HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Partner Article: Senators Season in Review (Best Coast)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-18-2014, 11:37 PM
  #1
hollywood99
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 194
vCash: 500
Partner Article: Senators Season in Review (Best Coast)

Hey Sens fans,

We're a new blog and partner with HF and we've been writing season in reviews for all the NHL teams. Next up on our list was your own Ottawa Senators. Please have a look and let us know what you think!

http://bestcoasthockey.wordpress.com...tawa-senators/

We know it's a little late, as the Sens season has been over for a while; and we also know that you'll be our toughest critics as we write about your team; but feel free to share all thoughts, good or bad.

And most importantly if you do take the time to read the article, thank you, we appreciate it.

Cheers,
Best Coast Hockey

hollywood99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 11:52 PM
  #2
StefanW
Get well, Bryan
 
StefanW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,373
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood99 View Post
Hey Sens fans,

We're a new blog and partner with HF and we've been writing season in reviews for all the NHL teams. Next up on our list was your own Ottawa Senators. Please have a look and let us know what you think!

http://bestcoasthockey.wordpress.com...tawa-senators/

We know it's a little late, as the Sens season has been over for a while; and we also know that you'll be our toughest critics as we write about your team; but feel free to share all thoughts, good or bad.

And most importantly if you do take the time to read the article, thank you, we appreciate it.

Cheers,
Best Coast Hockey
A few notes:

-BM has actually stated to the press that he is going to try to re-sign Michalek.

-Hemsky's departure is confirmed. He turned down the 10 MM for 3 years the Sens offered him and he is gone.

-Cammalleri is the worst possible UFA target. He is haggling over dollars and term in Calgary at the moment. If he is either asking for too much money or too much term there is no way we could or should target him.

-BM likes to target at least one low risk reclamation project during UFA time.

- Da Costa is already confirmed to be playing in the KHL next season. He wanted a one year deal and the Sens refused.

The article is fine but there are some basic errors, particularly in the FA targets section.

StefanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 11:59 PM
  #3
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 16,850
vCash: 256
Also there are no ties in the NHL anymore and it's been like that for a while now

That really stood out

Still, good job and good luck

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2014, 12:05 AM
  #4
hollywood99
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Do Make Say Think View Post
Also there are no ties in the NHL anymore and it's been like that for a while now

That really stood out

Still, good job and good luck
Oh god, what a stupid mistake. Obviously there are no ties haha. I meant to put OT/Shootout loss. Must have slipped back to the 90's for a moment. Thanks for the heads up.

and thanks for the read.

hollywood99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2014, 12:06 AM
  #5
CanadianGuest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 234
vCash: 500
I left a comment there, decent review for the casual fan. Like StefanW pointed out in his notes, the more informed fan are going to see the obvious errors.

Good luck, I bookmarked you.

CanadianGuest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2014, 12:09 AM
  #6
Vesa Awesaka
PuempeltoBorotoAndy
 
Vesa Awesaka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The Pas
Country: Belarus
Posts: 3,542
vCash: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanW View Post
A few notes:

-BM has actually stated to the press that he is going to try to re-sign Michalek.

-Hemsky's departure is confirmed. He turned down the 10 MM for 3 years the Sens offered him and he is gone.

-Cammalleri is the worst possible UFA target. He is haggling over dollars and term in Calgary at the moment. If he is either asking for too much money or too much term there is no way we could or should target him.

-BM likes to target at least one low risk reclamation project during UFA time.

- Da Costa is already confirmed to be playing in the KHL next season. He wanted a one year deal and the Sens refused.

The article is fine but there are some basic errors, particularly in the FA targets section.
Its rumored Hemsky might circle around and come back to the sens if he doesnt get the right ufa offer. At least thats what someone said on hockey central

Vesa Awesaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2014, 12:09 AM
  #7
hollywood99
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanW View Post
A few notes:

-BM has actually stated to the press that he is going to try to re-sign Michalek.

-Hemsky's departure is confirmed. He turned down the 10 MM for 3 years the Sens offered him and he is gone.

-Cammalleri is the worst possible UFA target. He is haggling over dollars and term in Calgary at the moment. If he is either asking for too much money or too much term there is no way we could or should target him.

-BM likes to target at least one low risk reclamation project during UFA time.

- Da Costa is already confirmed to be playing in the KHL next season. He wanted a one year deal and the Sens refused.

The article is fine but there are some basic errors, particularly in the FA targets section.
Thanks for the comments. Didn't know about Michalek and I never rule out a former player (Hemsky) until it's clear its over, which it may be. But you never know, they could circle back if Hemsky doesn't like other offers.

I might still disagree on Cammy though, I think he's playing hard ball with Calgary cause they're not on the cusp of the playoffs like the Sens are. Maybe a shot at the playoffs lowers his price.

Appreciate the feedback

hollywood99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2014, 12:10 AM
  #8
hollywood99
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGuest View Post
I left a comment there, decent review for the casual fan. Like StefanW pointed out in his notes, the more informed fan are going to see the obvious errors.

Good luck, I bookmarked you.
thanks for the bookmark, really appreciate it. To be honest we'll have to gear up our east coast knowledge as time goes by. It's the reverse east coast bias out here haha

hollywood99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2014, 12:12 AM
  #9
StefanW
Get well, Bryan
 
StefanW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,373
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesa Awesaka View Post
Its rumored Hemsky might circle around and come back to the sens if he doesnt get the right ufa offer. At least thats what someone said on hockey central
Huh, I didn't hear that. It sounds like a huge stretch considering a) he said he wanted to play with a talented guy like Spezza, and Spezza is leaving, and b) the Sens offer was about 2 MM per season below what he was making.

StefanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2014, 12:13 AM
  #10
BigRig4
Registered User
 
BigRig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanW View Post
Huh, I didn't hear that. It sounds like a huge stretch considering a) he said he wanted to play with a talented guy like Spezza, and Spezza is leaving, and b) the Sens offer was about 2 MM per season below what he was making.
Not to mention we're shopping his FA rights.

BigRig4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2014, 12:16 AM
  #11
CanadianGuest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesa Awesaka View Post
Its rumored Hemsky might circle around and come back to the sens if he doesnt get the right ufa offer. At least thats what someone said on hockey central
I've heard that and it was based on what Hemsky's expectations were then and what the panel thought Hemsky was truly worth. It was also before the Sens 3/10 offer which might make it a moot point now.

CanadianGuest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2014, 07:35 PM
  #12
Rocket Richard
Proud Canadian!!!!!
 
Rocket Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Capital of Canada!
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,197
vCash: 500
I heard Hemsky is holding out for Vancouver....

Rocket Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2014, 08:44 PM
  #13
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet
 
PatrickEaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood99 View Post
Thanks for the comments. Didn't know about Michalek and I never rule out a former player (Hemsky) until it's clear its over, which it may be. But you never know, they could circle back if Hemsky doesn't like other offers.

I might still disagree on Cammy though, I think he's playing hard ball with Calgary cause they're not on the cusp of the playoffs like the Sens are. Maybe a shot at the playoffs lowers his price.

Appreciate the feedback
Bahahahahaha!

I like this guy, he's funny. Can we keep him?


__________________
No, I'm not a girl. Stop asking!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBlQ4ybRWH8
PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2014, 10:10 PM
  #14
hollywood99
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickEaves View Post
Bahahahahaha!

I like this guy, he's funny. Can we keep him?

what's funny? The Sens being close to the playoffs or the Flames not being close?

hollywood99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2014, 10:21 PM
  #15
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,579
vCash: 500
jim mora: i just hope we can win a game

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2014, 10:26 PM
  #16
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?
 
Powdered Toast Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,582
vCash: 500
The Sens missed the playoffs by how many points this past season? 6?

Y'all are drama queens.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2014, 10:27 PM
  #17
OmniSens
@OmniSenators
 
OmniSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,810
vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Good read!

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2014, 10:53 PM
  #18
hollywood99
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
Good read!
Thanks so much!

hollywood99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2014, 11:00 PM
  #19
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet
 
PatrickEaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
The Sens missed the playoffs by how many points this past season? 6?

Y'all are drama queens.
The same team minus their entire first line (or 2nd line according to some people), and a one year older Phillips sure is close to the playoffs.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2014, 11:30 PM
  #20
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?
 
Powdered Toast Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickEaves View Post
The same team minus their entire first line (or 2nd line according to some people), and a one year older Phillips sure is close to the playoffs.
One year better Ceci.

One year more healthy Karlsson.

Potential rebound year for Anderson.

Potential breakout for Zibanejad with the new responsibilities.

Possibility that the guys we get for Spezza actually contribute.

Turris has more to give.

Cowen is much better than what he showed last year.

Let's not pretend that we can't improve. Being horribly negative is one thing, being completely blind is another.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2014, 11:36 PM
  #21
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,579
vCash: 500
it's also not accurate to say we're losing an entire line. Michalek was poor, and Hemksy played very few games, so we're losing Spezza, not an entire 1st line because we never had that to begin with. And scoring wasn't too much of a problem last season

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2014, 11:29 AM
  #22
Rocket Richard
Proud Canadian!!!!!
 
Rocket Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Capital of Canada!
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
One year better Ceci.

One year more healthy Karlsson.

Potential rebound year for Anderson.

Potential breakout for Zibanejad with the new responsibilities.

Possibility that the guys we get for Spezza actually contribute.

Turris has more to give.

Cowen is much better than what he showed last year.

Let's not pretend that we can't improve. Being horribly negative is one thing, being completely blind is another.
This quote isn't directed towards just you PTM, but Wow, if people actually believe we are going to be a better team next year, better get yer magic dust out now and start making wishes.....

Rocket Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2014, 12:06 PM
  #23
StefanW
Get well, Bryan
 
StefanW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,373
vCash: 50
We could be a better team next season and still not make the playoffs.

StefanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2014, 12:07 PM
  #24
Rumcajs
Registered User
 
Rumcajs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,129
vCash: 500
Lets hold our horses on Turris, if he has an equivalent season that is a huge success.

Ceci isn't a top 10 pick btw!


Last edited by Rumcajs: 06-21-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Rumcajs is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.