HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tomas Jurco?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-31-2012, 07:47 PM
  #1
patekilla
Registered User
 
patekilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 244
vCash: 500
Tomas Jurco?

Im just wondering what you guys on HF think about him half way through his first pro season with the griffins, currently he has 8pts in 27 games.

Im slightly dissapointed i was expecting more but im not sure how much TOI hes recieving or who his line mates are.

patekilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 07:55 PM
  #2
Claypool
Montreal is garbage.
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 500
I believe he started off on the third line and got promoted to the second a month or so ago.

He's simply not being relied upon for offense. He sometimes plays on the second PP unit. I have no doubt if he was on the first line with Nyquist and Tatar he'd have more points. Probably better he spend this year learning the ropes and getting stronger. He's also only 20.

Claypool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 07:57 PM
  #3
The Nose
#thefuture
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,851
vCash: 500
He's had some great flashes but hasn't shown the consistency offensively. It'll definitely improve over time.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 08:33 PM
  #4
Howard35
Registered User
 
Howard35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,269
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Its his first year in the AHL and he's VERY YOUNG.. give the kid some time to adjust to everything. He was playing in the "Q", where the style, game play and everything is different. His travel is longer and harder as is the talent. I think he's done just fine.

Howard35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 08:43 PM
  #5
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
He shows flashes with the hands and can peel away from the boards with the puck and make nice plays. But it's way early in his development.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 09:41 PM
  #6
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable
 
Guru Meditation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,819
vCash: 500
He's probably a 3 year guy. The first year just to realize what the AHL is about, the second year to get some production going, and the third year to really show what he's got.

Guru Meditation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 11:01 PM
  #7
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
If I'm not mistaken, Tatar did not have a stellar performance in his first year, either... Give it some time. Wait till next year. Let him develop and get more responsibilities.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 12:53 AM
  #8
patekilla
Registered User
 
patekilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 244
vCash: 500
Yeah I kinda forgot how young he actually is. so what do you guys project him to become in the future top line guy or 2nd - 3rd line guy? I think its too early to tell but i do think he has a high ceiling.

patekilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 01:06 AM
  #9
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Tatar did not have a stellar performance in his first year, either... Give it some time. Wait till next year. Let him develop and get more responsibilities.
In 58 games he had 32 points and he hit a wall in the second half. He was more impressive. I don't think Jurco has looked terrible but he still doesn't look very comfortable at this level. Looking forward to seeing him in person next weekend, you can see a little bit more when you're doing that.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 07:06 AM
  #10
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 12,267
vCash: 500
1-2 more years depending on his developing (more like 2 right now). He might play 10-15 games during the 13-14 season, but he has a long way to go to be a full-time NHL'er

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 08:20 AM
  #11
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 9,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie Hurdler View Post
He's probably a 3 year guy. The first year just to realize what the AHL is about, the second year to get some production going, and the third year to really show what he's got.
This.

I wonder what happens if/when the NHL starts. Nyquist will go up, who will be promoted to the 1st line?

Jurco or Pare from 2nd line wing, or Ferraro from 3rd?

Andersson and Sheahan are quite locked as 1-2 center punch.

Henkka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 08:42 AM
  #12
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
In 58 games he had 32 points and he hit a wall in the second half. He was more impressive. I don't think Jurco has looked terrible but he still doesn't look very comfortable at this level. Looking forward to seeing him in person next weekend, you can see a little bit more when you're doing that.
I think it should be pointed out that Tatar had a full season playing against men (including several games for Slovakia in international tournaments) before he came to the AHL, so it was a bit of a different situation than with Jurčo, who´s having his first contact with men´s hockey in the AHL.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 08:51 AM
  #13
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 9,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
I think it should be pointed out that Tatar had a full season playing against men (including several games for Slovakia in international tournaments) before he came to the AHL, so it was a bit of a different situation than with Jurčo, who´s having his first contact with men´s hockey in the AHL.
Should the Jurco's name be spelled like "Jurt-zo" as I've heard? Too bad american broadcasters use "Jrr-ko" -version, that is pretty much wrong?

What impresses me in Tatar, he hasn't ever been injured during his four years in AHL. Besides AHL, he has been playing everywhere, NHL, WJC, WHC, started this season at Piestany. His only missed AHL games are because of NHL or WJC.

What I keep also as meaningful role at Tatar, he will be very important tutor for Jurco as an experienced Griffin. What Jurco learns this year, he can tutor Tvrdon at next year, when Tatar jumps to NHL. The knowledge flows on and on. This slovakian connection is very important for those guys, imo. It just eases the jump in for every guy.

Henkka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 06:32 AM
  #14
slovakiasnextone
Registered User
 
slovakiasnextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Should the Jurco's name be spelled like "Jurt-zo" as I've heard? Too bad american broadcasters use "Jrr-ko" -version, that is pretty much wrong?

What impresses me in Tatar, he hasn't ever been injured during his four years in AHL. Besides AHL, he has been playing everywhere, NHL, WJC, WHC, started this season at Piestany. His only missed AHL games are because of NHL or WJC.

What I keep also as meaningful role at Tatar, he will be very important tutor for Jurco as an experienced Griffin. What Jurco learns this year, he can tutor Tvrdon at next year, when Tatar jumps to NHL. The knowledge flows on and on. This slovakian connection is very important for those guys, imo. It just eases the jump in for every guy.
There´s the letter č in his name, which is pronounced somewhat like ch or tch at the beginning of a word in English.
I´m not quite sure how to explain this in written way, so video here (around 00:26)


slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 08:26 AM
  #15
loojay
Registered User
 
loojay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
There´s the letter č in his name, which is pronounced somewhat like ch or tch at the beginning of a word in English.
I´m not quite sure how to explain this in written way, so video here (around 00:26)

Kinda sounds like "yer-SHOW" to me.

loojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 01:53 PM
  #16
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 12,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loojay View Post
Kinda sounds like "yer-SHOW" to me.
More like yer-TCHO (unless you pronounce the word 'show' differently)

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.