HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Percyma

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
As I read through the points from the mother..the story looks more and more fabricated. Not condoning the acts...but some of the facts don't add up.
Perhaps the report on the incident did not include all pertinent points that were made by the mother. Can you give an example or two of a point that, in your opinion, look fabricated? How about pointing out some of the facts that don't add up?

Old
01-29-2013, 08:34 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Yes there's nothing wrong with letting kids run wild in a hotel without adult supervision and those kids intimidating females. If Hunter had a pair he would have suspended those individuals involved in the incident but Hunter would never want to set an example it's all about wins and losses. Note that's ok because he's an owner but Hunter certainly does set a poor example.
It's not right, though from hearing the females' story, I doubt that they were really intimidating them. A group of people being loud in a hotel room is hardly news worthy and it's just another excuse for internet nerds to get their Knights hate on. Continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
Example please??
Take a look at posts 704 and 705. Ya don't see those posters come here to talk hockey but when this pops up, Dale's a ********* and this is in comparison to Soo and Windsor's situations. Holier than thou

Old
01-29-2013, 08:44 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percyma View Post
Perhaps the report on the incident did not include all pertinent points that were made by the mother. Can you give an example or two of a point that, in your opinion, look fabricated? How about pointing out some of the facts that don't add up?
Points that were brought up on another board.

Why was her daughter doing laundry at 11pm the night before an elite competition to qualify for the World Championships?

How did they not set more than one alarm to wake up..or why didn't they get a wake up call in order to be awake in time?

How did they miss the deadline?... when the stated time of 7am wasn't even the actual cut off time(it was 8:30am) as posted on this website.

http://www.fencing.ca/node/348

If they felt threatened or felt in danger..why wasn't a complaint filed until the next morning with the police?

If the noise was that bad...why didn't ask to be moved to another room?(the hotel would gladly do this)

something looks off

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 01-29-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old
01-29-2013, 09:08 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Points that were brought up on another board.

Why was her daughter doing laundry at 11pm the night before an elite competition to qualify for the World Championships?

How did they not set more than one alarm to wake up..or why didn't they get a wake up call in order to be awake in time?

How did they miss the deadline?... when the stated time of 7am wasn't even the actual cut off time(it was 8:30am) as posted on this website.

http://www.fencing.ca/node/348

If they felt threatened or felt in danger..why wasn't a complaint filed until the next morning with the police?

If the noise was that bad...why didn't ask to be moved to another room?(the hotel would gladly do this)

something looks off
She wasn't doing laundry at 11pm

Manel said around 11 p.m. her daughter wanted to do some laundry but couldn't

There's a difference between wanting to do something but not being able to. Well she did call the police the next day but the police said no laws were broken so they couldn't do anything. If police were called on Friday I bet you would have gotten the same response.

Missing the deadline I can't speak to but I can say this for events I have participated in or tests I have taken I have had to arrive 1:30 before writing the test so being there at 7am for an 830 event isn't that much of a surprise.

If you want to protect the team you root for you're allowed to do that just say it.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:16 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
She wasn't doing laundry at 11pm

Manel said around 11 p.m. her daughter wanted to do some laundry but couldn't

There's a difference between wanting to do something but not being able to. Well she did call the police the next day but the police said no laws were broken so they couldn't do anything. If police were called on Friday I bet you would have gotten the same response.

Missing the deadline I can't speak to but I can say this for events I have participated in or tests I have taken I have had to arrive 1:30 before writing the test so being there at 7am for an 830 event isn't that much of a surprise.

If you want to protect the team you root for you're allowed to do that just say it.
In case you missed my post where I said I hope if these events are indeed true..they are dealt with by the team..I now direct you there.....http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=696

as for the laundry thing...if I have to be awake at 7am for work..the last think I'm thinking of doing at 11pm is laundry. I can't imagine the rest you'd need for a World Class event. Just sayin.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:28 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
In case you missed my post where I said I hope if these events are indeed true..they are dealt with by the team..I now direct you there.....http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=696

as for the laundry thing...if I have to be awake at 7am for work..the last think I'm thinking of doing at 11pm is laundry. I can't imagine the rest you'd need for a World Class event. Just sayin.
That's a reasonable post. As for switching rooms going to that website you showed they were advertising for that hotel to host competitors and families so I imagine it might have been difficult to switch rooms.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:32 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
That's a reasonable post. As for switching rooms going to that website you showed they were advertising for that hotel to host competitors and families so I imagine it might have been difficult to switch rooms.
Hotels always keep rooms open...they NEVER book to capacity. If the complaint was as stated..the hotel would have given her another room..they'd be obligated to.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:05 PM
NHL Fanatic

Honestly this shouldn't be news, this lady just wanted attention. Lets be realistic, her daughter won bronze instead of gold that is the real issue here. She's just bitter. Who calls the police on teenagers for being loud? Especially the next day. If she was so concerned she should've of switched rooms but she declined why, because she was there first, get out of here lol. People forget these guys are only teenagers, they aren't the only team who have been rowdy in hotel rooms, whenever there are big tournament kids normally are.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:34 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
Take a look at posts 704 and 705. Ya don't see those posters come here to talk hockey but when this pops up, Dale's a ********* and this is in comparison to Soo and Windsor's situations. Holier than thou
Really? I don't talk hockey around here? Wanna try that one again?

As for my comment about Dale's statement, he brushed it off as "boys will be boys" -- not the message any OHL team wants out in the public in the face of bad press, regardless of how they feel privately. I personally think he's a dick, but that has squat all to do with this incident.

What else in my post bashed the Knights?

Old
01-29-2013, 11:21 PM
GangGreen

Thank God this has given Spitfires fans something to take their minds off of the fact their team is in the toilet and looks like its gonna stay there for a while.

Old
01-30-2013, 05:19 AM
JL17

IMO Mark is the guy the media should go to for stuff. Dale IMO doesn't like the media for one and isn't the swiftest human being. If you want to take about hockey talk to Dale but anything else that doesn't include on ice stuff forget about a good thought out answer.

Old
01-30-2013, 06:07 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
Thank God this has given Spitfires fans something to take their minds off of the fact their team is in the toilet and looks like its gonna stay there for a while.
This coming from a guy whose team has not won a mem cup in 8 years and lumped it in the mem cup final last yr big talk

Old
01-30-2013, 07:06 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipeShow91 View Post
I like how you are condoning noise complaints. What if I come to where you live with some friends and bang on your door and call you names and intimidate you for a few hours. Bet you won't be condoning the team then!
Wow swing and a miss! Nowhere did I condone a noise complaint. I am trying to seperate it from situations like league violations and sexual assault thats all. People calling for severe action etc are really just showing how much they hate the Knights. If it was your team, you would see that it really wasn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Could have been worse a la Sault or Windsor...

Old
01-30-2013, 07:32 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
This coming from a guy whose team has not won a mem cup in 8 years and lumped it in the mem cup final last yr big talk
c'mon HL11..let's not bait the rehashing of the "bought" Memorial Cups again.

Old
01-30-2013, 07:53 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
I really think you need to stand back a bit, cool down and re-read what was posted by CG and Bobbie and compare them to what Knights fans has said about this situation.....not any different.
No other London fan took exception to their comments.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:06 AM
nelli27
Danny Gallivan

I declare that the Knights are 100% innocent and immune to any criticism. On what grounds? Noblesse oblige!

Old
01-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Crottenham

These truly must be the dog days of the schedule for such an insignificant incident to attract so many posts......can't believe I even commented on it! LOL

Old
01-30-2013, 10:20 AM
BigBuck

The Hotel added this in the comments section today.

CourtyardKingston

In the morning, the team officials made an apology to the guest and hotel staff and assured us there would not be a repeat of the incident, they even hired additional security for Saturday night to reinforce their comments. They admitted they may have underestimated the urgency of the previous nights matter when notified of it and mistakenly delayed their return to the hotel. Not a mistake they were going to make again. We also contacted all other guests in the hotel to offer compensation for any potential disturbances and to offer relocation of their room if they were disturbed the previous evening. The team also held a disciplinary meeting that morning in one of our meeting rooms. All was quiet on Saturday.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:05 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
I declare that the Knights are 100% innocent and immune to any criticism. On what grounds? Noblesse oblige!

Careful with out the sarcasm icon.....

Old
01-30-2013, 12:35 PM
GangGreen

Quote:
You got London on the brain bud. Thinking about making a switch?
8 whole years since a Memorial Cup. Man, London sucks. Well, OHL champions is pretty good too, and guess what? They didn't have to cheat to win it!
I guess we are lucky Dale wasn't punching out locals in the bar.

Old
01-30-2013, 12:43 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
You got London on the brain bud. Thinking about making a switch?
8 whole years since a Memorial Cup. Man, London sucks. Well, OHL champions is pretty good too, and guess what? They didn't have to cheat to win it!
I guess we are lucky Dale wasn't punching out locals in the bar.
Games are won on the ice not the boardroom,a good hockey man knows the best teams on paper dont always win but then we are short one good hockey man here bud arent we?

Old
01-30-2013, 01:12 PM
spits2timechamps

Quote:
Games are won on the ice not the boardroom,a good hockey man knows the best teams on paper dont always win but then we are short one good hockey man here bud arent we?

I miss these days, good to have the London fans vs Windsor fans rivalry again lol all we need now is some kraft dinner.....oh wait wrong board

Old
01-30-2013, 01:41 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by spits2timechamps View Post

I miss these days, good to have the London fans vs Windsor fans rivalry again lol all we need now is some kraft dinner.....oh wait wrong board
And hopefully the Spits can get back to being somewhat revelant and the banter will only get better.

HL, well see if they can get back to the top of the mountain before we do. They won 2 straight, a great accomplishment but consistency and winning over a long stretch, with different cores is also a great feat, just MO.

Old
01-30-2013, 02:06 PM
hockeylegend11

Noticed Pawley got 8 games for his head checking major last week

Old
01-30-2013, 02:46 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Noticed Pawley got 8 games for his head checking major last week
Definitely a suspendable hit. Targeted head and went out of his way to do so. No problem with a suspension. 8 games for a first timer maybe seen as harsh to some but it was a "dink" move.

No worries, wont effect the team much, if at all

Closed Thread