HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-06-2013, 02:54 PM
  #801
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
This post shows you haven't watched much of the Soo, they have 11 players who have scored 10+ goals 8 of them being forwards so it's far from a one line team. They have big forwards like Alderson, Schumaker, and Broll who can cause problems. I don't think London would lose to the Soo but I also believe the Soo matches up very well with London.
Agreed Razor

The Soo is playing much better after the change on the bench. Im not sure if theyll keep hot streak going as we get to crunch time but they are playing as well as any1 right now and do have some depth for sure

aresknights is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:22 PM
  #802
Ward Cornell
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Agreed Razor

The Soo is playing much better after the change on the bench. Im not sure if theyll keep hot streak going as we get to crunch time but they are playing as well as any1 right now and do have some depth for sure
I looked on various websites but I can't find the Hounds record since Keefe took over.
I suspect if you subtracted the first few games that Keefe took over that the Hounds may be very close to having the top record in the league.

Ward Cornell is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 03:38 PM
  #803
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ward cornell View Post
i looked on various websites but i can't find the hounds record since keefe took over.
I suspect if you subtracted the first few games that keefe took over that the hounds may be very close to having the top record in the league.
15-7

gf 87
ga 63

3.95 gpg
2.86 ga

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 11:32 AM
  #804
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja
 
Knights77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Section 314
Country: Canada
Posts: 750
vCash: 500
Mid day on Thursday and here I sit wishing it was seat #2 in sec 314 and the game was about to start.
Should be a great game tonight, Sarnia has quite a lineup (and just imagine if they had those 3 players - Murphy, Gally, Nail).
Today's paper even has the players agreeing that the lineup shuffling is good for them and will prepare them better for playoffs if the need arises so hopefully that shuts up the LDN fans who complain about Hunter and his shuffling...Hunter knows its good, the players knows its good so just deal with it.

Sarnia's goal thing where they do the 'yuuup' thing...um, really dumb. Cant even make something up, they have to steal it from a tv show.
Our Rick Flair thing is obviously stolen (from Rick Flair) and the Canes used it almost 10 years ago...Boston still uses it.
Our um, dance thing....people who say that is the bushwacker dance, i guess is for lack of a better description because their arms flail at a much quicker rate, this is to a timing of 1,2 1,2 etc. If Im drunk i do it to get the blood flowing but whatever, i can see why others think it is dumb.
anyone tell that im bored?

Good luck to all those traveling to games (near or far) this eve, going to get nasty in the late hours of the night.

Knights77 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 02:46 PM
  #805
SimonKnightsman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
This post shows you haven't watched much of the Soo, they have 11 players who have scored 10+ goals 8 of them being forwards so it's far from a one line team. They have big forwards like Alderson, Schumaker, and Broll who can cause problems. I don't think London would lose to the Soo but I also believe the Soo matches up very well with London.
I would like to see if the Hounds carry this on for a while. A 3 week good stretch is done quite often and we have seen this from them before....they were riding so high Kyle went and blew the wad on yur former net minder . Heaven knows that team have under performed yes, but they still have warts like every other team including London.

Nichols/ Murray tandem going into playoffs gives you room for doubt.

We'll see if Coach K keeps them rolling when the media glare gets cranked up.

But we have all seen this Hounds movie before.

SimonKnightsman is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 03:09 PM
  #806
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
I would like to see if the Hounds carry this on for a while. A 3 week good stretch is done quite often and we have seen this from them before....they were riding so high Kyle went and blew the wad on yur former net minder . Heaven knows that team have under performed yes, but they still have warts like every other team including London.

Nichols/ Murray tandem going into playoffs gives you room for doubt.

We'll see if Coach K keeps them rolling when the media glare gets cranked up.

But we have all seen this Hounds movie before.
The Murray/Nichols tandem have as much playoff experience as the
Patterson/Stolarz tandem

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
02-07-2013, 04:00 PM
  #807
IcemanTBI
Registered User
 
IcemanTBI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of Ice
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,442
vCash: 500
It's not the W/L record that has changed with the Hounds since Keefe took over. It's the whole mentality that has changed. Under Stapleton, this team seriously underperformed for the quality that's in the lineup. They are working alot harder, making smarter decisions and they now have a solid game plan instituted. Comparing the Hounds under Keefe and the Hounds under Stapleton is like night and day. They are finally playing to their potential.

IcemanTBI is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 07:35 AM
  #808
Crottenham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcemanTBI View Post
It's not the W/L record that has changed with the Hounds since Keefe took over. It's the whole mentality that has changed. Under Stapleton, this team seriously underperformed for the quality that's in the lineup. They are working alot harder, making smarter decisions and they now have a solid game plan instituted. Comparing the Hounds under Keefe and the Hounds under Stapleton is like night and day. They are finally playing to their potential.
Accountability. EVERYONE is being held accountable, equally.

Crottenham is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:56 AM
  #809
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 500
Funny how that works eh?

It seems so simple but isnt always used by coaches

aresknights is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:04 AM
  #810
KnightsInsider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London Ontario
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Anybody getting tired of the "New look" Ruperts?

Matt's putting numbers up but Ryan is not. Ryan has fought a total of 3 times, and Matt has scrapped once. I just find it strange that Ryan would get drafted by Brian Burke for the sole reason that he is a "junkyard dog" and a "sparkplug" and then come back and change his game the next year. They are both not the same pesty players. Get back to what your good at.

KnightsInsider93 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:39 AM
  #811
JL17
Registered User
 
JL17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,881
vCash: 500
Stolarz had a shaky night... it started off by handling the puck early in the first like a hot potateo and almost put it in his own net.

It was a tale of 2 different Knights teams and a determined Sarnia team.... I mentioned to PP31 in warmup look out for DeAngelo he's be on fire lately.... Why does London have such a hard time with offensive D .. Basso and DeAngelo picked the Knights apart.

Having Ferry trying to shut down an entire line was funny and a bad move. It's a line not just 1 player.

Sefton fought... the smallest guy on the ice.

3 stars are funny.... mine 1. DeAngelo 2. Basso 3. Maatta. Griffith scored woohoo he blew coverage on the winner and had too many giveaways.

JL17 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:41 AM
  #812
JL17
Registered User
 
JL17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Anybody getting tired of the "New look" Ruperts?

Matt's putting numbers up but Ryan is not. Ryan has fought a total of 3 times, and Matt has scrapped once. I just find it strange that Ryan would get drafted by Brian Burke for the sole reason that he is a "junkyard dog" and a "sparkplug" and then come back and change his game the next year. They are both not the same pesty players. Get back to what your good at.
It's been a little tough for the both of them to scrap...

IMO Ryan's shoulder isn't 100% there still something going on with the injury. He's not really even hitting anyone.

Pretty sure Matt isn't willing to take many shots in the yap with the amount of pain he's had to go threw with his mouth this year and work done.

JL17 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 10:02 AM
  #813
massey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Stolarz had a shaky night... it started off by handling the puck early in the first like a hot potateo and almost put it in his own net.

It was a tale of 2 different Knights teams and a determined Sarnia team.... I mentioned to PP31 in warmup look out for DeAngelo he's be on fire lately.... Why does London have such a hard time with offensive D .. Basso and DeAngelo picked the Knights apart.

Having Ferry trying to shut down an entire line was funny and a bad move. It's a line not just 1 player.

Sefton fought... the smallest guy on the ice.

3 stars are funny.... mine 1. DeAngelo 2. Basso 3. Maatta. Griffith scored woohoo he blew coverage on the winner and had too many giveaways.
Good post,same game i saw also.Stolarz was very shaky.I guess Griffith gets first star for floating around the ice.Lots of better players on BOTH teams than him.I hope someday he gets to meet London goalie's during the game.Sarnia never quit but London is still the team to beat in the O.Good luck to all.

massey is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 10:10 AM
  #814
KnightsInsider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London Ontario
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
It's been a little tough for the both of them to scrap...

IMO Ryan's shoulder isn't 100% there still something going on with the injury. He's not really even hitting anyone.

Pretty sure Matt isn't willing to take many shots in the yap with the amount of pain he's had to go threw with his mouth this year and work done.
The fights arent what I'm worried about. Those were just numbers used to represent my point. They are not the same players! they are not getting under anybody's skin nor are they being pesty. They are collectively more productive when they play the way they did last year in the Memorial Cup.

KnightsInsider93 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 10:16 AM
  #815
JL17
Registered User
 
JL17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
Good post,same game i saw also.Stolarz was very shaky.I guess Griffith gets first star for floating around the ice.Lots of better players on BOTH teams than him.I hope someday he gets to meet London goalie's during the game.Sarnia never quit but London is still the team to beat in the O.Good luck to all.
Bailie never got to meet Griffith this year I've said it several times is Griffith put forth an effort that ment trying he'd have the scoring lead by 20+ points at this point in the season.

JL17 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 10:25 AM
  #816
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Straight Shooter
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,455
vCash: 500
When push comes to shove and it's balls to the walls time..you'll see the Rupe's of old. The Knights are in cruise mode right now. Stay 1st in the Conference..stay healthy...keep your nose clean...grab about 20 pts in the last 16. Cruise control.

Consistency moving forward is my main concern...not whether or not Ryan or Matt bite someone's ear off.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 10:31 AM
  #817
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Stolarz had a shaky night... it started off by handling the puck early in the first like a hot potateo and almost put it in his own net.

It was a tale of 2 different Knights teams and a determined Sarnia team.... I mentioned to PP31 in warmup look out for DeAngelo he's be on fire lately.... Why does London have such a hard time with offensive D .. Basso and DeAngelo picked the Knights apart.

Having Ferry trying to shut down an entire line was funny and a bad move. It's a line not just 1 player.

Sefton fought... the smallest guy on the ice.

3 stars are funny.... mine 1. DeAngelo 2. Basso 3. Maatta. Griffith scored woohoo he blew coverage on the winner and had too many giveaways.
You would have had a great laugh last night if you seen who the Tv Cogeco Petes announcers Picked as the three star 1st.Khokhlachex, Hat Trick 2nd.Aleardi, 5 assist and then they gave Czinder the third star who did have 1 goal but was invisable over Rychel who had 1 goal and 5 assist like what a homer vote, luckily the OHL website picked the right stars of the game.

Spitsfan67* is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 10:35 AM
  #818
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 500
Good points JL and PP. For JL, its rve24 here Good to see you posting here as well.

KI93- sometimes you gotta look at injuries and where the team is.

Ryan did go on a streak recently putting up good numbers

aresknights is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:52 PM
  #819
JL17
Registered User
 
JL17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Good points JL and PP. For JL, its rve24 here Good to see you posting here as well.

KI93- sometimes you gotta look at injuries and where the team is.

Ryan did go on a streak recently putting up good numbers
Didn't take long to realize it was you.... you've got unique typing skills

JL17 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 01:08 PM
  #820
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 500


Chubby txt fingers, auto words and a lack of a proofread may lead some to have to decifer my posts

aresknights is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 08:09 PM
  #821
NHL Fanatic
Registered User
 
NHL Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,634
vCash: 500
That Brace celebration made me chuckle. Good game so far.

NHL Fanatic is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:12 PM
  #822
bidzey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
That Brace celebration made me chuckle. Good game so far.
ya that was typical, It was nice to see Janes play good and not take stupid penalties.

bidzey is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 07:26 AM
  #823
JL17
Registered User
 
JL17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,881
vCash: 500
Considering the snow on the ground Patterson should have got that snow angel out of the way a little earlier in the day.

I saw a resemblence last night between Nelli and Brace while doing the goal celebration... I got a good laugh at the celly.

Another first star nod for Griffith ... boy the people that pick the stars sure don't watch the game. Little self restraint in the third would have also help. It's funny Horvat get choosen as the Hardest Working Player of the game but doesn't get a star

That 4 on 3 in the 3rd I would have had Domi, Horvat, Broadhurst and Zadorov out there.... Zadorov would have been firing one-timers from Horvat. Both Ruperts have no business being out there in that situation. That's bad coaching plain and simple.

Some things need to be nip in the butt now before it becomes a problem.

JL17 is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 10:40 AM
  #824
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
I am happy you guys snagged up Dakota Mermis as he is a nice addition to your team. the kid has offensive skill and could be making a case to get drafted again this year..whats your thoughts on his play so far as I think he has really fit in well from the 2 games I have seen him play with London so far???

AmericanDream is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 11:11 AM
  #825
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 500
He seems to be adjusting well. He's definitely got some O upside and is playing better positionaly. New league, new system takes a while. I'd expect continued improvement from what I've seen.

aresknights is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.