HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

More Luongo Talk

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
This whole issue of top 10 protected is just fan fabrication. A final deal will most likely have no such garbage.

I wouldn't do Bozak and Kadri over that. Bozak is extremely overrated here now, and I'm not big on Kadri at all. If Grabner couldn't make it here, Kadri certainly won't. At least with the Edmonton proposal we are getting a top 6 forward and a better prospect.
I keep seeing you say this, also about Hodgson. You do realise that Grabner has become a pretty solid player and i believe Hodgson will as well. I think Gillis gave up a little early on thes guys. (i say this not knowing the backstory on Hodgson entirely)

Old
12-12-2012, 11:13 AM
colchar

Quote:
This whole issue of top 10 protected is just fan fabrication.

Every single proposal posted here is nothing but fan fabrication.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:13 AM
colchar

Quote:
No interest in trading Luongo for B/C prospects. Give us value or we will keep him/trade him elsewhere.

What you are or are not interested in is irrelevant. What the teams decides to do is all that matters.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:14 AM
skywarp75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I keep seeing you say this, also about Hodgson. You do realise that Grabner has become a pretty solid player and i believe Hodgson will as well. I think Gillis gave up a little early on thes guys. (i say this not knowing the backstory on Hodgson entirely)
pretty much all Canuck fans knew these are good players, i think Y2K is referring to the fact that our coach just doesnt play young guys unless they are 100% solid defensively, offense be damned. Gillis even aluded to the fact that Cody's icetime was more to pump up his trade value. Grabner looked great when he played, but AV didnt think so. Our team doesnt handle rookies like most others do.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:15 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by colchar View Post
What you are or are not interested in is irrelevant. What the teams decides to do is all that matters.
Agreed, which means that 95% of the content in all of these Luongo threads is irrelevant.

12-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
The ONLY way a 1st is included is if the season is a go. THEN, it depends on how many games. If the season is canceled...the pick stays and i believe Burke looks at what other goalies are available before commiting anything for Luongo. IMO, Van better hope the season is a go as i feel there will be other options if not. That also depends of course on what the new CBA sets the cap at....and any penalties.

Of course. The assumption here is predicated on there actually being a season. Which if there is any sense in the world, there will be.

As to options if a season is cancelled: They change for both VAN and TO. VAN doesn't have to hope for anything. In fact, FLA becomes a very real player at this point, as Theodore's contract will be over. If the NHL is still as stringent with their cap floor rules in the new CBA, that puts even more pressure on teams like FLA to fill out their roster - and Lu works out in both regards.

A cancelled season provides a new landscape for all involved.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
New thread up here.