HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winter Blunder: Cornerback Roulette

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-16-2012, 05:34 PM
  #476
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 46,016
vCash: 500
new offense: throw the ball to heath all day every day

Ogrezilla is online now  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:36 PM
  #477
End of Line
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 21,539
vCash: 500
Press coverage, ****ing play it!

End of Line is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:37 PM
  #478
MrBurghundy
Never forget: #47
 
MrBurghundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 20,983
vCash: 500
They just can't stop Austin

MrBurghundy is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:38 PM
  #479
Bennett Brauer
Registered User
 
Bennett Brauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I hate this post and any post like it so much. nothing personal but I freaking hate that mentality. Especially when we can still make the freaking playoffs.
Well why not? Sure, mathematically, we can still make the playoffs, but with how this team has played? I don't see them winning another damn football game. Why? Because of teams they sucked against. They had no business winning some of their games.

1. We got a lucky turnover against the Chiefs (2-11), the worst team in football, in overtime at home on Monday Night Football.

2. They barely beat the Eagles (4-10), another bad team, with a field goal near the end of the game at home.

3. They had no business beating the Ravens 2 weeks ago, another game ending field goal.

Now let's look at the teams they lost to.

1. Oakland Raiders (3-10)
2. Tennessee Titans (4-9)
3. Cleveland Browns (5-8)
4. San Diego Chargers (5-8)

This team DOES NOT DESERVE to make the playoffs, especially the way they're responding to last week's loss, they're getting their ***** beat AGAIN!

So I'm sorry that you don't like my post, but the fact is, it doesn't even matter because even if the Steelers make the playoffs, who are they going to beat? New England? Denver? Houston? Absolutely not. Can they even beat the Cowboys, Bengals and Browns to get to the playoffs?

The Steelers are overrated, and they are several players away from being a Super Bowl contender.

Bennett Brauer is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:38 PM
  #480
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 46,016
vCash: 500
tackle tackle tackle

Ogrezilla is online now  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:39 PM
  #481
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!
 
BUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 18,156
vCash: 50
Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
can anyone tackle !?!

__________________






BUCKSHOT is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:39 PM
  #482
Dick Sledge
The Tactleneck
 
Dick Sledge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Trapped in Kinect 2
Country: United States
Posts: 4,935
vCash: 500
Looks like we're going for that bend, bend, break defense.

Dick Sledge is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:39 PM
  #483
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 55,654
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Nothing better than this kid trying to act like he did great when he finally stopped one player from catching a ball.

ColePens is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:39 PM
  #484
End of Line
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 21,539
vCash: 500
Jesus, I guess press makes to much sense to run right now.

End of Line is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:40 PM
  #485
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 46,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Well why not? Sure, mathematically, we can still make the playoffs, but with how this team has played? I don't see them winning another damn football game. Why? Because of teams they sucked against. They had no business winning some of their games.

1. We got a lucky turnover against the Chiefs (2-11), the worst team in football, in overtime at home on Monday Night Football.

2. They barely beat the Eagles (4-10), another bad team, with a field goal near the end of the game at home.

3. They had no business beating the Ravens 2 weeks ago, another game ending field goal.

Now let's look at the teams they lost to.

1. Oakland Raiders (3-10)
2. Tennessee Titans (4-9)
3. Cleveland Browns (5-8)
4. San Diego Chargers (5-8)

This team DOES NOT DESERVE to make the playoffs, especially the way they're responding to last week's loss, they're getting their ***** beat AGAIN!

So I'm sorry that you don't like my post, but the fact is, it doesn't even matter because even if the Steelers make the playoffs, who are they going to beat? New England? Denver? Houston? Absolutely not. Can they even beat the Cowboys, Bengals and Browns to get to the playoffs?

The Steelers are overrated, and they are several players away from being a Super Bowl contender.
I don't care even a little bit. Win every game you can win. I'm rooting for them to win until we lose. Then I'll get ready to root for them to win next week. The day we stop trying to win games is the day I stop being a Steelers fan. Luckily, it isn't going to happen. The organization has some dignity. I'd rather go 8-8, miss the playoffs and get a middle pick than go 4-12 and get a better pick.

Ogrezilla is online now  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:41 PM
  #486
MrBurghundy
Never forget: #47
 
MrBurghundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 20,983
vCash: 500
Dallas hasn't punted yet. Big stop needed here.

MrBurghundy is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:41 PM
  #487
End of Line
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 21,539
vCash: 500
Is Woodley hurt again!?

End of Line is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:42 PM
  #488
Sivek
Registered User
 
Sivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,268
vCash: 500
Huge play here. Despite being dominated in top and yards, have a chance to go into the half tied...if they can't stop 3rd and very long.

Sivek is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:43 PM
  #489
Dick Sledge
The Tactleneck
 
Dick Sledge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Trapped in Kinect 2
Country: United States
Posts: 4,935
vCash: 500
In this draft class how much will it matter to be 3 or 4 spots higher. We can make the playoffs, give it a go and see what happens. We can always trade up the very minimal spots to get some player. If draft position is a serious worry for you.

Dick Sledge is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:43 PM
  #490
sniugneP
Registered User
 
sniugneP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I don't care even a little bit. Win every game you can win. I'm rooting for them to win until we lose. Then I'll get ready to root for them to win next week. The day we stop trying to win games is the day I stop being a Steelers fan. Luckily, it isn't going to happen. The organization has some dignity.
Agreed. Can't root for us to lose.

sniugneP is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:43 PM
  #491
MrBurghundy
Never forget: #47
 
MrBurghundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 20,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Is Woodley hurt again!?
Worilds has been playing just as good lately anyway.

MrBurghundy is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:43 PM
  #492
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Little Potatoes
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Iceland
Posts: 65,623
vCash: 2563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
This team DOES NOT DESERVE to make the playoffs
Who the **** cares, they still hold their own destiny and should get a few banged up bodies back before the playoffs. Josh Victorian isn't too likely to be starting in the playoffs.

If there has ever been a league to not play for draft position, it's the NFL. There's too many good players at too many positions to throw away a chance to pick 16th instead of 21st.

__________________
“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:44 PM
  #493
Sivek
Registered User
 
Sivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Is Woodley hurt again!?
I think it's safe to say that Woodley's natural state is being injured, better way to phrase it would be to say is Woodley healthy, for that is the less common disposition for him. Just assume he is hurt unless told otherwise.

Doesn't seem like he's been healthy in years. Might turn out to be a Merriman-esque player who comes in fast and blazes out after 4 seasons.

Sivek is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:45 PM
  #494
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 46,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Who the **** cares, they still hold their own destiny and should get a few banged up bodies back before the playoffs. Josh Victorian isn't too likely to be starting in the playoffs.

If there has ever been a league to not play for draft position, it's the NFL. There's too many good players at too many positions to throw away a chance to pick 16th instead of 21st.
especially when playoffs are just one game. anyone can win a given night.

Ogrezilla is online now  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:45 PM
  #495
End of Line
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 21,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Worilds has been playing just as good lately anyway.
Oh I know. Keep him in.

If Woodley can't stay healthy, time to go.

__________________

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:45 PM
  #496
Bennett Brauer
Registered User
 
Bennett Brauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I don't care even a little bit. Win every game you can win. I'm rooting for them to win until we lose. Then I'll get ready to root for them to win next week. The day we stop trying to win games is the day I stop being a Steelers fan. Luckily, it isn't going to happen. The organization has some dignity.
Oh I know the Steelers won't stop trying to win, I just don't think they have what it takes. I want them to win too, I'd like them to beat Dallas, Cincy and Cleveland and make the playoffs, but I don't think they will make the playoffs therefore making the season irrelevant to me. I don't think they're going to quit trying I just think they don't have the answer for these teams.

Bennett Brauer is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:46 PM
  #497
MrBurghundy
Never forget: #47
 
MrBurghundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 20,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivek View Post
I think it's safe to say that Woodley's natural state is being injured, better way to phrase it would be to say is Woodley healthy, for that is the less common disposition for him. Just assume he is hurt unless told otherwise.

Doesn't seem like he's been healthy in years. Might turn out to be a Merriman-esque player who comes in fast and blazes out after 4-5 seasons.
Yeah... he seems overrated anyway. Not a bad player, but nothing special either.

MrBurghundy is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:46 PM
  #498
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 46,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Oh I know the Steelers won't stop trying to win, I just don't think they have what it takes. I want them to win too, I'd like them to beat Dallas, Cincy and Cleveland and make the playoffs, but I don't think they will make the playoffs therefore making the season irrelevant to me. I don't think they're going to quit trying I just think they don't have the answer for these teams.
I disagree. we are seriously down 1 score and you're calling for us to play for draft position.

Ogrezilla is online now  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:50 PM
  #499
Sivek
Registered User
 
Sivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,268
vCash: 500
tons of low snaps this year

Sivek is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:51 PM
  #500
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Little Potatoes
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Iceland
Posts: 65,623
vCash: 2563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I disagree. we are seriously down 1 score and you're calling for us to play for draft position.
We have a very good chance of going into halftime tied against a team playing for their playoff lives with our practice squad playing secondary.

If this game were 35-3 then you may have a point, but this team still has enough in them to keep games close. Last week was a total bust of a game, but we still hold our own destiny in our hands.

Calling us to play for draft position in these circumstances? Hand in your fan credentials. We've won a Super Bowl from the 6 seed before. You just never know when it comes to the playoffs...once you're in anything is possible, and this team has a lot of talent that isn't on the field right now.

Big McLargehuge is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.