HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 01:43 PM
hardoil3232

vCash: 500
heard a rumor houser is back in london

Old
01-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
Why do Windsor fans think we should be more worried about them than SSM or Saginaw? Is Windsor a better team than before? Absolutely.

But I remember last year, many people predicted Windsor taking the Knights to 6 or 7, a lot even predicted Windsor winning the series cause of a 3-3 season series. See how that turned out?

Any of those 3 teams (Soo, Windsor and Saginaw) can cause us trouble. The Soo is the team I'm most worried about in the first round.

Why is Boughner any better of a coach than Dale? Dale can make bad decisions, but that doesn't mean he's a bad coach. He helped the Caps make the playoffs and upset the B's. Boughner is a good coach, but not sure he's better than Hunter

On another note, take a peek at the standings. 13 pts up on the Attack, with them having 2 games in hand. Might look comfortable, but we nearly blew the same lead to Plymouth last year. 1st seed means everything.

The entire West is on a roll, except for us an Erie. Gotta hang tight the rest of the way
Please fine me a post of someone saying Windsor winning that series....if they did they must have been very drunk. I said it was going to be a 4 game easy sweep for the knights and most spits fans said 4 or 5 games for London...Espeacially with Khokhlachev getting injured right before the playoffs, if the spits play the way they are right now they are the most dangerous offensively and may have the best goalie...but really i dont think Windsor, Soo, Saginaw have a real good chance against London.. there is just to much depth for one of the three to take the Knights down in a 7 game series but playoffs are a weird thing if the Soo, Spirit, Spits catch fire at the right time they could make it a real good series and a possible upset.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:19 PM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoil3232 View Post
It's the ECHL All Star week.

He pitched a shutout last night.

Last edited by JL17: 01-21-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old
01-21-2013, 02:24 PM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Please fine me a post of someone saying Windsor winning that series....if they did they must have been very drunk. I said it was going to be a 4 game easy sweep for the knights and most spits fans said 4 or 5 games for London...Espeacially with Khokhlachev getting injured right before the playoffs, if the spits play the way they are right now they are the most dangerous offensively and may have the best goalie...but really i dont think Windsor, Soo, Saginaw have a real good chance against London.. there is just to much depth for one of the three to take the Knights down in a 7 game series but playoffs are a weird thing if the Soo, Spirit, Spits catch fire at the right time they could make it a real good series and a possible upset.
Actually the Soo bothers me... different team under Keefe with more discipline. I wouldn't be surprised to see them end up in the 4 or 5 spot come the end of the season.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:28 PM
sportnut

I will try to be at the game on Thursday since it is in my neck of the woods!
I sure hope Elie and Jammes get a chance to prove themselves on ''home'' ice for them.
Looking at their season so far, I feel Elie is coming on stronger now and would be great on most teams and certainly would be getting more points. He doesn't get a quarter of the ice time that the big boys get, but certainly makes the best of it. While the others have been asleep of late, looking at the games, he just keeps working is .... off. Like I have said all along, he was a steal for London in the 5th round and I feel the same will be said someday for some NHL team.
As for Jammes, he just needs to get adjusted to the O, leaving home and playing less. He was pretty good in some of the games he did play, but we can't forget that he has a year more to play for London than the other 95 being a Dec. kid. It wouldn't surprise me to see him traded to Ottawa this summer, but sure hopes he can find is spot on the Knights for the rest of the season. Maybe he can make the best of it while Rup. and Broad. are suspended. He has great attributes and just needs a ''real'' chance!

Old
01-21-2013, 03:35 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportnut View Post
I sure hope Elie and Jammes get a chance to prove themselves on ''home'' ice for them.
Looking at their season so far, I feel Elie is coming on stronger now and would be great on most teams and certainly would be getting more points. He doesn't get a quarter of the ice time that the big boys get, but certainly makes the best of it. While the others have been asleep of late, looking at the games, he just keeps working is .... off. Like I have said all along, he was a steal for London in the 5th round and I feel the same will be said someday for some NHL team.
As for Jammes, he just needs to get adjusted to the O, leaving home and playing less. He was pretty good in some of the games he did play, but we can't forget that he has a year more to play for London than the other 95 being a Dec. kid. It wouldn't surprise me to see him traded to Ottawa this summer, but sure hopes he can find is spot on the Knights for the rest of the season. Maybe he can make the best of it while Rup. and Broad. are suspended. He has great attributes and just needs a ''real'' chance!
I love Elie's game. Uses his size well and has the best slapper on the team too. He'll be dominant in his 18 and 19 year old years.

Jammes would get a chance if he played better, simple as that. He's shown he has decent speed even if he skates awkward and his hockey sense looks good but he's been too inconsistent. Seems much weaker than everyone else too but he's got another year to put it together draft wise.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:04 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoil3232 View Post
Anything is possible but with the acquisiton of Stolarz I doubt that. On another note it I think the Memorial Cup host will come down to London, Windsor and Barrie with possibly OS and Kingston in the mix as well.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:05 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Anything is possible but with the acquisiton of Stolarz I doubt that. On another note it I think the Memorial Cup host will come down to London, Windsor and Barrie with possibly OS and Kingston in the mix as well.
London will announce their bid this morning.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:37 AM
dirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportnut View Post

Why does everyone on this board continues to make excuses for Jammes..."needs to adjust to the O...left home...plays less"...come on people boo hoo....thats what happens to EVERY kid who commits to the O...once I would like to see a London supporter admit that they may have made a mistake at the draft table!!!!

Old
01-22-2013, 10:52 AM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Why does everyone on this board continues to make excuses for Jammes..."needs to adjust to the O...left home...plays less"...come on people boo hoo....thats what happens to EVERY kid who commits to the O...once I would like to see a London supporter admit that they may have made a mistake at the draft table!!!!
Read post 631

Also, I thought the regular posters on this site have been pretty realistic. It's obvious he hasn't performed the way people expect. The '95s drafted behind him have been better, esp. Elie and Platzer. Can't get a good OHL player with every high pick. But he still has time. He can turn it around.

Last edited by sbrug: 01-22-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old
01-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Knighthammer

It's official, Ryan Rupert gets 3 games and Broadhurst gets 1 for his slew foot.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:12 PM
aresknights

No biggie. The kids will get a chance at some PT.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:23 PM
JL17

Quote:
I haven't like Jammes since the first rookie camp he was at. He's a soft perimeter player IMO. Seems to have decent hands decent speed but no jam.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:54 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Why don't you ask everyone on this board before spouting off?

I'm not a fan of Jammes..never have been never will be. Just not my style of player. I like players who will get their nose dirty. He lacks energy,intensity,fortitude and balls in my opinion. He adds nothing to the lineup when he's there that 15 kids in the system couldn't add as much or more. Cookie cutter player. Blunt?..yes...but I haven't seen anything from him as a player at this level to make me state otherwise. It's up to Jammes to do something to make me change my opinion...and I'm not alone. Not many around the JLC care whether he's in the lineup or not..because he brings very little to the table.

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 01-23-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old
01-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Why don't you ask everyone on this board before spouting off?

I'm not a fan of Jammes..never have been never will be. Just not my style of player. I like players who will get their nose dirty. He lacks energy,intensity,fortitude and balls in my opinion. He adds nothing to the lineup when he's there that 15 kids in the system couldn't add as much or more. Cookie cutter player. Blunt?..yes...but I haven't seen anything from him as a player at this level to make me state otherwise. It's up to Jammes to do something to make me change my opinion...and I'm not alone. Not many around the JLC care whether he's in the lineup or not..because he brings very little to the table.
I second, third and fourth all these sentiments! I was hoping he would get shipped out at the deadline and would have been super happy if we got as high as a 6th round pick for him, but would have been happy with much less. Addition by subtraction....means we could dress another kid who shows (and by shows I mean through his play on the ice) that he wants to play for the green and gold.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
I second, third and fourth all these sentiments! I was hoping he would get shipped out at the deadline and would have been super happy if we got as high as a 6th round pick for him, but would have been happy with much less. Addition by subtraction....means we could dress another kid who shows (and by shows I mean through his play on the ice) that he wants to play for the green and gold.
This is the kid's first year in the league right? Wow. By your standards then it seems Ryan Strome should have just gotten on a bus and headed back to Missy after a sub-par first season......many examples over the years of kids who take time to develop, no?

Old
01-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
This is the kid's first year in the league right? Wow. By your standards then it seems Ryan Strome should have just gotten on a bus and headed back to Missy after a sub-par first season......many examples over the years of kids who take time to develop, no?
You are absolutely correct. There are many examples where a guy just needs time to find what made him such a high pick. And then there are examples like this where the guy shows little to no passion, no desire to get the hands dirty and all other aspects of the game are marginal at best. It's not just 'hey this guy isn't producing and doesn't seem to have the skill'. It shows up in his efforts, the coasting, the lack of physicality the lack of well.....everything.
Yes, everybody deserves a chance....and what they do with that chance shapes their career (in hockey and in life). Im sure unless this kid changes his ways, his hockey career will play out with results that mirror his efforts.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:46 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Her ya go--- maybe London made a mistake at the draft table. (its hard to get 10 plus picks a year right lol) MAybe it just didnt work out here becasue of our depth because Mark HAS drafted so well?

I suggested using Jammes as a tradeable asset as far back as last year. BECAUSE of our young depth at F, not because of talent-Id yet to see him play. I beieve the Hunters wanted him to stay in London area but he wanted to be near home. Not saying his choice was wrong but I think it may have helped his development if he practiced with the team a bit last year, got the odd game and played B in the area.

After camp this year I had him behind at least 3 other rookie Fs (based on talent, style and play in intra squad) I wasnt overly impressed. I again suggested hes an expendable piece and got called out on this board. Based on what hes brought so far.... Im not writing him off as an OHL player but itll be hard to find a reg spot with the Knights

Hes got good hockey sense, reads the play well, but as has been said no JAM to his game as of now. He has to crack a top 6 and I dont see it here. Hes gotta show he wants it, and will pay the price, leave it all on the ice to get it.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:50 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Team skills develop through preparation and work ethic. If you lack either..you're doomed. Some kids coast through Minor Hockey because they have a certain skill-set that puts them above other players their age. Once that gap tightens and the parody begins to take over..the kids who have always worked hard move ahead of those who just rode their god given skills to get where they are. Soon enough..those skilled kids are left behind because the drive isn't there and never has been. Jacob Jammes to me fits the mould of a player who was gifted growing up...but just can't grasp the fact that you also have to work to get anywhere in this game. Just being skilled doesn't cut it...you gotta want it more than the kid beside you in the room.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:50 AM
aresknights

With a full week of practice, all hands on deck, hopefully theyre ready to get it going again.
Eastern swing usually has a few fans following the team, enjoy the trip.
I think theyll be back to winning ways taking at least 4 of 6 points. But Ive been wrong before lol

Old
01-24-2013, 09:47 AM
nelli27

London's last win was at home against Ottawa, and even though we won 10-5, we did not play well in our own end. We then went on a 3 game losing streak.

My concern with tonight's game against Ottawa is that the team might lack incentive for playing a tight, defensive game, something that they have to return to. Is the mentality going to be...hey, let's play pond hockey and pad our stats? I don't want to see another 10-5 game--the goals-against need to drop, and that means that the goaltending will have to improve, and our play in our own zone will have to be much better. If the team continues to relax defensively, then we're going to have a tough weekend.
Zadorov has been a defensive liability of late---more concerned about throwing the big hit, then playing sound defensively. The Zadorov-Sefton pairing has not yet looked good. I've yet to see how Sefton is an improvement over Raine--but he's only played a handful of games so far, and I expect him to become an asset.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:21 PM
aresknights

Agreed Neili, the team D has to be better, in all zones.
Zad just has to learn when to try for that big hit. Raine struggled with it as well but got better.
I think Sefton will be OK once hes settled in. Long reach, physical type but a lil slow so positioning and reading the play is important. Id like to see him killing penalties ala Hal Gill. Maybe he needs a lil scrap to get going. Or just play a lil pissed off sort a thing.
Lots of time to adjust

Old
01-24-2013, 05:08 PM
sbrug

Yep, the best part of last year's team was the ability to shut down teams. Niagara hardly got a sniff (pun intended) in London's end in the finals. Need to get that back and right now you roll with Stolarz for 2 of 3 at least this weekend. Stats don't show it but I've liked what he's done so far with the Knights. I think he plays just an all around better game than Patterson and doesn't get rattled as easily. He should get used to that when he's up with Philly.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:25 PM
nelli27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
Yep, the best part of last year's team was the ability to shut down teams. Niagara hardly got a sniff (pun intended) in London's end in the finals. Need to get that back and right now you roll with Stolarz for 2 of 3 at least this weekend. Stats don't show it but I've liked what he's done so far with the Knights. I think he plays just an all around better game than Patterson and doesn't get rattled as easily. He should get used to that when he's up with Philly.
I would like to see more of Stolarz too. Of the goals he's allowed, very few (if any) have been softies. He allows a fair share of rebounds, but hopefully that's something that can be fixed. Patterson needs to regain some confidence. Just want the team to turn things around...

Old
01-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
I don't want to see another 10-5 game--the goals-against need to drop,
How bout 11-1? Wow what a game. People were saying Ottawa was playing better lately and were defensively sound. I dont know if this score says more about the Knights finding their mojo again or if it says something about Ottawa. Maybe a bit of both.
I really think we need to manhandle Kingston as well and have a good game in Belleville too, to get the confidence back.
Like what I see!

Closed Thread