HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

The Luongo Thread - "Make it stop, make it stop!"

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 11:22 AM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Go back to the earliest lu thread.

Weiss ++ is what I asked for.

Make it happen MG.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Go back to the earliest lu thread.

Weiss ++ is what I asked for.

Make it happen MG.
If the Canucks can work out an extension, I would love that move. Would give the Canucks the option of loading up the 2nd line or spreading the offense throughout 3 lines. Kesler's lack of durability is also very concerning and Weiss' presence would help insulate the team from Kesler's potential absences going forward.

Don't see how the Panthers move their 1st line centre though if they're looking to compete in the playoffs...

Still think Goc, Petrovic and Shore are 3 good targets from the Panthers.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:04 PM
John Bender

Would the Flyers not be incredibly stupid to NOT buyout Bryzgalov? I mean the guy has like 7 years or something left and he was atrocious last year. Luongo has had some issues, but nothing like Bryzgalov. Philly has a stockpile of young talent too - they could be an attractive suitor.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post
Would the Flyers not be incredibly stupid to NOT buyout Bryzgalov? I mean the guy has like 7 years or something left and he was atrocious last year. Luongo has had some issues, but nothing like Bryzgalov. Philly has a stockpile of young talent too - they could be an attractive suitor.
Yep, this certainly opens up the possibility of Philly becoming a trading partner.

I wonder though, with half a season of rest, if Thomas will be offering his services all of a sudden. If they still believe in Bob for the future, TT could be a much cheaper stop gap.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:13 PM
crazycanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post
Don't the buyouts only come into play in the summer in lead up to the 2013-14 season and the reduction of the cap from approx 70M to 64.3M?

Old
01-06-2013, 12:22 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
At least if Lu goes to Toronto, I won't mind watching HNIC early games now.

Then we can watch all of Luongo's saves during Canuck intermissions.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Taco Fingerhat

vCash: 4420
Dear god, I hope they trade Luongo the moment this CBA is signed. I'm not super happy the lockout is over, but a Luongo trade would definitely help to bring the excitement back for me.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:20 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

It's kind of funny how there has been easily over 50,000 (maybe as many as 100k) posts and countless threads about Luongo in the past 8 months.
Doubt we'll see something like this ever again on HF boards.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
01-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
It's kind of funny how there has been easily over 50,000 (maybe as many as 100k) posts and countless threads about Luongo in the past 8 months.
Doubt we'll see something like this ever again on HF boards.
The Sundin sweepstakes must have come close to that.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:29 PM
LeftCoast

Personally, I think his $5.3M cap hit is good value for a top 10 goal tender in the NHL. But if teams are concerned about the length of Luongo contract, with the ability to trade cap space (as rumoured) a deal in which the Canucks took back a proportion of Lui's cap hit in the later years of his contract it would make Luongo extremely attractive.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:35 PM
trbr86

The TSN panel indicated that they expect Florida to up the ante for Roberto Luongo.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbr86 View Post
The TSN panel indicated that they expect Florida to up the ante for Roberto Luongo.
Giggity.

There is nothing in TO that Burke would be willing to give up that I'd even want.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
If the Canucks can work out an extension, I would love that move. Would give the Canucks the option of loading up the 2nd line or spreading the offense throughout 3 lines. Kesler's lack of durability is also very concerning and Weiss' presence would help insulate the team from Kesler's potential absences going forward.

Don't see how the Panthers move their 1st line centre though if they're looking to compete in the playoffs...

EXcept the panthers already have a good goalie that had a good season, at a fraction of the cost compared to luongo.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:43 PM
blendini

The buy out plan could support a different kind of trade. Something around taking Dipietro back in a trade with NYI. Lu/Ballard for Oksposa/Baily or Nielson?

Nucks buy out Dipietro, Oksposa is 2nd line RW and Baily or Nielson 3rd line C

Islanders are awful thin on D, so I think Ballard would be acceptable to them.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:43 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbr86 View Post
I think it's really in their best interest to get Lu (or someone). They need to build on last year, and with their rather average division a guy like Lu could be the difference between top 3 or 9th.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Cogburn

Weiss, Upshall/Skille/Cap dump, and someone like Shore or Petrovic. We take more salary back then they recieve, we get our second line winger/third line center, and a good but not top of the pool prospect for our future.

Or, from Toronto, Komisarek, Toronto's first (unprotected), Lupul and Colborne, Finn or Blacker.

I think the trading field got a lot more versatile.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:17 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsie View Post
EXcept the panthers already have a good goalie that had a good season, at a fraction of the cost compared to luongo.

The past is not the present. What Theodore did is little indication of what he will do. In fact, he has been known to be inconsistent over his career. And no one should view him as being on the same level of Luongo. The two are on different levels.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:25 PM
billvanseattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Fingerhat View Post
Dear god, I hope they trade Luongo the moment this CBA is signed. I'm not super happy the lockout is over, but a Luongo trade would definitely help to bring the excitement back for me.
It will be interesting to see if Luo is gone within a day of the CBA being signed presumably on Tues. I suspect a deal has been done for some time, and just waiting for it to be legal to do it.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:28 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

2nd video on TSN

Quote:
Could Roberto Luongo turn around the Leafs' fortunes? The NHL panel give their thoughts.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:37 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
$5 million in cap space would also be a nice target (if I understand correctly, it would now be possible)...

Old
01-06-2013, 03:20 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
$5 million in cap space would also be a nice target (if I understand correctly, it would now be possible)...
Dealing Luongo for nothing, or Luongo for Goc and prospects is a terrible idea. I can't believe Canuck fans actually suggest this.

01-06-2013, 03:45 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Dealing Luongo for nothing, or Luongo for Goc and prospects is a terrible idea. I can't believe Canuck fans actually suggest this.
It's possible to trade Luongo for more than one target... Certain prospects, certain roster players, certain draft picks, and certain cap space (if possible, which might now be) are all potentially nice targets... Depends on the specifics... $5 million in cap space, for this team, would be a nice target (up against the cap team)... Could make the difference for getting a Perry-type as an UFA, as an example... I wouldn't just trade Luongo for the $5 million cap space... but it's something that I think Florida can very much afford to give up (not foreseen to be a max cap team for quite some time), and be of value to the Canucks... Equal attractive offers, if Florida can (and does) offer $5 million in cap space (for, say, without knowing what's really possible, only rumours it might be) 5 years, then tie goes to Florida... without affecting Florida at all (not expected to use that cap space, which would go to waste, anyways)...

Old
01-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Conference call to announce recall of players or trade?

Old
01-06-2013, 03:52 PM
opendoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
I doubt Florida wants to pay $5M in salary for guys who don't play for them.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:54 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
I doubt Florida wants to pay $5M in salary for guys who don't play for them.
Is that what the new term is rumoured to be, Florida pays $5M in salary? I thought it was the cap space that can get traded (not paying the salary)? If it's salary along with the cap space, then I agree...

Closed Thread