HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

HossTheBoss' Mock Draft 2013

Old
12-14-2012, 10:16 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
HossTheBoss' Mock Draft 2013

I believe this is my first ever attempt at a mock, using the draft-simulator here:http://timgur.com/nhl/draft/index#

So, here we go:

1st Overall: ISLANDERS - Nathan MacKinnon, F; BPA, I think they could use Jones more, but MacKinnon will be hard to pass up on and with Griffin Reinhart taken 3rd overall last year, they go with Mac.

2nd Overall: CAPITALS - Seth Jones, D; The best Dman in the draft and a 1B to Nathan MacKinnon. He's a huge, great skating, and extremely intelligent Dman.

3rd Overall: FLAMES - Aleksander Barkov, C; Big and extremely talented. Putting up great numbers, as a 17-year-old, in a men's league. A little late for Iginla, but a centre you can build a team around.

4th Overall: HURRICANES - Jonathan Drouin, F; MacKinnon's running mate, but he's much more than that. A a very creative offensive forward with great hands and a read for the game. Not big but he's very elusive and his hockey IQ is outstanding.

5th Overall: BRUINS - Sean Monahan, C; Big, strong, responsible and very dangerous with the puck on his stick. Despite being cut at Canada's WJC camp, Head Coach Steve Spott called his hockey sense "At and NHL level" right now.

6th Overall: BLACKHAWKS - Elias Lindholm, F; Extremely smart centre who excells at both ends of the rink. Performing very well in the SEL, easily (IMO) the BPA at this point. Great hockey sense and vision.

7th Overall: CANADIENS - Hunter Shinkaruk, F; Great offensive player with speed to burn. Great shooter and playmaker. Dangerous from anywhere on the ice.

8th Overall: AVALANCHE - Ryan Pulock, D; Perhaps the best PP QB in the draft. Has an excellent shot from the point and vision. A well-rounded offensive player and capable in his own zone aswell.

9th Overall: JETS - Rasmus Ristolainen, D; A very well-rounded Dman. Very good at both ends of the rink. The Jets took Jacob Trouba last year, but it'd be hard to pass on Ristolainen at this spot.

10th Overall: WILD - Andre Burakovsky, F; The rich get richer. A very good offensive player with great hands and playmaking ability, able to finish plays off aswell.

11th Overall: LIGHTNING - Valeri Nichushkin, F

12th Overall: MAPLE LEAFS - Curtis Lazar, F

13th Overall: BLUES - Nikita Zadorov, D

14th Overall: PANTHERS - Darnell Nurse, D

15th Overall: DEVILS - Zach Fucale, G

16th Overall: BLUE JACKETS - Max Domi, F

17th Overall: DUCKS - Anthony Mantha, F

18th Overall: SHARKS - Josh Morrissey, D

19th Overall: STARS - Kerby Rychel, F

20th Overall: BLUE JACKETS (via NYR) - Adam Erne, F

21st Overall: BLUE JACKETS (via LAK) - Robert Hagg, D

22nd Overall: RED WINGS - Anthony Duclair, F

23rd Overall: SABRES - Artturi Lehkonen, F

24th Overall: PENGUINS - William Carrier , F

25th Overall: SENATORS - Keaton Thompson, D

26th Overall: CANUCKS - Morgan Klimchuk, F

27th Overall: FLYERS - Spencer Martin, G

28th Overall: PREDATORS - Alex Wennberg, F

29th Overall: OILERS - Jason Dickinson, F

30th Overall: COYOTES - Frederik Gauthier, F

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 10:21 PM
bigbadbruins7

woudl absolutely be ecstatic if the bruins somehow got monahan

bigbadbruins7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 02:31 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Mantha's not bad but I'd much rather see the Ducks take Erne if he's available.

As for the rest, Gauthier is too low and Burakowsky is too high.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Pretty solid. Personally I'd switch Ristolainen and Nichushkin based on need; The Jets have a very solid blueline but need a creative, dynamic forward like Nichushkin, while Tampa Bay need a potential number 1 dman. I don't think their talent is that far apart.

Also, for Vancouver, I think I'd prefer Dickinson to Klimchuk based on other people's opinions, but I haven't seen much of either.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 08:02 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 View Post
woudl absolutely be ecstatic if the bruins somehow got monahan
^i'd PUKE if the Bruins got into the top 5!! and the Hawks at #6 for that matter. couldn't be 2 less deserving franchises for top 6 picks than these two. meanwhile, Columbus gets shafted again...all 3 of their picks end up being mid round.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 01:18 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
I like Morrissey, but I'd rather Duclair, Erne, or Lehkonen.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 01:28 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
^i'd PUKE if the Bruins got into the top 5!! and the Hawks at #6 for that matter. couldn't be 2 less deserving franchises for top 6 picks than these two. meanwhile, Columbus gets shafted again...all 3 of their picks end up being mid round.
Really.

I'm tired of watching crappy teams year after year get high end talents only to rush them along.

Thats why I like the snake draft in a lottery format...I'd actually prefer a snake draft every year.

Sick of seeing last place teams rewarded for ineptitude.

arsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 08:19 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

really. rushed along? if an 18 year old is judged by professionals running a major sports team and professional scouts to be NHL ready, how exactly has the player been "rushed"? and you don't send a player back to junior because he's perceived to be "too small". how does that HELP his development? Nugent-Hopkins proved he belonged in the NHL and was runner up for Rookie Of The Year....he was hardly "rushed"!

even though the draft was designed to help the weaker teams try to compete, you'd like to see Detroit, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Boston, Philly and New York get high draft picks every year? doesn't seem fair to the teams that need help the most does it? and the above teams have the advantage of being able to sign star UFA's or trade for star players that won't sign or agree to be traded to places like Columbus or Edmonton. and PLEASE, stop with this garbage about how the Oilers or any other team have "intentionally" been trying to lose! that's total BS. maybe on video games you can make instant winners, but during a FULL rebuild like the Oilers have had, winning just takes a painfully long time. the fact that the Oilers say they still need a top end center and top end defenceman proves this.

Last edited by ManByng: 12-19-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old
12-19-2012, 02:48 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Really.

I'm tired of watching crappy teams year after year get high end talents only to rush them along.

Thats why I like the snake draft in a lottery format...I'd actually prefer a snake draft every year.

Sick of seeing last place teams rewarded for ineptitude.
And I suppose we should throw them into a pit of never ending ineptitude and allow the top teams to retain glory for the next few decades right? Give me a ****ing break. I'm sure if you could have it your way, there would be no snake draft and you'd punish the bottom teams by having the current draft system reversed.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 02:57 PM
bigbadbruins7

Quote:
really. rushed along? if an 18 year old is judged by professionals running a major sports team and professional scouts to be NHL ready, how exactly has the player been "rushed"? and you don't send a player back to junior because he's perceived to be "too small". how does that HELP his development? Nugent-Hopkins proved he belonged in the NHL and was runner up for Rookie Of The Year....he was hardly "rushed"!

even though the draft was designed to help the weaker teams try to compete, you'd like to see Detroit, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Boston, Philly and New York get high draft picks every year? doesn't seem fair to the teams that need help the most does it? and the above teams have the advantage of being able to sign star UFA's or trade for star players that won't sign or agree to be traded to places like Columbus or Edmonton. and PLEASE, stop with this garbage about how the Oilers or any other team have "intentionally" been trying to lose! that's total BS. maybe on video games you can make instant winners, but during a FULL rebuild like the Oilers have had, winning just takes a painfully long time. the fact that the Oilers say they still need a top end center and top end defenceman proves this.
if you want to blame someone for the bruins having high draft picks recently blame brian burke. Not the Bruins fault that they made a good deal and the Leafs ended up sucking

Old
12-19-2012, 03:09 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 View Post
if you want to blame someone for the bruins having high draft picks recently blame brian burke. Not the Bruins fault that they made a good deal and the Leafs ended up sucking
i'm not saying that, but a snake draft every year will not help the teams that need the draft the most...the bad ones! i know Burke always wants to make a splash whenever he can, but i actually laughed my arse off that Burke was DUMB enough to trade so much just for Phil Kessel....picks that turned out to be Tyler Seguin, Dougie Hamilton and Jared Knight if i'm not mistaken? no, whether some feel it's unfair or not, or whether the PERCEPTION that some teams are intentionally tanking in order to get high picks every year, and i don't buy into that BS sorry, the bad teams should still be the ones picking high unless they trade the pick.

Old
12-19-2012, 04:04 PM
bigbadbruins7

Quote:
i'm not saying that, but a snake draft every year will not help the teams that need the draft the most...the bad ones! i know Burke always wants to make a splash whenever he can, but i actually laughed my arse off that Burke was DUMB enough to trade so much just for Phil Kessel....picks that turned out to be Tyler Seguin, Dougie Hamilton and Jared Knight if i'm not mistaken? no, whether some feel it's unfair or not, or whether the PERCEPTION that some teams are intentionally tanking in order to get high picks every year, and i don't buy into that BS sorry, the bad teams should still be the ones picking high unless they trade the pick.
i do agree. it sounded like you were criticizing general managers of good teams that had made smart decisions which led to them having high picks. my mistake

Old
12-19-2012, 04:36 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

^no sweat, but Burkie really did set the Bruins up quite nicely for the future, didn't he? with that one trade helping the Bruins depth, i wonder how many Stanley Cup's the Bruins will win in the future?

Old
12-20-2012, 04:44 PM
capitalsrock

I would be the happiest person on the earth if the caps got Seth Jones

Carlson-Alzner
Jones-Green

OH MY!

capitalsrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Bloodhound
Regular User

Does anyone think that Juuso Ikonen has a chance to go in the 1st round?
I think he must be at least a 2nd round prospect, am I wrong here?

Bloodhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Morlesio14*

Ok with Lazar but in a position like that I actually think the leafs will take Domi

Morlesio14* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Greeningfan14

I've never heard of Keaton Thompson

Greeningfan14 is online now   Reply With Quote