HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2012, 03:20 PM
aresknights

vCash: 500
I agree with all the above on PLatz and Wely.

Both a real good skaters, and accounted themselves real well on the backend. I feel better with those 2 than I do with Fuller filling in.

Theyll be better for the exp but Id love to see them up front. Platz, I think is going to develop real nicely over the next couple years. Wely is what he is now I think. A valuable piece for sure but Platz may have a higher ceiling. Different type players.

Well see if one gets moved in a deadline deal.

Old
12-28-2012, 04:53 PM
hockeylegend11

Disappointed to see some London fans revelling in Bilcke's injury from last nites game,I for one wish no injury on any player,also some fans upset that Studnicka,beat up same age rookie Liberati,yet nobody said a word last year when 17 year old Welytcha fought 16 year old Studnicka,double std in London it appears
London for years have had players like Yovanic,Flemmington,and now Leroux who are not known for their hockey prowess,so when the spits have a guy like Bilcke its all wrong.

Old
12-28-2012, 06:18 PM
aresknights

Which posters HL. Im sure its only a few and I agree no one should wish injury on anyone.
My issue with Studnicka was only that he was looking for revenge after getting creamed with a clean hit. He grabbed a rook that was engaged with Murphy then punched by Bowen forcing Elie(another rook to help out) So thats 3 Spits Liberati dealt with in one squirmish.
I also wish no injuries but mentioned Karma in another thread. He want after a guy at Boogs request, who laid a clean hit, in a game that was all but over, against a guy who already fought and got caught real good by Bowen. he shouldnt have had to go Bilke but it seemed Windsor was looking for something after having hung around for a bit then getting the score run up. I get it, just dont like it.

You cant compare the two teams in terms of goonery. Check out the PIMs and total fights for the last couple years. One team wants to bring the game down to that level the other doesnt. Thats easy to see. Im not saying either style is better just thats what it is. Windsor is the more aggressive team.

Leroux has been mentioned a few times as well by Spits fans. More than half his games are against the Spits/Attack. Not hard to figure out why. Its a response to tough teams that play on the edge. And Id take him over Bilke anyday. He can F or D, is a better skater and just as good a scrapper. But again plays rarely with the KNights and mostly against tough teams. Seems logocal and unfortunately neccessary

Old
12-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Krishna

Is the stream not working for anyone? I just see a blue screen

Old
12-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Krishna

Nevermind.. It's working..

Plymouth is probably the worst quality stream I've seen so far

Old
12-29-2012, 07:53 PM
w e l o s t b o y s
Drawing Frog 8

This game not on tv?

Old
12-29-2012, 08:00 PM
aresknights

Reg season Games in US cities arent on TV. Some PO games are.

Last edited by aresknights: 12-29-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old
12-29-2012, 08:35 PM
shootscores

watching the game on the free promotion weekend package. First period was fairly uneventful but London could have scored a couple. It took a second period goal by Wilson to wake London up. I can't believe Wilson is not on team Canada. What a powerful player.
As for our defense, they look solid for missing their top 2. Zadorov looks comfortable being the main man out there, and Platzer looks not out of place at all. Good job boys. 3-1 and the twins getting scrappy goals.
London sure plays a very disciplined defensive game and very agressive in the corners

Old
12-29-2012, 09:24 PM
gowhalers

The stream from plymouth is not usually like it was tonight. Schoolcraft college normally does the games but they are on Christmas break. That is why only 1 camera with poor quality.

Old
12-29-2012, 09:27 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowhalers View Post
The stream from plymouth is not usually like it was tonight. Schoolcraft college normally does the games but they are on Christmas break. That is why only 1 camera with poor quality.
Thanks for the update...I thought something was up cuz It's never that bad from Plymouth on Livestream

Old
12-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Rubbers29

as bad as the stream was, at least the guy in the stands in Plymouth with what i am going to assume was a sony handycam, actually kept up with the play, you didnt miss anything, when you watch the Rogers broadcasts from Owen Sound, you're lucky to see one goal because there camera man is usually 8 seconds behind the play, or someone is asleep in the truck and they show ten minutes of the awful corner camera behind the glass where you cant see anything, I for one am just happy I got to see a game from Plymouth for a change!

Old
12-29-2012, 09:34 PM
nelli27

The video quality of the last broadcast from Plymouth was much better. Good play-by-play announcer, and I like how the camera-man (or camera-kid) shows the score clock after each stoppage.

4-2 London win.
As for the game, Patterson was sharp--the team that let him go much be kicking themselves!

Horvat extends his scoring streak to 11 games.

Welychka's best Guy Lafleur impression, streaking down the right wing and blasting a shot past Mahalak.

I'm going to use the word "streak" one more time: Streak extends to 23 baby!

Congrats to Aleardi for setting his own personal record: He made 3 passes all game eclipsing his previous high of 2.

Wilson and Bratina with the Plymouth goals.
London's scorers: Domi, M. and R. Rupert, and the aforementioned, Welychka.

Old
12-29-2012, 11:04 PM
sbrug

Wouldn't the Knights be better off keeping Welychka?

Old
12-30-2012, 03:21 AM
Snippit

Just checked the standings. Wow, we've pulled away from the rest of the pack. The only team who can catch us now is the Attack.

I've predicted Knights losses all throughout the streak (at least 5-6), especially when they were missing a ton of key D-men. They've proven me wrong every time.

So I'll go with a pair of Knights wins this time: 4-2 and 5-2 against the Sting.

26 is within sight. Whatever happens though, this team has done a tremendous job - especially with that tough schedule in November and December.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:24 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post

I've predicted Knights losses all throughout the streak (at least 5-6), especially when they were missing a ton of key D-men. They've proven me wrong every time.

So I'll go with a pair of Knights wins this time: 4-2 and 5-2 against the Sting.
Do me a favour...rescind that prediction and go with 3 more losses...for giggles

Old
12-30-2012, 09:01 AM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
Wouldn't the Knights be better off keeping Welychka?
Yes.. end of story.

Old
12-30-2012, 09:45 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Hearing it enough to believe it's somewhat true..Welychka,Jammes and Raine are definitely being dangled.

Look at your talent pool for next year and it makes perfect sense.

Welychka out MacDonald in
Raine out Centorame in
Jammes out anyone in

it wouldn't shock me at all to see any of those 3 or all of them moved.

Of the 3...Welychka would bring you the most in return because of his versatility..he would also be the hardest to let go.

*Kale Kerbashian...but I loved the return

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 12-30-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old
12-30-2012, 11:00 AM
aresknights

You gotta pay to play.

I really like Welys game and am a fan. Theres a personal connection as well BUT as much as I like his game Id much rather he go than a Platzer. He is a valuable player for sure but he is replaceable on this squad and he would have value in a trade for the reasons we all like his game. Well see moving forward.
Gotta trust Mark makes a good decision here regardless of who (if any1-and I think he does) move.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:17 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
You gotta pay to play.

I really like Welys game and am a fan. Theres a personal connection as well BUT as much as I like his game Id much rather he go than a Platzer. He is a valuable player for sure but he is replaceable on this squad and he would have value in a trade for the reasons we all like his game. Well see moving forward.
Gotta trust Mark makes a good decision here regardless of who (if any1-and I think he does) move.
With London's depth at every position no move will have me shaking my head and asking WTF?...unless they do something stupid like deal with Niagara

Old
12-30-2012, 11:41 AM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Hearing it enough to believe it's somewhat true..Welychka,Jammes and Raine are definitely being dangled.

Look at your talent pool for next year and it makes perfect sense.

Welychka out MacDonald in
Raine out Centorame in
Jammes out anyone in

it wouldn't shock me at all to see any of those 3 or all of them moved.

Of the 3...Welychka would bring you the most in return because of his versatility..he would also be the hardest to let go.

*Kale Kerbashian...but I loved the return
Do you think Ottawa would accept those three and picks for Monahan and Ceci? Would you do it as GM of the Knights?

Broadhurst-Monahan-Griffith
Domi-Tierney-Anderson
Rupert-Horvat-Rupert
Ferry-Elie-Platzer
Pawley, MacDonald

Harrington-Ceci
Maatta-Hughes
Zadorov-Liberati
Centorame

Old
12-30-2012, 11:42 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Do you think Ottawa would accept those three and picks for Monahan and Ceci? Would you do it as GM of the Knights?
Without batting an eye

Old
12-30-2012, 11:45 AM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Without batting an eye
Same here especially if I could predict the future and Monahan doesn't make the NHL next year and Broadhurst and Griffith come back as overagers. That would be awesome.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:47 AM
aresknights

YES. In a heartbeat. Not sure how many picks or if another player has to go too but YES.
Ive wanted Monahan all along, with the hope hed return.

Old
12-30-2012, 11:53 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Noob Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
YES. In a heartbeat. Not sure how many picks or if another player has to go too but YES.
Ive wanted Monahan all along, with the hope hed return.
Even if it took all 3 and 3 picks(2 conditionals) I'd do it.

Raine/Jammes/Welychka a 2nd in 2013 and 2 conditionals (3rd-5th rounders). Condition would be Monahan returning.

Pull the trigger.

Old
12-30-2012, 05:25 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:

Broadhurst-Monahan-Griffith
Domi-Tierney-Anderson
Rupert-Horvat-Rupert
Ferry-Elie-Platzer
Pawley, MacDonald
Harrington-Ceci
Maatta-Hughes
Zadorov-Liberati
Centorame
Id love to add Monahan but why do you break up Domi, Broadhurst, Griffith? I realize Monahan's talent suggests he plays on the first line, but Im against breaking up that line. The chemistry and productivity is too good. So that line draws the top chexking line from the other team, isnt it good to have your second best threat as Monahan, Anderson, Horvat? (replace Bo and Josh with whoever you see fit).

Closed Thread