HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lockout continues Part V - Hockey cancelled till January 14th

View Poll Results: OWNERS OR PLAYERS, who do you support
owners 75 62.50%
players 45 37.50%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax442 View Post
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
#CBA meeting over. No progress. #NHL remains firm on "take it or leave it" last offer to #NHLPA.
TSN Insiders Bobby Mac confirms Bettman and Daly say no progress and NHL is not interested in coming off its "take it or leave it offer" nor negotiate that position further.

12-12-2012, 05:28 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
TSN Insiders Bobby Mac confirms Bettman and Daly say no progress and NHL is not interested in coming off its "take it or leave it offer" nor negotiate that position further.
That sucks.

Old
12-12-2012, 05:31 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Good, then I'll have lots of time for non NHL time this year.

Wonder when Bettman is a free agent.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
12-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Anthrax442

vCash: 551

Old
12-12-2012, 05:42 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

players said they will meet internally, mentioning that 100 or 200 million ( i forget which - it's numbers i cant relate to) proposal thing was offerered and rejected again by the league

Old
12-12-2012, 06:24 PM
LeafsGuru93
me & Dave Ellett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax442 View Post
Lol, can I get the link to that picture, I'd like to post it on twitter.

It's not how they died that made them heroes, it's how they lived, putting others safety 1st, each & every day. Thanks Toronto police for keeping us safe. -RIP Sgt. Ryan Russell, Const. Garrett Styles.
Old
12-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsGuru View Post
Lol, can I get the link to that picture, I'd like to post it on twitter.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...20703138_n.jpg

12-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Jerkini

Why is the NHLPA still trying to negotiate? It's obvious what the NHL is trying to do and unless the PA takes the drastic measures necessary to prevent it from happening, the NHL is going to get exactly what it wants.

Old
12-12-2012, 07:15 PM
4evaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
Why is the NHLPA still trying to negotiate? It's obvious what the NHL is trying to do and unless the PA takes the drastic measures necessary to prevent it from happening, the NHL is going to get exactly what it wants.

Old
12-12-2012, 07:32 PM
asdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by colchar View Post
I agree (see my post above). Bettman is a dictator who is pissed off that he has finally met his match in Fehr - someone who he cannot bully or intimidate. And because of that Gary is acting like a little kid who throws his toys out of the sandbox and stomps off home.
Bully or intimidate? Before all of these lockouts, the labour unrest began when the PA walked out on strike right before the playoffs. Then when the league locked out the players in 1994, Bettman compromised to save the season. After that Goodenow did nothing but take take take for the next decade to the point where a season was lost to scale things back.

After Goodenow was ousted, his replacement was too cooperative with Bettman so he was replaced because the PA can't have any of that. Who did they bring in? Goodenow 2.0 (or maybe Goodenow is Fehr 2.0) who also has a history of leading his players on a strike before the playoffs and who does nothing but stall.

And yet Bettman is the bully that is quick to lockout

Old
12-12-2012, 08:01 PM
KuleminFan41

Quote:
It goes both ways lol

Old
12-12-2012, 08:21 PM
4evaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuleminFan41 View Post
It goes both ways lol
Owners didn't ask for the meeting. They had nothing "new" to offer. Apparently neither did the PA, they just wanted to waste everyone's time.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:45 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
Owners didn't ask for the meeting. They had nothing "new" to offer. Apparently neither did the PA, they just wanted to waste everyone's time.
The players should know that unless they agree to the 5yr max deal and the 10yr CBA length they have a non starter. And after agreeing to those two things they are going to have to negotiate the transition issues. There are more than a few and the players will have to capitulate on a good number of them. But that is the only one ofhte big three items that is up for any type of negotiation.

But there is no point in even calling Bettman or Daly until those 2 of the 3 NHL's main points are agreed to.

If they want to play hockey the players have to do this. There are other issues the NHLPA can argue. Other areas to ask for things so they can feel llike they won something, but they have to start by meeting atleast 2 of the NHL's 3 minimum demands.

Without that, the NHL just won't talk about anything.

Remember how the players were insulted it only took the owners 15 minutes to reject their one proposal? I thought it was rather rude, and it didn't make sense. How can an entire CBA offer be rejected so quickly? Well now we know. The owners simply skimmed the offer and saw that their three top demands were not met and threw the offer back. That would only take 10-15 minutes so it fits with the timeline.

I just want hockey. I don't think 5yr max deals hurts anyone. There never used to be 6 or 7yr deals.
I can't understand why the players don't want 10yrs of labour peace? This one is a head scratcher, because you never remake the money lost during work stoppages.

The transition issues I don't believe I have ever seen a detailed list of, but where there are several issues there is room for SOME negotiation.

Just drop the puck already!

Old
12-12-2012, 09:00 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
The players should know that unless they agree to the 5yr max deal and the 10yr CBA length they have a non starter. And after agreeing to those two things they are going to have to negotiate the transition issues. There are more than a few and the players will have to capitulate on a good number of them. But that is the only one ofhte big three items that is up for any type of negotiation.

But there is no point in even calling Bettman or Daly until those 2 of the 3 NHL's main points are agreed to.

If they want to play hockey the players have to do this. There are other issues the NHLPA can argue. Other areas to ask for things so they can feel llike they won something, but they have to start by meeting atleast 2 of the NHL's 3 minimum demands.

Without that, the NHL just won't talk about anything.

Remember how the players were insulted it only took the owners 15 minutes to reject their one proposal? I thought it was rather rude, and it didn't make sense. How can an entire CBA offer be rejected so quickly? Well now we know. The owners simply skimmed the offer and saw that their three top demands were not met and threw the offer back. That would only take 10-15 minutes so it fits with the timeline.

I just want hockey. I don't think 5yr max deals hurts anyone. There never used to be 6 or 7yr deals.
I can't understand why the players don't want 10yrs of labour peace? This one is a head scratcher, because you never remake the money lost during work stoppages.

The transition issues I don't believe I have ever seen a detailed list of, but where there are several issues there is room for SOME negotiation.

Just drop the puck already!
I think the NHLPA should just decertify and get the season cancelled immediately.

When they are ready to play against most contracts will be expired and we can have a free for all.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:11 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

you want to hear this?

Bettman: "If the players aren't willing to accept our last offer, then we will cancel the season"

Old
12-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Blow it all up and hold on to your hats, that is really the best option for the PA when you don't have a negotiating partner.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:19 PM
MakeTheIronSing

Question...

If the season is cancelled, when can deals be made? Is there a trade deadline? Or is everything on hold until there's a new CBA in place?

Old
12-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeTheIronSing View Post
Question...

If the season is cancelled, when can deals be made? Is there a trade deadline? Or is everything on hold until there's a new CBA in place?
No CBA no transactions .. Cancelling the season really has nothing to do with that other than sending both sides into a deep freeze of many months.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Quote:
PA will have to decertify. The NHL has shown no inclination to actually bargain for months now.

If they don't, they will face this same position at the end of every CBA, with their rights and share growing smaller each time.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:27 PM
MakeTheIronSing

Quote:
No CBA no transactions .. Cancelling the season really has nothing to do with that other than sending both sides into a deep freeze of many months.
LAME!

So what happens in the draft? You can't sign rookies after the draft? What about players coming out of junior? They either go overseas or play in a barn then?

Old
12-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 50
Quote:
LAME!

So what happens in the draft? You can't sign rookies after the draft? What about players coming out of junior? They either go overseas or play in a barn then?
If the PA decertifies, the draft could be no more, all 18 year olds automatically become free agents

Old
12-12-2012, 10:17 PM
thecatch22

lol like they have the nuts to decertify.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:17 PM
MakeTheIronSing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
If the PA decertifies, the draft could be no more, all 18 year olds automatically become free agents
No I mean if something realistic happens. Like lastime. Decertification is a bargaining tactic not an actual threat that can be carried out.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 50
Quote:
No I mean if something realistic happens. Like lastime. Decertification is a bargaining tactic not an actual threat that can be carried out.

Decertification is very real and can be carried out, don't fool yourself there.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:40 PM
MakeTheIronSing

Ok whatever fine it can happen. My question was never about that

Closed Thread