HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Komisarek

Old
12-11-2012, 03:42 PM
cashman rules*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Was one of my fav Habs, but he lost his mojo after that Lucic fight, he was a intimidating player up until that fight.

Also playing with Markov helped him a lot, and the leafs never had that type of D-men to pair him with. Even in his prime, Kaberle was no where near as good as Markov is defensively is.

But I think everyone in Mtl is over him leaving so I wouldn't mind him as a 6th dmen
He was nothing and is nothing without Markov period!

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Godzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Was one of my fav Habs, but he lost his mojo after that Lucic fight, he was a intimidating player up until that fight.
I think this is key. He was never the same since, and then he took a second beating to Lucic at an attempt at a rematch where he was ragdolled and uppercut into obscurity in March of 2012.

Godzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:37 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman rules View Post
He was nothing and is nothing without Markov period!
That's a myth. Komisarek was very solid. Markov didn't make him lead the league in hits and blocked shots.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:43 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazeeEddie View Post

You were saying?

Sent from my iPhone
?

Suter tried to block the shot and kick it away.

Komi tried to go for a big hit, embarrassingly missed. then because hes so far out of position scrambles to get back to headbutt the puck in.

much worse.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:50 PM
darty

Honestly, the handful of games he played under Carlyle at the end of last season were among the best I've seen him play as a Leaf. Not saying I expect much from him or would care to see him resigned, but he's not the worst defenceman in the league and seems like a genuinely good person.

darty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:53 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by darty View Post
Honestly, the handful of games he played under Carlyle at the end of last season were among the best I've seen him play as a Leaf. Not saying I expect much from him or would care to see him resigned, but he's not the worst defenceman in the league and seems like a genuinely good person.
He was just a bad fit on the Leafs. Under Carlyle it may help. Looked like it did as you said. That was a small sample size though.

Old
12-11-2012, 08:35 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
That's a myth. Komisarek was very solid. Markov didn't make him lead the league in hits and blocked shots.
Markov is amazing at everything Komisarek can't do well, allowing Komisarek to focus at what he's good at (hitting and getting in front of pucks). On top of that Markov was also very efficient in his own zone and rarely took risks unless the situation was particularily dire. In other words Markov covered very efficiently for Komisarek offensively AND defensively if Komo decided to get out of position to lay a big hit (which he did very often). I'm sure Komisarek could have lead the league in hits and blocked shots paired with someone else than Markov but it would have had to be another all-star defensemen.

Its revisionism on your part to claim all of that is a myth. Habs fans knew all this well before he was signed to Toronto, most wanted to keep him but only because he was a good complement to our no1 defensemen.

The only time he's ever looked like a great hockey player is beside Markov, he was a slow developing prospect before he played with him, a liability when he did not and he has been disappointing in Toronto, to say the least. Injuries only made the entire case worse.

In any case I'd either offer him an invite or at best a one year contract (which is usually what happens with frequently injured players that used to be decent. like Armstrong for instance).

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:37 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I'd like to see him come home to New York as the Rangers 6th defenseman. I think he'd be a perfect fit here at the right price.
Would not Long Island be home?

beauchamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:44 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post

You're funny...

beauchamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:46 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Markov is amazing at everything Komisarek can't do well, allowing Komisarek to focus at what he's good at (hitting and getting in front of pucks). On top of that Markov was also very efficient in his own zone and rarely took risks unless the situation was particularily dire. In other words Markov covered very efficiently for Komisarek offensively AND defensively if Komo decided to get out of position to lay a big hit (which he did very often). I'm sure Komisarek could have lead the league in hits and blocked shots paired with someone else than Markov but it would have had to be another all-star defensemen.

Its revisionism on your part to claim all of that is a myth. Habs fans knew all this well before he was signed to Toronto, most wanted to keep him but only because he was a good complement to our no1 defensemen.

The only time he's ever looked like a great hockey player is beside Markov, he was a slow developing prospect before he played with him, a liability when he did not and he has been disappointing in Toronto, to say the least. Injuries only made the entire case worse.

In any case I'd either offer him an invite or at best a one year contract (which is usually what happens with frequently injured players that used to be decent. like Armstrong for instance).
That's what most coaches do try in pairing guys up. Get two that can compliment each other. The fact is, Komisarek, before his injuries started, was very good at being a physical D-man.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
I like how people are projecting him at 1M$ for 1 year, yet there are fans of like 10 teams in the same thread saying their team could use him.

He'll get paid as a good bottom pairing defenseman. The money will depend how many years he gets imo.

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Rinzler

As others have said, Komi is a bad fit on the Leafs. The Leafs are a young team with speed & mobility whom are focused on transition and the rush. These aren't Komi's strengths.

He'd do well on a defensive team full of veterans I think.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 10:20 PM
leeaf83

Send a message via ICQ to leeaf83 Send a message via Yahoo to leeaf83
Quote:
Originally Posted by darty View Post
Yeah. Carlyle made the leafs better defensively but weaker offensively.But he at least put a system in, something Ron Wilson never seemed to do. If he bombs with Carlyle then by all means write him off but no reason he cant have a 3rd pairing role; as mentioned several non-leaf fans here would take him in that role on their club.

leeaf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 10:29 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFMAN99 View Post
He's not a bad defenseman, he's just overpaid.
No, he is a bad defenseman. He is a bad player if he was making $1 million a year. If their are buyouts he is a goner. Someone will sign him for a short term, short money deal because of lack of depth. The guy is AT BEST a #6/depth guy on a good team. On a bad team he is a #5/#6 guy.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 735
Can someone post that late goal against the sabres from late last year? Where all komi did was try to mash foligno's head into the ice? Friggin hilarious.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 11:44 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
I really like Komisarek's game. He just needs his salary cut in half.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 11:56 PM
frankthetank91

Wow didn't know so many would be interests. If you guys want you can get a headstart and have him even before UFA status, all for the low price of future considerations.

frankthetank91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 12:10 AM
HatTricK09

vCash: 50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMa8YjRNxWs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieCSl4BHhC0

These are the 2 highlights from him that I'll always remember

Edit: Still no idea on how to put YT vids on here.

HatTricK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTricK09 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMa8YjRNxWs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieCSl4BHhC0

These are the 2 highlights from him that I'll always remember

Edit: Still no idea on how to put YT vids on here.
For reference, copy everything in the links above after the equal sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
Wow didn't know so many would be interests. If you guys want you can get a headstart and have him even before UFA status, all for the low price of future considerations.
At his price, you couldn't pay me to take that contract.

Komisarek was a decent defenseman but since the Lucic incident, he is a shell of himself. I have no doubt a team will take him on a reclamation attempt at minimal salary. If he sees north of $1.5m, they overpaid.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 01:02 AM
Jax Teller

This summer, Komisarek will have 1-year left on his deal, with a 4.5 million cap-hit, with 3.5 million being made in actual money. Would anyone take a chance on him?

Jax Teller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 01:15 AM
nmbr_24

I just am having a little hard time understanding the people in this thread who are saying "he isn't bad, he is just overpaid".

He is overpaid and he is the #7 D on one of the worst defensive teams in the league in his time with them, he is bad. He is continually out of position, he can't handle the puck, he has no creativity and whether or not he is signed to a $4 million+ contract isn't going to make him any better.

Playing with Markov made him look better but he just has not been the same player since he injured his shoulder.

I am sure he can be a #7 D, maybe even a#5 or #6 on a bad team but he is going to be making near league minimum on a 2 way contract when he becomes an UFA or he will be overpaid again.

He might want to get out of the eastern conference this time though.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 03:47 AM
HappyGilmourr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
No question he's overpaid, but he's no where near as bad as fans believe him to be. He has disappointed in Toronto, but he's still very capable dman.
Nope

yes, he's extremely over paid, but take money out of the equation and he's still brutally bad. He has been the worse defensmen on our team the last few seasons, and that includes all the call ups. We couldn't send him down because of his contract and we had already sent Fingers 3.5 million to the Marlies. Putting komisarek in the minors would be bad business, if you start putting everyone in the minors you will soon find out no one will sign in FA. Ever since he lost that fight to Lucic he hasn't been the same d-man... he lost his intimidation factor which was what his game was based on. Komisarek has regressed so much he would have a hard time keeping up in the AHL. He's completely lost out there.

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 06:16 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
After his deal is up in a year (?) do you think he gets signed? By who and for how much
after the first beatdown at the hands of Lucic, he`s been irrelevant, he can`t keep up with this game IMO

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 07:45 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
Habs for 1.5 for a year or 2

problem is who gets tossed

left side
Markov
Gorges
Emelin
Kaberle (still has another year)
Tinordi
Beaulieu

right side
Subban

if they can get rid of Kaberle by year end, Komi could be a short term solution until the young prospects are ready to make the jump. Especially with the lack of Right D on the squad
Komi plays RD.......

And Gorges and Emelin can play both LD and RD

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 09:23 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
I really like Komisarek's game. He just needs his salary cut in half.
There is nothing to like about it his game. Even the hitting he does usually leaves him out of position. He's terrible at reading plays, slow, and with the puck on his stick you just cringe because you never know what'll happen next.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote