HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 10:12 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Nedomlel - 1 assist +/- 0
Ouellet - 0 points -2 2PIM
Hudon - nothing +/- 0
Frk - nothing +/-0
Athanasiou - 2 Goals, 1 Assist -1
Sproul - 1 assist +1
Paterson - Win, 45/48 saves (6-3) his team was outshot 48 to 25

Old
02-23-2013, 03:36 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
I really like Nurse as a mid-first pick. He's kind of a poor man's Seth Jones. Very big and talented but pretty raw.

Really excited about Pulkkinen. From what I've heard he's become a more complete player and improved his skating which should help him tremendously in NA. If he's going to be successful though he's gonna have to be able to locate the soft spots in the defense, so he can use his shot. How good of a stick handler is he? Does he normally play off the puck?
Average and his D has improved this year, he's no liability there but he will never contend for Selke. Keeps his legs moving and tries hard, most of the time.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:15 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Average and his D has improved this year, he's no liability there but he will never contend for Selke. Keeps his legs moving and tries hard, most of the time.
He moves well along the boards with the puck and often uses his passing skills & vision to find open teammates.

Jensen 0+1, +2
Marshall 0+1, +2, 2 PIM
McKee 1+1, +2
De Haas 0+0
Coetzee 1+2 & 2nd star with Toledo

Old
02-23-2013, 07:36 AM
Vujtek

I've browsed through this thread but there's not a whole lot of talk about Nick Jensen going on. Where does he fit in your D-men depth charts with the likes of Brendan Smith, Ryan Sproul, Xavier Oullet, Mattias Backman, Adam Almquist and the possible signing of Dan DeKeyser? Is Jensen someone with a future as an NHL'er in your organisation? He was recently ranked as your #20 prospect but is he really that far down in your depth charts?

Old
02-23-2013, 08:49 AM
InjuredChoker

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....-the-ccha-wcha

Anything interesting there?

Old
02-23-2013, 08:53 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vujtek View Post
I've browsed through this thread but there's not a whole lot of talk about Nick Jensen going on. Where does he fit in your D-men depth charts with the likes of Brendan Smith, Ryan Sproul, Xavier Oullet, Mattias Backman, Adam Almquist and the possible signing of Dan DeKeyser? Is Jensen someone with a future as an NHL'er in your organisation? He was recently ranked as your #20 prospect but is he really that far down in your depth charts?
I'd say he's ahead of Almqvist but behind Marchenko. I don't see NHL future with Almqvist.

Jensen has chance, the thing is not many have seen him play so that much so that has caused him to drop in rankings, whether deserved or not. He may be coming to play in AHL next year. Not much can be said before that.

He does have RH shot which increases his status given our current lack of them.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
I'll put it this way.

Left-handed D-rank:

-. Smith
1. Ouellet
2. Bäckman
3. Lashoff
4. Almqvist
5. Nedomlel
6. McKee
7. DeHaas
8. Fournier
9. Marshall

Right-handed D-rank:

1. Sproul
2. Marchenko
3. Jensen
4. Nicastro

I really hope that three of those right-handed guys would pan out. We don't need any more than that for a team.

Sproul would be the offensive leader, 2nd option defensively. Nicastro 1st option defensively and Marchenko or Jensen kind of a hybrid guy between them. Not very probable that all of them will come through, but you always can hope.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:50 AM
joe89

Jarnkrok, 1A, +1. Team lost 1-2 in OT despite outshooting opponent 52-24.
Backman, 2A, +2, 6 SOG. Team won 4-3 in SO.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:54 AM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
Well he might be the best skater we have in the prospect pool, competing with Athanasiou. I don't know much about him but he should be in GR next year.

Old
02-23-2013, 12:28 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Jokerit HIFK 1-0 at the the old arena after the SO, so no points for Pulkkinen. He almost scored in the shootout, after a fake slapper, some dangles a one handed Forsberg move but the puck hit the post. Steve Moses got badly injured during(possibly broken collarbone) the game so Pulkkinen might get moved to alongside Filppula or not.

Old
02-23-2013, 12:51 PM
icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Jarnkrok, 1A, +1. Team lost 1-2 in OT despite outshooting opponent 52-24.
Backman, 2A, +2, 6 SOG. Team won 4-3 in SO.
Great game from Bäckman today. Awsome. I really hope Detroit has patience and let him stick around another year in Sweden.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:18 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by icing View Post
Great game from Bäckman today. Awsome. I really hope Detroit has patience and let him stick around another year in Sweden.
He signed a 1 year extension with his team in Sweden so unless he comes over & blows everyone away at training camp he'll be staying in Sweden for the 13-14 season.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
I remember that's how it has been planned already.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:21 PM
Rzombo4 prez

Quote:
I am very bullish on Jensen as a prospect even though we have a lot of good defensemen heading to GR next season. He is an awesome skater and has developed well physically over the last couple of years. I think he will surprise a lot of people. I would love Dekeyser but I think he will sign with another organization that will give him a quicker road to the NHL.

Old
02-23-2013, 04:06 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Just so you guys know, a former coach of Ryan Sproul who is now a scout (pretty sure its legit) gave a nice insiders insight about Sproul. Its in the Ryan Sproul thread on the Prospects board. Its pretty interesting, he's known the kid since before the OHL and still talks to him today. Seems to be very high on him.

Old
02-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzombo4 prez View Post
I am very bullish on Jensen as a prospect even though we have a lot of good defensemen heading to GR next season. He is an awesome skater and has developed well physically over the last couple of years. I think he will surprise a lot of people. I would love Dekeyser but I think he will sign with another organization that will give him a quicker road to the NHL.
Personally, I think he'd make the Wings from what I've seen of him...and the Wings defense. Two years ago he would've had trouble, but not now.

Old
02-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Yes, he is expected to spend one more season in Sweden. Hopefully his budding offensive skills develop even further. I think he's got a great shot at making the Red Wings for the 2014-15 season. His game is coming along quite nicely in a very strong hockey league.

Old
02-23-2013, 04:39 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
I'd personally put him right behind Ouellet, Sproul and Backman. I think he'll start off in Grand Rapids and I like what he brings from an offensive skills perspective. Right now we are quite thin as an organization when it comes to offensive defensemen. Sproul is head and shoulders above every other prospect, Jensen demonstrates some solid offensive talent, and Backman is starting to be a consistent point producer.

Depending on how Smith and Ouellet produce Jensen may have a fairly straight-forward path to one of Detroit's power play units in a year or two.

Old
02-23-2013, 05:02 PM
ChadS

Quote:
Just so you guys know, a former coach of Ryan Sproul who is now a scout (pretty sure its legit) gave a nice insiders insight about Sproul. Its in the Ryan Sproul thread on the Prospects board. Its pretty interesting, he's known the kid since before the OHL and still talks to him today. Seems to be very high on him.
This was a great text, and it's 100% legit.

Here's the link for anyone interested: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...9&postcount=90

Old
02-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. Definitely worth checking out.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:26 AM
InjuredChoker

Hudon 1a +1
Quine 1a +1 against his old team.
AA2 with nothing.
Paterson had an off day. Saginaw lost 6-2.
Nedolmel -1.

Old
02-24-2013, 10:01 AM
ricky0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Personally, I think he'd make the Wings from what I've seen of him...and the Wings defense. Two years ago he would've had trouble, but not now.
if Babcock's this high on Lashoff imagine how high he'd be on Dekeyser

he'd probably get tons of ice time if the Wings signed him and had him on the roster

Old
02-24-2013, 02:08 PM
Osgood As It Gets
Church of Nyquist

vCash: 651
Martin Frk is on fire right now! And it's not as if he's raking in points inconsistently, here are his stats by game. He has 16 points in 10 games in February and has 2G and 2A right now playing with Drouin and McAulay (with McKinnon out). He has finish and his concussion woes are behind him. In short, he's doing great and looks to be an exciting prospect.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:12 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
Martin Frk is on fire right now! And it's not as if he's raking in points inconsistently, here are his stats by game. He has 16 points in 10 games in February and has 2G and 2A right now playing with Drouin and McAulay (with McKinnon out). He has finish and his concussion woes are behind him. In short, he's doing great and looks to be an exciting prospect.
I won't get excited about him until he fix his skating, both acceleration and speed.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Osgood As It Gets
Church of Nyquist

vCash: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
I won't get excited about him until he fix his skating, both acceleration and speed.
Is there someone you're excited about?

Closed Thread