HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NHL Lockout XXV: New car caviar four star daydream, think I'll buy me a hockey team

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
NHL Lockout XXV: New car caviar four star daydream, think I'll buy me a hockey team

_____

Money, it's a gas!

_____

Quote:
NHL lockout: NHLPA’s Fehr says deal can still be done

Donald Fehr, executive director of the NHL Players' Association, is confident both sides in the NHL labour dispute are close to a settlement despite the league ending talks

Bob Mitchell
Sports Reporter

Despite no talks scheduled between the NHL and its locked-out players, union executive director Donald Fehr remains confident a deal can still be reached to save the season.

“So far there has been no indication from the other side that there is any drop-dead date. All I can tell you is that when you’re in a negotiation you keep at it and find a way to reach an agreement,” Fehr said on Saturday after speaking to a CAW delegation in Toronto.

“What’s the next step? One would hope that sooner or later negotiations will resume and we figure out a way through this.”

Read more: http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...-still-be-done

Puck Daddy’s Unofficial 2012-13 NHL Lockout Drinking Game!

ONE DRINK

• For each NHL player signing a lockout contract in Europe. (CHUG: That player is Sidney Crosby.)
• Each time an NHL player Tweets out the hashtag #theplayers.
• Every time quotes from the NHL and the NHLPA conflict with one another. (Ex: Both sides accuse the other side of not wanting to meet.)
• Every time you hear the phrase "hockey related revenue"/"HRR"
• Every time agent Allan Walsh complains about the owners being muzzled.
• Whenever an NHL player speaks ill of Commissioner Gary Bettman instead of the guy cutting him a check.
• Every time you have to explain to your non-hockey friends just what the hell the NHL is doing. (SECOND DRINK: That friend thinks the players went on strike.)
• NHL 13 roster updates turn your team into a glorified ECHL squad, while the European teams become stacked.

TWO DRINKS

• If an NHL player speaks out of turn about sympathizing with the owners and wanting the lockout to end. (SECOND DRINK: That player isn't from Canada.)
• If an NHL owner speaks out of turn about sympathizing with the players and wanting the lockout to end.
• When either side purposely leaks financial documents to MSM to curry favor.
• Any time Donald Fehr vaguely threatens to go after the salary cap.
• Whenever an NHL player laments a 24-percent salary rollback that's no longer part of either proposal in the negotiation.
• Any time Donald Fehr or Gary Bettman use the word "gulf" when describing how apart the two sides are.
• If Dustin Byfuglien, Dustin Penner or Martin Brodeur are photographed eating.

THREE DRINKS

• Two under-contract NHL players have a fight in a non-NHL league.
• For every time a set of regular season games are canceled. (CHUG: The Winter Classic is one of those games.)
• The NHL lockout is mentioned in the first 25 minutes of ESPN SportsCenter.
• The NHL lockout isn't mentioned in the first 5 minutes of TSN SportsCentre.
• If #OccupyNHLStore becomes a reality.
• Each time Florida Panthers COO Michael Yormark updates his Twitter followers on a snack he's enjoying during the lockout.
• Any time an anonymous hockey "insider" declares a new CBA agreed upon by both sides. (CHUG: Any time a member of the MSM picks up on said false report.)
• Paul Bissonnette tweets of photo of himself and two blondes with the caption "puttin' it in escrow."

CHUG

• The NHLPA fires Donald Fehr and hires Ted Saskin.
• An NHL franchise is relocated during the lock out.
• A beer league sues for control of the Stanley Cup.
• Your team's AHL squad wins the Calder Cup thanks to a loaded roster.
• Whenever it's official that we'll have hockey again.
• ...or if 2004-05 will repeat itself all over.

(Ed. Note: Puck Daddy (and HFBoards), of course, in no way endorses abuse of alcohol, consumption of alcohol by anyone under the legal drinking age in their region and, without a doubt, the operation of an automobile or any machine while under the influence of alcohol. These games are listed for entertainment purposes and we don't take responsibility for any result of their application. To sum it up, don't be a knucklehead and have fun!)

Important

Posts that state simply "Bettman/Fehr/Player-X is an idiot" or other similar insults will be removed as spam. They add nothing to the discussion. Please refrain from making such posts.

Any information being posted from Twitter, TSN and other various sites regarding the CBA need to be posted with a link. We've been seeing a lot of copy and paste jobs without links.

If links are not included with a tweet or from information from another site such as TSN the post will be deleted and the possibly of the user being removed from the discussion.
The tweets must come from mainstream media sources, or known league affiliations.

Note: To post links to the specific tweet, click on the time the tweet was sent. See picture below.

Thanks for your cooperation!!

Previous thread

12-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
So they've been talking but no meeting officially scheduled. Hopefully they meet Tuesday or Wednesday. Get this wrapped up before Christmas as they won't talk too much over the Christmas time.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Damn, I can't believe LeBrun didn't use ''touched base'' in his tweet saying they had talked this weekend. #rattled

Old
12-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Good lord, imagine this drinking game during the dual pressers. We'd all be dead.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Langdon Alger*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
So they've been talking but no meeting officially scheduled. Hopefully they meet Tuesday or Wednesday. Get this wrapped up before Christmas as they won't talk too much over the Christmas time.
Christmas may be an obstacle for many of the owners and players, but I doubt it would be for the four main negotiators - for obvious reasons.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Yeah - great press conferences and appropriate cold storage period but it's now time to meet and put this to bed. If I were the NHL I'd put the best offer back on the table and demand a vote. If Don says anything other than yes the league should just say, "See you next week. And the week after. And the week after. And it will be the same offer each and every week."

Old
12-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Aussie King

Quote:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
As bleak as it seemed Thursday following emotional press conferences in NYC, both sides are pushing their leaders to get back to the table.
https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...27267110006784

Old
12-09-2012, 11:31 AM
NinthSpoke06

What gets me is, the NHL says here is our $300M dollar proposal, all tied together, no negotiating, take it or leave it.

The NHLPA says thanks, and negotiates off of it.

If they didn't like the proposal, they should have "left it." Instead they gave a new proposal asking for more in order to try to make the owners look like the bad guys by having them reject another proposal.

Don Fehr is an *******. Literally doing his best to make sure there is no CBA. Where is Trevor Linden when you need him?

Old
12-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langdon Alger View Post
Christmas may be an obstacle for many of the owners and players, but I doubt it would be for the four main negotiators - for obvious reasons.
I could see a one or two day break in there if it goes on that long. Maybe the 24th and 25th or the 25th and 26th. It wouldn't annoy me, although I'm sure some might be annoyed. I'd just rather them gain momentum and keep negotiating rather than negotiate, take a couple days break and get back in there.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie King View Post
If they get a deal I'm predicting 48 games starting January 16th...

Predicting=Hoping

Old
12-09-2012, 11:43 AM
PrototypeX85

I do agree that the NHL should put its last offer back on the table and demand that the PA puts it to a vote, and then say if they reuse then the make whole will be taken off the tqble for good. Fehr's stall tactics have been going on for far too long.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Aussie King

Quote:
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
This week-ends talks between Bill Daly and Steve Fehr might be best described as IF,WHEN,WHERE.
https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/statu...30678165463040

Old
12-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet

IF 2 Sides get together,WHEN would they do it and WHERE will it be. PA has no office space in NY anymore. Toronto?Doubtful. Chicago?Hmm.
https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/statu...31067736621056

Old
12-09-2012, 11:47 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

All the optimism has nearly been sucked out of me. I understand the silver linings, I just don't think cooler heads will prevail from the Owners side. I truly believe their deadline has passed and any urgency to get a season started is diminishing. I believe they'll go for the PA's throat here and live with the consequences. Not saying I agree with either

Old
12-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSeguin View Post
What gets me is, the NHL says here is our $300M dollar proposal, all tied together, no negotiating, take it or leave it.

If they didn't like the proposal, they should have "left it." Instead they gave a new proposal asking for more in order to try to make the owners look like the bad guys by having them reject another proposal.

Don Fehr is an *******. Literally doing his best to make sure there is no CBA. Where is Trevor Linden when you need him?
Wasn't Linden a massive hardliner?

Old
12-09-2012, 11:48 AM
DPyro

Here's what should happen. The NHL should table their entire offer IN WRITING and hope the PA puts it to a vote. They should also post it online.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:50 AM
PensFanSince1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
All the optimism has nearly been sucked out of me. I understand the silver linings, I just don't think cooler heads will prevail from the Owners side. I truly believe their deadline has passed and any urgency to get a season started is diminishing. I believe they'll go for the PA's throat here and live with the consequences. Not saying I agree with either
I don't think so. Even if the actual money they could earn this season is diminishing, they all have to be cognizant of the fact that if they lose the season, it will be disastrous to their future revenues. They still want to get a season in, even if only a 48 game season.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:52 AM
PensFanSince1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Trevor Linden was the Union President and was the avenue players took in 2005 to basically do an end-around on Goodenow.

And as for where is 'he' or the equivalent this year? Doesn't exist. Fehr got rid of the Union President position.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
he might of been, but he was also the reason the players caved last season, going behind goodenow's back and striking a deal with the owners.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:54 AM
5 Minute Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrototypeX85 View Post
I do agree that the NHL should put its last offer back on the table and demand that the PA puts it to a vote, and then say if they reuse then the make whole will be taken off the tqble for good. Fehr's stall tactics have been going on for far too long.
No, you don't threaten to take it off the table but I do agree, put it back on the table and request that the PA vote on it.

Demands are the reason we are where we are.

I'm on the NHL side. However, enough is enough. If they have a best offer that they know they will go to in their minds, put it on the table and go from there. If the PA rejects it, cut off further talks after that happens and let the season go by the wayside and then offer less late next spring.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
he might of been, but he was also the reason the players caved last season, going behind goodenow's back and striking a deal with the owners.
Ahh ok, thanks

Old
12-09-2012, 11:58 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSeguin View Post

You mean like Gary Bettman did in 2004 when the NHLPA put a 24% rollback on the table which Bettman pocketed and said thank you very much but I still want the cap.

Nothing is take or leave it. That only happens in the movies.

So you have a problem with the PA countering the NHL proposal? If they didn't make a counter,you would be banging them for not making a counter. The PA counter closes the gap. They are within striking distance of getting a long term CBA. The NHL walked out of the room. Bettman will need bend on his demands and Fehr will have to give in again like he has all throughout these negotiations. This has been a negotiation of NHLPA givebacks. Fehr is asking for more?

Trevor Linden? He would shout down other players when they had a different opinion in meetings. That committee in 2004 with Linden,Arturs Irbe,Trent Klatt and Vincent Damphousse had too much power.

Old
12-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Legionnaire11

is it just me, or do talks heat up every tue/wed and then break down every thu/fri...

i'm thinking these guys just like their weekends off

Old
12-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro View Post
Here's what should happen. The NHL should table their entire offer IN WRITING and hope the PA puts it to a vote. They should also post it online.

I imagine that if there were some deal in place that forced these sides to air their negotiations and offers on TV/online, a deal would have happened a long time ago.

Old
12-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Lint07

Dave Molinari Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG
Best possible time for next round of CBA talks: Undisclosed. Best possible location: As far from microphones and notebooks as possible.

https://twitter.com/MolinariPG/statu...32095152340994

Closed Thread