HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

How are Volchenkov and Grebeshkov doing so far?

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2005, 08:00 PM
wilka91*

vCash: 500
How are Volchenkov and Grebeshkov doing so far?

Hey guys!

I was just wondering how are Volchenkov and Grebeshkov playing this season?
I've just seen their names on the PlanetUSA All-Star roster, but are they really enjoying a good season?

Especially Volchenkov : is he throwing his body like a hammer, or has he turned more into an offensive D?

Thanks in advance.

Old
02-18-2005, 08:19 PM
bruins4777*

I've seen volcheknov 3 times this season and grebshkov twice.

This is what i saw.
Both were AWFUL impressive when i watched them. Volchenkov has a HUGE shot and he scored from the point with it once. He is an awful good hitter and when i watched he was the best player on the ice...better then spezza. Spezza outpointed him, but volchenkov was a monster hitter in the games i watched. He was amazing. I think this guy's come a long way. He's ready for the NHL. What suprised me was how much he rushed the puck, i saw him more as an outlet passer, he wasn't all that bad at it either. He was great positioning defense wise also. Overall great dman.

Grebeshkov played differently. Defense wise he was much more finesse, he was great positioning wise and i really liked his skating. His poise with the puck was great. He suprised me in that he didn't rush the puck much, but he made some nice clean passes. He has a nice clean shot.

Overall, between the two if i had to pick grebeshkov would be safer, but i think volcheknov has a "dominate" potential. Also factor in that i'm a bruins fan and i hate the sens....and i've done nothing but complement volchenkov. Prior to this AHL season i always made fun of him cause bergeron injured him in the one game along with varada They are two REALLY different dmen, and for me its hard to pick one of the other, but both are great.

Old
02-18-2005, 08:21 PM
wilka91*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins4777
I've seen volcheknov 3 times this season and grebshkov twice.

This is what i saw.
Both were AWFUL impressive when i watched them. Volchenkov has a HUGE shot and he scored from the point with it once. He is an awful good hitter and when i watched he was the best player on the ice...better then spezza. Spezza outpointed him, but volchenkov was a monster hitter in the games i watched. He was amazing. I think this guy's come a long way. He's ready for the NHL. What suprised me was how much he rushed the puck, i saw him more as an outlet passer, he wasn't all that bad at it either. He was great positioning defense wise also. Overall great dman.

Grebeshkov played differently. Defense wise he was much more finesse, he was great positioning wise and i really liked his skating. His poise with the puck was great. He suprised me in that he didn't rush the puck much, but he made some nice clean passes. He has a nice clean shot.

Overall, between the two if i had to pick grebeshkov would be safer, but i think volcheknov has a "dominate" potential. Also factor in that i'm a bruins fan and i hate the sens....and i've done nothing but complement volchenkov. Prior to this AHL season i always made fun of him cause bergeron injured him in the one game along with varada They are two REALLY different dmen, and for me its hard to pick one of the other, but both are great.
Thanks man. I really appreciate this.

Old
02-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Clutch Mediocrity

Quote:
He's ready for the NHL.
He would've played some quality minutes in 2003-2004 if not for Bergeron. :mad:

Old
02-20-2005, 09:09 AM
hockeynutz

Quote:

You must have seen Grebs on a good day. I've watched him now for 28 home games & several away games. He's incredibly inconsistent with his puck handling skills from shift to shift, never mind from game to game. Yeah, he has a nice shot, and his points total is pretty good, but I can't tell you the number of times he's coughed up the puck in front of his goalies which directly lead to the opponents scoring. Is he talented? You bet. Is he the Monarchs' best defenseman? Not by a long shot.

As for Volchenkov, he's likely to be facing a suspension, because he damn near took Connor James' head off with a vicious elbow in last night's game.

Old
02-20-2005, 09:57 AM
bruins4777*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeynutz
You must have seen Grebs on a good day. I've watched him now for 28 home games & several away games. He's incredibly inconsistent with his puck handling skills from shift to shift, never mind from game to game. Yeah, he has a nice shot, and his points total is pretty good, but I can't tell you the number of times he's coughed up the puck in front of his goalies which directly lead to the opponents scoring. Is he talented? You bet. Is he the Monarchs' best defenseman? Not by a long shot.

As for Volchenkov, he's likely to be facing a suspension, because he damn near took Connor James' head off with a vicious elbow in last night's game.
Interesting that you mention that...
When i watched him, he did all the things i mentioned, but he was also kinda soft looking defensively, something i forgot to mention. He kinda coasted towards the end also...

I'm wondering, does he typically not get all that involved offensively like i saw him? Because i thought he was offensive and he barely rushed the puck at all...i think once and he got held up at the blueline when he did...

but i still feel like grebeshkov is safer against volcheknov, i was wondering what you thought?

Old
02-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Levitate

Quote:
i don't claim to have seen grebeshkov a lot, just a couple of games...but what i saw was consistant with what you're saying. he can look good sometimes and pretty weak at others.

Old
02-22-2005, 11:15 PM
roaddogg02316

Here are their stats if thats any use to you.it has this years stats so far as well

Volchenkov
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=51270

grebeshkov
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=63818

Closed Thread