HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 8)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2013, 07:24 PM
  #226
SaNcAlandariel
Registered User
 
SaNcAlandariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2011 View Post
GM Connected loads soo sloww!
You should have tried it pre-patch. The way it is now is moderately fast compared to that.

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:36 PM
  #227
Propane Nightmares
Dearly Beloved
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: England land
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 41,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNcAlandariel View Post
Every time they end on a fluke. Every damn time. Maybe it's just me but I feel that that's the only way overtime winners are scored in this game.
My friend says that in OT he just takes crappy shots from the blue line and they go in.

He did it when my team played against his

Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:52 AM
  #228
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,010
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquin001 on Ice View Post
Is there any way to edit your team's lines during online play without doing it manually before each game with your opponent waiting on you? I had my lines just the way I want them, and then I go online and Chad Larose pops up on the 1st line
I wish.

I played a game yesterday and Kubina had 25 minutes of ice time.. After the 2nd period.

He just won't get off the ice.

Let me use Grossmann already

__________________
Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:56 AM
  #229
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,010
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats View Post
My friend says that in OT he just takes crappy shots from the blue line and they go in.

He did it when my team played against his
That's basicaly what I do online anyway.

I play Defense. Any time there's a guy in front of the net, I usually just wrist shot it low to deflect. My D man has 73 goals now and most of them are like that

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:40 AM
  #230
Ludicrous Speed
Registered User
 
Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Killumbus
Country: Micronesia
Posts: 10,965
vCash: 500
Lost my copy during a recent move

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:20 PM
  #231
Propane Nightmares
Dearly Beloved
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: England land
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 41,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
That's basicaly what I do online anyway.

I play Defense. Any time there's a guy in front of the net, I usually just wrist shot it low to deflect. My D man has 73 goals now and most of them are like that
No I mean he literally just skates into the zone on the rush and shoots on goal with no screen

Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:30 PM
  #232
vanboy99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 472
vCash: 500
problems hitting / lining up guys in EASHL (NHL 13)

Ive never been a good hitter even player NHL players on vs mode. Ive been building up my Dman mainly in drop in games. He is an offensive dman so not big (62 and 190 pounds) so that may be part of the problem.

On the defensive end, I do play a really good positional game and good with pokechecks but am having a serious time trying to hit guys coming into the zone.

Whenever I try, the offensive player would just seem to sidestep me with ease causing me to miss completely or just glance him and hed get by me. Ive gotten so nervous about trying to hit guys in fear of missing and causing a breakaway or outmanned scoring situation on my team. Any hints in terms of how I can improve on my hitting technique??

vanboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:33 PM
  #233
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte
 
MadhouseOnMadison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,518
vCash: 500
I forgot how cheap this game gets when you're on higher difficulty settings.

Hey EA, when Brent Seabrook lines up Taylor Hall for a head on open ice hit he should go down or at least lose the puck. He shouldn't just bounce off and continue on his way.

When a puck bounces past a stationary defender like Hal Gill and Patrick Kane is passing him in full stride, Gill shouldn't be able to not only catch up but PASS Kane to get to the puck. That's physically impossible. Every computer player is faster while casually skating then I am at full speed.

When I stick lift someone their stick shouldn't be able to come back down and regain possession of the puck before mine does. My stick is under theirs and I should be rewarded for successfully lifting the stick. You basically made a gameplay mechanic obsolete.

I shouldn't get a penalty every time I use the RB or A button on defense. When someone is skating directly at me and I poke check it should poke the puck away, not glitch through the puck and hit his feet and trip him.

If there are going to be super goalies in the game then make them for both teams, not just the CPU team.

Is there no such thing as interference? The CPU d-men DESTROY my players who set up in front of the net with no calls.

Intercepting passes is hilariously bad. The computer can do it no problem but when I cut off passing lanes it literally goes through me. I'll even look at the instant replay and it shows the puck passing through my stick blade or skate.


The point is they could increase the difficulty of the game by giving the computer more creative passing plays and playing smarter by shooting low for rebounds. Instead the computer just has superhuman abilities and can score on every point shot. Just terrible game design all around.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:11 PM
  #234
Tad Mikowsky
Retired
 
Tad Mikowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,442
vCash: 500
I tried posting it in HUT, but I like playing single player against other people's teams.

I try doing that, but the teams no longer show up. Any reason for that?

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:18 PM
  #235
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton
 
StreetSharks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Frisco
Posts: 5,473
vCash: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
I forgot how cheap this game gets when you're on higher difficulty settings.

Hey EA, when Brent Seabrook lines up Taylor Hall for a head on open ice hit he should go down or at least lose the puck. He shouldn't just bounce off and continue on his way.

When a puck bounces past a stationary defender like Hal Gill and Patrick Kane is passing him in full stride, Gill shouldn't be able to not only catch up but PASS Kane to get to the puck. That's physically impossible. Every computer player is faster while casually skating then I am at full speed.

When I stick lift someone their stick shouldn't be able to come back down and regain possession of the puck before mine does. My stick is under theirs and I should be rewarded for successfully lifting the stick. You basically made a gameplay mechanic obsolete.

I shouldn't get a penalty every time I use the RB or A button on defense. When someone is skating directly at me and I poke check it should poke the puck away, not glitch through the puck and hit his feet and trip him.

If there are going to be super goalies in the game then make them for both teams, not just the CPU team.

Is there no such thing as interference? The CPU d-men DESTROY my players who set up in front of the net with no calls.

Intercepting passes is hilariously bad. The computer can do it no problem but when I cut off passing lanes it literally goes through me. I'll even look at the instant replay and it shows the puck passing through my stick blade or skate.


The point is they could increase the difficulty of the game by giving the computer more creative passing plays and playing smarter by shooting low for rebounds. Instead the computer just has superhuman abilities and can score on every point shot. Just terrible game design all around.
This has ALWAYS been an issue for EA.. over a decade now.. I've been playing this series for over 20 years and that is the most frustrating thing.

now 2k did the AI and difficulty right, especially slider wise.. people here will bash 2k simply because of the graphics and no skill stick, but once you actually try the game on a high difficulty with the right sliders, it was one of the best hockey games ever, the gameplay felt real and the AI was not cheating or super human.

I wish the guys at EA could hire the folks that worked on the AI in 2k.. that would be fantastic.

StreetSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:56 PM
  #236
Cloned
Sexy Genesis
 
Cloned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 21,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanboy99 View Post
I’ve never been a good hitter even player NHL players on vs mode. I’ve been building up my Dman mainly in drop in games. He is an offensive dman so not big (6’2 and 190 pounds) so that may be part of the problem.

On the defensive end, I do play a really good positional game and good with pokechecks but am having a serious time trying to hit guys coming into the zone.

Whenever I try, the offensive player would just seem to sidestep me with ease causing me to miss completely or just glance him and he’d get by me. I’ve gotten so nervous about trying to hit guys in fear of missing and causing a breakaway or outmanned scoring situation on my team. Any hints in terms of how I can improve on my hitting technique??
Don't telegraph your hit. If you're playing drop in, chances are the forwards you're playing have at least their Superstar cards by now (most have their legends I would presume), so they all have decent agility and deking. It's exceptionally easy to glide deke or just put the puck to the backhand to avoid a telegraphed hit. Only go for the hit if they have no space to move laterally around you, or they're coming in so fast that they can't avoid you. If you aren't sure, use the hit + poke check combo.

Should also mention, if you want a hitting defenceman build, you should go with at least 200 pounds.

__________________

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series

Last edited by Cloned: 01-14-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 01:12 AM
  #237
InUtero
Oilers!
 
InUtero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmonton AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 50
What was updated with the latest roster update?

InUtero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:38 AM
  #238
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend
 
quentez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,257
vCash: 500
Looks like there have been a few updates to the AHL rosters. At least Norfolk looks pretty up to date.

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:40 PM
  #239
HeHateMeFrisbee
Registered User
 
HeHateMeFrisbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: England
Posts: 2,865
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to HeHateMeFrisbee Send a message via Yahoo to HeHateMeFrisbee
So are they not going to change the schedule?

HeHateMeFrisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:46 PM
  #240
JaredCowenFan
Welcome King Leon
 
JaredCowenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,045
vCash: 500
So nothing major in the Roster Update? I was really Hoping Yakupov was finally on the Oilers so I can get a full Oilers GM going.

Ugh...

JaredCowenFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:55 PM
  #241
gojacketsgo61
Fire the Refs!
 
gojacketsgo61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,705
vCash: 555
I really need help right now.

So I just finished an 82 game season in GM Connected. However, after doing "advance schedule period", it continues to just stay at the previous state and not go to playoffs. I've advanced four times but it won't go to playoffs.

Is there a way to fix this? If EA has seriously ignored this issue..

gojacketsgo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:00 AM
  #242
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend
 
quentez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
So nothing major in the Roster Update? I was really Hoping Yakupov was finally on the Oilers so I can get a full Oilers GM going.

Ugh...
I believe they (players like Yakupov, Schultz etc) will be added to the roster as soon as they play their first NHL-game. Believe there are some licensing issues.

But this years version is a complete joke, the rosters included.

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:30 PM
  #243
Jozay
lolwut?
 
Jozay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In someones closet..
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,232
vCash: 950
Hey guys, I have a problem.

Im the NYR and im trying to get Mike Richards. Im trying to get rid of Brad Richards in this deal too. But I cant seem to find anything that works.

Im trying to not get rid of the following:
Gaborik
Del Zotto
McDonaugh
Girardi
Staal
Callahan

So, as you can see, im trying to rip them off

Anyone know any good deals that can go through that would leave me as the clear winner?

Jozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:20 PM
  #244
T_Cage
VP of Awesome
 
T_Cage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
I believe they (players like Yakupov, Schultz etc) will be added to the roster as soon as they play their first NHL-game. Believe there are some licensing issues.

But this years version is a complete joke, the rosters included.
Schultz is on OKC

No Yak tho frustrates me. Just might start a new beagm anyway and pretend he chose to stay in the KHL ;-)

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:03 AM
  #245
SaNcAlandariel
Registered User
 
SaNcAlandariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Cage View Post
Schultz is on OKC

No Yak tho frustrates me. Just might start a new beagm anyway and pretend he chose to stay in the KHL ;-)
He has to play an NHL game before they can put him back in the game under NHL license.

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:09 PM
  #246
Baarle*
Lhme looduses
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 28.294194, -39.07612
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,268
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozay View Post
Hey guys, I have a problem.

Im the NYR and im trying to get Mike Richards. Im trying to get rid of Brad Richards in this deal too. But I cant seem to find anything that works.

Im trying to not get rid of the following:
Gaborik
Del Zotto
McDonaugh
Girardi
Staal
Callahan

So, as you can see, im trying to rip them off

Anyone know any good deals that can go through that would leave me as the clear winner?
Trade first rounders 4 or 5 years in advance, their trade value is immense

Baarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:25 PM
  #247
Jozay
lolwut?
 
Jozay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In someones closet..
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,232
vCash: 950
^^Yeah, thats what did

Anyways, how do I check waivers!?!

I just saw that Phil Kessel got claimed by the Avs. I didnt even get a notification.

Jozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:18 PM
  #248
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,881
vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozay View Post
^^Yeah, thats what did

Anyways, how do I check waivers!?!

I just saw that Phil Kessel got claimed by the Avs. I didnt even get a notification.
He would of got claimed before you ahd a chance, if no one else claims him before you then you will receive a notification.

18Hossa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:44 PM
  #249
JumboThornton92
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
I refuse to start a be a gm till the opening night rosters.

Has anyone tried those rosters over at operation sports? confirm or deny their usefulness? I know they started them off the old rosters and done a lot of movements and CAPs

JumboThornton92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:56 PM
  #250
straka91*
 
straka91*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,499
vCash: 500
It took me 2 hours to sim through 1 season in Be A GM mode on the PS3. WTF. Truesim sliders and the roster he recommends to play with them are beast.(Operation Sports.) Most realistic gameplay of hockey to date. Up to date but you will have to manually do the moves from the last couple of days, took me 10 minutes.

straka91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.