HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Defensive Forward

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
This truly is bizarro world with London fans thinking they can get these great players for nothing. Kitchener would have no use for Baille they already have Palazzesse in net and Moylan could back him up. There are definitely health concerns with Herbst which means buyer beware. Then you're left with Pawley, Jammes and picks for Gibson?

Well we are it how about
Platzer and picks for Gibson
Welychka, Jammes and picks for Trocheck
Pawley, Liberati and picks for Monahan
Raine and picks for Corrado
Well, in the past we have got great players for a very low cost (Watson and McKegg). I think most Knights fans have faith in Mark Hunter and his ability to get great value in trades.

I'm not saying that he could get Gibson or Trocheck for the same value, but I won't underestimate Hunter.

Edit: I see I was beaten by Wrister... I need to stop thinking so much when I post.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
It's awful quiet on trade front so maybe teams have not decided to sell off yet.

The east is really wide open...Sudbury may still buy.

By this weekend we should here more closer rumours than the stuff floating around now. Some of its totally absorb I agree with you. Gibson...Monahan..your talking full Monty deals that hurt your core.....Domi would be asked for minimum...then add more....too pricey folks.
Seems to me until/if there is a deal in the NHL, OHL clubs with potential NHLers like Niagara with Strome and Hamilton will wait until the absolute last second to make a decision one way or the other.....both buyers and sellers.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:09 PM
dino200022

Having the nest goalie in the OHL between the pipes in Gibson would be a dream come true but realistically I would believe that there is close to a 99 percent maybe even 100 that Kitchener will not be doing a deal with the Knights anytime soon and if so London would not be able to ice a squad with how much Gibson would cost us from them after being fleeced on Mason haha. Gibson could go though since they have Franky Pal in net. I could see Niagara or Plymouth taking a run at him though.

Old
01-03-2013, 06:04 PM
H44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
I would have rather seen.... gulp... I can't believe I'm about to say this.... Dale Hunter behind the bench of Team Canada.

Now excuse me while I go shower the filth off of me... I feel dirty after admitting that.
You have had a couple of good lines in the last couple of days (must be the Eastern air). You are pretty lucky to watch Nate and Jon on a regular basis. I get out to Halifax several times a year - amazing changes in the last year - team-wise, fan-wise.

Old
01-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Krishna

Mermis is playing his first game today with the knights

Old
01-04-2013, 06:26 PM
aresknights

Hopefully his adjustment period isn't a long one. I'm sure hell get a nice welcome from the faithful at the "Gardens"
Welcome aboard

Old
01-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Well, tonight was a good way to start the next streak. A total dismantling of Saginaw. Griffith with the trick, and Mermis with his first ohl point (assist). He looked good. His skating is a bit odd though in that it looks like he takes half strides. Sees the ice really well and I think he fits into our top four D already quite nicely. We hit a crossbar and three posts too. Not to mention countless other scoring chances. This game could have been much worse than the score already was. Should be a tougher test tomorrow night as Franky P always steps up for these games. Kitchener will have to find some offence if they expect to keep pace though.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:51 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

I get a kick out of some fans thinking London is trying to trade scraps for sirloin. Let me break it down for you with the names mentioned.

Brett Welychka: Getting 2nd line minutes on the best team in the OHL...getting PP time...and top PK time. Any other team in the OHL he's 1st or 2nd line...debate if you want it's fact.

Kevin Raine: 6th D man on the best D corp in the OHL..some would argue CHL. Any other team in the O he's top 4 at the very least ...some would argue top 3....debate if you want it's fact.

Jacob Jammes: Can't get into London's lineup not because he's unskilled..just because of numbers and depth. Easily a 2nd or 3rd liner at 17 on many other OHL teams. Top prospect with tons of upside. Would fit on many other teams in the League not named London.

Now debate if you want what I've broke down..I could give a RA either way..but to say London is trying to fleece other GM's by pawning scraps is very uneducated.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:10 AM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
I get a kick out of some fans thinking London is trying to trade scraps for sirloin. Let me break it down for you with the names mentioned.

Brett Welychka: Getting 2nd line minutes on the best team in the OHL...getting PP time...and top PK time. Any other team in the OHL he's 1st or 2nd line...debate if you want it's fact.

Kevin Raine: 6th D man on the best D corp in the OHL..some would argue CHL. Any other team in the O he's top 4 at the very least ...some would argue top 3....debate if you want it's fact.

Jacob Jammes: Can't get into London's lineup not because he's unskilled..just because of numbers and depth. Easily a 2nd or 3rd liner at 17 on many other OHL teams. Top prospect with tons of upside. Would fit on many other teams in the League not named London.

Now debate if you want what I've broke down..I could give a RA either way..but to say London is trying to fleece other GM's by pawning scraps is very uneducated.
Well just to add another point to the story, just off the top of my head i would have to say 18 to 20 of our 25 man roster are London Knight draftees are they not? When u can draft that well and keep bringing in the skill year after year through the draft there are always expendable youngsters to trade away as well.

Old
01-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Snippit

If we do land another player, I hope they don't split up Domi and Griffith. Domi is finding him just as well as Namestnikov did.

Apparently, Monahan won't be moved. Graovac was just traded to Belleville. You have to think London won't take the risk of dealing with Niagara. If this team is trying to land another forward, who's available?

The only players I want at this point are Vince Trocheck and Josh Leivo. One or the other. Who else is there to get, anyways?

-Pancel
-Quine
-Greenaway
-Locke

Not particularly interested in any of those guys. I'm leaning towards Trocheck. If we can land both, that's great. I'm going to guess we only get one. Here's a potential line combo:

Trocheck-Domi-Griffith
Anderson-Broadhurst-Tierney
Horvat-Rupert-Rupert (they could be bumped up to 2nd line)
Elie-Ferry-Platzer

I doubt Ferry gets traded, and there's no room for him on D. Guessing Jammes and Welychka get moved.

As for Gibson talks, I have faith in Patterson. He's done a great job this year, and has a good D in front of him.

Old
01-05-2013, 03:37 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino200022 View Post
Well just to add another point to the story, just off the top of my head i would have to say 18 to 20 of our 25 man roster are London Knight draftees are they not? When u can draft that well and keep bringing in the skill year after year through the draft there are always expendable youngsters to trade away as well.
True. I wouldnt hesitate to add Platzer + Pawley to this list.

Old
01-05-2013, 03:59 PM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
True. I wouldnt hesitate to add Platzer + Pawley to this list.
Exactly my point, when u draft that well and have so much depth it allows you to make those kind of deals to contend year in and out. It is a pretty simple equation really haha. Pays to scout your ass off I guess eh!

Old
01-05-2013, 04:03 PM
GangGreen

How about adding Jake Paterson to a proposed Trocheck deal. We could have the long awaited Jake Pat(t)erson goaltending tandem. Maybe one of them go by Jacob instead?

PP31, don't think Raine is a top 3 d-man on most teams. JMO, like you have yours. But Liberati is the d-man you'll have to include in a trade.

Perhaps

Trocheck, Ross, and Paterson

for

Welychka, Jammes, Liberati, Baillie and a couple of picks?

Old
01-05-2013, 04:18 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post

Here's the rub and what you're ignoring is that every other team has a player like Raine or Jammes and could move them for a top player if they so choose to do. The only one is Welychka. Barrie could deal a 3rd liner like Bradford who has had a solid year and certainly carries more value than Jammes. Kitchener could trade a Pederson or Gilbert which would be equal to that of Raine and Jammes. The same things I heard about Jammes were said about Chase Hatcher, oh he can't get into the lineup because London is real good and he has a bright future. You don't have to hype up prospects I am sure other teams have seen these players.

Old
01-05-2013, 04:35 PM
dino200022

With the addition and how well Mermis played the other night the only thing on my wish list would be another scoring forward up front. Would love to get Trocheck or Leivo but could cost us Liberati plus so not to to sure I like that but if it pushes us over then edge then it must be done. Would also like our tendy situation locked up with either Patterson playing two of 3 or getting someone that will be able to do that!

Old
01-05-2013, 04:56 PM
aresknights

Quote:
With the addition and how well Mermis played the other night the only thing on my wish list would be another scoring forward up front. Would love to get Trocheck or Leivo but could cost us Liberati plus so not to to sure I like that but if it pushes us over then edge then it must be done. Would also like our tendy situation locked up with either Patterson playing two of 3 or getting someone that will be able to do that!
Im pretty much on the same page. Im not going to speculate on the tendy stuff thou.

As far as F, my #1 was/is Monahan (even if you overpay a bit) but the longer I think about it, not sure itll happen

Id love a big F to play with Tierney and Anderson, with Wely moving to the 4th line (if not part of a deal) Leivo or Ritchie prolly fit in well. Althou Ive never been a big fan of Ritchie, if Mark feels his heads on straight, that hell buy in and he isnt relient on Strome, go do it. That lines cycle game would be awesome.

Old
01-05-2013, 05:10 PM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Im pretty much on the same page. Im not going to speculate on the tendy stuff thou.

As far as F, my #1 was/is Monahan (even if you overpay a bit) but the longer I think about it, not sure itll happen

Id love a big F to play with Tierney and Anderson, with Wely moving to the 4th line (if not part of a deal) Leivo or Ritchie prolly fit in well. Althou Ive never been a big fan of Ritchie, if Mark feels his heads on straight, that hell buy in and he isnt relient on Strome, go do it. That lines cycle game would be awesome.
Would not even be fair with Tierney, Anderson and Ritchie were on the same line haha!!

Old
01-05-2013, 05:18 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Would not even be fair with Tierney, Anderson and Ritchie were on the same line haha!!
I used to be on the Ritchie bandwagon but he's shown that he really is only good along the boards. He is slow compared to the rest of the Knights and isn't any more offensivley gifted than our top 2 lines. He's pretty one dimensional and the asking price is likely retarded. No thanks.

Old
01-05-2013, 05:24 PM
aresknights

lIke I said, Ive never been a big fan but Mark should at least inquire. Youre right thou, if the price is sky high pass.

The fact hes strong on the boards is my reason, since the Tierney, Anderson line have been 2/3 of very good cycle lines for a year and a half. Adding a ritchie type would only help that lines style. Im trying to find a fit without disrupting the scoring or checking lines, while improving the 4th. Adding a fit with 71/77 does that

Old
01-05-2013, 07:31 PM
w e l o s t b o y s
Drawing Frog 8

What a great individual effort by Horvat, shame he couldn't bury that himself

2-0

Old
01-06-2013, 12:14 AM
shootscores

well, now that the Juniors is over and everyone is on their way back home, we will definitely hear the trade winds blowing. who wants to bet by Tuesday or Wednesday London calls for a news conference announcing a trade for Trochek and someone we didn't see coming. Mark is pretty good at making packages that sound good to lure other managers in the league.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:15 AM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
I used to be on the Ritchie bandwagon but he's shown that he really is only good along the boards. He is slow compared to the rest of the Knights and isn't any more offensivley gifted than our top 2 lines. He's pretty one dimensional and the asking price is likely retarded. No thanks.
Say what ?

Ritchie was Niagara,s best player last spring against London. This guy is not slow but since he is big he may appear that way....just a beast at both ends of the rink.

Knights had tough time containing him last spring.....other Dogs player didn't show up.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:23 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
Say what ?

Ritchie was Niagara,s best player last spring against London. This guy is not slow but since he is big he may appear that way....just a beast at both ends of the rink.

Knights had tough time containing him last spring.....other Dogs player didn't show up.
Ritchie isn't defensively sound...he showed that in Russia. Don't want him.

If the Knights are gonna grab Trochek..grab Paterson too...after the past few games...we need a goaltender. Not a Trochek fan...but if it means getting Paterson...I'm all in.

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 01-06-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old
01-06-2013, 11:24 AM
KnightsInsider93

Well NHL is back! The London Knights should not have to worry about losing anybody to the NHL. Harrington maybe, but not likely due to the Penguins D prospects ahead of him in the pecking order. Still hearing Trocheck's name a lot from sources. Heard Ceci's name as well, don't think we need him as well as an unamed goaltender.

As far as players on their way out. Jammes is all but gone in my opinion and if he's going to play in the OHL it's going to be in Ottawa because he gets homesick anywhere else, thus...Ceci

Goalie rumours: 1st things first, Jake Patterson has been doing us just fine. Stopped 40/42 yesterday and that shots number is only going to go down once we get Harrington and Maatta back. The name i've been hearing a ton of is John Gibson, but I personally don't think we need him considering the amount we'd have to give up. I'd put it at or around the value Sault Ste. Marie gave up for Jack Campbell: (Mackenzie Braid & Patrick Sieloff along with six draft choices: Kingston's 3rd in 2012, Windsor's 2nd in 2013, Erie's 3rd in 2013, Owen Sound's 2nd in 2014, Saginaw's 2nd in 2014, Sault Ste. Marie's 2nd in 2015 and Sault Ste. Marie's 15th in 2016 (conditional).

I'd rather snatch up a goaltender such as Jake Paterson, Franky Palazzese, Charlie Graham or Chris Festarini.

The most pressing issue(s) are Acquiring a Forward and sending Jammes back home. If we can get through this deadline, while keeping Welychka as well as Miles Liberati, i'd consider it a win for us.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:30 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Well NHL is back! The London Knights should not have to worry about losing anybody to the NHL. Harrington maybe, but not likely due to the Penguins D prospects ahead of him in the pecking order. Still hearing Trocheck's name a lot from sources. Heard Ceci's name as well, don't think we need him as well as an unamed goaltender.

As far as players on their way out. Jammes is all but gone in my opinion and if he's going to play in the OHL it's going to be in Ottawa because he gets homesick anywhere else, thus...Ceci

Goalie rumours: 1st things first, Jake Patterson has been doing us just fine. Stopped 40/42 yesterday and that shots number is only going to go down once we get Harrington and Maatta back. The name i've been hearing a ton of is John Gibson, but I personally don't think we need him considering the amount we'd have to give up. I'd put it at or around the value Sault Ste. Marie gave up for Jack Campbell: (Mackenzie Braid & Patrick Sieloff along with six draft choices: Kingston's 3rd in 2012, Windsor's 2nd in 2013, Erie's 3rd in 2013, Owen Sound's 2nd in 2014, Saginaw's 2nd in 2014, Sault Ste. Marie's 2nd in 2015 and Sault Ste. Marie's 15th in 2016 (conditional).

I'd rather snatch up a goaltender such as Jake Paterson, Franky Palazzese, Charlie Graham or Chris Festarini.

The most pressing issue(s) are Acquiring a Forward and sending Jammes back home. If we can get through this deadline, while keeping Welychka as well as Miles Liberati, i'd consider it a win for us.
Rumour at the rink last night was Ceci has refused a move to London..likely because he knows he wouldn't be getting top 2 minutes. So scratch Ceci off the list.

Closed Thread