HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Open invitation to Preds fans

Old
11-23-2012, 12:29 PM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

vCash: 530
Open invitation to Preds fans

Dear Preds fans,
Over a year ago now fans of the Atlanta Thrashers went through sports hell with the drama surrounding the re-location of our team. Many of us probably felt like giving up on the NHL(I know I did) and even hockey all together(I could never fully give up on such a great sport). However many of you here provided a warm and friendly welcome into a new home. We responded by taking up refuge on these boards, buying Preds merchandise, watching games on tv(thank you FSS) and attending games at Bridgestone Arena. Now the tables are turned(somewhat).
The NHL has locked out again with it seems no end in sight. So I am inviting you guys to come check out the ECHL Gwinnett Gladiators. Yeah I know what most of you are probably thinking "its not the NHL" and I would respond with you're right but the Glads ice a highly competitive quality product and for those who live in the Nashville area Duluth Georgia is just a 4 hour drive south. Tickets are much easier on the wallet compared to the NHL and the Gladiators play in one of the nicest arenas in the league with the Arena at Gwinnett Center seating over 11,000 for hockey. I hope many of you take the opportunity this season to come check out an exciting team.
Thanks

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 03:29 PM
cleangene

vCash: 500
I may just take you up on your kind offer. Just finding out that now games through Dec 14th are gone have just SICKENED me beyond words. I'm not asking for a refund to keep support of the PREDS organization going, but even IF (and that's a HUGE I-F) there somehow is a season of 40 games or so in the No Hockey League, I may stay away from it.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
I may just take you up on your kind offer. Just finding out that now games through Dec 14th are gone have just SICKENED me beyond words. I'm not asking for a refund to keep support of the PREDS organization going, but even IF (and that's a HUGE I-F) there somehow is a season of 40 games or so in the No Hockey League, I may stay away from it.
The way to protest is to not buy anything at the arena ... not going to the game will almost assuredly have the team on the first mayflower truck out of town (we don't produce alot of revenue) just an fyi & I have a feeling the "small markets" are going to get murdered in this CBA

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 11:18 PM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

Saw a girl with a Preds jersey on at tonights Gladiators vs Komets game. Don't know if she was a local person who has adopted the Predators or if it was a Preds fan who decided to make the trip down.

Old
12-22-2012, 11:18 PM
cleangene

Thanks to your special invitation, I am planning a trip for this coming Thursday's game!! Hope to bring a few other PredHeads, but if not, I'm still looking forward to live hockey outside the confines of Tennessee. The thought of doing this has helped me get through an ultra-stressful work week, so let's get this Christmas thing done and PLAY SOME HOCKEY.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:22 PM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Thanks to your special invitation, I am planning a trip for this coming Thursday's game!! Hope to bring a few other PredHeads, but if not, I'm still looking forward to live hockey outside the confines of Tennessee. The thought of doing this has helped me get through an ultra-stressful work week, so let's get this Christmas thing done and PLAY SOME HOCKEY.
Just now seeing this as I haven't visited this site in a while. How was your experience?