HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2013, 12:28 PM
  #876
Jussi
Hey everyone
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The lunatic fridge
Country: Finland
Posts: 55,382
vCash: 500
Jokerit HIFK 1-0 at the the old arena after the SO, so no points for Pulkkinen. He almost scored in the shootout, after a fake slapper, some dangles a one handed Forsberg move but the puck hit the post. Steve Moses got badly injured during(possibly broken collarbone) the game so Pulkkinen might get moved to alongside Filppula or not.

Jussi is online now  
Old
02-23-2013, 12:51 PM
  #877
icing
Registered User
 
icing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Jarnkrok, 1A, +1. Team lost 1-2 in OT despite outshooting opponent 52-24.
Backman, 2A, +2, 6 SOG. Team won 4-3 in SO.
Great game from Bäckman today. Awsome. I really hope Detroit has patience and let him stick around another year in Sweden.

icing is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 01:18 PM
  #878
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icing View Post
Great game from Bäckman today. Awsome. I really hope Detroit has patience and let him stick around another year in Sweden.
He signed a 1 year extension with his team in Sweden so unless he comes over & blows everyone away at training camp he'll be staying in Sweden for the 13-14 season.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 01:20 PM
  #879
Henkka
Registered User
 
Henkka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lempäälä, Finland
Posts: 12,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icing View Post
Great game from Bäckman today. Awsome. I really hope Detroit has patience and let him stick around another year in Sweden.
I remember that's how it has been planned already.

Henkka is online now  
Old
02-23-2013, 01:21 PM
  #880
Rzombo4 prez
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vujtek View Post
I've browsed through this thread but there's not a whole lot of talk about Nick Jensen going on. Where does he fit in your D-men depth charts with the likes of Brendan Smith, Ryan Sproul, Xavier Oullet, Mattias Backman, Adam Almquist and the possible signing of Dan DeKeyser? Is Jensen someone with a future as an NHL'er in your organisation? He was recently ranked as your #20 prospect but is he really that far down in your depth charts?
I am very bullish on Jensen as a prospect even though we have a lot of good defensemen heading to GR next season. He is an awesome skater and has developed well physically over the last couple of years. I think he will surprise a lot of people. I would love Dekeyser but I think he will sign with another organization that will give him a quicker road to the NHL.

Rzombo4 prez is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 04:06 PM
  #881
GoAwayDanCleary
DRW Country Club
 
GoAwayDanCleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 10,502
vCash: 500
Just so you guys know, a former coach of Ryan Sproul who is now a scout (pretty sure its legit) gave a nice insiders insight about Sproul. Its in the Ryan Sproul thread on the Prospects board. Its pretty interesting, he's known the kid since before the OHL and still talks to him today. Seems to be very high on him.

GoAwayDanCleary is online now  
Old
02-23-2013, 04:18 PM
  #882
Vatican Roulette
Baile de Los Locos
 
Vatican Roulette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gorillaz-EPWRID
Country: United States
Posts: 12,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzombo4 prez View Post
I am very bullish on Jensen as a prospect even though we have a lot of good defensemen heading to GR next season. He is an awesome skater and has developed well physically over the last couple of years. I think he will surprise a lot of people. I would love Dekeyser but I think he will sign with another organization that will give him a quicker road to the NHL.
Personally, I think he'd make the Wings from what I've seen of him...and the Wings defense. Two years ago he would've had trouble, but not now.

Vatican Roulette is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 04:36 PM
  #883
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 11,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by icing View Post
Great game from Bäckman today. Awsome. I really hope Detroit has patience and let him stick around another year in Sweden.
Yes, he is expected to spend one more season in Sweden. Hopefully his budding offensive skills develop even further. I think he's got a great shot at making the Red Wings for the 2014-15 season. His game is coming along quite nicely in a very strong hockey league.

Run the Jewels is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 04:39 PM
  #884
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 11,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vujtek View Post
I've browsed through this thread but there's not a whole lot of talk about Nick Jensen going on. Where does he fit in your D-men depth charts with the likes of Brendan Smith, Ryan Sproul, Xavier Oullet, Mattias Backman, Adam Almquist and the possible signing of Dan DeKeyser? Is Jensen someone with a future as an NHL'er in your organisation? He was recently ranked as your #20 prospect but is he really that far down in your depth charts?
I'd personally put him right behind Ouellet, Sproul and Backman. I think he'll start off in Grand Rapids and I like what he brings from an offensive skills perspective. Right now we are quite thin as an organization when it comes to offensive defensemen. Sproul is head and shoulders above every other prospect, Jensen demonstrates some solid offensive talent, and Backman is starting to be a consistent point producer.

Depending on how Smith and Ouellet produce Jensen may have a fairly straight-forward path to one of Detroit's power play units in a year or two.

Run the Jewels is offline  
Old
02-23-2013, 05:02 PM
  #885
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Just so you guys know, a former coach of Ryan Sproul who is now a scout (pretty sure its legit) gave a nice insiders insight about Sproul. Its in the Ryan Sproul thread on the Prospects board. Its pretty interesting, he's known the kid since before the OHL and still talks to him today. Seems to be very high on him.
This was a great text, and it's 100% legit.

Here's the link for anyone interested: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...9&postcount=90

ChadS is online now  
Old
02-23-2013, 05:28 PM
  #886
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 11,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Just so you guys know, a former coach of Ryan Sproul who is now a scout (pretty sure its legit) gave a nice insiders insight about Sproul. Its in the Ryan Sproul thread on the Prospects board. Its pretty interesting, he's known the kid since before the OHL and still talks to him today. Seems to be very high on him.
Thanks for the heads up. Definitely worth checking out.

Run the Jewels is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 08:26 AM
  #887
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 29,287
vCash: 925
Hudon 1a +1
Quine 1a +1 against his old team.
AA2 with nothing.
Paterson had an off day. Saginaw lost 6-2.
Nedolmel -1.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 10:01 AM
  #888
ricky0034
Registered User
 
ricky0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Personally, I think he'd make the Wings from what I've seen of him...and the Wings defense. Two years ago he would've had trouble, but not now.
if Babcock's this high on Lashoff imagine how high he'd be on Dekeyser

he'd probably get tons of ice time if the Wings signed him and had him on the roster

ricky0034 is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:08 PM
  #889
Lark Ness Monster
D-Boss
 
Lark Ness Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,275
vCash: 2000
Martin Frk is on fire right now! And it's not as if he's raking in points inconsistently, here are his stats by game. He has 16 points in 10 games in February and has 2G and 2A right now playing with Drouin and McAulay (with McKinnon out). He has finish and his concussion woes are behind him. In short, he's doing great and looks to be an exciting prospect.

Lark Ness Monster is online now  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:12 PM
  #890
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
Martin Frk is on fire right now! And it's not as if he's raking in points inconsistently, here are his stats by game. He has 16 points in 10 games in February and has 2G and 2A right now playing with Drouin and McAulay (with McKinnon out). He has finish and his concussion woes are behind him. In short, he's doing great and looks to be an exciting prospect.
I won't get excited about him until he fix his skating, both acceleration and speed.

mindfly is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:42 PM
  #891
Lark Ness Monster
D-Boss
 
Lark Ness Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,275
vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
I won't get excited about him until he fix his skating, both acceleration and speed.
Is there someone you're excited about?

Lark Ness Monster is online now  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:48 PM
  #892
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 29,287
vCash: 925
Halifax beat Acadie-Bathurst 11-3 and Frk finished with 2+2.. but -2. Was on ice for every GA.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 03:01 PM
  #893
Konnan511
#FreePulu
 
Konnan511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Traverse City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,940
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Konnan511
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Halifax beat Acadie-Bathurst 11-3 and Frk finished with 2+2.. but -2. Was on ice for every GA.
Shades of Lebda.

Konnan511 is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 03:23 PM
  #894
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
Is there someone you're excited about?
Ouellet, Sproul, Järnkrok, Marchenko

mindfly is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 09:02 PM
  #895
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Halifax beat Acadie-Bathurst 11-3 and Frk finished with 2+2.. but -2. Was on ice for every GA.
Lol, yeah .. but at least he's +27.

He's been on a tear since November really ... 17 goals and 16 assists since coming back from the world juniors, and had two typical Marty goals today, using his bomb from the slot ... I don't believe goalies see it, they guess lol, haven't seen a shot like that come through the Q in my life.

His skating has also improved. He didn't have much time to work on it/get it back to what it was with his concussion in 2011 ... But his strides are more "powerful" compared to his rookie season ... Not great, but he's getting better and it's not a glaring issue like it was previously ...IMO.

But he also had a hat-trick on Wednesday, so all is good.


Last edited by RJQuack: 02-24-2013 at 09:09 PM.
RJQuack is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 10:59 PM
  #896
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable
 
Guru Meditation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 11,247
vCash: 500
It'll be interesting to compare Frk and Pulkkinen. They seem so similar. Who will be the better of the poor skating wingers with rocket shots? Frk appears to bring a nasty/dirty element whereas Pulkkinen has some quality playmaking ability.

Guru Meditation is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 11:07 PM
  #897
Jurky
Rotting in purgatory
 
Jurky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,109
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
It'll be interesting to compare Frk and Pulkkinen. They seem so similar. Who will be the better of the poor skating wingers with rocket shots? Frk appears to bring a nasty/dirty element whereas Pulkkinen has some quality playmaking ability.
It'll be a very interesting story line to watch in GR next year.

Jurky is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 01:49 AM
  #898
Anchor Town*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
It'll be interesting to compare Frk and Pulkkinen. They seem so similar. Who will be the better of the poor skating wingers with rocket shots? Frk appears to bring a nasty/dirty element whereas Pulkkinen has some quality playmaking ability.
Well Frk's shot is much better than Pulkkinen's for starters and Pulkkinen is a much better playmaker. The only real similarities are poor skating wingers with injury concerns

Anchor Town* is offline  
Old
02-25-2013, 02:49 AM
  #899
Claypool
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,923
vCash: 500
What's the latest on Alexei Marchenko anyway? Is he still hurt? Has he been playing?

Claypool is online now  
Old
02-25-2013, 03:24 AM
  #900
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 13,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Lol, yeah .. but at least he's +27.

He's been on a tear since November really ... 17 goals and 16 assists since coming back from the world juniors, and had two typical Marty goals today, using his bomb from the slot ... I don't believe goalies see it, they guess lol, haven't seen a shot like that come through the Q in my life.

His skating has also improved. He didn't have much time to work on it/get it back to what it was with his concussion in 2011 ... But his strides are more "powerful" compared to his rookie season ... Not great, but he's getting better and it's not a glaring issue like it was previously ...IMO.

But he also had a hat-trick on Wednesday, so all is good.
Thanks! Very informative post. It's nice to get accounts from people who actually watch the prospects instead of just guessing based on stats, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
It'll be interesting to compare Frk and Pulkkinen. They seem so similar. Who will be the better of the poor skating wingers with rocket shots? Frk appears to bring a nasty/dirty element whereas Pulkkinen has some quality playmaking ability.
Frk definitely plays a more physical game. I want to see more games before judging his skating though. Don't get to watch a lot of junior hockey (playoffs from time to time).

Pulkkinen's skating wasn't that awful when I last saw him. And he was better than Hudler in that respect. If Hudler can make it in the NHL...

ProPAIN is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.