Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NFL Talk (2013 Edition)

Old
02-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Diatidialga

vCash: 500
YES!!!!! I've never been so happy before!!!

Diatidialga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Blah. That sucks.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Gm0ney

Baltimore got away with murder!

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:19 AM
jiho

I wonder if Ray Lewis can skate. He might be a good penalty KILLER.

jiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:39 AM
ghost88*

Lmao at all the bandwagon '9ner fans complaining about that last "non-call".

The ref did the right thing, look at the situation... Crabtree was playing the back-shoulder fade all the way... hence he was welcoming contact then he'd push off once the ball was thrown.

Kap and Crabtree definitely weren't on the same page that play. He threw the fade to the corner of the end-zone, not to Crabtree's back shoulder... thus Crabtree had to make an impossible adjustment given the fact he wasn't playing for that throw.

Easy non-call.

ghost88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:47 AM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
Ray ray!!!

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Yeah...about fantasy football...

Lost my playoff matchup in a huge way, check out some of these blunders:

-Started Matt Ryan over Josh McCown and Andrew Luck. Seriously, **** Matt Ryan. Guy has single-handedly tanked my FF team.

-LeGarrette Blount over Monte Ball. Over-thought this one, I thought my Pats would build up a huge lead over Cleveland and Blount would get plenty of totes. Oops.

I'm in a really deep league, so generally it's a no-brainer on who to start. It's been a rare week when I've left points on the bench with one player. Three players? In a playoff matchup? FML.
That's justice for being a Pats fan.

I don't know which team I dislike more the New England Patriots or Chelsea FC.

Old
12-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
That's justice for being a Pats fan.

I don't know which team I dislike more the New England Patriots or Chelsea FC.
How's that race for Bridgewater coming along? You're normally supposed to fire your crappy HC after the tank has been completed.

Don't worry, you won't be seeing Brady and Hoody's mugs on the SB podium this year. The defense is in shambles, Gronk's done, and it took an onside recovery and one of the worst PI calls in recent memory to beat ****ing Cleveland. I'm amazed they're 10-3.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
How's that race for Bridgewater coming along? You're normally supposed to fire your crappy HC after the tank has been completed.

Don't worry, you won't be seeing Brady and Hoody's mugs on the SB podium this year. The defense is in shambles, Gronk's done, and it took an onside recovery and one of the worst PI calls in recent memory to beat ****ing Cleveland. I'm amazed they're 10-3.
I'm actually torn on if I want Teddy or Clowney. Taking the consensus best QB backfires way too often (Texans already did it once taking Carr over Julius Peppers). I'd rather just take the best prospect and then take a QB to develop in the 2nd or 3rd (I personally like Tajh Boyd). Problem is a new HC almost always wants to tie their wagon to the best QB they can get their hands on. The other alternative I wouldn't mind is snagging Cutler out of Chicago if they don't extend him.

Firing Kubiak now made sense as we get to at least see what Wade Phillips can offer as HC. I really don't think he has a shot at the gig, but at least we'll see what he's got.

Also that PI call was atrocious, couldn't believe it.

Old
12-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Ok, I'm resurrecting the NFL Talk thread. Jet gets cranky when we start talking 4 down ball in his precious OT thread.

Quote:
I'm actually torn on if I want Teddy or Clowney. Taking the consensus best QB backfires way too often (Texans already did it once taking Carr over Julius Peppers). I'd rather just take the best prospect and then take a QB to develop in the 2nd or 3rd (I personally like Tajh Boyd). Problem is a new HC almost always wants to tie their wagon to the best QB they can get their hands on. The other alternative I wouldn't mind is snagging Cutler out of Chicago if they don't extend him.
Really? I think Clowney is pretty overhyped tbh. Crazy measurables and potential, but I really question his drive. Either he was bored with college football or playing hurt this season, didn't seem to be firing on all cylinders. No doubt he'll be a solid producer in the NFL, but I question whether he'll end up being worth a #1 overall.

I think Bridgewater will end up being a solid NFL QB. Then again, I said the same thing about Geno Smith last year. Doesn't look like a good projection so far...

What's the general consensus among Texans fans on Keenum? Thought his arm strength and pocket awareness looked pretty bad vs. New England. Haven't seen too much of him otherwise, but lots of people seem to think he's got potential.

Quote:
Firing Kubiak now made sense as we get to at least see what Wade Phillips can offer as HC. I really don't think he has a shot at the gig, but at least we'll see what he's got.
I've always liked Wade Phillips. That would be really cool to see him get the gig in Houston, follow in his dad's footsteps.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 12-10-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old
12-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Ok, I'm resurrecting the NFL Talk thread. Jet gets cranky when we start talking 4 down ball in his precious OT thread.

Really? I think Clowney is pretty overhyped tbh. Crazy measurables and potential, but I really question his drive. Either he was bored with college football or playing hurt this season, didn't seem to be firing on all cylinders. No doubt he'll be a solid producer in the NFL, but I question whether he'll end up being worth a #1 overall.

I think Bridgewater will end up being a solid NFL QB. Then again, I said the same thing about Geno Smith last year. Doesn't look like a good projection so far...

What's the general consensus among Texans fans on Keenum? Thought his arm strength and pocket awareness looked pretty bad vs. New England. Haven't seen too much of him otherwise, but lots of people seem to think he's got potential.

I've always liked Wade Phillips. That would be really cool to see him get the gig in Houston, follow in his dad's footsteps.
I like Clowney. He's been playing with bone spurs in his foot and has already stated that he's going to have surgery on them before the combine. The work ethic is a big concern though and his total lack of production this year as well (he also just recently got pulled over for doing 110 in a 70). Supposedly from those who watch college tape he's been excellent even though he's not getting the numbers, so I'm taking their word on that.

Bridgewater has some of the best mechanics, footwork, mental makeup, and accuracy for a QB, but doesn't have the total package of an Andrew Luck (who does?) and has been playing in a really weak conference. I think Teddy has a high floor, but I'm really unsure of his ceiling.

Overall I'm just trusting the team to make the right decision with the pick as all the guys have tons of potential, but each has their fair share of question marks. Anthony Barr is another guy who could potentially enter the equation.

Keenum seems to be a perfect backup. He's got a lot of good intangibles and is great on the move, but he's short, his throwing can become somewhat of a mess and teams have realized he's pretty bad when he gets blitzed so that's exactly what they've been doing against him.

My biggest question is who becomes the new HC and who the new coordinators will be. I really don't think Wade will become the HC, but he may retain his DC job. The OC will definitely be getting replaced. We've also finally fired our awful Special Teams coordinator who the fans have hated for yeeeeears. It's really been inexplicable on how he maintained the job for this long because even during our successful years, the special teams were consistently awful every game.

Last edited by Sweech: 12-10-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old
12-12-2013, 07:00 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Manning needs 5 td's and 954 (give or take) for the single season records.
TD's should be gravy for him. The yards are going to be tough, depending on the amount of time he plays in the final game.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWoodballs View Post
TD's should be gravy for him. The yards are going to be tough, depending on the amount of time he plays in the final game.
Really hoping he breaks it, but you're right the yards and how much he actually plays will be the biggest test.

Should be an interesting few weeks.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 08:42 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
It would be great for him to break it.
I hate Brees beyond belief

Saw this a couple weeks ago. ****ing hilarious.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 1291
Quote:
He should be able to break the td record very easily at his current pace. The yards will be close though. Not the biggest Peyton fan but he does make some great pizza!

Heading down to Minni for the Lions v. Vikings game and the last game in the Metrodome. Should be an epic weekend and a christmas gift to myself...........esp. if the Lions get their %$^% together and get into the playoffs.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 10:44 AM
JetsWillFly4Ever

ya so fantasy playoffs start this week and i have/had AP and Gronk..[mod]

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 12-12-2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: don't circumvent the filter
JetsWillFly4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 11:19 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Perhaps we see a shootout tonight.

500 yards, 5 TDs. #BroncosBest

truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

vCash: 844
My QB in my fantasy league is Manning. I need a big night from him, as this is for a trip to the finals.

Also need Keenan Allen to shine.

Am considering starting Montee Ball as well, but with him splitting carries with Moreno he's got a ceiling to his points. I need a monster point total here.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 400
Am I crazy or should the Texans be considering Barr as much as they should Clowney? Clowney has elite potential as a rusher, but not a whole lot else.

Barr can play standing up, cover TEs, still rush the passer very well and is a great run stopper with awesome pursuit. And zero questions about his drive.

If I'm the Texans and they aren't sold on any of the QBs, I'd say Barr would be as good a pick as any to pair with Watt.

Clowney would be way more valuable to a 4-3 team where his only responsibilities are run stopping and getting after the passer. Which he is unbelievable at.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbofan View Post
My QB in my fantasy league is Manning. I need a big night from him, as this is for a trip to the finals.

Also need Keenan Allen to shine.

Am considering starting Montee Ball as well, but with him splitting carries with Moreno he's got a ceiling to his points. I need a monster point total here.
In the semis also in two leagues this week.

God speed, Jamaal Charles.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
In the semis also in two leagues this week.

God speed, Jamaal Charles.
My roster (Yahoo PPR, 12-Managers)

QB: Peyton Manning
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: DeSean Jackson
RB: Zac Stacy
RB: Le'Veon Bell
TE: Dennis Pitta
W/R/T: Keenan Allen
Kicker: Garrett Hartley
Def: Kansas City

My projected point total is 170+ pts, even with my elite WR corps, am probably an underdog because of my middling RB's. My competition's lineup is gold throughout.

We should have been facing each other in the finals, but the league's #1 manager somehow managed to go 11-2 during the season despite having significantly lower point totals (by a couple hundred) than either of us.

Old
12-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
My roster (Yahoo PPR, 12-Managers)

QB: Peyton Manning
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: DeSean Jackson
RB: Zac Stacy
RB: Le'Veon Bell
TE: Dennis Pitta
W/R/T: Keenan Allen
Kicker: Garrett Hartley
Def: Kansas City

My projected point total is 170+ pts, even with my elite WR corps, am probably an underdog because of my middling RB's. My competition's lineup is gold throughout.

We should have been facing each other in the finals, but the league's #1 manager somehow managed to go 11-2 during the season despite having significantly lower point totals (by a couple hundred) than either of us.
How in the hell did you snag Peyton and Megatron in a 12 team league? That shouldn't even be possible in a 6 team league.

Old
12-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
How in the hell did you snag Peyton and Megatron in a 12 team league? That shouldn't even be possible in a 6 team league.

Well, some managers tend to avoid drafting QB's and WR's early because they perceive there is a lot of depth there. They follow the 'stock up on RB's early' strategy. Also I guess some put Peyton behind Brees/Rodgers/Brady on their charts.

I picked Johnson in the first round (3rd overall). Brandon Marshall was my pick in the second round on merit of his #of catches, as this is a PPR league, and the best receiving RB backs were gone. Peyton I picked in the third round. I went against the grain and didn't pick a back until the 4th round (Frank Gore).

This is sort of seems like an odd season of the NFL being dominated by receivers and QB's though instead by RB's. So it's worked out very well for me.

Old
12-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Well, some managers tend to avoid drafting QB's and WR's early because they perceive there is a lot of depth there. They follow the 'stock up on RB's early' strategy. Also I guess some put Peyton behind Brees/Rodgers/Brady on their charts.

I picked Johnson in the first round (3rd overall). Brandon Marshall was my pick in the second round on merit of his #of catches, as this is a PPR league, and the best receiving RB backs were gone. Peyton I picked in the third round. I went against the grain and didn't pick a back until the 4th round (Frank Gore).

This is sort of seems like an odd season of the NFL being dominated by receivers and QB's though instead by RB's. So it's worked out very well for me.
Gotcha.

My league doesn't use standard or PPR scoring, it's very QB-centric. Point per completion, point per 15 yards passing, six points per TD. So yeah, my perception of QB value might be a little skewed.

Manning would be the consensus #1 pick in my league, Calvin would probably go early teens since it's not PPR.

Old
12-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Gotcha.

My league doesn't use standard or PPR scoring, it's very QB-centric. Point per completion, point per 15 yards passing, six points per TD. So yeah, my perception of QB value might be a little skewed.

Manning would be the consensus #1 pick in my league, Calvin would probably go early teens since it's not PPR.
That's a lot of QB points!

Ours is closer to standard Yahoo scoring. No points per completion. 1 point per 20 yards passing. 6 pts per TD. -2 pts per fumble/int.

While RB/WR/TE's get 1 pt per reception, 1 pt per 10 yards gained on the rush/pass.

So the numbers, per position, are actually quite bit closer and your team needs to be well-rounded. Even still, Peyton is way ahead of everybody this year, and deservedly so. Exciting to watch him chase the records....