HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wsh-chi

Old
12-10-2012, 02:38 PM
capitalsrock

vCash: 500
Wsh-chi

Washington gives up:

Marcus Johansson
John Carlson
Michal Neuvirth
Stanislav Galiev

Chicago gives up:

Niklas Hjalmarsson
Patrick Sharp
Ray Emery
Brandon Saad

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Halpysback

Dear god that's horrible. And you're a caps fan? Kill it with fire.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Neuvirth's a dime-a-dozen. Emery sucks. Galiev is a vanilla prospect.

So it boils down to Carlson and Johannsson for Sharp, Hjalmarsson, and Saad.

Yeah, pass from Chicago.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:46 PM
capitalsrock

So a no from each side...It can't be that bad than lol

Old
12-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
So a no from each side...It can't be that bad than lol
It actually is. May be "fair" value for next year but in the future Chicago runs away with this. Carlson is by far the best piece from either side, Johansson is the 3rd best, and Neuvirth actually has value as a young dirt cheap 1B/2A for the right team, given what Lindback, Bishop and Bobrovsky fetched.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Hell no.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:05 PM
The Red Line

Don't see either team doing this.

Don't see the Hawks ever dealing Sharp unless his production significantly declines, which I also don't see happening.

Neuvirth is not the answer to Chicago's goalie problem and Saad won't be dealt without first being given a good chance (likely in the top 6) for Chicago.

Johanssen would be a pretty decent answer to the Hawks 2LC problem but they would never give up the pieces it would take to acquire him.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

The dealbreaker (from my perspective) is the inclusion of Saad.

That'd be good value for Sharp and Hjalmarsson. Probably a bit too much for Caps fans to be comfortable with giving up.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:13 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

I kind of like it for Chicago, but Saad can't be involved. He's essentially Sharp's replacement.

Saad-Toews-Kane
Stalberg-Johansson-Hossa

No RH shot there is also not very good. Never mind, this won't work for either team.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:13 PM
palindrom

Both teams does it and are very happy!

Very nice proposal.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:14 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Chicago gives up the best player in the deal and their top prospect? Doesn't seem to make any sense. I like Johansson, but the Hawks already have a bunch of simular players/prospects in Teravainen, Pirri, Kruger.. and I'd love John Carlson, but not at the expense of Sharp. Galiev wouldn't get a shot in Chicago and Neuvirth isn't an improvement on Crawford.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:20 PM
The Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Chicago gives up the best player in the deal and their top prospect? Doesn't seem to make any sense. I like Johansson, but the Hawks already have a bunch of simular players/prospects in Teravainen, Pirri, Kruger.. and I'd love John Carlson, but not at the expense of Sharp. Galiev wouldn't get a shot in Chicago and Neuvirth isn't an improvement on Crawford.
Yes he is, but certainly not enough of one to warrant ever considering dealing for him.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Galiev is closer to Saad than any of those prospects are to Johansson right now. He's discounted way too easily.

Also, Sharp is a 30 year old 35 goal/70 point winger who is good around defensively and intangible and whatnot. Carlson is a 22 year old top pairing shutdown defenseman... who also puts up 35 points a year at this stage in his development, signed to about what Hjarmalsson makes for the next 6 years. You could argue Carlson brings as much to a hockey team as Sharp does now let alone in the future.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:39 PM
txpd

carlson just signed a 6 year contract at under $4m per. he's not for sale. period. i understand why fans of other teams would go fishing for him, but a caps fan cant be paying any attention if they put him in any deal.

the caps do this why?

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:45 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
carlson just signed a 6 year contract at under $4m per. he's not for sale. period. i understand why fans of other teams would go fishing for him, but a caps fan cant be paying any attention if they put him in any deal.

the caps do this why?
I know Carlson just signed a deal but he isn't untouchable. Caps get a needed top 4 defensive d-man to play with green. Obviously we don't have a surplus of top 6 wingers in our lineup at the moment. Our prospect depth is not the greatest. And we could use an experienced NHL backup to mentor Holtby into becoming the starter.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:53 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Galiev is closer to Saad than any of those prospects are to Johansson right now. He's discounted way too easily.

Also, Sharp is a 30 year old 35 goal/70 point winger who is good around defensively and intangible and whatnot. Carlson is a 22 year old top pairing shutdown defenseman... who also puts up 35 points a year at this stage in his development, signed to about what Hjarmalsson makes for the next 6 years. You could argue Carlson brings as much to a hockey team as Sharp does now let alone in the future.
Galiev is nowhere close to Saad.. and I have little doubt that one of Kruger or Pirri could produce at a 40ish point-pace as Chicago's 2nd line centre whenever the NHL starts up. Kruger had 27 points last year, splitting time between the 4th and 2nd line. And even if they don't, Chicago has alot of talented centre's in their pipeline that, unless they're acquring a more proven centre, they can wait while Kruger/Pirri stopgap.

I also must have missed the part where John Carlson became a shut-down Dman.. I'm not saying he's bad defensively, but ever since I first saw him in London, he's always been an offensive/puck-moving Dman.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:01 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Galiev is nowhere close to Saad.. and I have little doubt that one of Kruger or Pirri could produce at a 40ish point-pace as Chicago's 2nd line centre whenever the NHL starts up. Kruger had 27 points last year, splitting time between the 4th and 2nd line. And even if they don't, Chicago has alot of talented centre's in their pipeline that, unless they're acquring a more proven centre, they can wait while Kruger/Pirri stopgap.

I also must have missed the part where John Carlson became a shut-down Dman.. I'm not saying he's bad defensively, but ever since I first saw him in London, he's always been an offensive/puck-moving Dman.
I agree that Saad is much better than Galiev, but Johansson is much more proven and is a huge improvement over Kruger or Pirri. You're definitely right about Carlson in saying that he is a offensive/puck moving Dman, but he is pretty solid defensively.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:11 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
Crawford is the worst starting goaltender in the NHL, Neuvirth is definitely an upgrade.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Halpysback

Quote:

Johansson was the caps' 3rd highest point scorer last year (though Backstrom would have surpassed him if not for injury), scoring 46 points on a team that couldn't buy a goal. He's also good defensively and has gamebreaking speed that constantly catches the other team off guard. Between Sharp and Hossa I'd be very surprised if he's not a 60+ point scorer, while also making that the fastest line in the league.

Carlson plays on the Caps shutdown pairing even though he's the puckmoving half. He doesn't skate the puck much, just has a good outlet pass, good shot and good offensive instincts. Since he doesn't roam he's generally in position defensively and plays defense aggressively. Very comparable to Weber in style though obviously not as good yet.

Neither Galiev nor Saad have great draft pedigree or proven much in the big leagues. Saad looks better but Galiev looks like he's developing into a solid top 6 player as well. I just find it funny how Johansson, who has actually been very impressive at the NHL level is brushed aside in comparisons with Kruger or Pirri, while Saad is put on some pedestal above Galiev despite not having anywhere near Johansson's NHL pedigree.

Old
12-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

There is no argument that Saad isn't a much better prospect than Galiev.

Old
12-10-2012, 06:20 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
It's not a fair statement to say that he's nowhere close.

Old
12-10-2012, 07:05 PM
TurdFerguson

Don't like it from Chicago's perspective. We lose the best looking player on our te- I mean best goal scorer.

TurdFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 07:07 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
It's not a fair statement to say that he's nowhere close.
I would not say that I don't like reading double negatives.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 07:21 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Crawford is the worst starting goaltender in the NHL, Neuvirth is definitely an upgrade.
And the year prior you would have said he was middle of the pack with potential to get better. Crawford had a bad year and the team played like **** defensively infront of him.. he's more than capable of bouncing back and despite only playing two seasons, he's a much more proven starting goaltender than Neuvirth..

And, P.S, Neuvirth had worse numbers than Crawford last year..

Quote:
Johansson was the caps' 3rd highest point scorer last year (though Backstrom would have surpassed him if not for injury), scoring 46 points on a team that couldn't buy a goal. He's also good defensively and has gamebreaking speed that constantly catches the other team off guard. Between Sharp and Hossa I'd be very surprised if he's not a 60+ point scorer, while also making that the fastest line in the league.
Problem is, Sharp's heading the other way in the deal. As I said, I like Johansson and I've love to add him to the Hawks.. but not while giving up Sharp and not with the amount of talented centre prospects Chicago has, with one having played last year in the NHL (Kruger) and another knocking on the door (Pirri).

Quote:
Carlson plays on the Caps shutdown pairing even though he's the puckmoving half. He doesn't skate the puck much, just has a good outlet pass, good shot and good offensive instincts. Since he doesn't roam he's generally in position defensively and plays defense aggressively. Very comparable to Weber in style though obviously not as good yet.
Again, not saying he's bad defensively.. was just pointing out he's not a shutdown Dman.

Quote:
Neither Galiev nor Saad have great draft pedigree or proven much in the big leagues. Saad looks better but Galiev looks like he's developing into a solid top 6 player as well. I just find it funny how Johansson, who has actually been very impressive at the NHL level is brushed aside in comparisons with Kruger or Pirri, while Saad is put on some pedestal above Galiev despite not having anywhere near Johansson's NHL pedigree.
Saad was touted as a top-10 pick during his draft season and up until the 2nd half of that year.. he fell because of a lingering injury and boucned back in a huge was last year. Galiev's a nice prospect, but every team in the league has a prospect like Galiev.. a great offensive player with questions about size, defensively play, etc.. not too many teams have a player with the size and talent of Saad.

I didn't mean to brush Johansson's NHL play aside.. but Kruger has played in the NHL and I expect him to have a solid jump in production this season, and he already has a near-30 point NHL seaon under his belt (he had the same amount of points as Johansson did in his rookie season).

Old
12-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
I would not say that I don't like reading double negatives.
Hey! He didn't say "no..."

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote