HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 03:01 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 500
Frk facing Ouellet today.. starting now.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:57 PM
StormSurge9

Frk's team got the better of Ouellet's team, score was 4-3 Mooseheads.

Frk had 2 assists and was a +2. Ouellet scored a PP goal and was a -1

Old
01-22-2013, 12:17 AM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Thanks for the link! I remember him notching a hatty last season. I seriously hope we sign him following this season.
Considering he is just a junior and has another year left, I seriously hope you don't.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:46 AM
JimLaheyprobert

Alexei Marchenko has played in the khl for a while, does anyone think this guy can make an nhl jump anytime soon?

Old
01-22-2013, 11:51 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
Alexei Marchenko has played in the khl for a while, does anyone think this guy can make an nhl jump anytime soon?
Doubt it, he'll stay there where he will make a lot more money than in the AHL and early years of NHL service.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:53 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Anyone have any recent reports on how Jarnkrok is doing?

Old
01-22-2013, 12:20 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Anyone have any recent reports on how Jarnkrok is doing?
I've watched most of his games lately, he looks good but not on top of his game. Calle leads the team with 33 points in 41 games, which is good for 7th overall in the league scoring. His team has struggled this season, they're very thin in the scoring department and has had poor goaltending. Nevertheless he's getting valuable experience being the go-to guy and playing all important situations.

Today he's playing with two grinders on his wings as Lindholm is out.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Jokerit-JYP went into a shootout again at 1-1, so no points for Pulkkinen. He scored in the shootout though. And again! Jokerit win and get the extra point.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:08 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I've watched most of his games lately, he looks good but not on top of his game. Calle leads the team with 33 points in 41 games, which is good for 7th overall in the league scoring. His team has struggled this season, they're very thin in the scoring department and has had poor goaltending. Nevertheless he's getting valuable experience being the go-to guy and playing all important situations.

That's good to hear, it's good that he is gaining that experience of being that go to guy. Just wondering has he brought his game to another level with Silfverberg being in the NHL this season? And do you think he'll need a season or so of the AHL or could he make the jump to the NHL right away?

Old
01-22-2013, 01:28 PM
joe89

Quote:
That's good to hear, it's good that he is gaining that experience of being that go to guy. Just wondering has he brought his game to another level with Silfverberg being in the NHL this season? And do you think he'll need a season or so of the AHL or could he make the jump to the NHL right away?
I think he's a significantly more mature player this year. Being on pace to break last years totals in a worse environment is a solid step in development. He's been a work horse and has stayed healthy. As I see it, he's the reason they hold the last playoff spot right now. The biggest step he could take from here this season would be if he could have some good International games. He's had some struggles to put up points against that kind of opposition.

AHL adapt time wouldn't hurt him, but he'll be 22 in the fall and deserves a chance to make it out of camp if he's good enough. Seeing as his team most likely will be bumped in the playoffs right away, I think they should bring him to Grand Rapids at the end of this season.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Brick Top
I love goooold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Jokerit-JYP went into a shootout again at 1-1, so no points for Pulkkinen. He scored in the shootout though. And again! Jokerit win and get the extra point.
Quote:

Totally serious here for once- I really appreciate our European posters/scouting dept and the input you guys put on the board. Definitely gives me an idea of what to expect from our prospects playing in your areas, as I don't have the time or capability to track down games/footage. Thanks!

Old
01-22-2013, 03:13 PM
ChadS

Pulkkinen was also the first star despite not scoring points in the game. Here's his second and game winning shootout goal at 1:48:

Järnkrok didn't get points but played 24:07 and was ~64% on faceoffs.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
I think he's a significantly more mature player this year. Being on pace to break last years totals in a worse environment is a solid step in development. He's been a work horse and has stayed healthy. As I see it, he's the reason they hold the last playoff spot right now. The biggest step he could take from here this season would be if he could have some good International games. He's had some struggles to put up points against that kind of opposition.

AHL adapt time wouldn't hurt him, but he'll be 22 in the fall and deserves a chance to make it out of camp if he's good enough. Seeing as his team most likely will be bumped in the playoffs right away, I think they should bring him to Grand Rapids at the end of this season.
Sweet, I really like the sounds of how he is progressing then, I really feel like he could be our long term #2 center, or possibly or #1 if everything goes right. Thanks a lot for the update!

Ps: How is he doing on the draws this year? If I remember correctly that was something he had trouble with last year.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:18 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan2Holland View Post
Just saw this tweet from @KatieStrangESPN

"#Isles Nino Niederreiter's camp is seeking a trade from the Islanders, a source tells ESPNNY. Unhappy with current situation"

If true, I'd hope Holland would be all over that. I seem to remember him and Jim Nill being pretty high on Nino a couple years back. Considering the strengths of our prospect pool right now, I'd love to see the wings trade for him.

Tatar + Kindl + a pick ? Would that be enough??
I think they would want Nyquist or Smith for him and rightfully so. He still has top line potential and is tearing up the AHL right now, I think it would take something more than what you offered but I'm not sure how much more. The fact that he is under team control for 6 more years is a big thing as well.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:23 PM
shultzyfeelinirie20

vCash: 1034
id do nyquist and a 2nd for nino

Old
01-22-2013, 03:25 PM
joe89

Quote:
Sweet, I really like the sounds of how he is progressing then, I really feel like he could be our long term #2 center, or possibly or #1 if everything goes right. Thanks a lot for the update!

Ps: How is he doing on the draws this year? If I remember correctly that was something he had trouble with last year.
Right around 50%. 257 won, 256 lost.

Funny enough Håkan Andersson is on a Swedish hockey talk show tonight. Said he sees the same player today as he saw when he drafted him, but bigger and stronger. Thought he probably could've scored even more with the right bounces. He praised Calle's work ethics mostly, said he's working as hard off as he does on the ice. On the contrary, he said Dick Axelsson absolutely wasn't putting in the hard work needed to make the NHL and still isn't. He was brutally honest with that one.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:00 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Right around 50%. 257 won, 256 lost.
I checked those like month ago, and then we has clearly under 50. So he's going upwards at faceoffs.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:02 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Pulkkinen was also the first star despite not scoring points in the game. Here's his second and game winning shootout goal at 1:48:

Järnkrok didn't get points but played 24:07 and was ~64% on faceoffs.
This video filmed by a fan, has the whole shootout:

Old
01-23-2013, 04:38 AM
Yabob

Bäckman just signed a 1 year extension with Linköping. He feels like he could use one more year in Sweden. It's speculated that the Red Wings feel the same.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:30 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabob View Post
Bäckman just signed a 1 year extension with Linköping. He feels like he could use one more year in Sweden. It's speculated that the Red Wings feel the same.
I'm not surprised. With the amount of d-prospects in next year's Grand Rapids roster and his big role with Linköping, this is really the only logical decision.

I wonder if the new 4 year rule for signing European draft picks is only in place for future draft picks or also the unsigned ones such as Bäckman?

Old
01-23-2013, 05:57 AM
zecke26

Quote:
I'm not surprised. With the amount of d-prospects in next year's Grand Rapids roster and his big role with Linköping, this is really the only logical decision.

I wonder if the new 4 year rule for signing European draft picks is only in place for future draft picks or also the unsigned ones such as Bäckman?
only for future draftees i'd say. when it was changed the last time, it didn't affect old draftees.

and yes, it's pretty good news he re-signed for another year. he's not only developing into a key player in linkoping, i think he also will take a big role on national team soon.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:47 AM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabob View Post
Awesome. Hopefully the plan is for him to go directly from the SEL to Detroit.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:37 PM
ricky0034

Quote:

with Ouellet,Sproul,Jensen,maybe Marchenko,maybe Nedomlel next years gonna be a make or break year for a few guys like Almquist and Lashoff before Backman and Marchenko if he doesn't come over next year come over

Grand Rapids is gonna get real crowded real fast on D

Old
01-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Jurky
I heart Tats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
with Ouellet,Sproul,Jensen,maybe Marchenko,maybe Nedomlel next years gonna be a make or break year for a few guys like Almquist and Lashoff before Backman and Marchenko if he doesn't come over next year come over

Grand Rapids is gonna get real crowded real fast on D
Still a possibility of signing Dekeyser as well

Old
01-23-2013, 02:53 PM
ricky0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimuspaul View Post
Still a possibility of signing Dekeyser as well
true,completely forgot about him

so many names

Closed Thread