HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OKC Barons @ San Antonio Rampage, Saturday 12/8 6PM MDT

Old
12-08-2012, 04:34 AM
Bryanbryoil

vCash: 500
OKC Barons @ San Antonio Rampage, Saturday 12/8 6PM MDT

@
BARONS: 11-5-1-2 VS RAMPAGE: 8-11-0-3

Game InfoGame Day: Saturday December 8th 2012
Game Time: 6:00PM MDT
Radio:
PPV AHL Neulion

LineupsBARONS: TBD, My Guess At This Point
Hall #22-Arcobello #26-Eberle #7
Paajarvi #19-Lander #16-Hartikainen #10
Hamilton #13-Green #12-Pitlick #9
Byers #34-Vande Velde #29-Abney #36

Marincin #28-J. Schultz #5
Fedun #27-Teubert #33
Deck #8-Henry #39

Danis #35
Roy #31

Scratches:

Healthy: C Nugent-Hopkins #18, W Cornet #15, D Plante #4

Injured: D Davidson #3 (Testicular Cancer), C Martindale #17 (Knee), C/W House #21 (Concussion), W Tyrvainen #14 (Broken Wrist), Ringwald #6 (Wrist)

Reassigned To Stockton: C Hunter #11, W Rajala #25

RAMPAGE:
TBD
Roster

Who to watch?BARONS TO WATCH: The Barons are getting some much needed beef up front in the form of Captain Josh Green and RW Tyler Pitlick who are both returning from lengthy injuries. Green has had a rib injury from the 3rd game of the season and Pitlick has been out since the middle of November with a concussion. Pitlick arguably played his best hockey of the season with Green on his line along with Ryan Martindale. The two are set to be reunited with Green at center this time and Curtis Hamilton on the left side. Defenseman Nathan Deck may make his AHL debut as well. Deck has had a very productive run with the Stockton Thunder averaging nearly a point per game in his second pro season.

RAMPAGE TO WATCH: The Rampage just signed (12/7) defenseman Mike Mottau and forward Jon Sim to PTO's (pro tryout contracts). Both players have over 700 career NHL games between them and Mottau played 35 big league games last season while Sim was playing in Europe. The Rampage have been led offensively by Jon Rheault and Drew Shore who have 18 and 16 points respectively. Their next 4 leading scorers have 11 points apiece. The Rampage are a very big and tough team and I'd assume that as a result we should see Cam Abney get into the lineup tonight.

Quotable"Every night we're going to get other teams "A" games" -Barons head coach Todd Nelson earlier in the season on opposing teams being up to play the Barons

Season Series
DateLocationResult
10/19OKC 5-2 OKC
11/4San Antonio 2-0 San Antonio

Team Comparison
 BaronsRampage
Games2022
Points2519
Wins118
GF6658
GA5965
Power Play %22.515.7
Penalty Kill %77.985.6

Team Leaders
BaronsRampage
GOALS: Eberle (12)Rallo (7)
ASSISTS:Schultz (20)Rheault (12)
+/-: Schultz (+14)Caruso (+6)

Today's Videos

12-08-2012, 05:18 AM
#ualberta

So if nuge decides on monday he wants go play for team canada he'd have to go to the selection camp that's happening this week and then he'd play pre tournament games so he wouldn't play for okc til after the tournment. If he doesn't play for canada that means he's injured or injured enough not to play so he probably wouldn't play for okc either
So either way okc will be missing nuge for awhile, right?

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:19 AM
oilers83

Anyone know when Martindale is gonna be back? It would be nice to see what he can do centring Hall and Eberle

oilers83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 06:26 AM
puckfan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers83 View Post
Anyone know when Martindale is gonna be back? It would be nice to see what he can do centring Hall and Eberle
Why? He's never going to play with them in the NHL. They would probably just be carrying him if he could even keep up.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Baronsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
So if nuge decides on monday he wants go play for team canada he'd have to go to the selection camp that's happening this week and then he'd play pre tournament games so he wouldn't play for okc til after the tournment. If he doesn't play for canada that means he's injured or injured enough not to play so he probably wouldn't play for okc either
So either way okc will be missing nuge for awhile, right?
Right. There was an article in OKC paper that Nuge is likely out of the Barons line up for a month.

Baronsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 10:29 AM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronsfan View Post
Right. There was an article in OKC paper that Nuge is likely out of the Barons line up for a month.
Unless the NHL season is completely lost, I think we've seen the last of RNH as a Baron.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:34 AM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

vCash: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
Why? He's never going to play with them in the NHL. They would probably just be carrying him if he could even keep up.
But Arcobello is? I like the idea of getting a look at Martindale playing with skilled players. Worth a game or two look if RNH is gone for the month.

NAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:59 AM
duul

Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
Unless the NHL season is completely lost, I think we've seen the last of RNH as a Baron.
Agreed.

duul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Philly85
Raps'

Why, what the heck has happened to RNH? Last I heard he was having some shoulder problems. Is he going to the World Juniors still? And why wouldn't he just return to OKC after the tournament? Doubt there's NHL hockey this year. And if there's anything wrong with Nuge's shoulder, he should stay out of any and all games.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:49 PM
enthropi

Quote:
EDIT: Nevermind...

Last edited by enthropi: 12-08-2012 at 01:12 PM.
enthropi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:55 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Why, what the heck has happened to RNH? Last I heard he was having some shoulder problems. Is he going to the World Juniors still? And why wouldn't he just return to OKC after the tournament? Doubt there's NHL hockey this year. And if there's anything wrong with Nuge's shoulder, he should stay out of any and all games.
I don't think there is anything wrong with his shoulder.

They flew him to Edmonton for a regularly scheduled check up with team doctors and because the Barons didn't play this week and the World Junior camp starts on Monday, they didn't bother flying him back.

Unless the lockout is miraculously resolved this weekend RNH will be in Calgary Monday morning "trying" to make the World Junior team.

I am reasonably sure the NHL will get going by mid-January. Not even the NHLPA is so galactically stupid as to throw that much money anyway over 5 year term limits.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:56 PM
okgooil

Quote:
I don't think there is anything wrong with his shoulder.

They flew him to Edmonton for a regularly scheduled check up with team doctors and because the Barons didn't play this week and the World Junior camp starts on Monday, they didn't bother flying him back.

Unless the lockout is miraculously resolved this weekend RNH will be in Calgary on Monday "trying" to make the World Junior team.
Its kind of a shame he can't play this weekend and next, then join Team Canada, every knows he is on the team... However, I guess he should go through the whole camp.

okgooil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Philly85
Raps'

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
Its kind of a shame he can't play this weekend and next, then join Team Canada, every knows he is on the team... However, I guess he should go through the whole camp.
I actually totally agree, but it's team Canada, and it's also a traditional/principle thing with them, as well as optics.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:47 PM
puckfan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
But Arcobello is? I like the idea of getting a look at Martindale playing with skilled players. Worth a game or two look if RNH is gone for the month.
I should clarify, I just don't think Martindale is good at all. They can try it I guess, just don't have very much confidence in him.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Arcobello was the 1st line center of a team that went to the confrence finals last season and a current top 6 forward on the club on merit. Martindale is a guy who wasn't even a top line center in the ECHL last year and has been mediocre to poor in the AHL this year. Arcobello>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Martindale that's why he should be on the top line and not Martindale.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 04:37 PM
SephF
[b][/b]

I'm sure Nuge will be back right after the WJC...

I have a feeling he was kept in Edmonton for the week because it was a regular checkup and the CBA talks were heating up. I think the Oilers wanted to see what direction the talks would head in, if it looked promising they'd give him a rest until the NHL season started.

With the way the talks went I'm really doubting we're going to see a season at all and if that's the case RNH will definitely be back in OKC after the WJC tournament. At least IMO.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:32 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Arcobello was the 1st line center of a team that went to the confrence finals last season and a current top 6 forward on the club on merit. Martindale is a guy who wasn't even a top line center in the ECHL last year and has been mediocre to poor in the AHL this year. Arcobello>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Martindale that's why he should be on the top line and not Martindale.
Arcobello is also a shrimp 25-year-old who isn't going to have a future in the NHL. Of course he gets the promotion right now, but if he can't cut it and Martindale comes back from injury strong, I wouldn't mind taking a look at him between Eberle and Hall. Couldn't be any worse than Green was.

Old
12-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Just Bowser

Quote:
Arcobello is also a shrimp 25-year-old who isn't going to have a future in the NHL. Of course he gets the promotion right now, but if he can't cut it and Martindale comes back from injury strong, I wouldn't mind taking a look at him between Eberle and Hall. Couldn't be any worse than Green was.

Green has never played on a line with Hall and Eberle.

Just Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Toronto Marlies on Sportsnet again

Thanks for nothing, Sportsnet!

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:12 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Not-bold prediction: Schultz gets a point
Bold prediction: Schultz doesn't get a point, but Paajarvi scores two goals.

nofool6110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:54 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Bowser View Post
[/B]

Green has never played on a line with Hall and Eberle.
Ha. Oh, yeah. They moved him to wing to play with RNH and Ebs. Still, I guess my point is that after Arco, the Barons don't have much in the way of skill at centre, so if he can't cut it, might as well give Martindale a look. I know it's a one-in-a-hundred shot, but if he can develop into the 6'3" skilled centre the Oilers so desperately need, well ... that'd be pretty sweet.

Old
12-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Oilception

first row doesnt look like its going to have a stream, anyone got anything?

Oilception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Free*

Any links?

Free* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Hitchslap

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilception View Post
first row doesnt look like its going to have a stream, anyone got anything?
Neither does atdhe. Not sure where to look next.

Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Braden88

AtdheNet.tv is up

Braden88 is offline   Reply With Quote