HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NHL Lockout XXVI: 57 Hockey Channels (And Nothin' On)

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2012, 08:46 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Rimer: "Do you regret anything you said?"
Hamrlik: "No. Not at all."

Pretty much the polar opposite of an apology.
Maybe it's just me but I sense he's become the spokesperson for the "other part of the union". He's not backing down and has given different interviews since getting back into Montreal. And he's continuing to practice with some former teammates of the Habs. One of them is Josh Gorges who keeps saying Hamrlik's uninformed. IDK if that is just code for Hamrlik hasn't been brainwashed by Don.

Old
12-11-2012, 08:55 AM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacOfNiagara View Post
Didnt ride the last one and dont plan on riding this one. Reading the play by play from the Fehr press conference it was way to clear where it was going.

I am convinced that the NHLPA want to hold out longer to 'get a better deal'. IMO they will drag it through until at least mid Jan.

I suspect there will be Thu and Fri meetings as well, with talks and tweets of traction and progress, and then it will collapse by the end of the weekend.
I don't think they'll be able to keep it going until mid January, as I think the season will be done by then if there's no deal. If and when that announcement comes, there won't be any meetings for a couple of months at least.

Old
12-11-2012, 08:55 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
Why do people keep throwing around a 48 game schedule for January 1st? The Jets are currently scheduled to play 49 games in those dates. Cancel the All Star weekend, extend the season two weeks and compress the schedule a bit and you have sixty games.
Yea they started a 48 game schedule on Jan 20th in 1995. If the season starts 3 weeks earlier, I can see a 55-60 game schedule happen.

Old
12-11-2012, 08:57 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
Yea they started a 48 game schedule on Jan 20th in 1995. If the season starts 3 weeks earlier, I can see a 55-60 game schedule happen.
A deal has to be done this week for a season to start on Dec 31st however. It might take 3-4 days to ratify the vote + an extra week for training camp.

Old
12-11-2012, 08:59 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
Couple of reasons, the arena's have to be booked in advance.

The Kings(just an example) have two NBA teams as well as concerts to schedule around.

The NHLPA is not going to ok playing more than 3 games in five nights(lot of fatigue and injuries).

If a Deal is not cut by January 1st, this season is over(personal opinion).

Old
12-11-2012, 09:00 AM
redwings8831

Quote:
Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski
Hear rumblings support staff called back/on standby for at least 2 NHL teams this week. Could be precautionary. "'Hopes, don't get up..."
https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/278511501030088704

Old
12-11-2012, 09:01 AM
Corsi Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Maybe it's just me but I sense he's become the spokesperson for the "other part of the union". He's not backing down and has given different interviews since getting back into Montreal. And he's continuing to practice with some former teammates of the Habs. One of them is Josh Gorges who keeps saying Hamrlik's uninformed. IDK if that is just code for Hamrlik hasn't been brainwashed by Don.
Hamrlik was right from the beginning, glad he didn't apologize.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Evil Magus Fehr cannot brainwash brave Roman the Paladin.

But he can brainwash Toews the Bard.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Corsi Close

Quote:
@SportsnetSpec: How we know the #NHL and #NHLPA are closing in on a deal...
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-l...pector_on_cba/

Old
12-11-2012, 09:04 AM
BruinsFan64

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwings8831 View Post
Unfortunately, we have heard this too many times before.....

When we find out that the TD Garden placed an order
for 40,000 hot dogs, then we will have something concrete

Old
12-11-2012, 09:05 AM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Why do people keep throwing around a 48 game schedule for January 1st? The Jets are currently scheduled to play 49 games in those dates. Cancel the All Star weekend, extend the season two weeks and compress the schedule a bit and you have sixty games.
4 games against all 14 conference opponents. That's 56 games. If they started in early January, and went to the end of April, that's 14 games a month. Then two months of playoffs.

That could get a little crazy. Western Conference teams might be dead by the end of it.

Or, 2 games against each of the 29 teams. That's 58 games though. Plus a league wide, 1-16 team free-for-all playoff. Everyone might be dead by then.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:06 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 844
This might be a dumb question, and one that has already been answered in several of the past threads, but here goes:

Let's just hypothetically say that the League and the Union come to an agreement on Wednesday (again, purely hypothetical). Is there something that prevents them from announcing that they have an Agreement in Principle, and then having Training Camp start while waiting for Ratification, etc?

Basically couldn't they say they have an Agreement in Principle and then start training camp while the voting is going on?

Old
12-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
4 games against all 14 conference opponents. That's 56 games. If they started in early January, and went to the end of April, that's 14 games a month. Then two months of playoffs.

That could get a little crazy. Western Conference teams might be dead by the end of it.

Or, 2 games against each of the 29 teams. That's 58 games though. Plus a league wide, 1-16 team free-for-all playoff. Everyone might be dead by then.
It will be 6 games between division rivals and the rest against conference teams. Whatever fits best with scheduling of the rinks.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Corsi Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
This might be a dumb question, and one that has already been answered in several of the past threads, but here goes:

Let's just hypothetically say that the League and the Union come to an agreement on Wednesday (again, purely hypothetical). Is there something that prevents them from announcing that they have an Agreement in Principle, and then having Training Camp start while waiting for Ratification, etc?

Basically couldn't they say they have an Agreement in Principle and then start training camp while the voting is going on?
Not dumb, and they will absolutely do this. Heck it may be months before the final contract gets ratified.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:13 AM
CerebralGenesis

Heard this song and dance last week too. Not convinced.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Bieksa#3

Eastern conference teams will have such a huge advantage over western conference teams if teams only play within their conference for the regular season.

The travel disparity between the two conferences will be massive and maybe really unfair advantage?

Old
12-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Lint07

Quote:
Actually you are right. The ultimate date to drop the puck for a 48-game season would be January 28. So keeping in mind that a 2 week period will be needed for players & staff to come back + the mini training camp, that means a deal has to be done on January 15 to make it in time.

This would mean that any deal signed prior to January 15 would equal more games added to this 48-game schedule.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:21 AM
DuklaNation

I guarantee I would destroy Gorges in a debate in under 5 minutes. Uninformed? Doesnt explain how? Total zombie mode.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Hanklite*
Bettman's Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Heard this song and dance last week too. Not convinced.
get yourself cooler, lay yourself low
coincidental agreeing, with nothing to show
with the Fehr, constipation will go to his head
and Bettman's aggravation, you're soon enough dead

it's the same old story, same old song and dance, this CBA
it's the same old story, same old song and dance, this CBA

Old
12-11-2012, 09:28 AM
FanSince2014
What'd He Say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Maybe it's just me but I sense he's become the spokesperson for the "other part of the union". He's not backing down and has given different interviews since getting back into Montreal. And he's continuing to practice with some former teammates of the Habs. One of them is Josh Gorges who keeps saying Hamrlik's uninformed.

IDK if that is just code for Hamrlik hasn't been brainwashed by Don.
Why ?

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:30 AM
FanSince2014
What'd He Say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post

Yes, I think they could have an Agreement in Principle and then start training camp while the voting is going on.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:32 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince2012 View Post
Yes, I think they could have an Agreement in Principle and then start training camp while the voting is going on.
Ok, then here's part 2 of that question.

Would that prevent the NHL from removing the lockout and actually starting games even if the new CBA hasn't been 100% voted for/ratified/whatever you call it?

Old
12-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Haj
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
Evil Magus Fehr cannot brainwash brave Roman the Paladin.

But he can brainwash Toews the Bard.
I thought dwarvish bards had natural resistance to control magic.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

This is like dating a supermodel.
We got all excited to go on the date... But she never came.
Now we are waiting for her to call us to ask for another date, but it's not coming..
Most of us have said "WHATEVER" and are not caring, because its a supermodel, she has better things to do.
Others still have hope... Hope that she will call and we can take her to Denny's.
And we are going to have a delicious Grand Slam meal... Ham, sausage links, their delicious hashbrowns, fluffy pancakes and this gorgeous model sitting beside us. Telling us how much she enjoys this moment and that she wants to go out with us for another 6 months before she has to leave to Paris.. But she promises she will be back in October...

Most of us have hope that she will call before the middle of January.. Because that Grand Slam is going to feel real lonely by ourselves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
I thought dwarvish bards had natural resistance to control magic.
I don't buy it! Dwarves are hardy and have a high constitution rating. Even as a bard their wisdom and intelligence is lacking.
He would be controlled by a snap of his fingers!

Old
12-11-2012, 09:35 AM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieksa#3 View Post
Eastern conference teams will have such a huge advantage over western conference teams if teams only play within their conference for the regular season.

The travel disparity between the two conferences will be massive and maybe really unfair advantage?
They could go with a schedule based on the proposed realignment.

7 team conference - 8 games against each team(48 games)
8 team conference - 7 games against 6 teams, 6 games against 1 team(48 games)

Playoffs are top 4 in each conference.

Closed Thread