HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 08:46 PM
nelli27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
How bout 11-1? Wow what a game. People were saying Ottawa was playing better lately and were defensively sound. I dont know if this score says more about the Knights finding their mojo again or if it says something about Ottawa. Maybe a bit of both.
I really think we need to manhandle Kingston as well and have a good game in Belleville too, to get the confidence back.
Like what I see!
11-1, yes I'll take it! Quite possibly Tierney's best game as a Knight! Horvat with 4 points. Mermis with 4 points. Domi with the trick---not too shabby either. I saw Blandisi and a London player chirping in the first period. Blandisi must have said something that really angered the player(s) because the Knights were all over him for the rest of the game. The announcers seemed to forget that, and felt Domi was sticking it to Blandisi after his goal for no apparent reason.
Stolarz wasn't really tested, but did the job. The only goal allowed was on a PP when Hughes slipped, and Gustavsen (I think??) was left all alone. He put the puck into an empty cage.
Next game: Belleville.
A very good test, hope they saved some goals for the rest of the weekend!

Old
01-24-2013, 08:57 PM
Rubbers29

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
I saw Blandisi and a London player chirping in the first period. Blandisi must have said something that really angered the player(s) because the Knights were all over him for the rest of the game. The announcers seemed to forget that, and felt Domi was sticking it to Blandisi after his goal for no apparent reason.
Couldn't agree more, they would not shut up about it! they also seemed to miss the fact that Blandisi gave Domi a cross check into his side right after he scored which prompted the reaction by Domi, (then made sure not to show that part on the replay or the punch to the chops after the facewash that actually got Blandisi the penalty)

Old
01-24-2013, 09:08 PM
sbrug

Quote:
11-1, yes I'll take it! Quite possibly Tierney's best game as a Knight! Horvat with 4 points. Mermis with 4 points. Domi with the trick---not too shabby either. I saw Blandisi and a London player chirping in the first period. Blandisi must have said something that really angered the player(s) because the Knights were all over him for the rest of the game. The announcers seemed to forget that, and felt Domi was sticking it to Blandisi after his goal for no apparent reason.
Stolarz wasn't really tested, but did the job. The only goal allowed was on a PP when Hughes slipped, and Gustavsen (I think??) was left all alone. He put the puck into an empty cage.
Next game: Belleville.
A very good test, hope they saved some goals for the rest of the weekend!
Those announcers are idiots, and this comes from a fan who is embarrassed by our own play by play most of the time. While I would like Domi to tone down the stickwork, I don't have any issue with what he was doing tonight. Ottawa is a chippy team and if the refs had done a good job, they would have called all of those penalties at the beginning of the game and not let things fester the rest of the way. This was a case where the losing team deserved to have the score run up on them.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:45 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Speaking of bad reporting. The Ottawa Citizen wrote this crap this morning:

Quote:
The only good news is that, with London getting dinged for recruiting violations and losing their first round pick next May, the 67ís should get to pick first overall and again at No. 20, in effect having two first-round picks.
They may correct their mistake this afternoon, if at all. Now half a million people in Ottawa will think that London had recruitman violations. No wonder everyone hates the Knights.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...ry.htmlmaxxim1

Old
01-25-2013, 09:51 AM
aresknights

Link now unavailable lol

Hard to take much from this game. Ottawa laid down.

Domis reaction after late goal isnt something he normally does, but after the slash and all the chirping I guess he wanted to say something back

A few cheap shots early in this game- Pawleys head check at centre and Pettacios retalitory high stick slash to Domis face immediately after. Fortunatley both players were OK and continued the game.

Sefton seemed to show a bit more aggressiveness. Keep it coming #3

Old
01-25-2013, 09:56 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post

Sefton seemed to show a bit more aggressiveness. Keep it coming #3
Is it just me or is Sefton getting slower on a game to game basis? That lack of foot speed is gonna burn us. I still like Sefton..but I didn't realize he was this slow.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:07 AM
aresknights

It is what it is. He sure isnt quick but if he plays well positionally, reads the play well and uses his length and strength hopefully thats not the case PP. I do like he played a little more fiesty last night.

Would you pair him with someone other than Zadarov?

Old
01-25-2013, 10:14 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post

Would you pair him with someone other than Zadarov?
I wouldn't have paired him with Zadorov to begin with

Harrington/Hughes
Maatta/Zadorov
Mermis/Sefton

That's how I'd run my 6

Old
01-25-2013, 11:33 AM
JL17

That's the reason I didn't want Sefton was his speed doesn't fit the team.

Plus the lack of foot speed will burn us at some point. I like the kid but he's not an upgrade over Raine.

Old
01-26-2013, 08:57 PM
nelli27

Belleville Bulls 3 London Nationals 1

Total domination by the Bulls. London was outplayed, outchanced, outshot, outworked, outskated, and outclassed [add your own 'out...']! I think London had 12 shots after two periods!
One team came to play and the other team went into a defensive shell for 57 minutes. [I give London the first three minutes of the game!]. What I found most disappointing was how London reacted after the reviewed goal...Most teams turn it up a notch, and are motivated to tie it up....didn't see it!
We're used to Hunter juggling lines over the years, but what's the logic behind putting Ferry on the top line with Broadhurst and Griffith? They generated NO offence, so why keep them together for the entire game???

Good news for Kingston fans...their losing streak ends tomorrow.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:10 PM
Tonester01

Bulls vs Knights

Great effort by Bulls. After seeing Owen Sound last week beat the Bulls it will be a interesting series if they meet the Knights in the playoffs.
Quite a few Knights fans at the game, what's with the beer swizzlers contingent, were they there to watch the game or swizzle beer and trash talk Malcolm.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:23 PM
ImaBullsfan

I'm not a knights fan nor hunter, but let me tell you guys the Hunters really run a bench well and with class! Its makes me sick how Bobby Boo and the clowns in windsor are always standing up on the glass, pointing and yelling at players and refs. Booger taught smith in Shawa pretty good also.
As for the game tonite, i very entertaining one from a bulls point of view, the best 60 min the boys have put together.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:26 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
We're used to Hunter juggling lines over the years, but what's the logic behind putting Ferry on the top line with Broadhurst and Griffith? They generated NO offence, so why keep them together for the entire game???
He didn't want to be accused of producing too much offence again.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:44 AM
JL17

I watched the majority of the game and came away disappointed in alot of Knights efforts. Enough with blaming the officials. When your the one taking penalties you deserve you deserve them. The ones I saw we warranted.

One effort that stuck of was Patterson. Alot of big timely saves like before the deadline. Hope he continues to show his old form again.

Max "Lumberjack" Domi is back. Keep swing the stick like that and you'll be in the OHL Media Notes under suspension again.

Witnessed 2 board battle with 2 Bulls and 1 Knight near the Knights blueline and Griffith waiting for the puck near the redline... both opportunities were won by the Bulls and ended up in quality scoring chances for Belleville. Get your nose dirty.

Agree with everyone about Mermis... your not John Carlson nor MDZ.

Sefton needs a pack of pit bulls chasing him to move faster.

I really wish Dale would use Platzer and Elie more... as side from Horvat's line they've been the next 2 best forwards the Knights have had since the deadline.

Old
01-27-2013, 08:50 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17

One effort that stuck of was Patterson. Alot of big timely saves like before the deadline. Hope he continues to show his old form again.
Still looks like he's playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Still doesn't look confident despite a strong performance. Just my opinion of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17
Sefton needs a pack of pit bulls chasing him to move faster.
A 6-pack of Red Bulls would be cheaper.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:01 AM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Still looks like he's playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Still doesn't look confident despite a strong performance. Just my opinion of course

A 6-pack of Red Bulls would be cheaper.
IMO Patterson bailed out his team a couple of times when they needed it. Is he back to the form before the deadline... NO but it's a start. Seemed like a couple of starts he had last year where he kept his team in the game but his teammates decided to pack it in earlier.

6 4 packs of Red Bull maybe. I'm staying on record as this was a bad deal. Raine and Zadorov played great together... I wouldn't have broken that up.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:06 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
IMO Patterson bailed out his team a couple of times when they needed it. Is he back to the form before the deadline... NO but it's a start. Seemed like a couple of starts he had last year where he kept his team in the game but his teammates decided to pack it in earlier.
If you watch Jake closely..his positioning is off and he isn't quite challenging the shooters squarely as he was earlier in the season. He's making the saves...but the stops that were hitting him squarely in the pads and in the logo..are hitting an arm here..or a shoulder there...or a toe portion of the pad. That is lack of positioning and not 100% anticipating the play. He's also kicking out some pretty ugly rebounds...a sign of not being 100% mentally prepared. Am I being too critical?...maybe..but it's what I'm seeing.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:45 AM
nelli27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
I'm not a knights fan nor hunter, but let me tell you guys the Hunters really run a bench well and with class! Its makes me sick how Bobby Boo and the clowns in windsor are always standing up on the glass, pointing and yelling at players and refs. Booger taught smith in Shawa pretty good also.
As for the game tonite, i very entertaining one from a bulls point of view, the best 60 min the boys have put together.
I kind of gathered you weren't a Knights' fan. My clue? Your nickname "ImaBullsfan". People tell me that I have a remarkable grasp of the obvious.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:49 AM
nelli27

Quote:
He didn't want to be accused of producing too much offence again.
Good one! Hunter must have been reading the posts from 67s' fans.
I think Elie might have been benched too...I remember at least two brutal giveaways!
Bo came so close to a highlight reel goal...Too bad hockey games can't get rained out. The Knights have to embarrass themselves again this weekend against Kingston. Since I'm a sucker for punishment, I guess I'll watch it.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:02 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Too bad hockey games can't get rained out. The Knights have to embarrass themselves again this weekend against Kingston. Since I'm a sucker for punishment, I guess I'll watch it.
I'd start Stolarz..he looks more comfortable than Jake in net right now.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:18 AM
nelli27

Quote:
I'd start Stolarz..he looks more comfortable than Jake in net right now.
Yup, I hope Stolarz gets the start. And, I hope the Knights "skate". When the Knights skate like they can, there are few teams in the OHL who can keep up with them--Guelph may one of the few exceptions.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:33 AM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
I kind of gathered you weren't a Knights' fan. My clue? Your nickname "ImaBullsfan". People tell me that I have a remarkable grasp of the obvious.
Nice call!I'm alittle partial to the Attack thou, the training staff helped me out acouple of years ago with a gash to the head. Ya go ahead I was trying to give you guys a complement. I thought Harrington was the best player last night other than Patterson. IMO there seemed to be more than the announced 3200 people there? Nice to see real OHL fans making the arena rounds all year.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:58 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
I'm a little partial to the Attack thou, the training staff helped me out a couple of years ago with a gash to the head.
Statistics show that knocks to the head are the leading reason why people cheer for the Attack...that and being dropped as an infant.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:07 AM
sbrug

We knew Sefton was slower than Raine before the trade. That's not a surprise, it's the idiocy with the puck that is hurting him. He was nearly a direct cause on the second Bulls goal but Tierney was soft on the puck as well. There was no point to the trade at the time and now it just looks dumb. I wonder how much longer Dale is going to force these D pairings that have obviously not worked from the get go. Your top 4 when you won 24 games in a row was Harrington-Hughes, Zadorov-Maatta. What's so hard to see that the third pairing should be Mermis-Sefton?

As for the rest of the game, I would have said that I would like the Knights to get more shots but it's hard to do when Belleville controlled the puck for a good part of the game. Looked like a near perfect game for the Bulls. They are one of the few teams that don't solely benefit from playing a weak Eastern conference. A solid hockey team all around they have.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:14 AM
sbrug

Quote:
Belleville Bulls 3 London Nationals 1

Total domination by the Bulls. London was outplayed, outchanced, outshot, outworked, outskated, and outclassed [add your own 'out...']! I think London had 12 shots after two periods!
One team came to play and the other team went into a defensive shell for 57 minutes. [I give London the first three minutes of the game!]. What I found most disappointing was how London reacted after the reviewed goal...Most teams turn it up a notch, and are motivated to tie it up....didn't see it!

Good news for Kingston fans...their losing streak ends tomorrow.
I remember last year they also had Ferry on a line with Namestnikov and Griffith from about April on. They managed to win the OHL doing that but I still don't see the point in it. It seems to me that you're neutralizing your top line when you don't have to at all but the Hunters must think otherwise.

Closed Thread