HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Kings Young Talent Is Untouchable

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2005, 11:58 PM
  #1
McSorley 33
Registered User
 
McSorley 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Which Kings Young Talent Is Untouchable

WHICH KINGS TALENT IS UNTOUCHABLE

Which of the Kings young talent is untouchable from a trade stand point. Which ones should we build a team around guys like frolov and Garon. Lastly, which Kings are expendable, only because their simply not enough room......

Not speaking of guys currently on the team, young guys....prospects I would lock up: BROWN-GLEASON-CAMMALLERI-GERBESHKOV-TUKONEN-BOYLE-TAMBELLINI...These are guys I'd bend over and brand an "L.A." on thier a#$ because we own them and their not to be traded.......home grow guys......are guys!

On the outside looking in I would put......Rullier,who I love Kanko, Karlsson,Petiot, and Baier(know he's good but not sure) everyone else would need to work harder.

GOLDEN BOYS FROLOV-GARON-BROWN....FUTURE WEARERS ON THE "C" OR "A"
(lauri T...future power forward...coming to Staple Center near you!!!!!!!!!) :

McSorley 33 is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 12:03 AM
  #2
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,869
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Brown, Grebeshkov, Frolov, Gleason.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 12:15 AM
  #3
Dooney
Love me some Carter!
 
Dooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sunny So Cal.
Country: United States
Posts: 10,030
vCash: 500
Garon....Untouchable??? Are you sure about that! I agree he is 100% better than RC. Man I want that man to go NOW. But I would not put him on the untouchable list

IF..We could trade better for a goalie ( and I doubt that) I would do it in a heart beat. I do love Garon though.

Dooney is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 12:21 AM
  #4
McSorley 33
Registered User
 
McSorley 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooney & Bourke
Garon....Untouchable??? Are you sure about that! I agree he is 100% better than RC. Man I want that man to go NOW. But I would not put him on the untouchable list

IF..We could trade better for a goalie ( and I doubt that) I would do it in a heart beat. I do love Garon though.
Well....... he could be overrated, but time will tell. Anyone but cechmanek..I don't think he cares...heartless..but who else.....

McSorley 33 is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 12:23 AM
  #5
McSorley 33
Registered User
 
McSorley 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
You cant win anything with out a goalie.....just look at what the Ducks did


Last edited by McSorley 33: 02-14-2005 at 12:39 AM.
McSorley 33 is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 12:29 AM
  #6
AnThGrt
Registered User
 
AnThGrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newport Beach
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,707
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
Here is the plan we trade our team for Broduer then we win playoffs like the ducks did.... If we get rid of half our team and get Broduer our team will look better then the ducks did so we may actually win the Stanley cup plus we'd have the coolest golie EVER

AnThGrt is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 12:32 AM
  #7
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,488
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Brown and Grebs are by far the best you have. They are simply amazing. Grebs offensive game has improved alot since I seen him in Sydney. When he was at the WJC I said he was the best defensmen by far because of his defense....not his offense. The Kings are now officially my 2nd favorite american team behind New Jersey. They are loaded with many of my favorite prospects. Man what a shot Brown has..... 4 our of 5 against Garon in rapid fire and 4 out of 5 in accuracy shooting.

Jason MacIsaac is online now  
Old
02-14-2005, 12:34 AM
  #8
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,535
vCash: 500
Fro-Gleason IMO.

__________________
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain
Legionnaire is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 12:35 AM
  #9
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorley 33
Well....... he could be overrated, but time will tell. Anyone but cechmanek..I don't think he cares...heartless..but who else.....
...She's right. He does have history of being inconsistent.

Not trying to make a comparison here, but I don't want to end of with a Cloutier.

Legionnaire is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 12:36 AM
  #10
McSorley 33
Registered User
 
McSorley 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac
Brown and Grebs are by far the best you have. They are simply amazing. Grebs offensive game has improved alot since I seen him in Sydney. When he was at the WJC I said he was the best defensmen by far because of his defense....not his offense. The Kings are now officially my 2nd favorite american team behind New Jersey. They are loaded with many of my favorite prospects. Man what a shot Brown has..... 4 our of 5 against Garon in rapid fire and 4 out of 5 in accuracy shooting.
Right on brother.........Go Kings Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

McSorley 33 is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 12:46 AM
  #11
McSorley 33
Registered User
 
McSorley 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
...She's right. He does have history of being inconsistent.

Not trying to make a comparison here, but I don't want to end of with a Cloutier.
When the Kings officially let Roman Cechmanek go, they should give him a shift kick in the A#$ on his way out....thanks for trying last season Roman, you D#$#!!!!!

McSorley 33 is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 02:00 AM
  #12
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,869
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorley 33
When the Kings officially let Roman Cechmanek go, they should give him a shift kick in the A#$ on his way out....thanks for trying last season Roman, you D#$#!!!!!
He was hurt for over half the season you cant blame him for that. You can blame him for yelling at the kids when they made mistakes and for coming to camp out of shape.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 02:18 AM
  #13
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,535
vCash: 500
The only kid that I remember him yelling at was Gleason, and if he was out of shape, he sure didn't show it.

Legionnaire is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 05:07 AM
  #14
Word
Registered User
 
Word's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Brown, Grebeshkov, Frolov, Gleason.
The above players are the only ones untouchable accorrding to newsreports. IMHO I would add a few more players to the list.

Word is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 05:37 AM
  #15
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Word
The above players are the only ones untouchable accorrding to newsreports. IMHO I would add a few more players to the list.
Yeah. Still a lot of potential to give up on with a lot of those players. Then again, maybe I'm overly optimistic.

Legionnaire is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 06:02 AM
  #16
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,628
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Yeah. Still a lot of potential to give up on with a lot of those players. Then again, maybe I'm overly optimistic.
I agree.
I have a good feeling about Boyle...and Petiot...and Parse...and Guerin...

Oh well, I'm overly optimistic too

Albi is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 06:09 AM
  #17
Word
Registered User
 
Word's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 965
vCash: 500
There are probably others on the list but those are the only players I have heard. Keep in mind talent isnt the only reason that a player is untouchable. Can he be signed growth and how many others in the system or NHL that has the same skill set. All that I agree that the list should be bigger. Just think a few years ago if he could skate with a stick in his hands he was a keeper

Word is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 09:40 AM
  #18
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Word
There are probably others on the list but those are the only players I have heard. Keep in mind talent isnt the only reason that a player is untouchable. Can he be signed growth and how many others in the system or NHL that has the same skill set. All that I agree that the list should be bigger. Just think a few years ago if he could skate with a stick in his hands he was a keeper

No, you're totally correct Word. I guess Albi, and I have just seen too many "young" guys with potential leave the Kings and go on to successful careers. We are probably way too optimistic.

Legionnaire is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 04:50 PM
  #19
McSorley 33
Registered User
 
McSorley 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Word
There are probably others on the list but those are the only players I have heard. Keep in mind talent isnt the only reason that a player is untouchable. Can he be signed growth and how many others in the system or NHL that has the same skill set. All that I agree that the list should be bigger. Just think a few years ago if he could skate with a stick in his hands he was a keeper
Really what I was trying to say is, which core group of guys do we build our team around.We have tons of talent.Which of this guys are keepers, I think I have 6-8 must keep guys!!!!

McSorley 33 is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 05:11 PM
  #20
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,869
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
The only kid that I remember him yelling at was Gleason, and if he was out of shape, he sure didn't show it.
Yeah that's what I meant. And I remember reading somewhere that had him saying he wasnt in the best of shape when he came to camp.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 05:26 PM
  #21
Venom_17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Tukonen will be untouchable within a year.

Venom_17 is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 05:40 PM
  #22
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,300
vCash: 500
I'm not considering Frolov or Garon prospects anymore, but they are definitely the last Kings I'd trade. However, ANY King player is tradable; I'll break them up into groups though.

Nearly untouchable:
Brown
Grebeshkov
Gleason
Pushkarev

Wouldn't want to trade away unless we got a great return:
Cammalleri
Lehoux
Tukonen
Boyle
Petiot

King'sPawn is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 05:58 PM
  #23
Game Misconduct
Registered User
 
Game Misconduct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,862
vCash: 500
No one is untouchable.

Game Misconduct is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 06:43 PM
  #24
McSorley 33
Registered User
 
McSorley 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17
Tukonen will be untouchable within a year.
Sounds to me like I'm the kids only fan.......sort weird since he's tagged as the third best pick in the 2004 draft given by hockeys future.....(and still no love)

McSorley 33 is offline  
Old
02-14-2005, 06:45 PM
  #25
McSorley 33
Registered User
 
McSorley 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Misconduct
No one is untouchable.
COME ON MAN.........WHAT ABOUT HOME GROWN GUYS.......ARE GUYS.................THAT SHOULD MEAN SOMETHING.

McSorley 33 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.