HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Most scary time you had in the inner city

Old
12-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Evil Speaker
Registered

vCash: 1584
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
This is so horrible. Why would anyone do that?
I think he was probably a drug user, there are a lot in that area. I guess he assumed I had some money on me or something. Some addicts will go to extreme measures to try to fund their next fix.

Evil Speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:41 PM
guest1467

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Speaker View Post
I think he was probably a drug user, there are a lot in that area. I guess he assumed I had some money on me or something. Some addicts will go to extreme measures to try to fund their next fix.
It just seems like the best course of action would be to try and pick pocket you while you were sleeping...

but hey, I am not a seasoned thief.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2960
Nope, nothing scary ever happened to me in Brooklyn.

I've been robbed a few times and saw people get jumped plenty of times.

12-09-2012, 04:07 PM
fan75

Mugged in Bogota on my birthday, they took my phone but I wasn't harmed.

fan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Rushin Joo

Send a message via MSN to Rushin Joo
Saw two dudes try to force another guy into a car about 12 years ago but he managed to fight them off and he ran off. They ran after him and I don't know what happened after that.

A cashier was stabbed by a co-worker at a place I used to buy groceries. Didn't see it personally though.

Another one that scared me personally was when I was at a friends' friends place and there was a dude there who was much older and he would scare us by putting a knife to our throats or just waving it around in our faces. He was kidding around but being about 11 at that time I was terrified.

Rushin Joo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 05:46 PM
D Fresh
Lost Horizons

vCash: 50
I used to work the night shift at McDonalds on Friday and Saturday nights. Watched people get the snot beat out of them, but I was never personally attacked. I was a total bad ass with the drunks. Used to play rock paper scissors upgrade or lose your fries

Like most cities, Ottawa is pretty safe once you know where to and where not to go.

D Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Fresh View Post
I used to work the night shift at McDonalds on Friday and Saturday nights. Watched people get the snot beat out of them, but I was never personally attacked. I was a total bad ass with the drunks. Used to play rock paper scissors upgrade or lose your fries

Like most cities, Ottawa is pretty safe once you know where to and where not to go.
Didja work at the one on Rideau Street? That place was always a friggin' carnival after the bars let out

Buck Aki Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Myself and 2 of my friends were mugged by a group of about 7 teenagers in Vanier a bunch of years back. Think I was like 17/18 at the time. Analyzer, who posts on here, was there and beat in one guys face and tore up his shirt while doing the ole jersey grab and jerking him around. I just shoved away the guy who came at me and that was as far as he wanted to take it. Guy literally had no clue what to say when I said no to "gimme your money." A cop car cruising by for an unrelated matter scared them off. Scary at the time but laughable looking back. They just kind of appeared out of nowhere and had us surrounded before we really knew what was going on.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:49 PM
D Fresh
Lost Horizons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Aki Berg View Post
Didja work at the one on Rideau Street? That place was always a friggin' carnival after the bars let out
Elgin St.

D Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Diskothek

I stubbed my toe on the curb once in Boston.

Diskothek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 08:13 PM
MrFunnyWobbl
The Tree was happy.

Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskothek View Post
I stubbed my toe on the curb once in Boston.
worst one yet. lucky you made it out alive.

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFunnyWobbl View Post
worst one yet. lucky you made it out alive.
I laughed WAY too hard at that!! Thank you, I needed it!!

Mine isn't that scary, as I don't frighten easily..

I was with my friend collecting some of his stuff after he broke up with his ex.. We were walking through an area locally known for stabbings/shootings. For those who are from Halifax, they should know of Pinecrest-Highfield Park..
Anyways, it was about 3am and neither of us knew the area.. His girlfriend had attacked him while we were collecting his tv and other things, so he called the cops on her just to make her mad. Of course we couldn't stay in the house, which we had permission to be in from her Father who also lived there, so we had to walk around the streets waiting. A couple of groups approached us, but it was nothing more than asking if we had a lighter or an extra cigarette. Nothing bad actually happened, but considering the recent events that had happened, and the stories of activity, I was somewhat on edge.

Kurdt Kobain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Wow, if the scariest place you've ever been is Barrie, you were one sheltered child.
I don't live near any crime riddled cities, or low income neighborhoods like that. To be honest I'd rather be sheltered like that, than live in any sort of urban setting, where I could be mugged, or beat up for casually walking down the street.

12-10-2012, 01:32 AM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

nm..

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:10 AM
PSUCapsFan

I was born in a coffee can under a bridge.

PSUCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:28 AM
Rizer

Another incident I recall: On the same trip, on the way back to Canada, I was staying in a bus depot overnight waiting for my bus back to Toronto from Detroit. I arrived to the sight of a man attacking a security guard (who laughed him off like this was an everyday thing), and then threatened to come back with a gun and kill him, plus everyone else around him.

I ended up spending the night with a family from Brisbane, Australia, who were going to Toronto for a baseball tournament, and who were terrified that they would be stabbed or shot by any number of the people coming though the terminal that night.

After witnessing one of the many violent acts on security and other patrons of the bus services that night, I fully understood why they feared for their lives. I think we witnessed more fights in a few hours than most people ever do by watching MMA, not to mention the death threats on the security guards, which seemed to be quite normal due to their reactions.

I can say that the entire bus breathed a sigh of relief at the border, and at the Toronto terminal they finally rested easy, and we had some time to unwind. I love America, as is evident by my posts over the years, but damn.... that was something else.

Rizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 10:38 AM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

I was once hanging out downtownish here with one of my buddies and our girlfriends. As we are sitting there I happen to notice two obviously drunk Phillipino kids staring and winking at my chick. Being the generally confrontational person that I am, I become angry about this and begin to stare back at him angrily. He notices, gets upset and him and his friend start to come at us.

Suddenly, about 12 other Phillipino guys come charging in to back up their drunk friends before something jumps off. At this point, we know we are in a bad spot but fortunately a few BMX riders came in to back us up and the drunks wanted no part of it anymore.

I also used to hang out with the African gang members in the core area of Winnipeg. I recall seeing them steal people's bikes frequently. I was once offered the opportunity to go out and pistol whip some guys for stealing my friend's chain. We were playing basketball and this guy showed up on the floor with a sack of Zach Morris cell phones trying to sell them to people. He had scars all over his back as if he had been whipped or something.

We would often go to the apartments of one of these guys and the apartments would be just ****... Complete ****. The electronics on the other hand were top of the line and all brand new.

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 10:46 AM
markrander87

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
I laughed WAY too hard at that!! Thank you, I needed it!!

Mine isn't that scary, as I don't frighten easily..

I was with my friend collecting some of his stuff after he broke up with his ex.. We were walking through an area locally known for stabbings/shootings. For those who are from Halifax, they should know of Pinecrest-Highfield Park..
Anyways, it was about 3am and neither of us knew the area.. His girlfriend had attacked him while we were collecting his tv and other things, so he called the cops on her just to make her mad. Of course we couldn't stay in the house, which we had permission to be in from her Father who also lived there, so we had to walk around the streets waiting. A couple of groups approached us, but it was nothing more than asking if we had a lighter or an extra cigarette. Nothing bad actually happened, but considering the recent events that had happened, and the stories of activity, I was somewhat on edge.
Why were you doing this at 3am??

markrander87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Not inner city but the ghetto part of my old town, I was in the supermarket and this guy just walked in and shot/killed the cashier and a customer, the manager and then himself.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 12:54 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
I was once hanging out downtownish here with one of my buddies and our girlfriends. As we are sitting there I happen to notice two obviously drunk Phillipino kids staring and winking at my chick. Being the generally confrontational person that I am, I become angry about this and begin to stare back at him angrily. He notices, gets upset and him and his friend start to come at us.

Suddenly, about 12 other Phillipino guys come charging in to back up their drunk friends before something jumps off. At this point, we know we are in a bad spot but fortunately a few BMX riders came in to back us up and the drunks wanted no part of it anymore.

I also used to hang out with the African gang members in the core area of Winnipeg. I recall seeing them steal people's bikes frequently. I was once offered the opportunity to go out and pistol whip some guys for stealing my friend's chain. We were playing basketball and this guy showed up on the floor with a sack of Zach Morris cell phones trying to sell them to people. He had scars all over his back as if he had been whipped or something.

We would often go to the apartments of one of these guys and the apartments would be just ****... Complete ****. The electronics on the other hand were top of the line and all brand new.
There are African gangs in Winnipeg? I've lived here my entire life and have never seen that - for as much racial diversity as we have, I can't recall a significant African population in any portion of the city, much less gangs.

Also, did you pistol whip that guy? Why is this story scary - it sounds like you were the one people should have been afraid of.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:39 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
There are African gangs in Winnipeg? I've lived here my entire life and have never seen that - for as much racial diversity as we have, I can't recall a significant African population in any portion of the city, much less gangs.

Also, did you pistol whip that guy? Why is this story scary - it sounds like you were the one people should have been afraid of.
Central Park, at the end of Sargent. Significant African population there. You probably would never go to this small neighborhood although going Westbound on Ellice you likely have driven passed it without knowing it was ever there. Luckily the city recently pumped a bunch of money into revamping that park and the area is a bit better now from what I understand.

I didn't go. That was crossing my personal line. They went though and they retrieved the chain as they said they would.

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Got sent to Arkham City

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrander87 View Post
Why were you doing this at 3am??
They had just broken up a few hours before and he wanted to get his stuff as soon as possible.. which was smart because the ***** was psycho as ****!!! No doubt in my mind that she wouldn't have smashed his stuff, or at least sold it.

Kurdt Kobain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:27 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Went for a 9pm Sunday evening bike ride and about two blocks away, in an empty parking lot, Saw an Escalade parked on the street, muscle car in the parking lot, about 5-8 males, and all of the sudden guns started blazing. At least 30-40 shots fired, turned my bike around and flagged down the cops about 5 blocks away.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote