HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ducks - Bruins

Old
12-09-2012, 10:29 PM
DisneyDucky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastasaurus View Post
Ok fair enough, then the bruins will trade ol cement hands Paille for Etem. Remember Etem has no nhl exp.
No need to be like that.

Ducks have fowler, vatanen and lindholm in the system. Sure maybe dougie will be better then all of them but you can obviously see that d-prospects isnt one of our weak areas.

I think ducks would be happy to keep Ryan and getzlaf and see how many of our NHL-ready prospects pan out. If we would keep the core we got now with the addition coming trough our pipeline I think we got a very good contending team. Maybe not next year, but soon enough.

DisneyDucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastasaurus View Post
Ok fair enough, then the bruins will trade ol cement hands Paille for Etem. Remember Etem has no nhl exp.
Where did he say hamilton has no value? He said we have no extreme NEED for him with the defensive prospects we have in the system. You are acting like he can come in and be a #1 right now which, I hate to break it to you, isnt likely.

If Hamilton was already a top pairing defensemen then we would have a need for him.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:08 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 50
Yeah, no thanks. Hamilton and Seguin are great but Ryan and Getzlaf have more value to the Ducks right now.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:27 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Thanks but no thanks from the B's. Love both players and the value is probably closer than most would like to admit BUT Boston needs defense more than anything right now. Dougie Hamilton is a stud, plain and simple. I'd rather see how he works out in the NHL than trade him for a UFA especially when the B's already have 4 other centers on the roster (Not saying they're better than Getzlaf just that center is not a need for the B's).

Now if it were Perry and Ryan I may be more inclined to talk.

Perry-Krejci-Ryan
Looch-Bergy-Seguin
Marshmont-Kelly-Pevs

That (Pipe dream) top-9 would be insane.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:29 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Always positive

I don't see either team doing it
Getzlaf is very likely to sign w/anaheim when the lockout is over

Boston has been trying to make Seguin the face of their franchise, plus they have cost certainty w/Hamilton coming up.

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:29 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

That's an absolutely brutal trade for the ducks, it has merit but no I don't see the ducks trading for that.

12-10-2012, 03:38 AM
Orrthebest

Have people totally forgotten the salary cap, Boston is not in a position to add salary. As is we are going to have to let Horton go or else trade players to make cap space to sign him.

Orrthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:46 AM
nmbr_24

I don't think either team wants to do this. The Ducks would probably do it if they know Getzlaf wanted to go to UFA but I don't think Boston would do this because they need Hamilton more than anyone that would be coming back, not saying he is better, just that you can't play with a team that is all forwards.Getzlaf also will be an UFA and has had declining stats and had a very difficult year.

I think Boston sticks with their young guys and the Ducks stick with their star players.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:05 AM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I don't think either team wants to do this. The Ducks would probably do it if they know Getzlaf wanted to go to UFA but I don't think Boston would do this because they need Hamilton more than anyone that would be coming back, not saying he is better, just that you can't play with a team that is all forwards.Getzlaf also will be an UFA and has had declining stats and had a very difficult year.

I think Boston sticks with their young guys and the Ducks stick with their star players.
Not disputing that Boston wouldn't do it, however, Getzlaf only had declining stats this past season...prior to that he was a consistent ppg elite player for 4 seasons in a row. If you consider 1 statistical 'off-season' as declining, then I suppose your statement would be correct.

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:20 AM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
This trade completely assumes that Seguin and Hamilton are going to be big name stars before they've even proven themselves to be such. There's no reason for Bob Murray to say yes to this deal.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:26 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
This trade completely assumes that Seguin and Hamilton are going to be big name stars before they've even proven themselves to be such. There's no reason for Bob Murray to say yes to this deal.
It also assumes Getzlaf would sign with the Bruins if the deal went down.

It's really "assumed" UFA Getzlaf + Ryan for "assumed will continue upward NHL trend" Seguin + "assumed will be worth the hype" Hamilton.

Lot's to assume on both sides which is one of the many reason I think both teams decline.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:27 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post
Not disputing that Boston wouldn't do it, however, Getzlaf only had declining stats this past season...prior to that he was a consistent ppg elite player for 4 seasons in a row. If you consider 1 statistical 'off-season' as declining, then I suppose your statement would be correct.
I think I pointed out that it was mainly last year. It is something any team would have to consider especially if you are trading someone like Seguin and Hamilton for him. Seguin was the top scorer in this deal and he is barely scratching the surface of his potential, it doesn't seem worth any risk at all.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:32 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Seguin has proven he can outscore Ryan and Getzlaf. It may have been an off year for Getzlaf, but Boston would have to assume he returns to being a ppg player and that he would re-sign with the team.

You are right, teams aren't going to assume anything and they would both keep their guys.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:58 AM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

vCash: 50
I think the Bruins will keep Seguin and Hamilton and build around them for future success. Winning a cup is, of course, the ultimate goal, but we just won in 2011, and we're not in dire need for pieces to win again right now.

AKL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:59 AM
roflstomper
I don't row.

If the Ducks have any reason to believe they can resign Getzlaf then they stay far away from this, but if for some reason they know it wont happen its not too bad.

For the Bruins they really really need Hamilton and are really putting their eggs in that one basket and are very unlikely to move him unless its in a package for a top end proven dman. Plus the Bruins wouldnt be able to pay both these guys anyway.

roflstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:57 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
That's an absolutely brutal trade for the ducks, it has merit but no I don't see the ducks trading for that.
Wait, what? You say its brutal for Anaheim, then in the next breath say it has merit, then in the next breath say you don't see the Ducks doing it? I'm not understanding this, it seems like you are contradicting yourself within one sentence. Please explain.

As to the OP, the only way there is any chance Boston does this is if Getzlaf is resigned. Even then, I don't think I do it if I'm Boston. Sure Hamilton (and to a lesser extent Seguin) are unproven, but as much as some people around here don't see it, upside and potential do factor in as well. As a Sens fan, I'd love to see Seguin and Hamilton head out west, even considering what is coming back, but I don't think Boston does this.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 06:14 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflstomper View Post
If the Ducks have any reason to believe they can resign Getzlaf then they stay far away from this, but if for some reason they know it wont happen its not too bad.
That's pretty much the way I see this, as well. Not worthy of outrage either way, IMO.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Getz2perry

Well the trade is making me think so its some what close... i feel as something from both sides would need to be added, not sure what tho... Leaves us very young with tons of prospects... which i dont mind, i get the feeling ryan is leaving when his contract is done anyway, also if we trade getz we might as well say bye to perry. Basically we'd be starting doing a rebuild. Id trade perry first and see what he returns, then maybe hit this offer up, minor tweaks.

If we were to go the path of a rebuild. If we were to trade getz perry and ryan im sure some teams would overpay for their services so id see what other offers existed.

All hypothetical tho, some people take these proposal forums way to serious

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Exit Dose

Even if Getzlaf is leaving that doesn't mean that trading Ryan is any more reasonable. We will need veterans closer to our prospect's ages.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Oates2Neely

Seguin is the most valuable player in this deal.

Im a big fan of Getzlaf & Ryan, but Seguin oozes potential, he already led the Bruins in scoring at 19yrs old. Hamilton fits a major need. Not to mention why would Boston want to add another center? Krejci Bergeron Kelly Peverly Seguin Campbell...

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Oates2Neely

Horton
Hamilton
Spooner

for

Perry
Fowler

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Horton
Hamilton
Spooner

for

Perry
Fowler
Don't think we'd do that. Honestly, Boston isn't a great trade partner at the moment.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Makes no sense for either team. Seguin is borderline untouchable, and Boston likely wouldnt trade Hamilton for Ryan when we're such a top heavy organization when it comes to defense. Torey Krug would be our 6th defensman, nuff said.

Getzlaf isnt enticing at all until his future is determined.

Ducks shouldnt do this and Bruins shouldnt do this.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Horton
Hamilton
Spooner

for

Perry
Fowler
No from Ducks. Perrys one of the better goal scorers in the league and Horton is a good player, but a question mark with his health. Hamiltons value is high, but Spooners isnt close to that. Wed essentially be swapping Hamilton for Fowler (value is close) and Horton and Spooner for Perry (not close).

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Not a bad trade tbh.

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote