HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-16-2012, 04:05 AM
  #151
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
Athanasiou had the primary assist for Barrie's both goals (even strength) and was 3rd star in their 2-0 win. He's now at 15+21=36 in 32 games.

Others:
Jensen 0+0, +2
De Haas 0+1
McKee back from suspension, 0+0, -1, 4 PIM
Coetzee 2 goals, Nestrasil 0+1 and Pearce with the shutout in Toledo


Last edited by ChadS: 12-16-2012 at 04:14 AM.
ChadS is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 07:00 AM
  #152
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,852
vCash: 500
Can't help but get a little excited about AA. He's already up towards last year's totals, and frankly he's flat out better than your normal 4th rounder.

joe89 is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 08:53 AM
  #153
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,852
vCash: 500
Backman was sadly concussed on a semi-dirty, albeit not illegal hit in the first period. No elbows or anything, but he hit the boards with the back of his head. No more play today. Next game is December 26th so he's got some time to recover without missing games.

joe89 is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 09:38 AM
  #154
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 21,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Backman was sadly concussed on a semi-dirty, albeit not illegal hit in the first period. No elbows or anything, but he hit the boards with the back of his head. No more play today. Next game is December 26th so he's got some time to recover without missing games.
That is too bad.

I said it yesterday when I actually got to watch the game but he seems to picked up a half step. His pinching is a little better and I really just thought his skating is at a different level. I don't get to see him as often but was wondering if you guys that do agree with this. Even half a step is a very big deal. Looked very good yesterday and also is filling out nicely. As usual it looks like we will have plenty of Swedes around with Jarnkrok, Nyquist and Backman. Also lately Almqvist is really coming on, got a nice mention from Babcock yesterday in the article I put up over on the Griffins thread. Named him along with Lashoff as guys that might be called up when injuries hit.

Oh if we could only get Calle's cousin Elias Lindholm, could be Swedish powered (at least a large part not all) for three or four decades.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 10:05 AM
  #155
The Nose
#thefuture
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 7,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Athanasiou had the primary assist for Barrie's both goals (even strength) and was 3rd star in their 2-0 win. He's now at 15+21=36 in 32 games.

Others:
Jensen 0+0, +2
De Haas 0+1
McKee back from suspension, 0+0, -1, 4 PIM
Coetzee 2 goals, Nestrasil 0+1 and Pearce with the shutout in Toledo
Only 4 PIM for McKee?

The Nose is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 11:04 AM
  #156
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Can't help but get a little excited about AA. He's already up towards last year's totals, and frankly he's flat out better than your normal 4th rounder.
I'm not sure if AA is still on the first line on Barrie or not.
The stats are a major improvement one way or the other. If he finishes PPG this year and then continues to improve next year, we're going to have ourselves a potential bigtime steal.

An elite skater with decent size and good hands who has shown great development trajectory?

Right now his stats look a lot like Quine's Post-draft-year stats. But while Quine is a good skater, AA is already and elite skater.

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 12:34 PM
  #157
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 21,983
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
I'm not sure if AA is still on the first line on Barrie or not.
The stats are a major improvement one way or the other. If he finishes PPG this year and then continues to improve next year, we're going to have ourselves a potential bigtime steal.

An elite skater with decent size and good hands who has shown great development trajectory?

Right now his stats look a lot like Quine's Post-draft-year stats. But while Quine is a good skater, AA is already and elite skater.
I think he's on the second line, he's usually been playing on a different line than Scheifele.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 02:45 PM
  #158
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 21,983
vCash: 50
Athanasiou's and Quine's team banging their head against each other.

2 periods down, Barrie leads 3-1 with AA2 having a goal and assist +1. Quine is -1.

Nedolmel and Sproul playing later today.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 03:00 PM
  #159
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
I think he's on the second line, he's usually been playing on a different line than Scheifele.
Doesnt usually play with Scheifele or get a tonne of PP time but with Camara and Sheif gone for the world juniors he'll be on the top line and get a tonne of ice time

newfy is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 03:03 PM
  #160
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
Here's a video of the hit on Bäckman. Don't know if it works outside Finland, though.

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/jaakiekko...tso-raju-malli

ChadS is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 05:44 PM
  #161
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Athanasiou's and Quine's team banging their head against each other.

2 periods down, Barrie leads 3-1 with AA2 having a goal and assist +1. Quine is -1.

Nedolmel and Sproul playing later today.
Grease Lightning has been awesome! I hope Backman isn't badly injured and can return on the 26th.

Run the Jewels is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 03:24 AM
  #162
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
Athanasiou 1+1, +1, 1st star. He had a penalty shot but missed, and also set up a breakaway that generated another penalty shot.
Sproul 0+1, +1, 2 PIM
Quine 0+0, -1
Nedomlel 0+1, +/- 0
Hudon 0+0, +/- 0
Toledo: Coetzee 1+1 & 1st star, Nestrasil 0+2, Pearce 18/20 saves (4-2 win)

ChadS is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 10:22 AM
  #163
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Athanasiou 1+1, +1, 1st star. He had a penalty shot but missed, and also set up a breakaway that generated another penalty shot.
Sproul 0+1, +1, 2 PIM
Quine 0+0, -1
Nedomlel 0+1, +/- 0
Hudon 0+0, +/- 0
Toledo: Coetzee 1+1 & 1st star, Nestrasil 0+2, Pearce 18/20 saves (4-2 win)
Athanasiou is having a breakout season, it's great to see him produce so much offense given what a disappointment Sheahan has been in that regard.

Run the Jewels is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 10:22 AM
  #164
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Grease Lightning has been awesome! I hope Backman isn't badly injured and can return on the 26th.
He was eating lunch with the team today and smiling on the picture so maybe he's fine after all.

joe89 is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 10:25 AM
  #165
Run the Jewels
Registered User
 
Run the Jewels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
He was eating lunch with the team today and smiling on the picture so maybe he's fine after all.
Good news!

Run the Jewels is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 12:09 PM
  #166
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 47,092
vCash: 500
Pulkkinen has continued his scoring streak, has so far 1+1 after two periods.

Jussi is online now  
Old
12-18-2012, 12:10 PM
  #167
The Nose
#thefuture
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 7,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Pulkkinen has continued his scoring streak, has so far 1+1 after two periods.
His hard work is finally paying off.

The Nose is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 01:02 PM
  #168
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 47,092
vCash: 500
Jokerit won 2-0 in Rauma vs Lukko, Pulkkinen scored the game winner with the Holy Slapper and set up iFlip for the second on the powerplay.

Jussi is online now  
Old
12-18-2012, 02:31 PM
  #169
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 21,983
vCash: 50
Per OHL trade forum-section, rumors that Quine and few others have asked to be traded from Peterborough.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 02:55 PM
  #170
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 21,983
vCash: 50
Highlights of Jokerit game. Hope it works outside of Finland. Pulu's goal at aroun 1:10 mark, assist right after that.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 03:09 PM
  #171
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
Pulkkinen has 4 goals and 2 points in the last 6 games, now up to 14 points in 32 games. So clearly starting to find his confidence and he's had better luck as well. And it's not like he looked bad before these 6 games, because he's been trying hard all season but just hasn't produced. They will start their christmas break tomorrow after a home game vs. Blues, and will return on the 28th.

Oh yeah, he was on the 1st PP unit today. Might have been there already in the last game but not sure. Nice PP assist to I.Filppula as well.

ChadS is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 06:28 PM
  #172
StormSurge9
Registered User
 
StormSurge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Guelph, ONT
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Per OHL trade forum-section, rumors that Quine and few others have asked to be traded from Peterborough.
Hearing from a ton of people on twitter that this isn't a rumour anymore. Alan Quine, along with teammates Slater Koekkoek (TB) and Nick Ritchie (2014 draft eligible) have indeed asked to be traded.

The OHL trade deadline is January 10th.

StormSurge9 is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 07:14 PM
  #173
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 12,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
Hearing from a ton of people on twitter that this isn't a rumour anymore. Alan Quine, along with teammates Slater Koekkoek (TB) and Nick Ritchie (2014 draft eligible) have indeed asked to be traded.

The OHL trade deadline is January 10th.
Why did they request a trade? Internal problems?

ProPAIN is online now  
Old
12-18-2012, 09:42 PM
  #174
FissionFire
Registered User
 
FissionFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 10,861
vCash: 500
More like because Peterborough stinks this year.

FissionFire is offline  
Old
12-18-2012, 10:20 PM
  #175
StormSurge9
Registered User
 
StormSurge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Guelph, ONT
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Why did they request a trade? Internal problems?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
More like because Peterborough stinks this year.
I think it's a mixture of both of these. Player's seemed to have a complete lack of faith in management after they gave Matt Puempel quite cheap. Also, a questionable deal which ended up in a player not wanting to report.

It just seemed as if there isn't really a plan as to what's going on. The team is no good, but they are going out and giving away youngsters (the questionable deal with Windsor)

Given the small window these guys have to be on a contender in junior hockey, it's not suprising.

StormSurge9 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.