HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OKC Barons @ San Antonio Rampage, Sunday 12/9 3:30PM MDT

Old
12-09-2012, 07:06 PM
ales83fan

vCash: 500
the Barons suck.

Fire Nelson!

ales83fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:07 PM
ales83fan

Jokes aside, they don't play with grit.

Is this because of coaching or make up of the team?

Old
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

They get a powerplay?! Out of that?!

nofool6110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Green slewfooted while tagging up and San Antonio ends up on the PP.

syz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
How is that tripping on Green?

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:08 PM
ejams

Make up call for the Eberle "dive"

ejams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:09 PM
BlueChip01
HFBoards Sponsor

Chalk up another loss for the barons. I really don't even care about the losses. I know the big guys will play well in the NHL.

BlueChip01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Shanahanigans

Anyone else impressed by Harski owning the Dmen down low tonight? More so than usual. Driving the net, taking 2 guys with him, killing it down low, plus scoring a goal. This kid is perfect for the Oilers. I hope he produces enough in the NHL to be a mainstay on our top 6.

Shanahanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Baronsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip01 View Post
Chalk up another loss for the barons. I really don't even care about the losses. I know the big guys will play well in the NHL.
You might not, but I get the feeling a lot of the guys are getting a tad frustrated with all the high expectations of everyone saying they would wreck the league. I remember Eberle sounding pretty passionate about how he is sick of losing after the Abbotsford games and how he has yet to even be on a winning team in his pro career.

That being said, they are winless in their last 4. Maybe Coach Nelson spoke too soon when he mentioned that the boys finally have their "swagger" back.

Baronsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:15 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanahanigans View Post
Anyone else impressed by Harski owning the Dmen down low tonight? More so than usual. Driving the net, taking 2 guys with him, killing it down low, plus scoring a goal. This kid is perfect for the Oilers. I hope he produces enough in the NHL to be a mainstay on our top 6.
I thought I read..."mantasy"

Great work, brain, great work.

BoldNewLettuce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
They have to learn how to win sooner or later, right now they aren't doing that. IMO this may have been Schultz' worst game of the season, his head wasn't in the game tonight, lots of bad decisions on his part tonight. This team misses RNH in a big way IMO.

ales83fan

Quote:
while eberle, hall, RNH, Shultz and Harti showed they can play, I am worried about the rest of the team.

Not enough grit, not enough fight in one goal games. I actually watched them when I could last year, and these were games they were winning. Also, Plante and Teubert regressed from last year. They looked way better.

MPS is really awkward with the puck. No idea why that's the case. I guess he always was like that, I just expected him to get better.

Harti is a beauty.

You have to love how he plays.

Old
12-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronsfan View Post
You might not, but I get the feeling a lot of the guys are getting a tad frustrated with all the high expectations of everyone saying they would wreck the league. I remember Eberle sounding pretty passionate about how he is sick of losing after the Abbotsford games and how he has yet to even be on a winning team in his pro career.

That being said, they are winless in their last 4. Maybe Coach Nelson spoke too soon when he mentioned that the boys finally have their "swagger" back.
Agreed, things still aren't looking up at the moment. Still lots of guys not contributing much.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:17 PM
stoff

Quote:
They might play well but it is concerning that even at the ahl level our core players and leaders of the team are not capable of winning games. If they have this much trouble to win games to inferior competition how will that translate to the nhl?

I know it's is not the whole team, but eberle, schultz, hall, RNH and to a lesser extent hartikanen, paajarvi,and lander are all going to be main pieces and leaders of the Oilers club and the success depends on them.

They have to start to learn how to win games or else they will all get points but we will be on the outside of the playoffs every year.

stoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:18 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
They have to learn how to win sooner or later, right now they aren't doing that. IMO this may have been Schultz' worst game of the season, his head wasn't in the game tonight, lots of bad decisions on his part tonight. This team misses RNH in a big way IMO.
I think that Schultz has been pretty bad the last 4 games, he seems to be hitting a rookie wall which was to be expected. It also doesn't help that he doesn't have a steady D partner to have his back during the tough times, Marincin has arguably been worse than Schultz in this 4 game stretch and yes, the team misses RNH especially on the PP.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:19 PM
okgooil
HFBoards Sponsor

Ya, I keep hearing as long as the star players are playign well. but,,, two things.

1. the star players can't be that good if they dont' make us win.

2. I want them to get a winning attitude. Like Eberle said, they need to experince winning.

okgooil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Fatman

As a one player team( as the brass wanted ) this team stinks. Go ahead !

Fatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Baronsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Agreed, things still aren't looking up at the moment. Still lots of guys not contributing much.
Hopefully once Green and Pitlick shake some rust off they can play up to their ability and help on some of the secondary scoring concerns.

If we are looking for more secondary scoring, then I think we might've sent the wrong guy back to Stockton. Rajala created much more than Cornet in limited action. Cornet had a good year last season, and might've been a little lucky as well as I can't see him ever emulating last season and reaching the 20 goal plateau again.

Rajala isn't the most defensively sound of the bunch, but you can't deny that he has good offensive instincts. I'd gladly welcome him back to try and spark some production out of the bottom 6.

Baronsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:31 PM
AM

Its all Horcoffs fault!

AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:47 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I'm missing Hopkins already.

Our depth at center really blows this year. What the hell is wrong with Lander? Did he think that he was good enough that he didn't need to improve or develop in any way after he got drafted? JEEZ!

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Senor Catface

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I'm missing Hopkins already.

Our depth at center really blows this year. What the hell is wrong with Lander? Did he think that he was good enough that he didn't need to improve or develop in any way after he got drafted? JEEZ!
I don't think it was a conscious decision to not improve...

It just falls into the school of "just not that good."

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Nail and Nuge

Pajaarvi is so very unimpressive with his offensive awareness. Sure he skates like the wind and has size but there is nil creativity or finish in his game.

Classic example: Drove hard down the wing (classic move), Backs off the defender (nice), slides into the middle, hesitates to let the defender open a shooting lane (unusual for him) and then...shoots it straight into the goalie's logo from 15 feet away.

What happened to this guy? I am thinking that he never had the offensive prowess and always had a lot of potential secondary to his size and skating.

Maybe I would be happier if I could accept he will be a third liner with PK skills.

Nail and Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Senor Catface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nail and Nuge View Post
Pajaarvi is so very unimpressive with his offensive awareness. Sure he skates like the wind and has size but there is nil creativity or finish in his game.

Classic example: Drove hard down the wing (classic move), Backs off the defender (nice), slides into the middle, hesitates to let the defender open a shooting lane (unusual for him) and then...shoots it straight into the goalie's logo from 15 feet away.

What happened to this guy? I am thinking that he never had the offensive prowess and always had a lot of potential secondary to his size and skating.

Maybe I would be happier if I could accept he will be a third liner with PK skills.
What I hope is at this point, management is looking at next year's team based on standard of play and not draft placement. Teemu, at this point, should be ahead on the depth chart going forward until proven otherwise.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Oilception

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
while eberle, hall, RNH, Shultz and Harti showed they can play, I am worried about the rest of the team.

Not enough grit, not enough fight in one goal games. I actually watched them when I could last year, and these were games they were winning. Also, Plante and Teubert regressed from last year. They looked way better.

MPS is really awkward with the puck. No idea why that's the case. I guess he always was like that, I just expected him to get better.

Harti is a beauty.

You have to love how he plays.
I havent seen every game but from following as much as i can id ad Marincin to that group as well, maybe not quite as good but i like what i see from him

Oilception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Nail and Nuge

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Van Buren View Post
What I hope is at this point, management is looking at next year's team based on standard of play and not draft placement. Teemu, at this point, should be ahead on the depth chart going forward until proven otherwise.
I agree with this 100%- Teemu has easily surpassed Magnus right now with his size, grit and surprising touch. Look at that pass he made yesterday when he held off two players and played the puck in the slot. Nice play.

I still wish they breakup the kids line and put Teemu with RNH and Eberle to give them a presence down low. He may not have the finish (haha) that is usual for a first liner in the NHL, but his game compliments the immense talent of RNH and Ebs.

Hall can generate the speed that Gagner is lacking and drive the bus for the second line.

Nail and Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote