers.

alex20wild is offline   Reply With Quote