HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Zdeno Chara hit Miro Satan ... your opinion?

Old
12-13-2012, 06:16 AM
CookieCrumbs*
Heads Up!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
why should they ever consider the injury?

They shouldn't consider the injury. A clean hit is a clean hit, and a dirty hit is a dirty hit regardless of whether the player ends up injured, or he walks away scot-free. At least that's how it should be.

CookieCrumbs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 07:22 AM
jonlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATdaisuki View Post
the position he is in before is not one that people would normally be in when checking someone. he straightens up for impact purposes. it's normal.
"straightens up for impact purposes" - against the head!!!

This is exactly why it is punishable! The check itself is a clean shoulder check. The "following through-movement" is what makes this a dirty one! It`s not like Chara didn`t c the hit catching Satan`s head...

jonlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 08:12 AM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post
"straightens up for impact purposes" - against the head!!!

This is exactly why it is punishable! The check itself is a clean shoulder check. The "following through-movement" is what makes this a dirty one! It`s not like Chara didn`t c the hit catching Satan`s head...
this is why i said in my first post to just look at what chara himself did. he did nothing wrong. it's a text book hit. he's tall, so judging where he hits someone is biased, that's my reasoning for just looking at chara himself.

edit: i need to read better...
chara didn't really follow through. he did this before impact. he was bracing. it wasn't malicious, it was him making the perfect head-on collision hit. i'll quote my other post so you can see the criteria i used to judge the hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATdaisuki View Post
ignore the size difference for a moment and just look at chara himself. on the second hit he does nothing but get in the way and brace for impact. no elbow, no jumping, he didn't reach out in any way to make the hit. satan's head is not out of line with his body, so there is not reason to believe a hit to the head was intentional. both players were moving north-south. i think this should be the criteria for judging the legality or how clean the hit was.

ATdaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 08:16 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinho View Post
it's almost one month old .. but Satan still isn't playing, he's injured ... he said Chara wanted to hurt him with this hit ... they were big friends before this incident, hard to say if they will be after this - Satan isn't answering on Chara's call etc. ... and it still lasts

first hit - time 10th sec

second hit - time 55th sec

what do you say was it clear? is Satan acting like baby? or was it dirty by Chara? your opinions?

Slovakian fans were mad on saturday when Chara was on the puck
both this players are from Slovakia

time 15th sec, time 25th sec etc.
I don't see anything wrong with the hit. That is a problem with being seven feet tall on skates though, I honestly think he made ever attempt to drop lower and catch him clean in the chest. Something he probably wouldn't have done for a lot of guys. This is one of those that is a tough hockey hit plays as he squares him up through the body, what do you want him to do? Honestly reminded me and was a lot less violent than the Kronwall on Voracek hit and Voracek came out said that was a good hit, so Satan needs to own up to what he was caught doing and the fact Chara did his best to square him up and not elbow or anything else.

On a side note, best part of this whole video has to be the part where the guy gets too many men for jumping on the wrong bench. That is something I had never seen before.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 04:22 AM
Ivanko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinho View Post

what do you say was it clear? is Satan acting like baby? or was it dirty by Chara? your opinions?

Slovakian fans were mad on saturday when Chara was on the puck
Not Slovakian fans, only Slovan fans. That is a big difference. Slovan fans were mad because their captain is injured, I don't think the rest of Slovak people have anything against Chara.

In my opinion it was a clean hit, Satan needs to keep his head up next time.

Ivanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 03:50 PM
bebl

clean and clean

bebl is offline   Reply With Quote