HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

10 OHL Players Flying Under the Radar for 2013

Old
12-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Brock

vCash: 500
10 OHL Players Flying Under the Radar for 2013

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2012...dar-draft.html

Some names people outside the OHL should take note of as the NHL draft draws closer.

Old
12-09-2012, 12:23 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I've seen a couple people talking about Remi Elie but I don't really see anything but a potential 4th liner in the NHL out of him, if that. He doesn't handle the puck that well, and I personally question his hockey sense.. but he does create energy and finish checks.

The under-the-radar guy to watch in London is Kyle Platzer IMO. Good skater, makes plays, has decent size.. with very limited ice-time he manages to create chances in games I've seen.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Daneurism

Figured you might see Zach Nastasiuk on this list but he does seem to be recognized as a top three round guy.

Daneurism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Sterling31
Takin' Over

I see Cole Cassels being a guy that goes late 2nd or 3rd and really impress people in the future.

He has what it takes to be a very above average 3rd line center with PKing being a strong asset. He accepted that role already in Jrs. and with further seasoning he could develop nicely in any NHL system.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Scarecrow Boat

I always pushed Trevor Murphy's name since his OHL draft year. He impressed me a lot while playing Aaron Ekblad and I remember thinking he would be one of the steals of the draft when Peterborough took him. Thankfully they moved him a few weeks ago, definitely needed that fresh start in Windsor and looked really good in the game on Sportsnet. He's finally getting some ice time. Too bad he wasn't 2 inches taller, then he'd be taken a lot more seriously.

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 02:25 PM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
I always pushed Trevor Murphy's name since his OHL draft year. He impressed me a lot while playing Aaron Ekblad and I remember thinking he would be one of the steals of the draft when Peterborough took him. Thankfully they moved him a few weeks ago, definitely needed that fresh start in Windsor and looked really good in the game on Sportsnet. He's finally getting some ice time. Too bad he wasn't 2 inches taller, then he'd be taken a lot more seriously.
Been playing really well since getting traded to Windsor, just scored today actually.

Greg Betzold is a player I've grown to be a fan of this year.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Jacko95

What about Dominik Kahun from the Sudbury Wolves, I haven't seen him on any draft list yet and he is near a point-per-game pace as a rookie.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Scarecrow Boat

I've spent the last 2 hours reading reports on guys lol never saw this site before today.

Like Shello said another goal for Murphy today, he also added an assist and the game isn't over. that's 2G 5A 7PTS in 8GP now.

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:26 PM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
I've spent the last 2 hours reading reports on guys lol never saw this site before today.

Like Shello said another goal for Murphy today, he also added an assist and the game isn't over. that's 2G 5A 7PTS in 8GP now.
Make it two goals today.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 04:52 PM
That

I'll echo the sentiments on Trevor Murphy. He's really a fantastic puck-mover with high hockey IQ.

It's nice to Moutrey on the list too. I've mentioned his name a few times over on the Habs board. Every time I watch him he does something new. As Moutrey starts to get an increased role in Saginaw, he's really looking more confident. He's starting to show some flash and is using his powerful wrist shot more. Also, he's a big body who has an agitating game. It seems like every game an opposing player is pissed off at him for one reason or another. However, I'd like to see him improve his physical game. Not necessarily his hitting, but his consistency in that aspect. He can crush people when he wants and for the most part finishes his checks, but he doesn't do it every game. He seems to have some trouble combining a mean, punishing game and a finesse game.

That is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneurism View Post
Figured you might see Zach Nastasiuk on this list but he does seem to be recognized as a top three round guy.
He's turned himself into a terrific character player. In the same vain as Bo Horvat, he does a lot of little things well on the ice. Already a strong defensive player, penalty killer, and shot blocker. I expected his offensive game to develop a little more than it has this year, but I still think he'll be a solid top 3 round guy (as you said), with untapped offensive potential.

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
What about Dominik Kahun from the Sudbury Wolves, I haven't seen him on any draft list yet and he is near a point-per-game pace as a rookie.
He's certainly skilled. In the games I've seen of Sudbury, his size is going to be a hinderance to him as he moves up. I need to see more before I make my mind up fully on him though. He's certainly someone to watch because of his skill and intelligence on the ice.

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote