HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 10:34 AM
JL17

vCash: 500
Festarini is not an upgrade over anyone of our goalies... He's just ahead of Wheaton on the depth chart IMO.

Send Jammes to Ottawa for a pick. If the kid really doesn't want to be here then just get a pick forget putting a package together just let him go.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:35 AM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Rumour at the rink last night was Ceci has refused a move to London..likely because he knows he wouldn't be getting top 2 minutes. So scratch Ceci off the list.
Hmmm. Think Jammes will be just for picks? or what about London boy Trevor Dulong

Old
01-06-2013, 10:38 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Hmmm. Think Jammes will be just for picks? or what about London boy Trevor Dulong
If the Ceci rumour is true...so be it..didn't want him here anyways. As for Jammes...if we get a 5th or 6th for him I'd be happy. I could see Mark pulling a 3rd out of it though.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:44 AM
JL17

Quote:
Can't get Dulong he's not a first round pick. Only first round picks that are 96's can be dealt.

Can't deal any other picks other then first rounders from the 96 draft year.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:46 AM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Can't get Dulong he's not a first round pick. Only first round picks that are 96's can be dealt.

Can't deal any other picks other then first rounders from the 96 draft year.
True. Wishful thinking on my part though.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:49 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
True. Wishful thinking on my part though.
Gotta say...if you knew the rule you wouldn't have put Dulong's name out there. I call BS.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:50 AM
JL17

Quote:
Gotta say...if you knew the rule you wouldn't have put Dulong's name out there. I call BS.
That's the 10th time I've said it

Old
01-06-2013, 10:51 AM
aresknights

How many times do we have to remind Insider of the rookie trade rules? EDIT- a lil slow on my part lol

I agree with moving Jammes if hes unhappy. Its just never seemed like a good fit for him. I think staying home last year was a sign( I mentioned him as a tradeable asset before the year, based on our depth and a few on here jumped all over it lol- not many now)
Mark has seemingly always tried to move guys who could get minutes elsewhere. It works out for both groups. Package him close to home or grab a pick. I think Mark could pry a 3rd outta someone as well.
Hopefully he does get moved home/close by, if thats his wish, and he does well

Old
01-06-2013, 10:55 AM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
How many times do we have to remind Insider of the rookie trade rules? EDIT- a lil slow on my part lol
Honestly I didn't even look at his age. I just know he's a London boy playing on Ottawa

Old
01-06-2013, 10:57 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post

I agree with moving Jammes if hes unhappy. Its just never seemed like a good fit for him. I think staying home last year was a sign( I mentioned him as a tradeable asset before the year, based on our depth and a few on here jumped all over it lol- not many now)
I've never been a fan...No Jam in Jammes in my opinion.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Acad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
How about adding Jake Paterson to a proposed Trocheck deal. We could have the long awaited Jake Pat(t)erson goaltending tandem. Maybe one of them go by Jacob instead?

PP31, don't think Raine is a top 3 d-man on most teams. JMO, like you have yours. But Liberati is the d-man you'll have to include in a trade.

Perhaps

Trocheck, Ross, and Paterson

for

Welychka, Jammes, Liberati, Baillie and a couple of picks?
Sorry but is this a joke?

Value is way off, you might Trocheck and Ross for that package.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:48 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acad View Post

How do you know what the value is going to be...is it etched in stone some where? Nobody knows the value of any player. If a player will only go to one team..value drops. If only one team is buying..value plummets. Nobody is going to overpay for a Trocheck...maybe Paterson. There's only one GM in the league that overpays like that..and the Soo is selling.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Ottomatic

Any chance Harrington or Maata head to the NHL for the shortened season?

Old
01-06-2013, 12:19 PM
GangGreen

Quote:

I threw Ross in there to offset Bailie. Would Saginaw be happy with Ekblad as the back-up? I was going to say Jason Shaw instead of Ross, simply because Ross would be hard pressed to break into the Knights top 9. Take Ross and Bailie out of the equation then.
Would a package of Welychka, Jammes, Liberati and picks be enough to land Trocheck and Paterson? Would Herbst have to be involved?

Old
01-06-2013, 12:20 PM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Pittsburgh is loaded with blueliners that can do the job for the season.

There 6 from last season is carried over pretty much.

Plus they have-

Dumoulin, Morrow, Despres, Strait as guys that can be called up.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Doubt it. Both arent ready for the jump. 5-7 day camp is hardly worth giving them 'a look'. Pens D is solid with prospects ahead of them already

Old
01-06-2013, 12:32 PM
GangGreen

Quote:
I would say no chance on Maatta. He was the 2nd 1st rounder the Pens used on a defenceman behind Pouliot.
As for Harrington, not likely but we'll have to see what movement happens with the amnesty buyouts. The Penguins have Paul Martin signed to a 5 year 25 mil. contract. He could be bought out. Letang, Orpik, Niskanaen and Engelland are locks. I would put Despres or Morrow as 2 AHL guys who would make the team before Harrington, but we all know stranger things have happened.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:38 PM
JL17

Quote:
I would say no chance on Maatta. He was the 2nd 1st rounder the Pens used on a defenceman behind Pouliot.
As for Harrington, not likely but we'll have to see what movement happens with the amnesty buyouts. The Penguins have Paul Martin signed to a 5 year 25 mil. contract. He could be bought out. Letang, Orpik, Niskanaen and Engelland are locks. I would put Despres or Morrow as 2 AHL guys who would make the team before Harrington, but we all know stranger things have happened.
From what I read the buyouts will happen starting in June. Not during this season.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:35 PM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Don't sound like it from the GM himself

RT @MolinariPG: Ray Shero says he expects to have 24 to 26 players in Pittsburgh's camp, with very little chance any will be juniors.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Acad

Quote:

Quote:
I threw Ross in there to offset Bailie. Would Saginaw be happy with Ekblad as the back-up? I was going to say Jason Shaw instead of Ross, simply because Ross would be hard pressed to break into the Knights top 9. Take Ross and Bailie out of the equation then.
Would a package of Welychka, Jammes, Liberati and picks be enough to land Trocheck and Paterson? Would Herbst have to be involved?
Ross is vet and has 20 goals already, Paterson is an NHL drafted goalie and Trocheck is playing the at the top level atm so he's at his highest peak.

For One, I don't see Paterson moving. Two, Ross might be a good fit in London but he has more value than Bailie.

I'm not saying this will happen but this could be a fair deal for both sides.

To London : Ross and Trocheck
To Sagniaw : Welychka, Liberati, oa, picks

Old
01-06-2013, 02:57 PM
GangGreen

Quote:
Ross is vet and has 20 goals already, Paterson is an NHL drafted goalie and Trocheck is playing the at the top level atm so he's at his highest peak.

For One, I don't see Paterson moving. Two, Ross might be a good fit in London but he has more value than Bailie.

I'm not saying this will happen but this could be a fair deal for both sides.

To London : Ross and Trocheck
To Sagniaw : Welychka, Liberati, oa, picks
Seems like a fair deal to me. Thing is, assuming Trocheck replaces Broadhurst on the top line, and Broadhurst replaces Welcyhka on the 2nd, the lines would be Trocheck-Griffith-Domi, Broadhurst-Tierney-Anderson, and Horvat-Rupert-Rupert. Where do you slot Ross? On the 4th line?
Reason I suggested Paterson was because of the presence of Serebryakov and if the Spirit were trading their top players, Paterson will be gone by the time the Spirit are done their rebuild. Would this be reasonable for both sides?
Trocheck, Shaw, Paterson
for
Welychka, Liberati, Bailie, Herbst and a 2nd

Old
01-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Acad

Quote:
Seems like a fair deal to me. Thing is, assuming Trocheck replaces Broadhurst on the top line, and Broadhurst replaces Welcyhka on the 2nd, the lines would be Trocheck-Griffith-Domi, Broadhurst-Tierney-Anderson, and Horvat-Rupert-Rupert. Where do you slot Ross? On the 4th line?
Reason I suggested Paterson was because of the presence of Serebryakov and if the Spirit were trading their top players, Paterson will be gone by the time the Spirit are done their rebuild. Would this be reasonable for both sides?
Trocheck, Shaw, Paterson
for
Welychka, Liberati, Bailie, Herbst and a 2nd
If you want Trocheck and Paterson, London will have to give one of the bigger pieces to the puzzle which they don't need to do.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:38 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
If you want Trocheck and Paterson, London will have to give one of the bigger pieces to the puzzle which they don't need to do.
How 'bout Horvat,Domi,Griffith and Herbst...sound more fair?...It's Vincent Trocheck we're talking about. Not really a household name. The proposed deal by GangGreen is more than I'd be willing to pay..so I don't think Mark Hunter would pay it. If Trocheck alone is more than a roster player and 2 picks...or 2 picks and a conditional I say keep him.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:47 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
How 'bout Horvat,Domi,Griffith and Herbst...sound more fair?...It's Vincent Trocheck we're talking about. Not really a household name. The proposed deal by GangGreen is more than I'd be willing to pay..so I don't think Mark Hunter would pay it. If Trocheck alone is more than a roster player and 2 picks...or 2 picks and a conditional I say keep him.
What happened Hunter get replaced by Dave Reid lol
good one pp31
As for Trocheck a great player who would give the knights some scoring cushion in case
Griffith or Domi go down

Old
01-06-2013, 05:45 PM
GangGreen

Quote:
What I like about Trocheck is that he excels in all situations. Great PK'er as well as 1st PP guy. And now, you can say he's a winner. Just like Gibson. So I'll get greedy and propose Trocheck for Welychka, Liberati and a 2nd. And Jammes, Herbst a 2nd and 3rd for Gibson. The picks would be the ones the Knights received for AA.
Hopefully McCarron reports next year to replace Welychka, and the Knights get either Broadhurst or Griffith back as an OA.
The only problem would be the Knights would need a goalie of the future again. And Herbst would be stoning them for years to come.

Closed Thread