Notices

Players want EVERYONE held accountable

Old
12-24-2013, 08:49 AM
WinnipegWinter

vCash: 500
Players want EVERYONE held accountable

Gary Lawless - Twitter

Just got a late night angry call from agent of of member of #nhljets core. Says players don't blame Noel. But want him to hold ALL accountable.

I'm assuming Buff and Kane

WinnipegWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 08:52 AM
cbcwpg

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegWinter View Post
Gary Lawless - Twitter

Just got a late night angry call from agent of of member of #nhljets core. Says players don't blame Noel. But want him to hold ALL accountable.

So is this the problem in the dressing room....

Coach Noel is giving some players a free pass yet being a hard-ass with others?

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 08:57 AM
KCjetsfan

vCash: 123
i assume they mean stu and thor.
no i'm just being silly. they're gritty and heartful. that's all one can ask.

KCjetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 09:00 AM
WinnipegWinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
So is this the problem in the dressing room....

Coach Noel is giving some players a free pass yet being a hard-ass with others?
I would like to see Noel scratch Byfuglien and see how the team responds

WinnipegWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 09:01 AM
Aavco Cup

vCash: 2149
I've been getting the sense from his recent twitter that Lawless is reaching some kind of breaking point. Some of his comments seem directed at the media. Here's an example.

@garylawless: Too many of us have reached a dishonest evaluation of #nhljets talent based on hope for playoffs. Hope doesn't create playoffs. Talent, will

Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 09:01 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 131
geeez. is this what pro athletes have become? whining to their agents and going to the media instead of voicing their concerns in the dressing room, with teamates and to management. Sad sad sad. Hopefully Gary is just making stuff up because that is weak sauce.........as russell peters would say.. "be a man!"

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 09:03 AM
puck stoppa

I stated this last year, that Noel only loses it on his young guys (Kane, Burmi, Schief in the past) and doesnt hold vets accountable and everyone on here bit my head off saying vets deserve a longer leash, how has that worked out for us? Ladd never been benched for turnovers at the blue line, Buff for his lazy play, sitting Pavs if he sucks, etc. Sitting a few guys here and there for a few shifts can send a message but only young guys sit. Wheeler said in Boston all guys were held accountable and didn't know where they slotted in till the morning skate, here there is no depth for that but coach can still hold all accountable. Wheeler also said core is trying to lead but can't get job done, when one of your leaders says this, the message should be loud and clear, we need leadership in the room, cause I doubt Ladd holds his buddy Buff accountable!

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Can't wait to read Gary's article. Going to get interesting if true.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 09:08 AM
Aavco Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
geeez. is this what pro athletes have become? whining to their agents and going to the media instead of voicing their concerns in the dressing room, with teamates and to management. Sad sad sad. Hopefully Gary is just making stuff up because that is weak sauce.........as russell peters would say.. "be a man!"
Obviously the player thinks the true story hasn't been told and needs to be out in the public. You don't contact a reporter for any other reason. It will make for some interesting speculation though. Whose agent? Who is getting the free pass? It may not be who we think it is.

Old
12-24-2013, 09:09 AM
meedle

There is no accountability on this team. Noel only picks battles he thinks he can win. To me look at exhibit 100. Seto shows up late to practice. How come no scratch? No one is above the team.

The worst defensemen on the night and he gets the most minutes? How come Buff doesn't play with Stu? Bogo should get the most, then Trouba, then Buff. If Buff is going to stand there on the side of the net on the PK, why is he on the PK? I think Scheif had a bad game defensively, really need to send a msg.

If you aren't going to send msgs to the group, when your a new guy, you think you can get away with it cause there is no consequences. This is why this team is so mediocre. Its ok to be lazy and play bad. Nothing is going to happen.

meedle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 09:10 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
I've been getting the sense from his recent twitter that Lawless is reaching some kind of breaking point. Some of his comments seem directed at the media. Here's an example.

@garylawless: Too many of us have reached a dishonest evaluation of #nhljets talent based on hope for playoffs. Hope doesn't create playoffs. Talent, will
Lawless has refrained (as have all other Winnipeg media) from signalling out Chevy, but Chevy has to take some of the blame here, he's the one that's kept Noel employed, he must know the core of this group is weak, thinking Pavs is an elite goalie was a poor decision, there's a lot more.......

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 09:12 AM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Obviously the player thinks the true story hasn't been told and needs to be out in the public. You don't contact a reporter for any other reason. It will make for some interesting speculation though. Whose agent? Who is getting the free pass? It may not be who we think it is.
Who's in our core: Ladd, Little, Wheeler, Kane, Buff, Enstrom, Bogo, if it's true then it must have come from one of them.

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 09:16 AM
Hawker14

Just about every member of the "core", if not all of them, is a better player today than they were when the franchise relocated.

The organization, as a whole, is stronger today than it was when the franchise relocated.

That's progress.

It takes patience, and commitment to a well thought out strategic blueprint, to become a competitive/elite organization.

Long term this organization is headed in the right direction. Short term disappointment is unfortunately the painful byproduct of achieving long term goals.

It will work out.

Hitting the panic button is what incompetent, losing organizations do when "it gets darkest before dawn".

I don't believe that is what True North is.

Last edited by Hawker14: 12-24-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Hawker14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 09:26 AM
cbcwpg

vCash: 350
No one on this team is good enough to get a free ride, and if that's what's happening, it must stop. A team will never gel if players look around the room and see preferential treatment being given to specific players. This will become a cancer in the room.

If a player makes a bonehead play, then the coaching staff needs to treat him the same as everyone else, regardless of who it is. Every player should be benchable. Every player should be accountable.

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 09:32 AM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

Quote:
Gary Lawless - Twitter

What about Chevy?

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 09:45 AM
bazaaa*

Quote:
Gary Lawless - Twitter

trasnlated to: we do actually blame the coach. Really, that's exactly what they're saying.

bazaaa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 09:56 AM
ps241
2.6% chance

People might want to not read too much into what Lawless says some players agent said. Sorry but this is pretty flimsy even for a troll like Gary. He said, she said, 3rd hand sensationalism after we get our pants pulled down.

nothing much to see here.....keep it moving

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Channelcat

vCash: 2014
First off, that "writer" doesn't know squat. I do however believe that TNSE needs to rethink its whole policy of not firing coaches and not scratching players. What is that? Some sort of loyalty thing?

Remember when TNSE first bought the franchise and they were going to run things different, they weren't going to be the gong show that Jets v.1 was? It was going to be a tight ship blah blah....then Buff and Pavs get impaireds, Kane is flashing his money and they just let everything slide. Now here we are 2.5 seasons later with the most undisciplined rag tag unit in the league.

So what do you do? Start with firing the "coach" of course, bring in someone who doesnt just talk about accountibility but practices it too. If someone is playing poorly....scratch him. Doesnt matter if its Buff, Ladd, Wheeler, whoever. There are guys willing to work their ***** off, let them play.

Channelcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Maybe the players need to hold each other accountable too.

This hints that there is a split in the core. Just speculation though.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Aavco Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by meedle View Post
There is no accountability on this team. Noel only picks battles he thinks he can win. To me look at exhibit 100. Seto shows up late to practice. How come no scratch?.
Peluso was still suspended. You either needed a roster move (callup) or you dress 11 forwards & 7 D. Noel did say Seto's status was in doubt. St. Johns was on xmas break and it's not easy travel from there. I think they would've sat him if they had another forward option.

Old
12-24-2013, 10:22 AM
ducky

I am not a fan of Claude but I would want to see one real trade to try and address issues before firing the coach.

If there is a rift in the locker room that has to be addressed.

Part of the core seems to be an issue. Chevy needs to address that pronto.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Basalt13

Complete speculation on my part, but if anyone is going to send a message through there agent to the media about the problems with the team. It would be Pavelec. I am surprised he didn't pull a Roy and demand a trade after the team completely left him alone last night.

Basalt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Bristo

Quote:
Peluso was still suspended. You either needed a roster move (callup) or you dress 11 forwards & 7 D. Noel did say Seto's status was in doubt. St. Johns was on xmas break and it's not easy travel from there. I think they would've sat him if they had another forward option.
And that might still happen. They can bench him any time.

Bristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 10:38 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Gary Lawless - Twitter

The players don't blame Noel, but they dislike a thing that he does - without blame.

Not sure who it is, but Kane has been benched and had minutes docked on occasions. Pretty much everybody apart from Ladd, Little, Byfuglien and James Wright have gone through that. That said, the team still stunk when Byfuglien was playing well.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2013, 10:38 AM
Whileee

Very interesting.

Who are the whipping boys on the team (coach, media and fans)?

Buff (benched, moved to RW, etc.)
Kane ("healthy scratch", etc.)
Wheeler

Who are the players that are never criticized?

Ladd
Little
Bogo

My completely uninformed speculation is that Kane or Buff blew a gasket and are tired of bearing the brunt of fan and media criticism (and probably coaching staff).

In my opinion Ladd has been very bad for a long stretch now. He is a turning the puck over regularly at the blue lines (like he did a couple of years ago). Little has also been pretty ineffective lately. Bogo has made as many mistakes per minute as Buff. I'm still waiting for anyone to call out Ladd or Little or Bogo.

I'm thinking that it was Kane or Buff's agent, and they were referring to holding some of the leaders (Ladd, Little) accountable.

You can bet that if Lawless is hearing this from an agent, Chevy is too.

Whileee is offline   Reply With Quote