HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 03:39 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Ouellet -1 in a 2-4 loss.
Hudon with nothing.

Monday stats.
AA2 was -1.
Quine +1.
Nedolmel with nothing.
Paterson 31/33.

Old
02-20-2013, 04:11 AM
ChadS

vCash: 500
Marchenko and CSKA begin their playoff run today. They were 2nd in the West and will play 7th seed Lev Praha. The first four game dates are the 20th, 21st, 24th and 25th of February.

Pulkkinen playing today as well, they have 7 games left in the regular season and lead the league with an 8 point cushion (2 more games played though).

Old
02-20-2013, 04:47 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Why are Ouellets numbers way down this season? I sure hope this means his defensive game has improved, then I can live with less pts.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:27 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Why are Ouellets numbers way down this season? I sure hope this means his defensive game has improved, then I can live with less pts.
Uhm, he has 36p in 40 games compared to 60p in 63 games. His team has allowed the 2nd fewest goals in the league.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:34 AM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Did mindfly just say Ouellet's numbers are way down from last year when he's scoring at nearly the same pace (0.05 PPG difference) than last year?

Last edited by joe89: 02-20-2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: no need to bait
Old
02-20-2013, 06:53 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Uhm, he has 36p in 40 games compared to 60p in 63 games. His team has allowed the 2nd fewest goals in the league.
I meant goals, not points, my bad. 21 goals in 63 (0.33 GPG / 1 goal every 3rd game) compared to 9 in 39 (0.23 GPG / slightly less than one goal every 4th game)

Old
02-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Henkka

I remember I saw some article, that Samuel Carrier (wasn't on the team at last season) is the leading PP pointman for Armada at this season.

So Blainville's PP has changed kind of like what it was at Nashville with Suter and Weber. Suter (like Ouellet) is more the setup-man there and Carrier takes the shots (like Weber) (with his booming right-handed shot) and that leads to more goals for Carrier, and mainly assists for Ouellet.

Someday, same will happen when we put Xavier Ouellet together with Ryan Sproul. And that will be even more devastating, I'll quarantee it.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:40 PM
ChadS

Latest RWC article, Ferraro+others: http://www.redwingscentral.com/2013/...-nhl-prospect/

Interesting part:
Forward Rasmus Bodin, the Red Wings’ final-round sleeper pick last June, is back at Sweden’s third level with Tranas. He’s battled knee and back injuries and had some “adaptation issues” with HV-71 at the J-20 SuperElit level, according to Red Wings director of European scouting Hakan Andersson. “He’s struggling,” Andersson said. “There’s no other way to put it. But he’s got one more year to show something.”

Old
02-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Latest RWC article, Ferraro+others: http://www.redwingscentral.com/2013/...-nhl-prospect/

Interesting part:
Forward Rasmus Bodin, the Red Wings’ final-round sleeper pick last June, is back at Sweden’s third level with Tranas. He’s battled knee and back injuries and had some “adaptation issues” with HV-71 at the J-20 SuperElit level, according to Red Wings director of European scouting Hakan Andersson. “He’s struggling,” Andersson said. “There’s no other way to put it. But he’s got one more year to show something.”
Yeah, I saw that and was coming here to post the latest RWC article. I'm really impressed with how Ferraro has developed. We're going to have really good depth going forward. Within a year or two we are going to have like 8 guys from GR on the roster in Detroit.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:12 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Wonder if Bodin will be switched to D next year?

Old
02-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

I thought Ferraro was already a prospect. This is clearly a deep and nuanced analysis by Blashill.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:38 PM
ChadS

No points for Pulkkinen and Marchenko, they both won though. Pulkkinen had 12:47 icetime, 2 shots and 2 PIM, Marchenko only 4:49 icetime and 1 shot as their 8th D.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:35 PM
WesNichols14

Frk, 3G 1A, +5, 4 Shots, 3 Hits, 1st star, in 8-3 Win
Quine, 2G 1A, +2, 1st Star ,in 8-5 Win
Ouellet, nothing, in a 6-2 Win, is he hurt or something

Old
02-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnichols14 View Post
Wow, impressive games for Frk and Quine.

Old
02-20-2013, 08:48 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Ouellet's ankle might be bothering him more then we thought. I hurt my ankle 2 years ago and I didn't let it heal right and it still bothers me today, you have to think that Ouellet would still be sitting if he's still hurting. It might just be he isn't in a great position to put up an excessive amount of points as his game is tailored more towards the defensive end then the offensive.

Old
02-20-2013, 09:32 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
The sad thing is... I wonder how much of Frk's production has been Drouin+MacKinnon and not just Frk...

Old
02-20-2013, 09:46 PM
JimLaheyprobert

does anyone know what happened to Teemu Pulkinen this year, i realized he has picked it up a bit, but his numbers are way down to his rookie year. Is the league just to easy for him and he is now not trying? did he lose interest? or is he just straight up struggling?

Old
02-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Jussi
Hey everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
does anyone know what happened to Teemu Pulkinen this year, i realized he has picked it up a bit, but his numbers are way down to his rookie year. Is the league just to easy for him and he is now not trying? did he lose interest? or is he just straight up struggling?
Look up previous posts from this thread.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:14 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
Actually has been boarderline outstanding during the second half the season. The lockout pushed him down the lines and his slump continued. His linemates have been awful for most the season and it sounds like Jokerit has trouble offensively and with health. But he has turned it back on, he is more a playmaker than the goal scorer everyone loves even with that big shot. I think the massive weight gain he had going into last year really hurt his game. He has dropped the pounds to play smaller and looks more comfortable. His bad skating is a little better the couple times I have seen him. It remains to be seen what he will be on this side of the pond, but he is getting some of his mojo back.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:56 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
The sad thing is... I wonder how much of Frk's production has been Drouin+MacKinnon and not just Frk...
Well MacKinnon is out at the moment but he is playing with Drouin, who assisted on two of those goals (all three even strength). Obviously his stats look much better than what they would without those two and it makes it quite hard to evaluate his production. But his 1.52 PPG is quite good for someone 3rd in his team scoring, regardless of who he's playing with.

Quine had three goals by the way.

Old
02-21-2013, 06:28 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Actually has been boarderline outstanding during the second half the season. The lockout pushed him down the lines and his slump continued. His linemates have been awful for most the season and it sounds like Jokerit has trouble offensively and with health. But he has turned it back on, he is more a playmaker than the goal scorer everyone loves even with that big shot. I think the massive weight gain he had going into last year really hurt his game. He has dropped the pounds to play smaller and looks more comfortable. His bad skating is a little better the couple times I have seen him. It remains to be seen what he will be on this side of the pond, but he is getting some of his mojo back.
When I count his shots/ice-time, he is shooting most per icetime of this current season of his last three seasons. He is just not getting those easy assists from power-play, like he did two seasons ago. Then he also scored 10 of his 18 goals on PP, now he has 3 PP goals of 13 goals total so far this season, because he has not been on the 1st PP that much.

Only that matters in my mind, is his shooting and scoring. Assists can be so misleading and those 2010-11 stats were inflated by those assists. People are comparing his production all the time to that season, and wondering why is he doing worse now, even though in reality he is doing better.

Pulu is more complete player now, stronger, faster, better defensively, and shooting more than ever. Can't wait to see him at Grand rapids.

Last edited by Henkka: 02-21-2013 at 06:36 AM.
Old
02-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Rzombo4 prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
But that just puts him in a no win situation. If he doesn't produce with those two on his line, people would be ragging on the fact that he can't produce with good players. Now that he is producing, people are attributing all of his production to Drouin and MacKinnon. I think a certain amount of skepticism is appropriate, but he still deserves some recognition for producing like he should given the circumstances.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:49 PM
joe89

Jarnkrok -3. Team lost 1-9. They are garbage but holding the last playoff spot still, only five games left.
Backman, 21:02 TOI. Team won 1-0.

Old
02-21-2013, 04:19 PM
griffs

If they miss the playoffs any chance Detroit brings Jarnkrok over to practice with the Griffins for the end of year like they did with Andersson years ago.

Old
02-21-2013, 04:28 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffs View Post
If they miss the playoffs any chance Detroit brings Jarnkrok over to practice with the Griffins for the end of year like they did with Andersson years ago.
I would hope so, seems to be some debate on that though. There is also the fact Jarnkrok through missing the last couple EHTs over there is carrying some kind of injury for most of the season and might need rest.

I would assume he is a natural selection for the World Championships so it is an interesting debate. With as good as the Griffins are, I would hope he would come over here and help the playoff run while adjusting to the North American ice.

Who knows if he tears it up right away he could even finish the year with the Wings assuming they make the playoffs. Zetterberg, Kronwall and Ericsson all said really nice things about him at the World Championships and didn't think he was far off. I think he has played better this year especially with like I said the injury I believe he is carrying, but his team is flatout awful since around American thanksgiving.

Closed Thread