HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Version XIV: Rielly Cool Story Broll

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 07:23 AM
Atomos2
BLUE NOISE

vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
I'm the same way, except with Reimer.

The one Marlies game I was at when he was the goalie, shutout (high-fived him after too )

and I went to the Leafs- Penguins game last year when the Leafs won 1-0.

I have never seen Reimer scored on
Please go to the game tonight

Old
02-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Garrett Sparks' twitter is also hilarious, check it out some time.

Posted a while back, I freaking love him haha

Also great to hear about MJ

02-02-2013, 11:12 AM
KlattNazty

Leivo had an unreal offensive poke check / play to steal the puck down low in Owen sound zone before setting up a pretty goal with a nice cross crease pass

Old
02-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
Leivo had an unreal offensive poke check / play to steal the puck down low in Owen sound zone before setting up a pretty goal with a nice cross crease pass
Good to hear about Leivo, how has he looked condition wise and skating wise?

Old
02-02-2013, 12:13 PM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Good to hear about Leivo, how has he looked condition wise and skating wise?
Conditioning is not an issue with him IMO. Looks like most junior prospects in that regard, who pretty much all need to improve a bit once they hit the pros.

Skating like others have pointed out, improving tenfold. Establishing a first step separation gear, as I noticed last night. Steals it from the defender, and is fast enough to make room and then set up the pass. His edge work looks like it can improve, but so many guys have that issue. Underhill I think has helped him alot. I compare his skating as very similar to Kulemin's.

He needs to continue to bulk up, despite playing a strong physical game boy oh boy does he have room to grow. Lanky kid, which bodes well for his future considering how strong he already is. Muscle strength ratio appears to be quite high.

And again like Kulemin, he needs to initiate contact more. He is fine and generally wins when people come at him, but would be better if he tossed his weight around more.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Conditioning is not an issue with him IMO. Looks like most junior prospects in that regard, who pretty much all need to improve a bit once they hit the pros.

Skating like others have pointed out, improving tenfold. Establishing a first step separation gear, as I noticed last night. Steals it from the defender, and is fast enough to make room and then set up the pass. His edge work looks like it can improve, but so many guys have that issue. Underhill I think has helped him alot. I compare his skating as very similar to Kulemin's.

He needs to continue to bulk up, despite playing a strong physical game boy oh boy does he have room to grow. Lanky kid, which bodes well for his future considering how strong he already is. Muscle strength ratio appears to be quite high.

And again like Kulemin, he needs to initiate contact more. He is fine and generally wins when people come at him, but would be better if he tossed his weight around more.
Well all sounds positive, hopefully he can take the right step to hit it in the AHL next season. Another one who is going to take a similar path as Leivo seems to be Brown.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Lebanese Leaf

Quote:

I know the word darkhorse gets thrown around a lot when it comes to prospects, but I think we have a real one on our hands with Leivo. This guy seems destined to make the NHL and stick, I keep reading nothing but positives about his game since he was drafted.

I also like how Connor Brown is developing.

Our prospect pool has an underrated amount of depth.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:33 PM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
I know the word darkhorse gets thrown around a lot when it comes to prospects, but I think we have a real one on our hands with Leivo. This guy seems destined to make the NHL and stick, I keep reading nothing but positives about his game since he was drafted.

Yeah im not too high on brown yet but exciting with his success.

Leivo should have a very interesting year next year. He is a complete offensive player, so it will be interesting to see how much ice time he gets next year.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Yeah im not too high on brown yet but exciting with his success.

Leivo should have a very interesting year next year. He is a complete offensive player, so it will be interesting to see how much ice time he gets next year.
My dark horse prospect is Toninato and I'm sticking with him

Old
02-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 0
Quote:
I hadn't seen the interview with him until last night with Behind the Draft. I laughed when they asked him to describe his play With the description he gave though he sounds amazing! Hopefully he shows that he is right at evaluating himself I want to see this guy play so I can judge it myself.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:46 PM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I hadn't seen the interview with him until last night with Behind the Draft. I laughed when they asked him to describe his play With the description he gave though he sounds amazing! Hopefully he shows that he is right at evaluating himself I want to see this guy play so I can judge it myself.
decent looking frame, but my gosh is he ever thin.

brown has a weird looking frame, wide shoulders.

rupert has massive traps.

finn has really wide shoulders too, not surprised he added like 10+ pounds this summer up to 207

Old
02-02-2013, 12:46 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post

Agreed about Leivo. Could definitely be a steal of the draft if he continues to fill out.. I'm really pumped to see how well he can do under Eakins.

02-02-2013, 12:49 PM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Agreed about Leivo. Could definitely be a steal of the draft if he continues to fill out.. I'm really pumped to see how well he can do under Eakins.
I wouldnt be shocked if he gets a big chunk of ice time as compared to other players, simply because he has that two way game. But he will need to bulk up otherwise he will run into trouble.

It will be Devane, Crescenzi and Ryan, hopefully Ross too, oh and probably McKegg getting the most ice time next year just because they have put in their dues. And have developed physically.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
In his full interview he didn't even know much about the leaf or just in general what was going on lol.
Quote:
decent looking frame, but my gosh is he ever thin.

brown has a weird looking frame, wide shoulders.

rupert has massive traps.

finn has really wide shoulders too, not surprised he added like 10+ pounds this summer up to 207
He's a project for sure but I was blown away by his skill and way of reading the ice when prospect camp was there. He was coming out of high-school and to play with the level he showed with all the other prospects. I was just amazed, he's a long shot but if he pans out man he can be good IMO.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:33 PM
thefeebster

The WJCs seem like months ago and I am a bit late in finishing this, but here's Tom Nilsson's highlight video. The guy threw some of the nicest hits in the tournament (skip to 1:20 and 2:56 to see them).

*Better quality on YT page

Old
02-02-2013, 01:58 PM
KlattNazty

impressed by how comfortable he looked making passes and carrying the puck. good to see.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
The WJCs seem like months ago and I am a bit late in finishing this, but here's Tom Nilsson's highlight video. The guy threw some of the nicest hits in the tournament (skip to 1:20 and 2:56 to see them).

What a beauty.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:10 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Nilsson looked really quick with his stick to keep the puck in the offensive zone in several of those situations. Good to see. He will still have to add a lot of muscle if he is to play that style in the NHL.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:18 PM
TMLife
#teambernier

Wow I'm really liking Nilsson. It's rare to have a good skating good passing small dman that loves to hit. Excited to see this kid in the coming years

Old
02-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

I really like Nilsson a lot, But I'm hoping that he can make the jump to the elite league next season.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Leafidelity
Compete Level

vCash: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post

Thanks for this.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:22 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusForever View Post
Wow I'm really liking Nilsson. It's rare to have a good skating good passing small dman that loves to hit. Excited to see this kid in the coming years
Drafted to take care of Lucic.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:24 PM
blujaysrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post
Sparks actually has really impressive stats.
It's crazy how good he's been since November. Here's his monthly breakdowns:

Sep: 3.74 GAA 0.895 SV% (4 games)
Oct: 3.78 GAA 0.898 SV% (11 games)

Nov: 1.94 GAA 0.940 SV% (12 games)
Dec: 1.95 GAA 0.926 SV% (6 games)
Jan: 1.62 GAA 0.940 SV% (8 games)

Old
02-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Brody
Lol

vCash: 50
Quote:
Connor Brown from day one (really liked Sparks too since drafting him), I like Dom too though.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

Leivo with 1 and 1
Brown with 2A
Sparks 24/27
Biggs 1 G

Closed Thread