HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 09:46 PM
JimLaheyprobert

vCash: 500
does anyone know what happened to Teemu Pulkinen this year, i realized he has picked it up a bit, but his numbers are way down to his rookie year. Is the league just to easy for him and he is now not trying? did he lose interest? or is he just straight up struggling?

Old
02-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
does anyone know what happened to Teemu Pulkinen this year, i realized he has picked it up a bit, but his numbers are way down to his rookie year. Is the league just to easy for him and he is now not trying? did he lose interest? or is he just straight up struggling?
Look up previous posts from this thread.

Old
02-20-2013, 10:14 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
Actually has been boarderline outstanding during the second half the season. The lockout pushed him down the lines and his slump continued. His linemates have been awful for most the season and it sounds like Jokerit has trouble offensively and with health. But he has turned it back on, he is more a playmaker than the goal scorer everyone loves even with that big shot. I think the massive weight gain he had going into last year really hurt his game. He has dropped the pounds to play smaller and looks more comfortable. His bad skating is a little better the couple times I have seen him. It remains to be seen what he will be on this side of the pond, but he is getting some of his mojo back.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:56 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
The sad thing is... I wonder how much of Frk's production has been Drouin+MacKinnon and not just Frk...
Well MacKinnon is out at the moment but he is playing with Drouin, who assisted on two of those goals (all three even strength). Obviously his stats look much better than what they would without those two and it makes it quite hard to evaluate his production. But his 1.52 PPG is quite good for someone 3rd in his team scoring, regardless of who he's playing with.

Quine had three goals by the way.

Old
02-21-2013, 06:28 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Actually has been boarderline outstanding during the second half the season. The lockout pushed him down the lines and his slump continued. His linemates have been awful for most the season and it sounds like Jokerit has trouble offensively and with health. But he has turned it back on, he is more a playmaker than the goal scorer everyone loves even with that big shot. I think the massive weight gain he had going into last year really hurt his game. He has dropped the pounds to play smaller and looks more comfortable. His bad skating is a little better the couple times I have seen him. It remains to be seen what he will be on this side of the pond, but he is getting some of his mojo back.
When I count his shots/ice-time, he is shooting most per icetime of this current season of his last three seasons. He is just not getting those easy assists from power-play, like he did two seasons ago. Then he also scored 10 of his 18 goals on PP, now he has 3 PP goals of 13 goals total so far this season, because he has not been on the 1st PP that much.

Only that matters in my mind, is his shooting and scoring. Assists can be so misleading and those 2010-11 stats were inflated by those assists. People are comparing his production all the time to that season, and wondering why is he doing worse now, even though in reality he is doing better.

Pulu is more complete player now, stronger, faster, better defensively, and shooting more than ever. Can't wait to see him at Grand rapids.

Last edited by Henkka: 02-21-2013 at 06:36 AM.
Old
02-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Rzombo4 prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
The sad thing is... I wonder how much of Frk's production has been Drouin+MacKinnon and not just Frk...
But that just puts him in a no win situation. If he doesn't produce with those two on his line, people would be ragging on the fact that he can't produce with good players. Now that he is producing, people are attributing all of his production to Drouin and MacKinnon. I think a certain amount of skepticism is appropriate, but he still deserves some recognition for producing like he should given the circumstances.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:49 PM
joe89

Jarnkrok -3. Team lost 1-9. They are garbage but holding the last playoff spot still, only five games left.
Backman, 21:02 TOI. Team won 1-0.

Old
02-21-2013, 04:19 PM
griffs

If they miss the playoffs any chance Detroit brings Jarnkrok over to practice with the Griffins for the end of year like they did with Andersson years ago.

Old
02-21-2013, 04:28 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffs View Post
If they miss the playoffs any chance Detroit brings Jarnkrok over to practice with the Griffins for the end of year like they did with Andersson years ago.
I would hope so, seems to be some debate on that though. There is also the fact Jarnkrok through missing the last couple EHTs over there is carrying some kind of injury for most of the season and might need rest.

I would assume he is a natural selection for the World Championships so it is an interesting debate. With as good as the Griffins are, I would hope he would come over here and help the playoff run while adjusting to the North American ice.

Who knows if he tears it up right away he could even finish the year with the Wings assuming they make the playoffs. Zetterberg, Kronwall and Ericsson all said really nice things about him at the World Championships and didn't think he was far off. I think he has played better this year especially with like I said the injury I believe he is carrying, but his team is flatout awful since around American thanksgiving.

Old
02-21-2013, 09:58 PM
fetalposition

sproul with a goal and assist tonight, now at 40-19-41-60. the 19 goals is first in the entire CHL while the 60 points is third, with the 2 ahead of him having played 20 or so more games. Interesting note I saw in Quine, since he was traded he has gone 17-9-21-30 pretty inpressive.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:16 AM
InjuredChoker

AA2 was -1 in a 2-3 loss.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarywingfan View Post
sproul with a goal and assist tonight, now at 40-19-41-60. the 19 goals is first in the entire CHL while the 60 points is third, with the 2 ahead of him having played 20 or so more games. Interesting note I saw in Quine, since he was traded he has gone 17-9-21-30 pretty inpressive.
I'm so glad all indications are that Sproul will be able to play in GR after the conclusion of his season. I think that could be a huge springboard for his development.

Old
02-22-2013, 12:58 PM
InjuredChoker

Brock on Athanasiou.

Quote:
7. Andreas Athanasiou - Barrie Colts
The jump in numbers hasn't been as great for Athanasiou this year, when compared to some of the other guys on this list (or not even on it for that matter). But if you have watched him play this year, you'd know that AA has become a much better and different player than he was in London. The trade to Barrie has helped him grow as a player. He's become a much more consistent player, and someone willing to pay the price to make a play. He's become more active without the puck and is using his teammates more than he ever did in London. His 8 game winning goals is second to only Reid Boucher (9) in the league. He's been absolutely clutch for Barrie this year and he deserves props for the improvements he's made.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Nice, thanks for posting.

Old
02-22-2013, 02:38 PM
ChadS

One assist, a +1, 7 shots (6 SOG) in 13:53 minutes of icetime for Pulkkinen tonight as Jokerit won 2-1, even though they outshot the league last Ilves team 40-15. They've had difficulties scoring basically since Karlsson left. Pulkkinen has been setting up a lot of chances for his buddies though...

Interesting fact on his stats this season:
- First 22 games - 3 goals + 3 assists = 6 points, avg icetime 13:27, 3,86 shots per game
- 32 games since - 10 goals + 17 assists = 27 points, avg icetime 15:19, 4,88 shots per game

A 0,84 PPG on 2nd line & 2nd PP icetime during those last 32 games is quite good.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:56 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Why only 13 minutes?

Old
02-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Why only 13 minutes?
Jokerit has back-to-back games today and tomorrow, so I think they used the roster quite evenly against the league-weakest Ilves team.

Pulkkinen's season average is 14:33, so it wasn't that big difference. Deep team minutes for a middle6 forward.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:15 PM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Why only 13 minutes?
No PK, 2nd line(max) and 2nd PP-unit.

To be honest, he has probably been their top-2 most consistent offensive player for the last 20-30 games, so he should be getting more icetime. On the 1st PP they use Filppula and Moses who are clearly top end players but are going through a tough time right now, and Teräväinen who has been very good lately.

Old
02-22-2013, 06:15 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Sproul is in the top ten in point per game average in the entire OHL. 1.5 PPGA.

Quine has now gone from a -14 to a plus 4 on the season in just 17 games. His current scoring rate with the new team would put him top 5 in PPGA, overall he places in the top 20.

Because they missed some time they might not appear as far up the list as they should. But these two are flat out dominating the OHL for well over a month plus. Sproul has the entire year when he has been in uniform.

Murphy is getting two things that should have happened for Sproul at this point and time. A place on the Team Canada WJC roster as the primary PP QB and a call up to an injury depleted blue line in the NHL.

Old
02-22-2013, 06:50 PM
bloggerfanthe*

Huge number of #RedWings staff in London tonight for the @GoLondonKnights vs @OHLHoundPower

https://twitter.com/MarkEdwardsHP

Old
02-22-2013, 07:03 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7venbarschi View Post
Huge number of #RedWings staff in London tonight for the @GoLondonKnights vs @OHLHoundPower

https://twitter.com/MarkEdwardsHP
I guess it's to be able to see Domi, Horvat, Zardov, Nurse in action & to check in on Sproul. Really happy with his development so far, if he can keep the offense going into next year with the Griffins he'll be our #1 prospect.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:41 PM
ProPAIN
Be realgud!

If anything it's to have a look at Sproul. To see if he can make the jump to the big leagues.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:53 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
If anything it's to have a look at Sproul. To see if he can make the jump to the big leagues.
Quincey didn't sound that hurt, but the Knights have a lot of firepower, this would be a good game to try and gauge his defensive ability if you're going to pick one. Also a good game to scout Zadorov and Nurse who would be big potential targets if we keep sucking and draft where we would right about now.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:50 PM
The Nose
#BlameTheKids

I really like Nurse as a mid-first pick. He's kind of a poor man's Seth Jones. Very big and talented but pretty raw.

Really excited about Pulkkinen. From what I've heard he's become a more complete player and improved his skating which should help him tremendously in NA. If he's going to be successful though he's gonna have to be able to locate the soft spots in the defense, so he can use his shot. How good of a stick handler is he? Does he normally play off the puck?

Old
02-22-2013, 08:54 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
I really like Nurse as a mid-first pick. He's kind of a poor man's Seth Jones. Very big and talented but pretty raw
I would be surprised if he is still there after the Top 10, his stock continues to rise from everything I read.

Closed Thread