HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Football NFL, NCAA, CFL

How much of a QBs development is dependent on team/coaching?

Old
12-07-2012, 04:25 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
How much of a QBs development is dependent on team/coaching?

I have to kind of wonder about this. We've seen the explosion of young rookie QBs like RG3, Luck, Newton, and to some extent Dalton and Wilson. We've also seen some good QBs just flat out suck (Locker and Gabbert come to mind immediately). And then there is guys like David Carr, Joey Harrington, JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn just absolutely blow. And I got to wonder, is it just because the QB is good or is it because the coaching is good? Is it the team? Or is it the player?

Put Phillip Rivers on New York and how good would he be? If you put Eli Manning on San Diego, what would happen? If Carr ended up on Detroit instead of Houston? Or Harrington in Washington? Would it have mattered at all?

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:19 AM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
The one thing about Reid I actually do like is how his Qb's always seem not to be a liability under him other than Mike McMahon. I want him gone but I wonder what kind of impact it might have on Foles. I think he has all the ability to be a decent starter in this league.

Justified is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 08:54 AM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

vCash: 50
Depends on where they are in their development. A guy like Brock Osweiler would be very reactive because he's raw. Likewise with Aaron Rodgers when he was drafted. However, guys like Luck, RG3, Manning, etc... are pretty much set with their development of their skills and mechanics and just needed to season themselves

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:27 PM
bambamcam4ever

Way more than people realize. There isn't much of a difference between the majority of QB's in the NFL. There are a couple who truly are good (Brees, Rodgers) but as long as a QB can somewhat throw the ball, their success lies mostly on the players surrounding him and especially the system/difficulty of passes they are asked to throw.

bambamcam4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:29 PM
bambamcam4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
The one thing about Reid I actually do like is how his Qb's always seem not to be a liability under him other than Mike McMahon. I want him gone but I wonder what kind of impact it might have on Foles. I think he has all the ability to be a decent starter in this league.
I actually kind of like the Eagles, but I honestly don't think Foles is any good.

bambamcam4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambamcam4ever View Post
I actually kind of like the Eagles, but I honestly don't think Foles is any good.
We'll see. He hasnt played enough to for a definitive answer to be made. But he definitely has the physical tools imo to succeed.

Justified is online now   Reply With Quote