HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Continued from...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1209735

Old
12-11-2012, 03:23 PM
sbrug

London could use another scorer. Besides Griffith and sometimes Domi, a lot of the team has trouble sniping and score their goals by cycling and outworking the other team. Not sure what Sarnia is doing but Boucher would not be cheap.

Old
12-11-2012, 03:59 PM
KnightsInsider93

Platzer and Welychka practicing on D.

It amazes me how the Knight have 9 Defense on their roster, not even including Centorame and Di Lorenzo, and they still have to practice forwards on defense.

Old
12-11-2012, 05:00 PM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Platzer and Welychka practicing on D.

It amazes me how the Knight have 9 Defense on their roster, not even including Centorame and Di Lorenzo, and they still have to practice forwards on defense.
It blows my mind. It happens every year and I think it looks silly. London doesn't have the greatest record when it comes to developing defense and IMO it starts with this.

Old
12-11-2012, 05:04 PM
KnightRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
It blows my mind. It happens every year and I think it looks silly. London doesn't have the greatest record when it comes to developing defense and IMO it starts with this.
It does seem silly, but who am I to criticize the best run team in the OHL. It seems to me whatever decisions they do make, work out for them in the long run. They focus on wins. Since the Hunters took over this team, has anyone done it better?

I know I'm not going to question their decisions!

Old
12-11-2012, 05:14 PM
KnightsInsider93

I look at Mississauga, They should decide to rebuild and are currently running with 9 defense. Ship someone like Leroux and a pick for a depth guy like Londoner Dylan Demelo or Alex Cord.

Some other teams who should be selling Defense include Plymouth and Saginaw who also currently have 9. However Erie (6) are also in desperate need of a depth defense.

Old
12-11-2012, 05:22 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
I look at Mississauga, They should decide to rebuild and are currently running with 9 defense. Ship someone like Leroux and a pick for a depth guy like Londoner Dylan Demelo or Alex Cord.

Some other teams who should be selling Defense include Plymouth and Saginaw who also currently have 9. However Erie (6) are also in desperate need of a depth defense.
Forget Leroux and a pick for DeMelo or Cord,it will cost more then that,especially Demelo
Would cost Pawley and a pick minimum,close to the same for Cord
Leroux nothing more then a 19 year old slug who cant play in the O on a reg basis

Old
12-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Rubbers29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Forget Leroux and a pick for DeMelo or Cord,it will cost more then that,especially Demelo
Leroux nothing more then a 19 year old slug who cant play in the O on a reg basis
You think they would turn down Leroux (which I agree with), but would take London's lowest scoring, often healthy scratched forward for their best D-Man? sounds about right for a Mark Hunter deal

Old
12-11-2012, 06:02 PM
sbrug

Quote:
London doesn't have the greatest record when it comes to developing defense and IMO it starts with this.
You mean the same team who has not 1, not 2 but 3 defenceman at WJC camps?

Old
12-11-2012, 06:04 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
I was thinking the same thing

Old
12-11-2012, 06:05 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbers29 View Post
You think they would turn down Leroux (which I agree with), but would take London's lowest scoring, often healthy scratched forward for their best D-Man? sounds about right for a Mark Hunter deal
If they decide to rebuild, yes i think they would do that.
Cord could not come without an OA going the other way.
Demelo, who only has one year left, should not be too tough to acquire.

Pawley who has 3 more years & a pick (4th) would get the job done for me if I were James Boyd

Old
12-11-2012, 06:08 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Agreed, and that's at minimum.

Why are people freaking out over the defence? You want Hunter to make a trade right now just to preserve this streak that will end anyway? You have to look long term, everyone sees that London just lost 4 of their top 5 D in one foul swoop, so they would force Hunter's hand and make him overpay for someone right now. That is dumb from London's view and short sighted.

Old
12-11-2012, 06:18 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbers29 View Post
Note I said Pawley and a pick minimum,i would ask for more
As for Pawley he is stuck on a team with a lot of forwards,he would put up decent numbers if he were on a different team

Old
12-11-2012, 07:54 PM
dino200022

I think with the emergence of liberati there is no panic. I have a feeling zadorov could come back but not a for sure obviously. That would make a decent top 4?

Old
12-11-2012, 09:01 PM
massey

Quote:
Agreed, and that's at minimum.

Why are people freaking out over the defence? You want Hunter to make a trade right now just to preserve this streak that will end anyway? You have to look long term, everyone sees that London just lost 4 of their top 5 D in one foul swoop, so they would force Hunter's hand and make him overpay for someone right now. That is dumb from London's view and short sighted.
Am I missing something.I have watched about 12 games.People on here freaking out about loosing their D men for a week or 2.They are sitting in an awesum position in the standings.Hunters will get 120 % out of the remaining players as usual.Already practicing some forwards back there also.Hearing complaints about not good enough goaltending.Did I miss something or are your stats wrong.Awesum pair of goalies ALL teams would die for.Yes Ballie maybe not pretty to watch but gets the job done.U have the D to compensate on the rebounds.Hunters have the smarts and wont make many bad moves.They have ALL these players playing close to their potential and improving every game.Congrats to you guys and the Knights on your scoring streak.

Old
12-12-2012, 07:11 AM
JL17

Quote:
Moved up in the Euro draft to get 2 of them... not really developing them aside from them being here, they came already packaged with the talent. Harrington IMO is a great shutdown D-man but has regressed on the offensive side of the puck.

The ones London has pushed thru here were brought in as top prospects... not mid to late rounders that nobody has ever heard of.

Someone is out to lunch again thinking Leroux will get you something that means something to this team.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:45 AM
dino200022

Quote:
Moved up in the Euro draft to get 2 of them... not really developing them aside from them being here, they came already packaged with the talent. Harrington IMO is a great shutdown D-man but has regressed on the offensive side of the puck.

The ones London has pushed thru here were brought in as top prospects... not mid to late rounders that nobody has ever heard of.

Someone is out to lunch again thinking Leroux will get you something that means something to this team.
Might get a lunchbox and a 15h rounder for him??? More useful to us then getting nothing for him.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:23 AM
sbrug

Quote:
They moved up in the Euro draft to get Maatta by trading picks and a defenceman, Reid McNeill who no one had ever heard of, never drafted into the O and now he's in the AHL, largely due to the Hunters. They had the picks to make trades for Maatta, Zadorov, McKegg, and Watson because of the 2011 sell off. They managed to get 3 second round picks for D'Orazio who would never have fetched anywhere close to that if Hunter didn't trade for him. They picked up Tommy Hughes as a free agent and now he's on the #1 shutdown pairing with Harrington. They signed Mike Moffat as a free agent and turned him into a third round pick. He's now Kingston's #1 D. They drafted Raine after he's already been passed over in his first year and they've gotten quite a bit out of him. I doubt Carlson and Del Zotto make the NHL as quick as they did had they not played in London. And I doubt that Maatta gets drafted that high had he not come to London and Zadorov probably doesn't get the recognition right now if he stayed in Russia. So compared to the rest of the O, London does a pretty good job in developing their D, as they do with the rest of their players.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
They moved up in the Euro draft to get Maatta by trading picks and a defenceman, Reid McNeill who no one had ever heard of, never drafted into the O and now he's in the AHL, largely due to the Hunters. They had the picks to make trades for Maatta, Zadorov, McKegg, and Watson because of the 2011 sell off. They managed to get 3 second round picks for D'Orazio who would never have fetched anywhere close to that if Hunter didn't trade for him. They picked up Tommy Hughes as a free agent and now he's on the #1 shutdown pairing with Harrington. They signed Mike Moffat as a free agent and turned him into a third round pick. He's now Kingston's #1 D. They drafted Raine after he's already been passed over in his first year and they've gotten quite a bit out of him. I doubt Carlson and Del Zotto make the NHL as quick as they did had they not played in London. And I doubt that Maatta gets drafted that high had he not come to London and Zadorov probably doesn't get the recognition right now if he stayed in Russia. So compared to the rest of the O, London does a pretty good job in developing their D, as they do with the rest of their players.
....and given all of the above they get kids like Domi falling into their lap! Blueprint for success....

Old
12-12-2012, 12:32 PM
aresknights

Point ..... Wrister

Old
12-12-2012, 12:38 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
....and given all of the above they get kids like Domi falling into their lap! Blueprint for success....
Not sure he just fell into their lap. They paid the going rate for a 1st round non signed kid. 3 2nds acquired thru sell offs the 2 yrs previous. Mark put himself in a flexible position with tons of assets. Nothing is free or given or fallin into ur lap. Hard work pays off a bit also. Gotta thank Gilmour for that one. He took Domi knowing he'd flip him to London and we got Bo at #9. Couple great kids to build around.

Last edited by aresknights: 12-12-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old
12-12-2012, 01:45 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Not sure he just fell into their lap. They paid the going rate for a 1st round non signed kid. 3 2nds acquired thru sell offs the 2 yrs previous. Mark put himself in a flexible position with tons of assets. Nothing is free or given or fallin into ur lap. Hard work pays off a bit also. Gotta thank Gilmour for that one. He took Domi knowing he'd flip him to London and we got Bo at #9. Couple great kids to build around.
Gilmour had it all planned out to the T. He knew Tie didn't want Max playing on Kingston but he was going to pick him 10 times out of 10. And it worked out in his favour, they had a stellar 2012 OHL draft. Very solid up incoming prospects.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Perhaps I didn't articulate myself properly......Domi went to London given the development that was mentioned previously, the pro-like atmosphere created by the Hunter's.

Agreed they needed the assets to do the deal, but Domi wouldn't have gone anywhere else, if not for above given his dad's buddy Gilmour was rebuilding Kingston, and Max would have been one of the centrepieces.

Old
12-12-2012, 03:41 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Gilmour had it all planned out to the T. He knew Tie didn't want Max playing on Kingston but he was going to pick him 10 times out of 10. And it worked out in his favour, they had a stellar 2012 OHL draft. Very solid up incoming prospects.
I totally agree. It worked out for both, no doubts. Gilmour took Domi when others coulda had the 3 2nds. Good move. Heard a story bout draft day, the Kingston war room during and immediately after that pick. I still chuckle and would love to have been a fly on the wall when the pick was made and the subsequent immediate phone calls for Dougy came thru . As I said win/win.

I get what ur saying as well crottenham.

Old
12-12-2012, 03:50 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Perhaps I didn't articulate myself properly......Domi went to London given the development that was mentioned previously, the pro-like atmosphere created by the Hunter's.

Agreed they needed the assets to do the deal, but Domi wouldn't have gone anywhere else, if not for above given his dad's buddy Gilmour was rebuilding Kingston, and Max would have been one of the centrepieces.
It was between Kitchener and London

Closed Thread