HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Luongo Thread - "Make it stop, make it stop!"

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 05:30 AM
Pseudonymous

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Roll View Post
All I keep seeing and hearing is the "Bozak and Kadri for Luongo" stuff left and right. Will be interesting to see if that was just a bunch of hot air.

I'd say the Canucks could hold onto Luongo for a while longer, but when they want a guy gone, they seem to get him out of there, plus I am sure they don't want people second guessing Schneider every time he has a bad game.

Wouldn't that be a fun turn of events, people booing Schneider and cheering on Luongo hahaha.
I think people really see vancouver fans in the wrong light, i think canuck fans loved him for a long time and gave him plenty of chances. I dont think canuck fans are that hard on goalies anymore. I think most people still know hes good, he got beat out by the better goaltender and luongo never found that 5th gear when times mattered. neither did some offense but whats easier to fix? the team or the goalie. makes it even easier when you got a rising star behind you

itll take a long time before people get on schneiders case. we're not as bad as people make us out to be. if we do, he'll earn it.

everybody criticized has earned it, maybe we exaggerate a bit on the forums because when oen argues, you argue it harder but in the end, peoples opinions aren't that far off

Old
01-06-2013, 05:33 AM
MikeK

vCash: 8000
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
I think people really see vancouver fans in the wrong light, i think canuck fans loved him for a long time and gave him plenty of chances. I dont think canuck fans are that hard on goalies anymore. I think most people still know hes good, he got beat out by the better goaltender and luongo never found that 5th gear when times mattered. neither did some offense but whats easier to fix? the team or the goalie. makes it even easier when you got a rising star behind you

itll take a long time before people get on schneiders case. we're not as bad as people make us out to be. if we do, he'll earn it.

everybody criticized has earned it, maybe we exaggerate a bit on the forums because when oen argues, you argue it harder but in the end, peoples opinions aren't that far off
I think it was the 12 year contract that really did Luongo in here in Vancouver. Schneider will never feel the same heat as Luongo simply because his contract going forward will never be one of those "Out of this world deals". People expected the universe from Luo simply because the franchise was committed to him for the next 10+ years.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:38 AM
SunshineRays

Also, official prediction, something I've been saying since before lockout. At least 1-3 new teams will join the 'Canucks goalie sweepstakes'. I'm certain of it.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:38 AM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
I think it was the 12 year contract that really did Luongo in here in Vancouver. Schneider will never feel the same heat as Luongo simply because his contract going forward will never be one of those "Out of this world deals". People expected the universe from Luo simply because the franchise was committed to him for the next 10+ years.
Yeah that didn't help but i do think its those real high scoring games in the playoffs that did it the most. When times got tough and the team crumbled, i wanted to see the goaltender still remain the same and bail us out.

On a team, its easy for players to all crumble together because you go out there and to do your thing, u need the others to work off of, when they dont, whats the point. A goalie can still go out there and shine by himself. I notice when our team crumbles , luongo looked like he didn't care about trying anymore.

Though when Schneider was in net and our team crumbled, he remained the same. It was extremely evident

Also i think the other goaltender played better than luongo on most nights. People saw that. Though if one thing is for sure, he gives you a chance to win every night. But i think he lost that 5th gear. I rather see a player play anywhere between 3-5 gears and know he will kick it up to 5 in the playoffs then play 4-4 1/2 all year and watch the other goalie play lights out in the playoffs like what happens for stanley cup teams

thats my opinion anyway

either way, damn good goaltender though.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:46 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
Exactly. We hold the cards here.

UPDATE: LeBrun

"Canucks will be patient with Luongo trade"

Love it that LeBrun said this.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:48 AM
n00bxQb

Luongo will probably be traded at the end of the season. I fully expect to have him all year.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:52 AM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
Luongo will probably be traded at the end of the season. I fully expect to have him all year.
I kind of do too. Which sucks, mainly because i think we need help and hes the only expendable piece. Otherwise it'd be fine but im not liking our team as it is.

I just can't actually see the trade happening before the season and i feel if he starts on the team this season, he'll finish the season.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:29 AM
King of Anarchy

Bob McKenzie on TSN: "There is no official deal between the Canucks and Leafs for Luongo, but there was a fair bit of talk before the lockout started"

He also noted that the Oilers have shown a lot of interest, but he doesn't see Luongo waiving his no-trade clause to go there + Canucks trading him to a division rival.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:32 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Anarchy View Post
Bob McKenzie on TSN: "There is no official deal between the Canucks and Leafs for Luongo, but there was a fair bit of talk before the lockout started"

He also noted that the Oilers have shown a lot of interest, but he doesn't see Luongo waiving his no-trade clause to go there + Canucks trading him to a division rival.
RNH for Luongo + 1st framework = win for both sides. It'll never ever ever ever happen, though.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:35 AM
Zombotron
WD-57

Quote:
RNH for Luongo + 1st framework = win for both sides. It'll never ever ever ever happen, though.
How about Eberle? Or Hemsky, maybe?

Old
01-06-2013, 07:37 AM
Bleach Clean

Great breakdown of a potential deal by TSN.

- Duthie cites TOR's need is immediate.
- Johnson, and LeBrun earlier, says the Canucks can wait a bit.
- Mckenzie mentions Weiss is unlikely to re-sign?
- Bozak + Prospect (sticking point) + pick alluded to as framework.
- EDM showed definite interest prior to Lockout.
- Pang thinks FLA will likely increase offer, McKenzie adds that players Luongo is currently practicing with thinks he's all world.
- Mckenzie also thinks that shortened season might increase interest from FLA in effort to do some damage in playoffs.
- Also, NO official deal in place right now between VAN and TOR.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:40 AM
orcatown

also mentioned that Florida retains interest - also that Weiss likely not re-sign in Florida.

If the Canucks could send Luongo plus other assets for Weiss they should be considering it. More likely to get younger prospects out of Florida but apparently Bjudstad not one of them.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:45 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
also mentioned that Florida retains interest - also that Weiss likely not re-sign in Florida.

If the Canucks could send Luongo plus other assets for Weiss they should be considering it. More likely to get younger prospects out of Florida but apparently Bjudstad not one of them.
Not a chance I'd give up Luongo AND assets for a pending UFA in Weiss. Luongo isn't Gomez here, he's still a world-class goaltender. Luongo for Weiss and a conditional 1st (if Weiss doesn't re-sign) would probably be what I'd be looking for.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Sam Slick*

Sooooo, you guys ready for Bozak and one of our prospects playing on the Marlies for Loungo now? We are.

Here it comes.....boom!

Old
01-06-2013, 10:00 AM
CanadianPirate

It might be worth holding on to him till the off season. If philly buys out bryzgalov I could see them having interest in luongo.

Last edited by CanadianPirate: 01-06-2013 at 10:00 AM. Reason: spelling
Old
01-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPirate View Post
It might be worth holding on to him till the off season. If philly buys out bryzgalov I could see them having interest in luongo.
Why the heck would philly buy out Bryz? They just signed him last year to a multi year contract.

Nope, Lou is coming to T.O.

I can't see you trading him to Edmonton. Why would anyone with brains send him somewhere where he can hurt you?

Old
01-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Reign Nateo

Hopefully Florida steps up. Nothing about the Toronto deals excites me at all...

Old
01-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsie View Post
Sooooo, you guys ready for Bozak and one of our prospects playing on the Marlies for Loungo now? We are.

Here it comes.....boom!
lol, keep on dreaming buddy unless that prospect is Gardiner

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
01-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Hopefully Florida steps up. Nothing about the Toronto deals excites me at all...
I think the best thing to do now is keep him for the half season. He is only owed half his contract. Its not like the beginning of the year when his full salary was on the books.

Or does he get that? I am confused about contracts right now. Players did not strike, they were locked out. They were willing to play under old contract, so therefore, are they not entitled to their money?

Old
01-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Thanks for the insight, I agree on Gardiner, I have no expectations of getting him he is one of your most important players.

I can understand now wanting to part with Biggs too, seems like a dream burke pick, Big, tough, gritty, good skater, decent offense, American.

Perhaps Finn or someone else could do instead.

What is your take on Kadri though? Think he could be avaliable?

Honestly I think that he would be one of your more expendable prospects in a big deal like this because he has just been sitting in the AHL and there is alot of criticism surrounding him and the organization in how you have been treating him. So maybe trading him as a big piece of value in the deal and getting rid of that cloud of criticism surrounding him is something the leafs wouldn't mind doing. If I am completely off the mark here just let me know though, cause obviously I'm not as close to it as you.
I would not mind sending you Kadri. I never liked that kid. So flipping arrogant. He comes with a sense of self entitlement.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
I would not mind sending you Kadri. I never liked that kid. So flipping arrogant. He comes with a sense of self entitlement.
Well, I'm sold. Any negatives to his game?

For clarity -

Old
01-06-2013, 10:22 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
I think the best thing to do now is keep him for the half season. He is only owed half his contract. Its not like the beginning of the year when his full salary was on the books.

Or does he get that? I am confused about contracts right now. Players did not strike, they were locked out. They were willing to play under old contract, so therefore, are they not entitled to their money?
It was a legal lockout, so they didn't get paid for the games they missed.

The players will get 24/41 or 25/41 of their salary, so Luongo will get either $3.930M or $4.094M in salary this season instead of $6.714M

Old
01-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
It was a legal lockout, so they didn't get paid for the games they missed.

The players will get 24/41 or 25/41 of their salary, so Luongo will get either $3.930M or $4.094M in salary this season instead of $6.714M
Thanks

Old
01-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Well, I'm sold. Any negatives to his game?

For clarity -
yea, he doesnt play defense, says it bores him.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:15 AM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't. He'll be outta here asap.

Closed Thread