HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 02:54 PM
aresknights

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
This post shows you haven't watched much of the Soo, they have 11 players who have scored 10+ goals 8 of them being forwards so it's far from a one line team. They have big forwards like Alderson, Schumaker, and Broll who can cause problems. I don't think London would lose to the Soo but I also believe the Soo matches up very well with London.
Agreed Razor

The Soo is playing much better after the change on the bench. Im not sure if theyll keep hot streak going as we get to crunch time but they are playing as well as any1 right now and do have some depth for sure

Old
02-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Agreed Razor

The Soo is playing much better after the change on the bench. Im not sure if theyll keep hot streak going as we get to crunch time but they are playing as well as any1 right now and do have some depth for sure
I looked on various websites but I can't find the Hounds record since Keefe took over.
I suspect if you subtracted the first few games that Keefe took over that the Hounds may be very close to having the top record in the league.

Old
02-06-2013, 03:38 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward cornell View Post
i looked on various websites but i can't find the hounds record since keefe took over.
I suspect if you subtracted the first few games that keefe took over that the hounds may be very close to having the top record in the league.
15-7

gf 87
ga 63

3.95 gpg
2.86 ga

Old
02-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Mid day on Thursday and here I sit wishing it was seat #2 in sec 314 and the game was about to start.
Should be a great game tonight, Sarnia has quite a lineup (and just imagine if they had those 3 players - Murphy, Gally, Nail).
Today's paper even has the players agreeing that the lineup shuffling is good for them and will prepare them better for playoffs if the need arises so hopefully that shuts up the LDN fans who complain about Hunter and his shuffling...Hunter knows its good, the players knows its good so just deal with it.

Sarnia's goal thing where they do the 'yuuup' thing...um, really dumb. Cant even make something up, they have to steal it from a tv show.
Our Rick Flair thing is obviously stolen (from Rick Flair) and the Canes used it almost 10 years ago...Boston still uses it.
Our um, dance thing....people who say that is the bushwacker dance, i guess is for lack of a better description because their arms flail at a much quicker rate, this is to a timing of 1,2 1,2 etc. If Im drunk i do it to get the blood flowing but whatever, i can see why others think it is dumb.
anyone tell that im bored?

Good luck to all those traveling to games (near or far) this eve, going to get nasty in the late hours of the night.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:46 PM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
This post shows you haven't watched much of the Soo, they have 11 players who have scored 10+ goals 8 of them being forwards so it's far from a one line team. They have big forwards like Alderson, Schumaker, and Broll who can cause problems. I don't think London would lose to the Soo but I also believe the Soo matches up very well with London.
I would like to see if the Hounds carry this on for a while. A 3 week good stretch is done quite often and we have seen this from them before....they were riding so high Kyle went and blew the wad on yur former net minder . Heaven knows that team have under performed yes, but they still have warts like every other team including London.

Nichols/ Murray tandem going into playoffs gives you room for doubt.

We'll see if Coach K keeps them rolling when the media glare gets cranked up.

But we have all seen this Hounds movie before.

Old
02-07-2013, 03:09 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
I would like to see if the Hounds carry this on for a while. A 3 week good stretch is done quite often and we have seen this from them before....they were riding so high Kyle went and blew the wad on yur former net minder . Heaven knows that team have under performed yes, but they still have warts like every other team including London.

Nichols/ Murray tandem going into playoffs gives you room for doubt.

We'll see if Coach K keeps them rolling when the media glare gets cranked up.

But we have all seen this Hounds movie before.
The Murray/Nichols tandem have as much playoff experience as the
Patterson/Stolarz tandem

Old
02-07-2013, 04:00 PM
IcemanTBI

It's not the W/L record that has changed with the Hounds since Keefe took over. It's the whole mentality that has changed. Under Stapleton, this team seriously underperformed for the quality that's in the lineup. They are working alot harder, making smarter decisions and they now have a solid game plan instituted. Comparing the Hounds under Keefe and the Hounds under Stapleton is like night and day. They are finally playing to their potential.

Old
02-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcemanTBI View Post
It's not the W/L record that has changed with the Hounds since Keefe took over. It's the whole mentality that has changed. Under Stapleton, this team seriously underperformed for the quality that's in the lineup. They are working alot harder, making smarter decisions and they now have a solid game plan instituted. Comparing the Hounds under Keefe and the Hounds under Stapleton is like night and day. They are finally playing to their potential.
Accountability. EVERYONE is being held accountable, equally.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:56 AM
aresknights

Funny how that works eh?

It seems so simple but isnt always used by coaches

Old
02-08-2013, 09:04 AM
KnightsInsider93

Anybody getting tired of the "New look" Ruperts?

Matt's putting numbers up but Ryan is not. Ryan has fought a total of 3 times, and Matt has scrapped once. I just find it strange that Ryan would get drafted by Brian Burke for the sole reason that he is a "junkyard dog" and a "sparkplug" and then come back and change his game the next year. They are both not the same pesty players. Get back to what your good at.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:39 AM
JL17

Stolarz had a shaky night... it started off by handling the puck early in the first like a hot potateo and almost put it in his own net.

It was a tale of 2 different Knights teams and a determined Sarnia team.... I mentioned to PP31 in warmup look out for DeAngelo he's be on fire lately.... Why does London have such a hard time with offensive D .. Basso and DeAngelo picked the Knights apart.

Having Ferry trying to shut down an entire line was funny and a bad move. It's a line not just 1 player.

Sefton fought... the smallest guy on the ice.

3 stars are funny.... mine 1. DeAngelo 2. Basso 3. Maatta. Griffith scored woohoo he blew coverage on the winner and had too many giveaways.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:41 AM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Anybody getting tired of the "New look" Ruperts?

Matt's putting numbers up but Ryan is not. Ryan has fought a total of 3 times, and Matt has scrapped once. I just find it strange that Ryan would get drafted by Brian Burke for the sole reason that he is a "junkyard dog" and a "sparkplug" and then come back and change his game the next year. They are both not the same pesty players. Get back to what your good at.
It's been a little tough for the both of them to scrap...

IMO Ryan's shoulder isn't 100% there still something going on with the injury. He's not really even hitting anyone.

Pretty sure Matt isn't willing to take many shots in the yap with the amount of pain he's had to go threw with his mouth this year and work done.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:02 AM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Stolarz had a shaky night... it started off by handling the puck early in the first like a hot potateo and almost put it in his own net.

It was a tale of 2 different Knights teams and a determined Sarnia team.... I mentioned to PP31 in warmup look out for DeAngelo he's be on fire lately.... Why does London have such a hard time with offensive D .. Basso and DeAngelo picked the Knights apart.

Having Ferry trying to shut down an entire line was funny and a bad move. It's a line not just 1 player.

3 stars are funny.... mine 1. DeAngelo 2. Basso 3. Maatta. Griffith scored woohoo he blew coverage on the winner and had too many giveaways.
Good post,same game i saw also.Stolarz was very shaky.I guess Griffith gets first star for floating around the ice.Lots of better players on BOTH teams than him.I hope someday he gets to meet London goalie's during the game.Sarnia never quit but London is still the team to beat in the O.Good luck to all.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:10 AM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
It's been a little tough for the both of them to scrap...

IMO Ryan's shoulder isn't 100% there still something going on with the injury. He's not really even hitting anyone.

Pretty sure Matt isn't willing to take many shots in the yap with the amount of pain he's had to go threw with his mouth this year and work done.
The fights arent what I'm worried about. Those were just numbers used to represent my point. They are not the same players! they are not getting under anybody's skin nor are they being pesty. They are collectively more productive when they play the way they did last year in the Memorial Cup.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:16 AM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
Good post,same game i saw also.Stolarz was very shaky.I guess Griffith gets first star for floating around the ice.Lots of better players on BOTH teams than him.I hope someday he gets to meet London goalie's during the game.Sarnia never quit but London is still the team to beat in the O.Good luck to all.
Bailie never got to meet Griffith this year I've said it several times is Griffith put forth an effort that ment trying he'd have the scoring lead by 20+ points at this point in the season.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:25 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

When push comes to shove and it's balls to the walls time..you'll see the Rupe's of old. The Knights are in cruise mode right now. Stay 1st in the Conference..stay healthy...keep your nose clean...grab about 20 pts in the last 16. Cruise control.

Consistency moving forward is my main concern...not whether or not Ryan or Matt bite someone's ear off.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:

You would have had a great laugh last night if you seen who the Tv Cogeco Petes announcers Picked as the three star 1st.Khokhlachex, Hat Trick 2nd.Aleardi, 5 assist and then they gave Czinder the third star who did have 1 goal but was invisable over Rychel who had 1 goal and 5 assist like what a homer vote, luckily the OHL website picked the right stars of the game.

Old
02-08-2013, 10:35 AM
aresknights

Good points JL and PP. For JL, its rve24 here Good to see you posting here as well.

KI93- sometimes you gotta look at injuries and where the team is.

Ryan did go on a streak recently putting up good numbers

Old
02-08-2013, 12:52 PM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Good points JL and PP. For JL, its rve24 here Good to see you posting here as well.

KI93- sometimes you gotta look at injuries and where the team is.

Ryan did go on a streak recently putting up good numbers
Didn't take long to realize it was you.... you've got unique typing skills

Old
02-08-2013, 01:08 PM
aresknights

Chubby txt fingers, auto words and a lack of a proofread may lead some to have to decifer my posts

Old
02-08-2013, 08:09 PM
NHL Fanatic

That Brace celebration made me chuckle. Good game so far.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:12 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
That Brace celebration made me chuckle. Good game so far.
ya that was typical, It was nice to see Janes play good and not take stupid penalties.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:26 AM
JL17

Considering the snow on the ground Patterson should have got that snow angel out of the way a little earlier in the day.

I saw a resemblence last night between Nelli and Brace while doing the goal celebration... I got a good laugh at the celly.

Another first star nod for Griffith ... boy the people that pick the stars sure don't watch the game. Little self restraint in the third would have also help. It's funny Horvat get choosen as the Hardest Working Player of the game but doesn't get a star

That 4 on 3 in the 3rd I would have had Domi, Horvat, Broadhurst and Zadorov out there.... Zadorov would have been firing one-timers from Horvat. Both Ruperts have no business being out there in that situation. That's bad coaching plain and simple.

Some things need to be nip in the butt now before it becomes a problem.

Old
02-09-2013, 10:40 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

I am happy you guys snagged up Dakota Mermis as he is a nice addition to your team. the kid has offensive skill and could be making a case to get drafted again this year..whats your thoughts on his play so far as I think he has really fit in well from the 2 games I have seen him play with London so far???

Old
02-09-2013, 11:11 AM
aresknights

He seems to be adjusting well. He's definitely got some O upside and is playing better positionaly. New league, new system takes a while. I'd expect continued improvement from what I've seen.

Closed Thread