HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2012, 06:50 PM
aresknights

vCash: 500
I like that line as well 77 but I also love Tierney and BO at centre for the 2nd/3rd lines.
Can one of Broadhurst or Monahan play on the wing? With Tierney and Josh? I know Domi can and hed fit in well but Monahan or Broadhurst may have to move over.
Bo can play wing but hes a good fit with the Rups (as would Tierney)

Get Monahan and Dale will figure it out

Old
12-30-2012, 07:05 PM
H44

Ryan Rupert getting healthy is a big plus for the Knights - he is rounding into form. Bo with the Ruperts is a heck of a line.

Old
12-31-2012, 10:15 AM
JL17

Only line you can break up right now in London is the 4th line.. the rest are rolling and don't touch them.

Old
12-31-2012, 12:34 PM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Id love to add Monahan but why do you break up Domi, Broadhurst, Griffith? I realize Monahan's talent suggests he plays on the first line, but Im against breaking up that line. The chemistry and productivity is too good. So that line draws the top chexking line from the other team, isnt it good to have your second best threat as Monahan, Anderson, Horvat? (replace Bo and Josh with whoever you see fit).
It probably doesn't matter but if they were to add Monahan it's inevitable that one of Broadhurst/Monahan would have to play LW. Tierney can't be taken off C, he is just too good there and Horvat is like Watson was last year centering the Ruperts creating a good all around line.

Getting Monahan would be great, we'll just have to wait and see. Whatever happens I just don't want Elie, Platzer or Liberati dealt.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:51 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Only line you can break up right now in London is the 4th line.. the rest are rolling and don't touch them.
Bo and Rups are a constant as well as Domi/Broadhurst/Griff. Tierney with Anderson has also been a constant but with dif wingers thru the year for a # of reasons. Wely has been with them as much as any1 thou.
With all the missing D Wely has been moved in and around to fill spots. If we grab a winger the easiest thing would be to pop him in with Anderson, Tierney and see if it works. If not, its juggle time. One of Dales fav games.

I gotta feeling we dont grab Monahan ( thou Id love the move) and KK isnt on our radar. No inside info just speculation.

Old
12-31-2012, 01:57 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
It probably doesn't matter but if they were to add Monahan it's inevitable that one of Broadhurst/Monahan would have to play LW. Tierney can't be taken off C, he is just too good there and Horvat is like Watson was last year centering the Ruperts creating a good all around line.

Getting Monahan would be great, we'll just have to wait and see. Whatever happens I just don't want Elie, Platzer or Liberati dealt.
Exactly. Ive been saying I love them both at centre for a couple months now. Both can play with any1, any style, are defensively responsible, good at FOs, can put up some points et al.

I agree with trying to hold onto those 3 youngins as well. I really think all 3 can be quality O players. Time will tell if Mark can hold onto them or not. Gotta pay to play

Old
12-31-2012, 02:12 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
I gotta feeling we dont grab Monahan ( thou Id love the move) and KK isnt on our radar. No inside info just speculation.
I'm ok with not acquiring either of them. With respect to those three kids, I agree to keep them all too. The only person I want to trade is Jammes and picks (not sure what that could get us).
This is one year that I could actually be happy staying with the current team we have. People will ask though, is the team good enough once you (if you) get out of the O and to the tourney, can you beat the big guns from the Q and W. My answer is, we have one heck of a shot as is.

With all this said, c'mon, it's Mark Hunter. You know he is going to make something happen

Old
12-31-2012, 02:32 PM
aresknights

I dont disagree, wed have a shot standing pat, But we could also use this deadline to set us up for next year when we are missing Harrington, Hughes, Matta(maybe) Raine(trade bait?)
I also look at PLymouth last year and Ktown for 2010 who didnt add and came up short and had disapointing years following (well Ply isnt done yet) Take the shot while you got it. Having said that Marks in a fairly unique spot here. A very solid clib with lots of talent returning. How much is in ? Grif? Broadhurst? Matta? I say 1 or 2 back.
Gotta feeling a popular "role" player maybe moving on

Old
12-31-2012, 02:40 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
I dont disagree, wed have a shot standing pat, But we could also use this deadline to set us up for next year when we are missing Harrington, Hughes, Matta(maybe) Raine(trade bait?)
I also look at PLymouth last year and Ktown for 2010 who didnt add and came up short and had disapointing years following (well Ply isnt done yet) Take the shot while you got it. Having said that Marks in a fairly unique spot here. A very solid clib with lots of talent returning. How much is in ? Grif? Broadhurst? Matta? I say 1 or 2 back.
Gotta feeling a popular "role" player maybe moving on
Arrrgh, I know and totally agree based on that point you make. Plymouth could have been a monster last year had they made moves at the deadline!
I agree, with the 'role' player, its like Dane Fox all over again. Hardworker, sticks up for teammates, produces some offence and plays solid. D.

Old
12-31-2012, 02:56 PM
sbrug

It would suck losing Welychka but with his recent goal scoring including him in a trade might lessen the amount needed to include with him in a trade for a big name player. If Hunter was to just trade Welychka by himself, I'd bet he could get 2 second round picks back. That won't happen but 2.5 years left of a skilled, versatile winger is also coveted around the O. Every GM would find a palce for Welychka, he's not some unproven player like Pawley and Jammes.

I would also LOVE Trochek on the Knights. Great faceoff man and a top scorer. I think he'd be #1 on my list.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:25 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
It would suck losing Welychka but with his recent goal scoring including him in a trade might lessen the amount needed to include with him in a trade for a big name player. If Hunter was to just trade Welychka by himself, I'd bet he could get 2 second round picks back. That won't happen but 2.5 years left of a skilled, versatile winger is also coveted around the O. Every GM would find a palce for Welychka, he's not some unproven player like Pawley and Jammes.

I would also LOVE Trochek on the Knights. Great faceoff man and a top scorer. I think he'd be #1 on my list.
I'm with ya...so hypothetically, let's say the Saginaw GM liked Wely, Jammes and picks enough to give us Trochek and a Dman, who would you take from them (Dman)? (it might cost us Raine too)

Old
12-31-2012, 03:30 PM
KnightsInsider93

As of now Brett says he has not heard anything about being traded from anybody. He has not asked for a trade either.

He did not however shoot anything down. Told me "Well you can't listen to websites cause it's just rumours. but you never know"

Don't take that as he'd like to move, he's simply just stating that nobody is sure and everybody worries about being traded around this time of the year.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:36 PM
JL17

There isn't a D-man from Saginaw that I would look at. Trading for any of them wouldn't be an upgrade over trading Raine.

Very few players will ever come out and say the asked for a deal or heard the rumours.

Old
12-31-2012, 03:38 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
As of now Brett says he has not heard anything about being traded from anybody. He has not asked for a trade either.

He did not however shoot anything down. Told me "Well you can't listen to websites cause it's just rumours. but you never know"

Don't take that as he'd like to move, he's simply just stating that nobody is sure and everybody worries about being traded around this time of the year.
Sounds like 'cookie cutter' responses to me. Of course he wouldn't ask for a trade out of London, who would!? (maybe Jammes or Pawley due to playing time).
Players are people too and I am sure they hear what we hear. It must be unsettling being a London boy and all. Deep down I'd be worried if I was him, but hey, want can you do! Nothing except enjoy the ride. If he does get moved, at least he will have developed to where he is now under the guise of the Hunters. Not many are that fortunate.
Still don't want to see him go.....

Old
12-31-2012, 04:06 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post

It is an unsettling time for many jr kids. I almost wish the deadline hadnt turned into what its become, but it is what is.
If he stays no one will be upset, thats for sure.
When discussing trades his name comes up because of his skill set and unfortunately he can be replaced becasue of the depth in the system (ala Fox) esp if hes used to snag a F.
I havent heard he is in play from any Knights staff (nor will any of us I suspect )

MArk may just surprise us all here. He has in the past

Old
12-31-2012, 04:06 PM
aresknights

Go get #24!!

Old
12-31-2012, 05:44 PM
w e l o s t b o y s
Drawing Frog 8

and we're all tied up!

Old
12-31-2012, 05:55 PM
aresknights

And up 1! Ryan really working hard getting asst on all 3? Bo finishing off 2 and screening Anderson on the other.

Too many men. Ouch. Big kill with 6 left

Last edited by aresknights: 01-01-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Old
12-31-2012, 06:10 PM
aresknights

Sweet!

They sure dont make it easy. Real good effort for the Sting save for a few moments.

The Sting gotta be wondering what happened in that 4 min stretch.

Old
12-31-2012, 06:30 PM
nelli27

Wow! 24--This team refuses to lose!

3-2 win over Pollen town.

Down 2-0, and shorthanded to start the 3rd, London comes storming back. Easy Jocko--remember your blood pressure! It's easy to blame the refs. Jake and his crew seated in the front row behind the London bench were so angry that they were hitting themselves in the head with their yellow hardhelmets!
Horvat--huge game! Platzer has filled in admirably on D, but he was beaten like a rented mule on that second Sarnia goal.

The Gardens will be rocking tomorrow night.

What does London need moving forward?: 2 D-men---Harrington and Maatta.

Old
12-31-2012, 07:15 PM
Rubbers29

Quote:
Max Domi‏@max_domi

Congrats to @BoHorvat on his first hatty! #clutch #hugewin
The first goal is still showing as Anderson's on the OHL Game sheet anyone have a better view of if that puck hit Bo in front on the way in?, kinda look like it might of, but the Cogeco crew only showed 1 angle, if so Congrats Bo! either way a great game by him and the whole team!

Old
12-31-2012, 07:31 PM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbers29 View Post
The first goal is still showing as Anderson's on the OHL Game sheet anyone have a better view of if that puck hit Bo in front on the way in?, kinda look like it might of, but the Cogeco crew only showed 1 angle, if so Congrats Bo! either way a great game by him and the whole team!
The video replay guy said that he didn't see it hit Bo. Great game by both teams. One non-call cost the Sting 2 goals. Should be a good one tomorrow. I am very impressed at how the Knight never stop working. The Knight would be really scary if the actually had a goalie. Good Luck at 25. But I do hope the Sting can win tomorrow.

Old
12-31-2012, 07:33 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
Wow! 24--This team refuses to lose!

3-2 win over Pollen town.

Down 2-0, and shorthanded to start the 3rd, London comes storming back. Easy Jocko--remember your blood pressure! It's easy to blame the refs. Jake and his crew seated in the front row behind the London bench were so angry that they were hitting themselves in the head with their yellow hardhelmets!
Horvat--huge game! Platzer has filled in admirably on D, but he was beaten like a rented mule on that second Sarnia goal.

The Gardens will be rocking tomorrow night.

What does London need moving forward?: 2 D-men---Harrington and Maatta.
Good to see the refs help you get your 24th game congrats

Old
12-31-2012, 07:43 PM
nelli27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
The video replay guy said that he didn't see it hit Bo. Great game by both teams. One non-call cost the Sting 2 goals. Should be a good one tomorrow. I am very impressed at how the Knight never stop working. The Knight would be really scary if the actually had a goalie. Good Luck at 25. But I do hope the Sting can win tomorrow.
The Knights have TWO goalies that are near the top of the OHL in stats. What? 24 consecutive wins is not enough to be considered "really scary" good? You have high standards...I like that! So do the Knights!

Old
12-31-2012, 08:08 PM
JL17

I figure with the way Bo celebrated the first goal he got a stick or body part on it. Congrat to him on his first hatty!!!

The kid was a absolute beast again tonight.

Great third crappy first and second. That was the Knights team before the streak started... no TEAM work.

I agree Nelli Plazter had a rough night.

No offense Patterson is the real deal... every game even in his short season last year was always able to keep London in games and he won a couple he shouldnt' have.

Closed Thread