HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lockout Discussion Thread 4.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Sure but writing an article about it is also poor judgment, and getting offended as an outsider is being ridiculously sensitive.
That's your opinion.

They can't write about hockey that's for sure.

Old
12-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I just want hockey. Couldn't give less of a **** about who said what anymore.

Old
12-20-2012, 02:17 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Yeah he's such a hothead this Gorges guy. Screw him.

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/josh-gorg...kout-1.1075763

DAMN YOU LAPDOG, CANT YOU SEE UR JUST A PUPPER FOR HITL-- FEHR???/
Don't even know why you quoted me. Brown noser = hothead?????

But nonetheless.............blame can be placed different places throughout this process but NHLPA has played the poor innocent victim too much for my liking.

IMHO.......the NHL, that eventful Thursday night, left a proposal for the NHLPA to consider. I get the impression there are/were three elements, for the sake of the sport economically, that the NHL needs. So the little lemmings went back to their agent that night with the NHL's proposal and Fehr immediately picked at those things. Is it really beyond the NHLPA to pick at something else. And then that little charade ensued with all the little lemmings standing behind Fehr with all of their mopey looks.

Is there any possible chance that the NHLPA could have taken that proposal back to Fehr, thanked the owners for coming and meeting with them and made a better decision? No - the NHLPA and Fehr made a total farce out of it.

I started out through this mess being on the players' side but slowly moved to the owners' side. The sport has to survive for these guys to keep their hefty contracts and the fact of the matter is the NHL and the owners have the responsibility.

The players, IMHO, need to really ask themselves how difficult/easy/glamorous their jobs really are. We're not talking about poor working conditions. I get tired of Gorges' and others' rhetoric about how great it is to be a Hab, how great the training facility is, how great the fans are, how great the organization is........blah, blah, blah. Who the heck does he think pays to provide all of the above and pay his salary too?

Old
12-20-2012, 02:48 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Yes, other businesses. Not sure why you seem surprised by this.
Just google the list of owners and then wiki their names to see what other businesses they own.
Or simply think back of George Gillett, he owned various businesses in the food department. He also had a Nascar team had some point, was in talks with Saputo for a Mtl franchise in the MLSE, and Liverpool FC.
You think owners don't have other stuff on their plate? Really? Are you that naive?

Actually I never justified anything. You said you realized doing two things at once was difficult, but that the owners could work on fixing salaries and the CBA, and something else for the league. To which I responded, they also have other businesses to run. Basically the point was to say doing too many things at once isn't the smartest thing.
What the priority is right now is finding an agreement so hockey is back. No matter what they decide, some teams will keep losing money next season. It's not something you fix over night.
Also, I said they might be working on things right now. It's not like you and I are part of that small inner circle.

Just a little FYI, after all your criticism towards them, and bickering about how they aren't doing anything for the league, you still haven't given a realistic solution. All you came up with seem to be let's move or eliminate some teams. And by some you're going for a minimum of 6. Yea...that's gonna happen..
reading comprehension...

Old
12-20-2012, 03:14 PM
DAChampion

The whining about Evander Kane enjoying his life is incredible.

Hopefully it causes a huge scandal, and Winnipeg trades him to Montreal for a 2nd round draft pick.

Old
12-20-2012, 03:25 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post

Hopefully it causes a huge scandal, and Winnipeg trades him to Montreal for a 2nd round draft pick.
It really is. And that article that was linked was the sorriest, worst-written thing I've ever seen.

Old
12-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:

Let the hockey gods hear you.

Old
12-20-2012, 03:33 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
It really is. And that article that was linked was the sorriest, worst-written thing I've ever seen.
I tried reading the article but I couldn't make it.

Anyway, someone is complaining that he brags about his life on facebook/twitter.

Look, honestly, if you pee in your pants whenever you see a 21 year old millionaire being happy, don't add them on twitter/facebook.

Old
12-20-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
If you can't wrap your head around why this might come off as slightly ostentatious (at the very least) given the current circumstances then there is nothing for me to say.

You say you don't understand why so many people would be upset at this. I don't understand how someone would not be right now if they are in any remote way following this 3 month long debacle.

What I also don't understand is why you feel the need to defend him and why you feel the need to call me out about being offended by that picture. If it doesn't bother you, why not just leave it at that instead of calling out people who are offended by it? Is it insecurity? Are you sure it's not bothering you?

Just odd.
I don't see the point of writing an article about it, even less suggesting he should be traded or that his days are numbered.

Also, the lockout doesn't involve me...it's between the players and the owners, so why should a picture of a player enjoying life bother me?

It just doesn't

Old
12-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I don't see the point of writing an article about it, even less suggesting he should be traded or that his days are numbered.

Also, the lockout doesn't involve me...it's between the players and the owners, so why should a picture of a player enjoying life bother me?

It just doesn't
Well, it irks me given the circumstances. If I owned a sports bar, or a restaurant or a sports store that relies on selling NHL merch I suspect it would irk me even more. He probably didn't mean it to come across as flaunting, but it does.

Besides, nobody likes a show-off.

Old
12-20-2012, 03:49 PM
DAChampion

Quote:

Besides, nobody likes a show-off.
Then don't add him on Twitter/Facebook.

Old
12-20-2012, 03:55 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
I tried reading the article but I couldn't make it.

Anyway, someone is complaining that he brags about his life on facebook/twitter.

Look, honestly, if you pee in your pants whenever you see a 21 year old millionaire being happy, don't add them on twitter/facebook.
The article actually read like a series of tweets being strung together to form paragraphs.

But seriously though..what, are we supposed to pretend like Kane didn't already sign a huge contract and doesn't already have a lot of money?

And even so, wasn't he pictured with a stack of ones?

Give me a break. As someone (maybe you?) said, people who get mad about stuff like that are just looking for an outlet or a face to put to their misdirected anger over the lockout.

Old
12-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Then don't add him on Twitter/Facebook.
I don't have a Twitter account and definitely not a facebook friend.

I'm allergic to social media.

Old
12-20-2012, 03:58 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
The article actually read like a series of tweets being strung together to form paragraphs.

But seriously though..what, are we supposed to pretend like Kane didn't already sign a huge contract and doesn't already have a lot of money?

Give me a break. As someone (maybe you?) said, people who get mad about stuff like that are just looking for an outlet or a face to put to their misdirected anger over the lockout.
LOL was it a pack of ones?

I didn't even know that. This is even more pathetic than I thought.

Old
12-20-2012, 04:02 PM
Jigger77

Quote:

Yeah well they can misdirect the money I'm done giving them. I have lost a lot of respect for hockey players lately. And pictures of them flaunting piles of money or of them hanging out in fancy resorts and then turning around and acting like proletariat martyrs the next minute doesn't exactly help restore that respect.

Old
12-20-2012, 04:13 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Yeah well they can misdirect the money I'm done giving them. I have lost a lot of respect for hockey players lately. And pictures of them flaunting piles of money or of them hanging out in fancy resorts and then turning around and acting like proletariat martyrs the next minute doesn't exactly help restore that respect.
I think this is the sentiment felt by the people who were "offended" (more like pissed) by Kane's deliberate public offering. (A sentiment I share.)

It's not so much that people are too sensitive as him being a complete asshat for not realizing how bad that looks in the middle of a lockout that fans are deeply angry about. Whether it's the players, the league or both (it's both), unintentional finger is still perceived as a finger to many. I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but I think he's a moron given the circumstances.

Old
12-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I think this is the sentiment felt by the people who were "offended" (more like pissed) by Kane's deliberate public offering. (A sentiment I share.)

It's not so much that people are too sensitive as him being a complete asshat for not realizing how bad that looks in the middle of a lockout that fans are deeply angry about. Whether it's the players, the league or both (it's both), unintentional finger is still perceived as a finger to many. I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but I think he's a moron given the circumstances.
Pretty much.

Old
12-20-2012, 05:01 PM
RC51

I want everyone to think hard about this idea. If we wish for a cancelled year it's great for the habs. This is a very deep draft. If the NHL uses the same formula as last time the season was cancelled the habs have a great chance to get another great set of prospects. Sure we don't get hockey this year but it's a cheap way to tank for a year to get top choices. 1/2 the year is already gone.

Old
12-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

The only thing wrong with Kane's tweet/picture is the timing....at any other time it would be a non-event. Given the current situation, well....

Old
12-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Pretty much missing the mental escape of watching Habs hockey, at this point.

You know... where all of the world's troubles melt away as you wait for the puck drop and focus in on the flow & details of game action.

Yep... mental escape...

with a couple of beers too, of course

Old
12-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
reading comprehension...
Insightful as always.

Old
12-20-2012, 05:54 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
I want everyone to think hard about this idea. If we wish for a cancelled year it's great for the habs. This is a very deep draft. If the NHL uses the same formula as last time the season was cancelled the habs have a great chance to get another great set of prospects. Sure we don't get hockey this year but it's a cheap way to tank for a year to get top choices. 1/2 the year is already gone.

I don't think so.
Leafs Minny and Cbj are looking good though.

Old
12-20-2012, 05:55 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Pretty much missing the mental escape of watching Habs hockey, at this point.

You know... where all of the world's troubles melt away as you wait for the puck drop and focus in on the flow & details of game action.

Yep... mental escape...

with a couple of beers too, of course
So very true it's the greatest escape for me like a good drug.

Old
12-20-2012, 06:27 PM
MarkersMark*

Geez Gorges, can it.

Can't stand him anymore.

Old
12-20-2012, 06:29 PM
MarkersMark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
I don't recall the exact process last time around but I think they gave extra lottery balls to teams based on how many years they missed the playoffs out of the past 3 seasons.

That would leave us with 1 bonus ball, and a team like the Leafs with 3. Hardly in our favor.

Closed Thread