HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NHL Lockout XXVI: 57 Hockey Channels (And Nothin' On)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-11-2012, 08:46 AM
  #251
swimmer77
Post Oates
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Rimer: "Do you regret anything you said?"
Hamrlik: "No. Not at all."

Pretty much the polar opposite of an apology.
Maybe it's just me but I sense he's become the spokesperson for the "other part of the union". He's not backing down and has given different interviews since getting back into Montreal. And he's continuing to practice with some former teammates of the Habs. One of them is Josh Gorges who keeps saying Hamrlik's uninformed. IDK if that is just code for Hamrlik hasn't been brainwashed by Don.

swimmer77 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 08:55 AM
  #252
tbcwpg
Registered User
 
tbcwpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacOfNiagara View Post
Didnt ride the last one and dont plan on riding this one. Reading the play by play from the Fehr press conference it was way to clear where it was going.

I am convinced that the NHLPA want to hold out longer to 'get a better deal'. IMO they will drag it through until at least mid Jan.

I suspect there will be Thu and Fri meetings as well, with talks and tweets of traction and progress, and then it will collapse by the end of the weekend.
I don't think they'll be able to keep it going until mid January, as I think the season will be done by then if there's no deal. If and when that announcement comes, there won't be any meetings for a couple of months at least.

tbcwpg is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 08:55 AM
  #253
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
Why do people keep throwing around a 48 game schedule for January 1st? The Jets are currently scheduled to play 49 games in those dates. Cancel the All Star weekend, extend the season two weeks and compress the schedule a bit and you have sixty games.
Yea they started a 48 game schedule on Jan 20th in 1995. If the season starts 3 weeks earlier, I can see a 55-60 game schedule happen.

HH is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 08:57 AM
  #254
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
Yea they started a 48 game schedule on Jan 20th in 1995. If the season starts 3 weeks earlier, I can see a 55-60 game schedule happen.
A deal has to be done this week for a season to start on Dec 31st however. It might take 3-4 days to ratify the vote + an extra week for training camp.

HH is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 08:59 AM
  #255
damacles1156
Moderator
 
damacles1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 15,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
Yea they started a 48 game schedule on Jan 20th in 1995. If the season starts 3 weeks earlier, I can see a 55-60 game schedule happen.
Couple of reasons, the arena's have to be booked in advance.

The Kings(just an example) have two NBA teams as well as concerts to schedule around.

The NHLPA is not going to ok playing more than 3 games in five nights(lot of fatigue and injuries).

If a Deal is not cut by January 1st, this season is over(personal opinion).

damacles1156 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:00 AM
  #256
redwings8831
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski
Hear rumblings support staff called back/on standby for at least 2 NHL teams this week. Could be precautionary. "'Hopes, don't get up..."
https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/278511501030088704

redwings8831 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:01 AM
  #257
Corsi Close
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Maybe it's just me but I sense he's become the spokesperson for the "other part of the union". He's not backing down and has given different interviews since getting back into Montreal. And he's continuing to practice with some former teammates of the Habs. One of them is Josh Gorges who keeps saying Hamrlik's uninformed. IDK if that is just code for Hamrlik hasn't been brainwashed by Don.
Hamrlik was right from the beginning, glad he didn't apologize.

Corsi Close is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:02 AM
  #258
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
Evil Magus Fehr cannot brainwash brave Roman the Paladin.

But he can brainwash Toews the Bard.

Turrican* is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:03 AM
  #259
Corsi Close
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
@SportsnetSpec: How we know the #NHL and #NHLPA are closing in on a deal...
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-l...pector_on_cba/

Corsi Close is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:04 AM
  #260
BruinsFan64
Registered User
 
BruinsFan64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwings8831 View Post
Unfortunately, we have heard this too many times before.....

When we find out that the TD Garden placed an order
for 40,000 hot dogs, then we will have something concrete

BruinsFan64 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:05 AM
  #261
KingsFan7824
Registered User
 
KingsFan7824's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
Why do people keep throwing around a 48 game schedule for January 1st? The Jets are currently scheduled to play 49 games in those dates. Cancel the All Star weekend, extend the season two weeks and compress the schedule a bit and you have sixty games.
4 games against all 14 conference opponents. That's 56 games. If they started in early January, and went to the end of April, that's 14 games a month. Then two months of playoffs.

That could get a little crazy. Western Conference teams might be dead by the end of it.

Or, 2 games against each of the 29 teams. That's 58 games though. Plus a league wide, 1-16 team free-for-all playoff. Everyone might be dead by then.

KingsFan7824 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:06 AM
  #262
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 15,104
vCash: 844
This might be a dumb question, and one that has already been answered in several of the past threads, but here goes:

Let's just hypothetically say that the League and the Union come to an agreement on Wednesday (again, purely hypothetical). Is there something that prevents them from announcing that they have an Agreement in Principle, and then having Training Camp start while waiting for Ratification, etc?

Basically couldn't they say they have an Agreement in Principle and then start training camp while the voting is going on?

RockLobster is online now  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:08 AM
  #263
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 19,885
vCash: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
4 games against all 14 conference opponents. That's 56 games. If they started in early January, and went to the end of April, that's 14 games a month. Then two months of playoffs.

That could get a little crazy. Western Conference teams might be dead by the end of it.

Or, 2 games against each of the 29 teams. That's 58 games though. Plus a league wide, 1-16 team free-for-all playoff. Everyone might be dead by then.
It will be 6 games between division rivals and the rest against conference teams. Whatever fits best with scheduling of the rinks.

Habsawce is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:12 AM
  #264
Corsi Close
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
This might be a dumb question, and one that has already been answered in several of the past threads, but here goes:

Let's just hypothetically say that the League and the Union come to an agreement on Wednesday (again, purely hypothetical). Is there something that prevents them from announcing that they have an Agreement in Principle, and then having Training Camp start while waiting for Ratification, etc?

Basically couldn't they say they have an Agreement in Principle and then start training camp while the voting is going on?
Not dumb, and they will absolutely do this. Heck it may be months before the final contract gets ratified.

Corsi Close is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:13 AM
  #265
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,945
vCash: 500
Heard this song and dance last week too. Not convinced.

CerebralGenesis is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:16 AM
  #266
Bieksa#3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 583
vCash: 500
Eastern conference teams will have such a huge advantage over western conference teams if teams only play within their conference for the regular season.

The travel disparity between the two conferences will be massive and maybe really unfair advantage?

Bieksa#3 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:17 AM
  #267
Lint07
Registered User
 
Lint07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
Why do people keep throwing around a 48 game schedule for January 1st? The Jets are currently scheduled to play 49 games in those dates. Cancel the All Star weekend, extend the season two weeks and compress the schedule a bit and you have sixty games.
Actually you are right. The ultimate date to drop the puck for a 48-game season would be January 28. So keeping in mind that a 2 week period will be needed for players & staff to come back + the mini training camp, that means a deal has to be done on January 15 to make it in time.

This would mean that any deal signed prior to January 15 would equal more games added to this 48-game schedule.

Lint07 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:21 AM
  #268
DuklaNation
Registered User
 
DuklaNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,841
vCash: 500
I guarantee I would destroy Gorges in a debate in under 5 minutes. Uninformed? Doesnt explain how? Total zombie mode.

DuklaNation is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:27 AM
  #269
Hanklite*
Bettman's Bro
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: TO
Country: Canada
Posts: 996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Heard this song and dance last week too. Not convinced.
get yourself cooler, lay yourself low
coincidental agreeing, with nothing to show
with the Fehr, constipation will go to his head
and Bettman's aggravation, you're soon enough dead

it's the same old story, same old song and dance, this CBA
it's the same old story, same old song and dance, this CBA

Hanklite* is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:28 AM
  #270
FanSince2014
What'd He Say?
 
FanSince2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Maybe it's just me but I sense he's become the spokesperson for the "other part of the union". He's not backing down and has given different interviews since getting back into Montreal. And he's continuing to practice with some former teammates of the Habs. One of them is Josh Gorges who keeps saying Hamrlik's uninformed.

IDK if that is just code for Hamrlik hasn't been brainwashed by Don.
Why ?

I think you hit the nail on the head.

FanSince2014 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:30 AM
  #271
FanSince2014
What'd He Say?
 
FanSince2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
This might be a dumb question, and one that has already been answered in several of the past threads, but here goes:

Let's just hypothetically say that the League and the Union come to an agreement on Wednesday (again, purely hypothetical). Is there something that prevents them from announcing that they have an Agreement in Principle, and then having Training Camp start while waiting for Ratification, etc?

Basically couldn't they say they have an Agreement in Principle and then start training camp while the voting is going on?
Yes, I think they could have an Agreement in Principle and then start training camp while the voting is going on.

FanSince2014 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:32 AM
  #272
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 15,104
vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince2012 View Post
Yes, I think they could have an Agreement in Principle and then start training camp while the voting is going on.
Ok, then here's part 2 of that question.

Would that prevent the NHL from removing the lockout and actually starting games even if the new CBA hasn't been 100% voted for/ratified/whatever you call it?

RockLobster is online now  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:32 AM
  #273
Haj
#CatsAreComing
 
Haj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
Evil Magus Fehr cannot brainwash brave Roman the Paladin.

But he can brainwash Toews the Bard.
I thought dwarvish bards had natural resistance to control magic.

Haj is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:35 AM
  #274
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
This is like dating a supermodel.
We got all excited to go on the date... But she never came.
Now we are waiting for her to call us to ask for another date, but it's not coming..
Most of us have said "WHATEVER" and are not caring, because its a supermodel, she has better things to do.
Others still have hope... Hope that she will call and we can take her to Denny's.
And we are going to have a delicious Grand Slam meal... Ham, sausage links, their delicious hashbrowns, fluffy pancakes and this gorgeous model sitting beside us. Telling us how much she enjoys this moment and that she wants to go out with us for another 6 months before she has to leave to Paris.. But she promises she will be back in October...

Most of us have hope that she will call before the middle of January.. Because that Grand Slam is going to feel real lonely by ourselves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
I thought dwarvish bards had natural resistance to control magic.
I don't buy it! Dwarves are hardy and have a high constitution rating. Even as a bard their wisdom and intelligence is lacking.
He would be controlled by a snap of his fingers!

Turrican* is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:35 AM
  #275
KingsFan7824
Registered User
 
KingsFan7824's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieksa#3 View Post
Eastern conference teams will have such a huge advantage over western conference teams if teams only play within their conference for the regular season.

The travel disparity between the two conferences will be massive and maybe really unfair advantage?
They could go with a schedule based on the proposed realignment.

7 team conference - 8 games against each team(48 games)
8 team conference - 7 games against 6 teams, 6 games against 1 team(48 games)

Playoffs are top 4 in each conference.

KingsFan7824 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.