HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

More Luongo Talk

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-07-2012, 09:59 PM
  #26
Henrik To Daniel
Registered User
 
Henrik To Daniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
i was very happy with the finn pick so i'd rather see blacker go
of course you got a 1st round talent in the 2nd round

Henrik To Daniel is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:00 PM
  #27
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,725
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
speak for your switch finn for blacker and this Leaf fan is all over it
I'm behind it too, but I think the difference between Finn and Blacker is the line for me. Frattin, Bozak and Kadri is a nice package, and Blacker just doesn't have the same shine. We're in the ball park, with out including all of the "untouchables" (speaking of which, what a moving target there), but I'd rather add something from Vancouver than take away from the return.

Cogburn is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:01 PM
  #28
Henrik To Daniel
Registered User
 
Henrik To Daniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Why do Vancouver fans think that Luongo is the only answer Toronto has? I'll tell ya. You recognize that the Leafs could be in the market for a goalie and you're all trying to talk up Luongo even though you all know you're screwed cause your stuck with him and his stupid contract. Go ahead, keep him. I give it a year, than you'll all be calling for both his head and MG's head. Luongo will become your scapegoat and MG, you'll curse his name for offer such a monumental mistake.
Luongo is the best goalie available right now. It would be stupid of the Leafs to not acquire him when his value is at an all time low, but not low enough that he will be traded for garbage such as Komisarek + 2nd round pick

Henrik To Daniel is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:02 PM
  #29
StringerBell
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Who's better, Holzer or Blacker?
Holzer, but Blacker might still have more potential.

StringerBell is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:03 PM
  #30
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,725
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
of course you got a 1st round talent in the 2nd round
I don't count draft position for player value, but yeah, he was a bit of a steal...up there with Hodgson or Schroeder being left over and dropping 5-8 spots (but...more so). He is a valuable prospect either way, so no ones thinking he's worth a second round pick.

Cogburn is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:03 PM
  #31
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Your offers have been atrocious. I'm not surprised you aren't getting the agreement you seek.
Well, that's odd isn't it? I think what you want in a deal is atrocious. Not many Leaf fans jumping all over what you want. Funny how that is...

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:04 PM
  #32
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
No thanks, we don't want luongo.

TmlHockeyFan is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:04 PM
  #33
LEAFANFORLIFE23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Who's better, Holzer or Blacker?
tough call most will say holzer although it's close

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:06 PM
  #34
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Haired Shanks View Post
saying there is 0% chance Schneids moves is ignorant. nothing is predictable, that being said i agree with you i highly doubt schneids moves.

and to the leafs fans not wanting Luongo, thats fine if YOU dont want him but Burke has expressed interest in him and Toronto is a likely destination IF Luongo is traded(hoping hes not traded this year atleast). you as fans have no barring on what pieces would be traded, so saying something like "Luongo wont fetch a 1st rounder" or "Luongo will get a capdump a medium prospect and a 3rd" is foolish. just because you want something to be true doesnt mean it will be, and criticizing people who offer more than YOU as a FAN would give up is idiotic.

now i hope luongo fetches something decent. my trade is Luongo for Bozak, Biggs/Percy and a 1st(2013 or 2014 doesnt matter)


It's not ignorant. It's as sure a thing as you can bank on.


I'm all about leaving the door open for the unlikely, but in this case, even the unlikely won't occur. Schneider will not move. Bank on it.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:08 PM
  #35
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Well, that's odd isn't it? I think what you want in a deal is atrocious. Not many Leaf fans jumping all over what you want. Funny how that is...



It's not odd, haven't you been following?


Oh, and LiferLeafer and I have worked out at least two deals. That's more than enough for me to consider the other side. You on the other hand have had a horde of people questioning your logic and your sanity. Good luck with that.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:12 PM
  #36
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
It's not odd, haven't you been following?


Oh, and LiferLeafer and I have worked out at least two deals. That's more than enough for me to consider the other side. You on the other hand have had a horde of people questioning your logic and your sanity. Good luck with that.
So one fan, against a sea of naysayers. Ya, you won that one. Good on you.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:15 PM
  #37
Kass Effect
Registered User
 
Kass Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Data Corrupted
Posts: 1,193
vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Sure. Have fun not trying to improve your team by filling it's biggest hole. Oh, and I'm sure Kessel's going to bolt too after the Leafs still haven't made the playoffs once his contract is up.
This.

Kass Effect is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:16 PM
  #38
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
So one fan, against a sea of naysayers. Ya, you won that one. Good on you.



The most logical of all leaf fans I have encountered in these threads, yes. He's been there since the start. You could learn a thing or two from him.


And what's this win/loss business? Carry on with your crappy trades. Have you noticed Numbers, Y2K, and StringerBell have stopped responding to your proposals? No one takes you seriously anymore.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:23 PM
  #39
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectProphet View Post
This.
I'm glad how Vancouver fans are so worried about the future of the Leafs...Thanks guys, your so...wonderful.

Leafs themselves have an out. We can deal him as he doesn't have a NTC until the last year of his deal. We'll be laughing as we'll be able to get a kings ransom for him.

Plus we can always just upgrade our net with one of the other 50 plus goalies in the league. Luongo isn't the only one.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:25 PM
  #40
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
The most logical of all leaf fans I have encountered in these threads, yes. He's been there since the start. You could learn a thing or two from him.


And what's this win/loss business? Carry on with your crappy trades. Have you noticed Numbers, Y2K, and StringerBell have stopped responding to your proposals? No one takes you seriously anymore.
Ha! He's only logical to you because he agrees with your ideals. WOW

They stopped responding becuase they realized what I posted made sense, it finally sunk in, and they have no rebuttle. LOL

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:30 PM
  #41
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Ha! He's only logical to you because he agrees with your ideals. WOW

They stopped responding becuase they realized what I posted made sense, it finally sunk in, and they have no rebuttle. LOL


Hahaha yeah, I'm sure that's it.


Oh, and if you don't take my word for it, ask other Canucks fans. LL has consistently refused 4 part trades and dealing other high end assets like Gardiner, yet he's found agreements with many VAN posters. You could seriously learn a thing or two from his example.


But then again, I don't understand your continued presence here despite you stating that you don't like the content of the thread. Seems counter-intuitive - but that's DG93's logic for you...

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:32 PM
  #42
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Registered User
 
TheLeastOfTheBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,455
vCash: 50
Kadri, Finn, Frattin, Bozak is still too much from the Leafs side, at least for me (I think most Leaf fans would agree). Giving up two 1st round talents in Kadri and Finn.

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:35 PM
  #43
JuniorNelson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: E.Vancouver
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 4,611
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Luongo is the best goalie available right now. It would be stupid of the Leafs to not acquire him when his value is at an all time low, but not low enough that he will be traded for garbage such as Komisarek + 2nd round pick
Is Luongo the best goalie available now? Thomas and Quick have been involved in trade rumours, too. Schnieder might be the trade bait, too, for all we know.

JuniorNelson is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:38 PM
  #44
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Is Luongo the best goalie available now? Thomas and Quick have been involved in trade rumours, too. Schnieder might be the trade bait, too, for all we know.

Schneider will not move. VAN has made their commitment to him.


Quick will not move, he just won the cup.



Thomas could. I actually think Thomas would be a great fit in TO... if he can get his head on right.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:39 PM
  #45
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!
 
spiny norman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,483
vCash: 500
A reminder to you all as stated in the previous Luongo threads:

Get an infraction in here, get removed from the entire trade board.

spiny norman is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:42 PM
  #46
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Hahaha yeah, I'm sure that's it.


Oh, and if you don't take my word for it, ask other Canucks fans. LL has consistently refused 4 part trades and dealing other high end assets like Gardiner, yet he's found agreements with many VAN posters. You could seriously learn a thing or two from his example.


But then again, I don't understand your continued presence here despite you stating that you don't like the content of the thread. Seems counter-intuitive - but that's DG93's logic for you...
Well you can continue to attack me if you like, it just speaks to your maturity level. And I'd hate for you to be banned from the trade forum, so how about we just part ways. We simply can't see eye to eye. I look forward to the final outcome of this supposed trade.

I will say this though, if I'm wrong (about my evaluation) I'll be the first to admit it. I don't forsee that, as I believe I have a pretty good grasp on what's potentially going down here (the valuing of assets as well as knowing the strong personality of our GM)

With that being said, good day to you.

DougGilmour93 is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:49 PM
  #47
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Well you can continue to attack me if you like, it just speaks to your maturity level. And I'd hate for you to be banned from the trade forum, so how about we just part ways. We simply can't see eye to eye. I look forward to the final outcome of this supposed trade.

I will say this though, if I'm wrong (about my evaluation) I'll be the first to admit it. I don't forsee that, as I believe I have a pretty good grasp on what's potentially going down here (the valuing of assets as well as knowing the strong personality of our GM)

With that being said, good day to you.



I wouldn't exactly colour yourself the victim here DG. You have continually argued with many VAN posters here, all following the thread due to Luongo being a part of their team. If it's not to find agreement, what is your purpose here?



There are people here wanting to come to agreement. LL for example. Then there are others who don't without any _sound_ logic justifying otherwise.


Luongo has been the best goalie this team has had in 40 years. Canucks fans have a vested interest in what happens to him for that reason alone. It's not wonder expectations are high, they don't know what losing that stability in net will mean elsewhere.

Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:53 PM
  #48
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,928
vCash: 5555
Personally I think DougGilmour93's best offer is pretty close(but not quite) to what I expect a deal to be(I think it was Kadri, protected 1st, and two other pieces I can't recall).

The value is likely close to the middle ground that's been achieved a few times between fans of opposite teams.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:55 PM
  #49
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,255
vCash: 500
The only we'll know for sure is when the trade goes down. I can say though that going from the rumoured demand of Frattin + Bozak + 1st + Gardiner to Kadri + Bozak is quite the downgrade. If Burke could negotiate that level of a step down, kudos to him.


Last edited by piqued: 12-08-2012 at 01:23 AM. Reason: qdp
Bleach Clean is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 10:55 PM
  #50
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,725
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
Kadri, Finn, Frattin, Bozak is still too much from the Leafs side, at least for me (I think most Leaf fans would agree). Giving up two 1st round talents in Kadri and Finn.
Finn could probably bring in a late first, but I doubt Kadri does unless someone gets really desperate. He's not bad talent wise, but he has some work to do to be an effective NHL player on the whole.

Value is high because of the multitude of pieces being sent back, but this is sort of "we can live with it" deal from most Canucks view. We've avoided the heavy hitters, and we've kept the alleged "untouchables" out with the variations of this trade. Under ideal circumstances, I don't think the Canucks would accept, but with his contract being considered a negative, if it's less, we should just keep him. From our perspective we're getting two bottom six players, on potential top six winger and one potential top four defender (eventually). It's hardly a bonanza, but the relative value of the individual pieces, Finn over other pieces in particular, is what keeps me interested.

Cogburn is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.