Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012 Patriots/NFL Thread Part III

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Hnidy Hnight

vCash: 500
There's little argument to be made that Seattle isnt the best team in football right now. Hanging 50+ points on the last two opponents, and wins over Green Bay, New England, and now skunking San Francisco on their resume. Things change week to week, but no team would feel good bout their chances vs Carroll and Co. right now

Old
12-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
There's little argument to be made that Seattle isnt the best team in football right now. Hanging 50+ points on the last two opponents, and wins over Green Bay, New England, and now skunking San Francisco on their resume. Things change week to week, but no team would feel good bout their chances vs Carroll and Co. right now
Every NFC PO team is hopeing Seattle is a WC, and do not want them to get a game at home.

Old
12-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Hnidy Hnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
Every NFC PO team is hopeing Seattle is a WC, and do not want them to get a game at home.
True. My thoughts as well. Only knock about them is the home heavy splits

Old
12-23-2012, 08:49 PM
CDJ*

Not too worried. A lot of scrubs were playing on defense and we held them to 16.

Brady got rocked all day today though. That was the only concerning part to me.

Old
12-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
This is the first game I've been able to see them play this season.

Wow. They are SCARY. Unbelievably strong. I am very, very impressed.

Old
12-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Not too worried. A lot of scrubs were playing on defense and we held them to 16.

Exactly there is no way to judge this defense when our only two capable corners (who are both pretty good) are not in, Our best run stopping LB aswell.

Cunnignham is back tommorow, he was a nice piece for blitzing and pass rushing.

Colts coach is back Sunday I hope he inspires his team to beat Houston and Denver only beat KC 16-9 a few weeks ago we can still get the one. #8% chance

Old
12-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Don't forget Wilson is a rookie. You never know how one of those will react in a big-game scenario, especially if Seattle plays on the road.

Between RG3, Luck, and Wilson, it'll be interesting to see who succeeds and who fails.

Old
12-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
Don't forget Wilson is a rookie. You never know how one of those will react in a big-game scenario, especially if Seattle plays on the road.

Between RG3, Luck, and Wilson, it'll be interesting to see who succeeds and who fails.
Imagine if all three make the conference championship Pats-Colts Seahawks-Skins.

Old
12-23-2012, 09:42 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
Exactly there is no way to judge this defense when our only two capable corners (who are both pretty good) are not in, Our best run stopping LB aswell.

Cunnignham is back tommorow, he was a nice piece for blitzing and pass rushing.

Colts coach is back Sunday I hope he inspires his team to beat Houston and Denver only beat KC 16-9 a few weeks ago we can still get the one. #8% chance
I'd be okay with an either/or situation. The bye is a lot more important than home field in my opinion.

Old
12-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post

The Seahawks have been improving all seasong long. The Pats have been shaky all season long.

Old
12-23-2012, 10:14 PM
CDJ*

I'm pretty content with my "shaky" 11-4 team. The second the Hawks play a road game in the playoffs, they will be ousted.

Old
12-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
The Seahawks have been improving all seasong long. The Pats have been shaky all season long.
The Pats have been slammed with injures and with Talib there D has been pretty good.
Points allowed
Rams first game were we really blitzed the hell out of the other team 7 points
Bills off a bye and the real outlier 31.
Colts 24
Jets 19- Played all reserves for there last TD drive.
Miami 16
Houston 14- Shancoe just gave them 7 at the end.
Sanfran 41 only 10 in second half
Jags 16

With Talib Holding all but Sanfran and Indy under 20. while averageing atleast 30 thats pretty good.

Old
12-24-2012, 08:12 AM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

So, what's the consensus opinion of this Indy/Houston game? Does Indy play their starters to get ready for the playoffs? Does Houston sit them? Does it matter?

Also, I won my league by .93 points! Dez Bryant, thank you.

Old
12-24-2012, 09:32 AM
BergyDGD
Gurley 4 Heisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
So, what's the consensus opinion of this Indy/Houston game? Does Indy play their starters to get ready for the playoffs? Does Houston sit them? Does it matter?

Houston is playing for the bye and Colts are locked into a wild card spot so they really have nothing to play for. That said, the Colts are young so they may want to keep the starters going to keep the chemistry building going into the playoffs and Chuck Pagano will be back and you know they're gonna want to win it for him.

Old
12-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Hnidy Hnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin4TheWin View Post
Houston is playing for the bye and Colts are locked into a wild card spot so they really have nothing to play for. That said, the Colts are young so they may want to keep the starters going to keep the chemistry building going into the playoffs and Chuck Pagano will be back and you know they're gonna want to win it for him.
Mike Flynn was on 98.5 a few hours ago, and had Pagano as a coach with Baltimore. Knowing him, he seems to think the Colts will go out trying to win because it's a division rival. We shall see.

Old
12-24-2012, 09:49 AM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

It'd also a pretty big mental boost to knock off the #1 seed before the playoffs start when you know they're trying.

Old
12-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

So it looks like the AFC wildcard games will be, Pats vs Bengals and Colts vs Ravens.

I like our chances at home against Dalton and the Bengals. Stopping Green is an absolute must though, that guy is insane and if he has another huge game, we could be in trouble. We have to hope Talib can play some key man to man that game or our secondary could be in for a long game. BJGE makes his return to Gillette, I think as long as we hold Dalton to short plays and not give up the huge passes to Green, this should be a very easy and winnable game for the Pats.

Old
12-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post

If Houston loses, they more than likely lose their bye. I doubt us or Denver will lose to Miami and Kansas City...

Colts, again, have nothing to win for. However, beating the #1 seed is a huge confidence booster, and it's always good to go into the playoffs beating the best... I think it'll be a good game. Probably either a Houston blowout if Indy doesn't care, or a very close game if both do.

I'd prepare for a WC game against the Bengals, however, as Confound said. If Denver loses to Kansas, I don't know what to think of them, and I doubt Indy will go all out. I'm fine with a matchup against the Bengals, but the Pats have been shaky... They were one endzone interception away from being beat by the 31st seed. Let's hope they show up in the playoffs 2012 style rather than 2011 style... The good news is we blew out Houston and made a hell of a comeback against the 49ers... We beat one of the best and we made sure that teams have to play a full game to beat us.

Old
12-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Alicat
Charge!

I may be the only one but I think Seattle is overrated.

Their secondary is going to take a big hit if they lose their appeals for testing positive for PED's so I don't see them going very far in the playoffs if this happens.

I am Boston Strong

Old
12-24-2012, 04:50 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
They were saying on the radio that flag that Schwarz thru on Thanksgiving that allowed a Houston TD and likely resulted in a Texans win is the difference between the Patriots winning Sunday and being a first overall seed.

WTH

Old
12-24-2012, 07:22 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
They were saying on the radio that flag that Schwarz thru on Thanksgiving that allowed a Houston TD and likely resulted in a Texans win is the difference between the Patriots winning Sunday and being a first overall seed.

WTH
It would only be guaranteeing a bye, since Denver is still most likely to end up with 1 more win.

Stupid Arizona game.

Old
12-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Defense played horrible for sure but they were missing both starting CBs, a starting OLB. Missing that many people creates mismatches, McCourty to CB, chug playing almost 70 snaps, yikes.

Old
12-24-2012, 10:09 PM
CDJ*

Chung is ****ing terrible.

Old
12-25-2012, 02:51 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Tough for me to agree or disagree with, as my first opportunity to watch them was so recently.

The Seahawks have found their stride at precisely the correct time and I've yet to see such a dominating performance from any other club thus far this season (considering the opponent). Seattle scares me going into the playoffs.

Old
12-25-2012, 07:41 AM
Mr Cartmenez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
That's true, but don't forget that most of our losses were based on bad luck. We probably have 1 legit loss (Niners) and maybe another one against Baltimore. We should have beaten the Hawks in Seattle.

But yes, as of right now, Seattle is a hot pick. To be honest, I don't love the top teams in the NFC, everyone's got some flaws, but the same could be said about the AFC.
Superbowl of red hot teams? Denver vs. Seattle

I don't think we'll get there. Can't see us beating the Broncos in Denver, but you never know, reg. season Manning >>> post-season Manning

Closed Thread