HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly on the move? (Mod-Warning Post#200)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-08-2012, 11:52 AM
  #126
seanlinden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
I Like him, but as a leaf fan, we need a bonafide #1, preferably with size.
This. It's just not worth paying for the hype that goes along with having that 55-point year. The Leafs have plenty of centres capable of putting up those kinds of numbers, and it doesn't make sense to give up a guy like Gardiner (which would likely be the baseline asking price).

I'm not saying he couldn't fetch a Gardiner-level player from somewhere. I just don't think that's Toronto. Anaheim does seem like an ideal destination.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:35 PM
  #127
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,151
vCash: 500
ROR for Josi? Preds would then have to trade Wilson for D, but it might be with it to get ROR. Josi is slotted to play 1st pairing with Weber this year.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:37 PM
  #128
Gigantor The Goalie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New London
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 366
Why can't we just not want Gardiner. We understand he had quite the year last year and he has a decent upside. However were not interested ok? Trying to bring down O'Reilly is not going to make Gardiner look more appealing. How about this, we care so much for your team that we don't want to take one of your best defensemen off of it. We like Gardiner in Toronto.

There you go no more discussion.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:41 PM
  #129
Rob Brown
Way She Goes
 
Rob Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoytoSakic View Post
Why can't we just not want Gardiner. We understand he had quite the year last year and he has a decent upside. However were not interested ok? Trying to bring down O'Reilly is not going to make Gardiner look more appealing. How about this, we care so much for your team that we don't want to take one of your best defensemen off of it. We like Gardiner in Toronto.

There you go no more discussion.
It's fine if you don't want him. No one is bringing down O'Reilly. All they said is he's likely a #2 C. It was your fans saying Gardiner wasn't worth it and the Leafs had no one of value in the system.

Rob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:46 PM
  #130
Gigantor The Goalie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New London
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
It's fine if you don't want him. No one is bringing down O'Reilly. All they said is he's likely a #2 C. It was your fans saying Gardiner wasn't worth it and the Leafs had no one of value in the system.
It's been stated that although the value is fair or close to it, we're not interested. Then it spiralled out of control and here we are. There's no point in well pointing fingers, there's just no one on the Leafs that we are overly interested in. However if you want John Mitchell lets talk. Otherwise I believe this matter is closed.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:48 PM
  #131
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,267
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsberg2Sakic View Post
Doubt he is on the move. Our needs? We really need another top Defenseman to play with EJ
Alex Edler for Ryan O'Reilly? Doubt we see a trade that big within the division though.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:48 PM
  #132
Rob Brown
Way She Goes
 
Rob Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoytoSakic View Post
It's been stated that although the value is fair or close to it, we're not interested. Then it spiralled out of control and here we are. There's no point in well pointing fingers, there's just no one on the Leafs that we are overly interested in. However if you want John Mitchell lets talk. Otherwise I believe this matter is closed.
It's fine if you don't see value in any Leafs, only that I'm sure your organization sees differently. These threads don't matter, nor do any of our opinions in regards to what is fair value or what our team is looking for.

And what are you, the King of HFBoards? Closing topics at will?

Rob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:52 PM
  #133
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 28,681
vCash: 50
There is no pressing need to add defensemen for Colorado. They have seven of them signed at the NHL level and with the way Barrie is playing in the AHL it might be hard to keep him out.

O'Reilly is much more important to Avs unless we're talking about adding a legitimate young stud on defense. And I don't see OEL or Pietrangelo going anywhere.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:52 PM
  #134
BoxOfChocolates
Registered User
 
BoxOfChocolates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cap Floor
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Alex Edler for Ryan O'Reilly? Doubt we see a trade that big within the division though.
I'd be down for that if Edler was signed.

BoxOfChocolates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:52 PM
  #135
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoytoSakic View Post
It's been stated that although the value is fair or close to it, we're not interested. Then it spiralled out of control and here we are. There's no point in well pointing fingers, there's just no one on the Leafs that we are overly interested in. However if you want John Mitchell lets talk. Otherwise I believe this matter is closed.
nah i still feel like talking about it. How bout Komisarek and a 6th for Sidney Cros .. i mean Ryan O'Reilly. Sorry.. you guys got me confused.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:54 PM
  #136
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,010
vCash: 500
Doubt hes moving. But he is the exact players the Oilers need. Hopefully Tambo can steal him to0

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:55 PM
  #137
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,181
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
ROR for Josi? Preds would then have to trade Wilson for D, but it might be with it to get ROR. Josi is slotted to play 1st pairing with Weber this year.
I like it. What we could do is a F/D swap,

ROR
Defense player or prospect

for

Josi
Winger/Centre player or prospect

Depends on how high the other players you want to be, ex: Elliott/Watson or Spaling/O'Byrne.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:56 PM
  #138
Gigantor The Goalie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New London
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
It's fine if you don't see value in any Leafs, only that I'm sure your organization sees differently. These threads don't matter, nor do any of our opinions in regards to what is fair value or what our team is looking for.

And what are you, the King of HFBoards? Closing topics at will?
If our organization thought differently surely you'd have already taken Stastny or Duchene or O'Reilly by now. Of course it could be that the value just isn't there. And I'm trying to end this whole Gardiner for O'Reilly mess. Not closing the topic, not declaring myself King, you don't have to be all hysterical. Calm down and lets just all take a deep breathe, maybe go to the ocean or the North Pole if that's your thing. It's obvious however that there's no interest in a trade between the two teams so why bother arguing more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Alex Edler for Ryan O'Reilly? Doubt we see a trade that big within the division though.
And isn't Edler going UFA this coming summer? If true extension first talk later. If he still has a few years, maybe. However you bring up a good point, I'm not really interested in playing against O'Reilly 6 times a year.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:57 PM
  #139
JoemAvs
Registered User
 
JoemAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,805
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Why are you getting so mad? As of right now we offered a young #3D for a young 2b C. Sure O'Reilly lead the league in take aways, yet Gardiner at the same time lead the league in rookie defensive scoring. A case can be made for both players and their values are more or less the same. The fact that your fan base is getting so worked up is ridiculous. Sure the Neidermeyer comparison is a little off, but it has been made by scouts and media personnel when talking about Gardiner, if we translate it to todays NHL it would be like a Keith for Kesler type deal. The values there, the over reaction is incredible.
Because it is always the same story.
A Leafs fan wants one of our 3 centers. Usually offers up nothing of real value(not in this trade but then again you could argue if Gardiner fits a need) to the Avs. The Avs point that out. Leafs fans get mad jump in and bash our players into oblivion. Avs fans get mad jump in and do the same and we have a nice pissing contest.

I would never ever trade ROR for Gardiner. In my mind they do not have the same value. Why? Because I tend to take proven players over potential. ROR is younger and has been amazing.
He made the team out of camp as a 2nd rounder and continues to get better and better every year. He is probably our best defensive player right now. His season was close to Selke worthy.

Did Gardiner have a great season last year? You bet he did. Could he turn out to be a great player`? Yes he could. Is his game as far along as RORs? No. I want to see what he can do under Carlyles style next year first and he really is not that good defensively right now from what I have seen. That is expected from a defenseman his age but all in all he is just not as far as ROR is. If both repeat there 2011/2012 output and Gardiner shows major strides defensively and adds a few points, than we can talk.

You might not realize that but ROR was arguably our top player last year (with Landeskog). You should not expect any fanbase to be happy if you offer up your great but still unproven rookie for another teams best players and state that is fair value. Even if that is true that fanbase won't like it...

I just wish that Avs and Leafs talk is banned from Trade and Transactions because it always ends bad and to be honest, there are no trades to be made between those teams. We are just bad trading partners.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:58 PM
  #140
Rob Brown
Way She Goes
 
Rob Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoytoSakic View Post
If our organization thought differently surely you'd have already taken Stastny or Duchene or O'Reilly by now. Of course it could be that the value just isn't there. And I'm trying to end this whole Gardiner for O'Reilly mess. Not closing the topic, not declaring myself King, you don't have to be all hysterical. Calm down and lets just all take a deep breathe, maybe go to the ocean or the North Pole if that's your thing. It's obvious however that there's no interest in a trade between the two teams so why bother arguing more?
You call that hysterical? Ocean? North Pole? What on earth are you going on about?

And no, it's not obvious that there is no interest in a trade. Just because there hasn't been a trade doesn't mean there's no interest. None of us here work for either team, thus we have no idea what communication exists between the two.

Rob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:00 PM
  #141
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I like it. What we could do is a F/D swap,

ROR
Defense player or prospect

for

Josi
Winger/Centre player or prospect

Depends on how high the other players you want to be, ex: Elliott/Watson or Spaling/O'Byrne.
We could do that, but I think we have plenty of depth/young guys. I expect Poile would look to trade Wilson to another team for a more established player.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:05 PM
  #142
Gigantor The Goalie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New London
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,661
vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
You call that hysterical? Ocean? North Pole? What on earth are you going on about?

And no, it's not obvious that there is no interest in a trade. Just because there hasn't been a trade doesn't mean there's no interest. None of us here work for either team, thus we have no idea what communication exists between the two.
By no interest I meant no interest from the Avs fans here to make a trade involving Gardiner for O'Reilly. I don't know about you but I don't see many Avs fans coming here saying we should totally take that deal.

Gigantor The Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:08 PM
  #143
Rob Brown
Way She Goes
 
Rob Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoytoSakic View Post
By no interest I meant no interest from the Avs fans here to make a trade involving Gardiner for O'Reilly. I don't know about you but I don't see many Avs fans coming here saying we should totally take that deal.
Yeah, and that's fine. I could honestly care less. I wasn't even debating a potential deal, I was in this thread responding to the whole Niedermayer thing.

Rob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:28 PM
  #144
hlaverty06
Registered User
 
hlaverty06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ all day
Country: United States
Posts: 7,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
letang
...is that what you want or what you'd give?

You'd then have absurd center depth...and a REALLY terrible D

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:45 PM
  #145
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,566
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
...is that what you want or what you'd give?

You'd then have absurd center depth...and a REALLY terrible D
That's not a Penguins fan. A Canuck fan who apparently decided to speak for the Penguins.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:56 PM
  #146
csanadi19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Do people beleive that O'reilly can get the return Jordan Staal did?

csanadi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:14 PM
  #147
Rob Brown
Way She Goes
 
Rob Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Great. You've provided a post where he said Gardiner has similar offensive instincts and skating abilititiee to Niedermayer. I provided a post where he stated Gardiner at max potential is a Niedermayer. What's your point? He still clearly stated "Assuming both our players reach max potential, you're looking at a Scott Niedermayer" I find that comical. Stop denying what he said.
I'm not denying what he said, because he did say it. He just said what I quoted first, which was that his style of play is comparable. Who else do you compare a top prospect to? Oh yeah, an actual established player with similar game.

He said maximum potential is a guy like SN. What's incorrect about that? Wouldn't the maximum potential of all top prospects be to become a star player? Isn't that why prospects are drafted?

Rob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:30 PM
  #148
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,886
vCash: 500
I'd rather offer sheet him something that the Avs can't afford to match.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:44 PM
  #149
csanadi19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I'd rather offer sheet him something that the Avs can't afford to match.
We currently can match any offer given to O'reilly, we have 16m in cap space

csanadi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:48 PM
  #150
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 28,681
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I'd rather offer sheet him something that the Avs can't afford to match.
I don't think Chicago is in position to offer sheet anyone, considering the 17 players they have signed for next year has a $57M cap hit. The cap will go down in the new CBA.

Meanwhile Avs have 19 players signed for a $47M cap hit next year.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.