HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Jussi
Hey everyone

vCash: 500
Jokerit-JYP went into a shootout again at 1-1, so no points for Pulkkinen. He scored in the shootout though. And again! Jokerit win and get the extra point.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:08 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I've watched most of his games lately, he looks good but not on top of his game. Calle leads the team with 33 points in 41 games, which is good for 7th overall in the league scoring. His team has struggled this season, they're very thin in the scoring department and has had poor goaltending. Nevertheless he's getting valuable experience being the go-to guy and playing all important situations.

Today he's playing with two grinders on his wings as Lindholm is out.
That's good to hear, it's good that he is gaining that experience of being that go to guy. Just wondering has he brought his game to another level with Silfverberg being in the NHL this season? And do you think he'll need a season or so of the AHL or could he make the jump to the NHL right away?

Old
01-22-2013, 01:28 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
That's good to hear, it's good that he is gaining that experience of being that go to guy. Just wondering has he brought his game to another level with Silfverberg being in the NHL this season? And do you think he'll need a season or so of the AHL or could he make the jump to the NHL right away?
I think he's a significantly more mature player this year. Being on pace to break last years totals in a worse environment is a solid step in development. He's been a work horse and has stayed healthy. As I see it, he's the reason they hold the last playoff spot right now. The biggest step he could take from here this season would be if he could have some good International games. He's had some struggles to put up points against that kind of opposition.

AHL adapt time wouldn't hurt him, but he'll be 22 in the fall and deserves a chance to make it out of camp if he's good enough. Seeing as his team most likely will be bumped in the playoffs right away, I think they should bring him to Grand Rapids at the end of this season.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Jokerit-JYP went into a shootout again at 1-1, so no points for Pulkkinen. He scored in the shootout though. And again! Jokerit win and get the extra point.
Quote:
I've watched most of his games lately, he looks good but not on top of his game. Calle leads the team with 33 points in 41 games, which is good for 7th overall in the league scoring. His team has struggled this season, they're very thin in the scoring department and has had poor goaltending. Nevertheless he's getting valuable experience being the go-to guy and playing all important situations.

Today he's playing with two grinders on his wings as Lindholm is out.
Totally serious here for once- I really appreciate our European posters/scouting dept and the input you guys put on the board. Definitely gives me an idea of what to expect from our prospects playing in your areas, as I don't have the time or capability to track down games/footage. Thanks!

Old
01-22-2013, 03:13 PM
ChadS

Pulkkinen was also the first star despite not scoring points in the game. Here's his second and game winning shootout goal at 1:48:

Järnkrok didn't get points but played 24:07 and was ~64% on faceoffs.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
I think he's a significantly more mature player this year. Being on pace to break last years totals in a worse environment is a solid step in development. He's been a work horse and has stayed healthy. As I see it, he's the reason they hold the last playoff spot right now. The biggest step he could take from here this season would be if he could have some good International games. He's had some struggles to put up points against that kind of opposition.

AHL adapt time wouldn't hurt him, but he'll be 22 in the fall and deserves a chance to make it out of camp if he's good enough. Seeing as his team most likely will be bumped in the playoffs right away, I think they should bring him to Grand Rapids at the end of this season.
Sweet, I really like the sounds of how he is progressing then, I really feel like he could be our long term #2 center, or possibly or #1 if everything goes right. Thanks a lot for the update!

Ps: How is he doing on the draws this year? If I remember correctly that was something he had trouble with last year.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:18 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan2Holland View Post
Just saw this tweet from @KatieStrangESPN

"#Isles Nino Niederreiter's camp is seeking a trade from the Islanders, a source tells ESPNNY. Unhappy with current situation"

If true, I'd hope Holland would be all over that. I seem to remember him and Jim Nill being pretty high on Nino a couple years back. Considering the strengths of our prospect pool right now, I'd love to see the wings trade for him.

Tatar + Kindl + a pick ? Would that be enough??
I think they would want Nyquist or Smith for him and rightfully so. He still has top line potential and is tearing up the AHL right now, I think it would take something more than what you offered but I'm not sure how much more. The fact that he is under team control for 6 more years is a big thing as well.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:23 PM
shultzyfeelinirie20

id do nyquist and a 2nd for nino

Old
01-22-2013, 03:25 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Sweet, I really like the sounds of how he is progressing then, I really feel like he could be our long term #2 center, or possibly or #1 if everything goes right. Thanks a lot for the update!

Ps: How is he doing on the draws this year? If I remember correctly that was something he had trouble with last year.
Right around 50%. 257 won, 256 lost.

Funny enough Håkan Andersson is on a Swedish hockey talk show tonight. Said he sees the same player today as he saw when he drafted him, but bigger and stronger. Thought he probably could've scored even more with the right bounces. He praised Calle's work ethics mostly, said he's working as hard off as he does on the ice. On the contrary, he said Dick Axelsson absolutely wasn't putting in the hard work needed to make the NHL and still isn't. He was brutally honest with that one.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:00 PM
Henkka

Quote:
Right around 50%. 257 won, 256 lost.
I checked those like month ago, and then we has clearly under 50. So he's going upwards at faceoffs.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:02 PM
Jussi
Hey everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Pulkkinen was also the first star despite not scoring points in the game. Here's his second and game winning shootout goal at 1:48:

Järnkrok didn't get points but played 24:07 and was ~64% on faceoffs.
This video filmed by a fan, has the whole shootout:

Old
01-23-2013, 04:38 AM
Yabob

Bäckman just signed a 1 year extension with Linköping. He feels like he could use one more year in Sweden. It's speculated that the Red Wings feel the same.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:30 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabob View Post
Bäckman just signed a 1 year extension with Linköping. He feels like he could use one more year in Sweden. It's speculated that the Red Wings feel the same.
I'm not surprised. With the amount of d-prospects in next year's Grand Rapids roster and his big role with Linköping, this is really the only logical decision.

I wonder if the new 4 year rule for signing European draft picks is only in place for future draft picks or also the unsigned ones such as Bäckman?

Old
01-23-2013, 05:57 AM
zecke26

Quote:
I'm not surprised. With the amount of d-prospects in next year's Grand Rapids roster and his big role with Linköping, this is really the only logical decision.

I wonder if the new 4 year rule for signing European draft picks is only in place for future draft picks or also the unsigned ones such as Bäckman?
only for future draftees i'd say. when it was changed the last time, it didn't affect old draftees.

and yes, it's pretty good news he re-signed for another year. he's not only developing into a key player in linkoping, i think he also will take a big role on national team soon.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:47 AM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabob View Post
Awesome. Hopefully the plan is for him to go directly from the SEL to Detroit.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:37 PM
ricky0034

Quote:

with Ouellet,Sproul,Jensen,maybe Marchenko,maybe Nedomlel next years gonna be a make or break year for a few guys like Almquist and Lashoff before Backman and Marchenko if he doesn't come over next year come over

Grand Rapids is gonna get real crowded real fast on D

Old
01-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Jurky
Rotting in purgatory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
with Ouellet,Sproul,Jensen,maybe Marchenko,maybe Nedomlel next years gonna be a make or break year for a few guys like Almquist and Lashoff before Backman and Marchenko if he doesn't come over next year come over

Grand Rapids is gonna get real crowded real fast on D
Still a possibility of signing Dekeyser as well

Old
01-23-2013, 02:53 PM
ricky0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimuspaul View Post
true,completely forgot about him

so many names

Old
01-23-2013, 02:54 PM
newfy

Quote:
Probably will see Ouellet and possibly Dekeyser in the NHL sooner then later which will open some space for sure

Old
01-23-2013, 02:59 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
How quickly things change. I remember the prevailing opinion last season was that there wouldn't be an immediate NHL spot for Dekeyser, and so he would sign somewhere else instead.

It sure seems like there could be a spot for him now.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:03 PM
ricky0034

it's too bad that 2011 draft wasn't a couple years earlier really

would be in much better shape on D right now with them ready and Ouellet and probably one of Sproul/Backman/Marchenko getting real chances to show what they have in the NHL with these injuries

Old
01-23-2013, 03:29 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
it's too bad that 2011 draft wasn't a couple years earlier really

would be in much better shape on D right now with them ready and Ouellet and probably one of Sproul/Backman/Marchenko getting real chances to show what they have in the NHL with these injuries
Even if it was just the 2010 draft we would most certainly be seeing Oullet right now, maybe even Sproul.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Henkka

Quote:

Basicly the old system was same, like they signed him after two years and send back to Sweden and that 3rd year you have his rights doesn't burn that 1st year from the ELC.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:32 PM
PensFreak

What do you guys think about Jurco having a rough year in the AHL? I've got him in a sim hockey league, and I have been considering moving him

Old
01-23-2013, 05:42 PM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFreak View Post
What do you guys think about Jurco having a rough year in the AHL? I've got him in a sim hockey league, and I have been considering moving him
Too early to make any conclusions. Depends of the price what you are getting. I would be patient with him.

Trade market is like a stock market. Sell, when the value is high and buy when the value is low. So it not a good time for you to sell him, the buyer wins.

Closed Thread