HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Canucks 2011 Cup Run

Old
11-16-2012, 05:25 PM
brandon4679

vCash: 500
Canucks 2011 Cup Run

does anyone know where you can re watch the 2011 playoffs?

brandon4679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 05:35 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon4679 View Post
does anyone know where you can re watch the 2011 playoffs?
You can watch all the highlight packages on Youtube.

I do that every once and a while when I'm drunk. You have to be drunk to watch to the end though.

timw33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 05:38 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Not sure, but for all Canucks fans who end up going to hell the 2011 SCF will be featured on repeat.

11-16-2012, 05:42 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Not sure, but for all Canucks fans who end up going to hell the 2011 SCF will be featured on repeat.
And they will show the whole run to top it off. Show all many highs, and then the many lows.

Sigh, once you get past Game 2 of the SCF you never feel better before never feeling worse in your entire life.

Old
11-16-2012, 06:22 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
And they will show the whole run to top it off. Show all many highs, and then the many lows.

Sigh, once you get past Game 2 of the SCF you never feel better before never feeling worse in your entire life.
It really is like an acid trip gone bad.

:<

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

The YouTube channel CanucksHD has all the highlights up. No full games, but they focus purely on the Canuck highpoints, and not those of the other teams.

Mr. Canucklehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
You can watch all the highlight packages on Youtube.

I do that every once and a while when I'm drunk. You have to be drunk to watch to the end though.
Quote:

These two statements are both very true. I remember graduating watching game 5. Lapierre's goal and the madness that ensued was incredible. One of the best nights of my life.

Anyways, OP this site used to work for me, it might work for you. I recommend you not watch it sober - at least the end.

http://www.hockeywebcasts.com/nhl/201011/vancouver.php

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 07:25 PM
brandon4679

dam it it didn't work thanks for replying though

Old
11-16-2012, 07:27 PM
CCF
This is the year....

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Tanner Glass fan on repeat in my head. Forever and always.

CCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 07:59 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post
Well we ended up winning that game so it's not too frustrating to see that on repeat. Henrik and Burrrows' fans in game 6/7, on the other hand, are a pang to the heart.

aandbreatheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:15 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post
Tanner Glass, ugh. Would have been nice to know that we could score more than one goal in a game though (if Lapierre ended up scoring too).

Old
11-16-2012, 08:16 PM
CanucksSayEh

The only thing i can watch is game 7 vs chi highlights. Nothing else, i refuse to watch even Torres, Lapps and Burrs winners in the finals and leave the room when anyone starts the intro to NHL 12.

CanucksSayEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:16 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
Well we ended up winning that game so it's not too frustrating to see that on repeat. Henrik and Burrrows' fans in game 6/7, on the other hand, are a pang to the heart.
My heart skipped a beat watching that Henrik chance.

Game 6 was our opportunity, but we were out of it after the first period.

Ugh, that Burrows chance in game 7, and I think there was a Tambelli Kesler chance too. All we needed was that first goal.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:

Ugh, that Burrows chance in game 7, and I think there was a Tambelli Kesler chance too. All we needed was that first goal.
Or the Daniel chance - he should have passed to Burrows who had an open net. Probably our best chance of the game. Burrows had no chance, he didn't have the puck and already Thomas covered the bottom of the net and Chara the top. Also the Kesler chance, but still not that good a chance.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:31 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Or the Daniel chance - he should have passed to Burrows who had an open net. Probably our best chance of the game. Burrows had no chance, he didn't have the puck and already Thomas covered the bottom of the net and Chara the top. Also the Kesler chance, but still not that good a chance.
The worst time for Sedin to not make the ****ing Sedin play and make the pass to the best finisher on the team.

Old
11-16-2012, 09:41 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Why would you put yourself through that torture?

I don't think I'll ever be able to watch the entire run again, until we finally win it all.

vanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??

I still watch Game Seven highlights from the first round vs. Chicago, I'll never be able to get over the ecstasy after Burrows scored the winner off that knuckle puck, I remember I woke my parents up at 2:30 Newfoundland time when I was home visiting by going absolutely insane in the living room. Everything about that, finally beating Chicago, winning on home ice, and in nailbiting overtime in game seven, Unbelievable.

Still gives me chills, that was the most amazing feeling ever, I try and forget that was in the same year as the eventual cup run to give that series win over the Hawks more meaning for me.

Velociraptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 09:57 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Why would you put yourself through that torture?

I don't think I'll ever be able to watch the entire run again, until we finally win it all.
Whenever I watch them, it just feels like a lifetime ago. I can't even relate it to what I was feeling when I saw it in the moment. The feelings have passed.

aandbreatheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 10:06 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:

Thomas is totally out the crease, Burrows has the puck, but Chara is in the crease. What does Z do? Just folds his knees and hunches back. Burrows hits the socks.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 01:46 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 507
I watch the whole playoff run once in a while, but stop at G2 of the SCF - as far as I'll ever go.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 11:10 AM
brandon4679

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
I watch the whole playoff run once in a while, but stop at G2 of the SCF - as far as I'll ever go.
Where can u watch the games?

Old
11-17-2012, 11:43 AM
PoolChamp

I prefer watching the 94 playoff run.

PoolChamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 01:04 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
I still remember for game 1 of the SCF I was at work and managed to snag a ticket in the lower bowl for $171. Got to the door and found out it was a counterfeit, so I quickly went over to my scalper (the one I always do business with if I go that route) and bought a single in the upper bowl for $500. Couldn't get through to Stubhub but eventually did the next day and they at least agreed to refund my original purchase, as well as the $500 I paid to get into the building. Was a bit of a meh game, but when Torres scored to finish the building erupted.

Game 2 I had tickets with my buddy and it was a surreal atmosphere with everything centered around Malhotra's return. It was an exciting game, and I was preparing for a long overtime. Turns out my buddy ended up missing the goal, but I saw it. What an atmosphere. Everyone expected we would sweep the series after that.

Fast forward to game 5, I had my $500 credit and considered spending an extra $200 to get back into the building for this game. Ended up holding off and watched the game from CBC plaza with another buddy of mine. Very tense feeling, but much jubilation when Lapierre scored that goal. The mood amongst the crowd was cautiously optimistic afterwards. Everyone was downtown partying and celebrating, but a lot of people were holding up one finger, signifying one more game. It seems like people knew the job wasn't over.

Game 7, I spend all day at work trying to get a ticket into the building. The best deals I found were standing room only for $1,100. Wasn't going to pay that. Then at 4pm I found a guy to sell me a ticket for $1,000 in the upper bowl, but he cancelled out minutes before we were supposed to meet up. I end up considering going to a pub with friends in New Westminster, but they phone me back saying the pub was full so they're all going to be lame and go home and watch it from home. Another buddy of mine was watching it from CBC plaza, but by the time I got there the police had blocked off the area saying it was full. Quickly I go back on to Stubhub and see an upper bowl ticket for $1,700. I click "buy" and just as it was about to process someone else had sniped it from me. Now we are minutes before gametime and I'm wandering the streets of Downtown Vancouver. I bolt it over to Yaletown and end up sneaking into The Keg and watch it, standing room only, from the bar area. Everyone was deflated after Boston scored each goal, and I ended up leaving in the 2nd intermission to go home. Very very angry and disappointed.

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 03:25 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
I remember most feeling so angry at the team in round one for just being so lacksidasicle and emotionless in games 4 but especially 5, then just being pissed off that Crawford was standing on his head.

When Toews scored you could see it coming because the Canucks were just content to sit back and wear down the clock instead of forcing the Hawks to play defensive. The Burrows Penalty shot drove me nuts cause he did not do his signature move. The penalty was well deserved, and Luongo redeemed himself on the Sharp save. Complete and utter joy when Burrows scored

Nashville you knew they were going to beat, and same with the Sharks. I remember clearly saying to my son that when Kesler got injured there went the Canucks chances at winning the cup. I was fooled a bit when he tied game 5. Weirdest series winner ever on Bieksa's goal.

I thought they were going to win in 6 vs the Bruins, but the Hamhuis and Kesler injuries were too much, but the suspension to Rome (while I hate the guy) was huge because he really was playing great hockey. The hit was late but not 4 games worth late. Stupid play that helped decide the series, but the Jekyll and Hyde nature of the team caught up to them.

I remember thinking after game 5 that this should've been the Stanley Cup win. Game 4 was a should've been and instead they just slept walked. The opportunity to come home to win was just not in their mentality. I honeslty believe this team felt they had until game 7, it was like a mental crutch.

But those injuries destroyed the team and Luongo was a mirror image of the team, As bad as he was so was the team. Everyone knows that should be the Canucks on that cup and a banner hangiing... instead the Hockey gods played another cruel joke on the franchise and the real fans. The real fans just sat in disbelief and were exhausted.

Biggest Canuck Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2012, 03:44 PM
SonicY
Ad hominem

Agreed with the sentiment on the SCF. I can watch G1, G2 and Lappy's goal from G5, but anything else makes me physically ill.

SonicY is offline   Reply With Quote