HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 8)

Old
01-13-2013, 07:24 PM
SaNcAlandariel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2011 View Post
GM Connected loads soo sloww!
You should have tried it pre-patch. The way it is now is moderately fast compared to that.

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Propane Nightmares
Dearly Beloved

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNcAlandariel View Post
Every time they end on a fluke. Every damn time. Maybe it's just me but I feel that that's the only way overtime winners are scored in this game.
My friend says that in OT he just takes crappy shots from the blue line and they go in.

He did it when my team played against his

Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:52 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquin001 on Ice View Post
Is there any way to edit your team's lines during online play without doing it manually before each game with your opponent waiting on you? I had my lines just the way I want them, and then I go online and Chad Larose pops up on the 1st line
I wish.

I played a game yesterday and Kubina had 25 minutes of ice time.. After the 2nd period.

He just won't get off the ice.

Let me use Grossmann already

01-14-2013, 01:56 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats View Post
My friend says that in OT he just takes crappy shots from the blue line and they go in.

He did it when my team played against his
That's basicaly what I do online anyway.

I play Defense. Any time there's a guy in front of the net, I usually just wrist shot it low to deflect. My D man has 73 goals now and most of them are like that

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Lost my copy during a recent move

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:20 PM
Propane Nightmares
Dearly Beloved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
That's basicaly what I do online anyway.

I play Defense. Any time there's a guy in front of the net, I usually just wrist shot it low to deflect. My D man has 73 goals now and most of them are like that
No I mean he literally just skates into the zone on the rush and shoots on goal with no screen

Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:30 PM
vanboy99

problems hitting / lining up guys in EASHL (NHL 13)

Ive never been a good hitter even player NHL players on vs mode. Ive been building up my Dman mainly in drop in games. He is an offensive dman so not big (62 and 190 pounds) so that may be part of the problem.

On the defensive end, I do play a really good positional game and good with pokechecks but am having a serious time trying to hit guys coming into the zone.

Whenever I try, the offensive player would just seem to sidestep me with ease causing me to miss completely or just glance him and hed get by me. Ive gotten so nervous about trying to hit guys in fear of missing and causing a breakaway or outmanned scoring situation on my team. Any hints in terms of how I can improve on my hitting technique??

vanboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:33 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

I forgot how cheap this game gets when you're on higher difficulty settings.

Hey EA, when Brent Seabrook lines up Taylor Hall for a head on open ice hit he should go down or at least lose the puck. He shouldn't just bounce off and continue on his way.

When a puck bounces past a stationary defender like Hal Gill and Patrick Kane is passing him in full stride, Gill shouldn't be able to not only catch up but PASS Kane to get to the puck. That's physically impossible. Every computer player is faster while casually skating then I am at full speed.

When I stick lift someone their stick shouldn't be able to come back down and regain possession of the puck before mine does. My stick is under theirs and I should be rewarded for successfully lifting the stick. You basically made a gameplay mechanic obsolete.

I shouldn't get a penalty every time I use the RB or A button on defense. When someone is skating directly at me and I poke check it should poke the puck away, not glitch through the puck and hit his feet and trip him.

If there are going to be super goalies in the game then make them for both teams, not just the CPU team.

Is there no such thing as interference? The CPU d-men DESTROY my players who set up in front of the net with no calls.

Intercepting passes is hilariously bad. The computer can do it no problem but when I cut off passing lanes it literally goes through me. I'll even look at the instant replay and it shows the puck passing through my stick blade or skate.

The point is they could increase the difficulty of the game by giving the computer more creative passing plays and playing smarter by shooting low for rebounds. Instead the computer just has superhuman abilities and can score on every point shot. Just terrible game design all around.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:11 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

I tried posting it in HUT, but I like playing single player against other people's teams.

I try doing that, but the teams no longer show up. Any reason for that?

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:18 PM
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton

vCash: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison View Post
I forgot how cheap this game gets when you're on higher difficulty settings.

Hey EA, when Brent Seabrook lines up Taylor Hall for a head on open ice hit he should go down or at least lose the puck. He shouldn't just bounce off and continue on his way.

When a puck bounces past a stationary defender like Hal Gill and Patrick Kane is passing him in full stride, Gill shouldn't be able to not only catch up but PASS Kane to get to the puck. That's physically impossible. Every computer player is faster while casually skating then I am at full speed.

When I stick lift someone their stick shouldn't be able to come back down and regain possession of the puck before mine does. My stick is under theirs and I should be rewarded for successfully lifting the stick. You basically made a gameplay mechanic obsolete.

I shouldn't get a penalty every time I use the RB or A button on defense. When someone is skating directly at me and I poke check it should poke the puck away, not glitch through the puck and hit his feet and trip him.

If there are going to be super goalies in the game then make them for both teams, not just the CPU team.

Is there no such thing as interference? The CPU d-men DESTROY my players who set up in front of the net with no calls.

Intercepting passes is hilariously bad. The computer can do it no problem but when I cut off passing lanes it literally goes through me. I'll even look at the instant replay and it shows the puck passing through my stick blade or skate.

The point is they could increase the difficulty of the game by giving the computer more creative passing plays and playing smarter by shooting low for rebounds. Instead the computer just has superhuman abilities and can score on every point shot. Just terrible game design all around.
This has ALWAYS been an issue for EA.. over a decade now.. I've been playing this series for over 20 years and that is the most frustrating thing.

now 2k did the AI and difficulty right, especially slider wise.. people here will bash 2k simply because of the graphics and no skill stick, but once you actually try the game on a high difficulty with the right sliders, it was one of the best hockey games ever, the gameplay felt real and the AI was not cheating or super human.

I wish the guys at EA could hire the folks that worked on the AI in 2k.. that would be fantastic.

StreetSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanboy99 View Post
I’ve never been a good hitter even player NHL players on vs mode. I’ve been building up my Dman mainly in drop in games. He is an offensive dman so not big (6’2 and 190 pounds) so that may be part of the problem.

On the defensive end, I do play a really good positional game and good with pokechecks but am having a serious time trying to hit guys coming into the zone.

Whenever I try, the offensive player would just seem to sidestep me with ease causing me to miss completely or just glance him and he’d get by me. I’ve gotten so nervous about trying to hit guys in fear of missing and causing a breakaway or outmanned scoring situation on my team. Any hints in terms of how I can improve on my hitting technique??
Don't telegraph your hit. If you're playing drop in, chances are the forwards you're playing have at least their Superstar cards by now (most have their legends I would presume), so they all have decent agility and deking. It's exceptionally easy to glide deke or just put the puck to the backhand to avoid a telegraphed hit. Only go for the hit if they have no space to move laterally around you, or they're coming in so fast that they can't avoid you. If you aren't sure, use the hit + poke check combo.

Should also mention, if you want a hitting defenceman build, you should go with at least 200 pounds.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series

Last edited by Cloned: 01-14-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 01:12 AM
InUtero
Oilers!

What was updated with the latest roster update?

InUtero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 04:38 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Looks like there have been a few updates to the AHL rosters. At least Norfolk looks pretty up to date.

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:40 PM
HeHateMeFrisbee

Send a message via AIM to HeHateMeFrisbee Send a message via Yahoo to HeHateMeFrisbee
So are they not going to change the schedule?

HeHateMeFrisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:46 PM
JaredCowenFan
Welcome King Leon

So nothing major in the Roster Update? I was really Hoping Yakupov was finally on the Oilers so I can get a full Oilers GM going.

Ugh...

JaredCowenFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:55 PM
gojacketsgo61
Fire the Refs!

vCash: 555
I really need help right now.

So I just finished an 82 game season in GM Connected. However, after doing "advance schedule period", it continues to just stay at the previous state and not go to playoffs. I've advanced four times but it won't go to playoffs.

Is there a way to fix this? If EA has seriously ignored this issue..

gojacketsgo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:00 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
So nothing major in the Roster Update? I was really Hoping Yakupov was finally on the Oilers so I can get a full Oilers GM going.

Ugh...
I believe they (players like Yakupov, Schultz etc) will be added to the roster as soon as they play their first NHL-game. Believe there are some licensing issues.

But this years version is a complete joke, the rosters included.

quentez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:30 PM
Jozay
lolwut?

vCash: 950
Hey guys, I have a problem.

Im the NYR and im trying to get Mike Richards. Im trying to get rid of Brad Richards in this deal too. But I cant seem to find anything that works.

Im trying to not get rid of the following:
Gaborik
Del Zotto
McDonaugh
Girardi
Staal
Callahan

So, as you can see, im trying to rip them off

Anyone know any good deals that can go through that would leave me as the clear winner?

Jozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:20 PM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
I believe they (players like Yakupov, Schultz etc) will be added to the roster as soon as they play their first NHL-game. Believe there are some licensing issues.

But this years version is a complete joke, the rosters included.
Schultz is on OKC

No Yak tho frustrates me. Just might start a new beagm anyway and pretend he chose to stay in the KHL ;-)

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:03 AM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Cage View Post
Schultz is on OKC

No Yak tho frustrates me. Just might start a new beagm anyway and pretend he chose to stay in the KHL ;-)
He has to play an NHL game before they can put him back in the game under NHL license.

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Baarle*
Lhme looduses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozay View Post
Hey guys, I have a problem.

Im the NYR and im trying to get Mike Richards. Im trying to get rid of Brad Richards in this deal too. But I cant seem to find anything that works.

Im trying to not get rid of the following:
Gaborik
Del Zotto
McDonaugh
Girardi
Staal
Callahan

So, as you can see, im trying to rip them off

Anyone know any good deals that can go through that would leave me as the clear winner?
Trade first rounders 4 or 5 years in advance, their trade value is immense

Baarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Jozay
lolwut?

vCash: 950
^^Yeah, thats what did

Anyways, how do I check waivers!?!

I just saw that Phil Kessel got claimed by the Avs. I didnt even get a notification.

Jozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:18 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozay View Post
^^Yeah, thats what did

Anyways, how do I check waivers!?!

I just saw that Phil Kessel got claimed by the Avs. I didnt even get a notification.
He would of got claimed before you ahd a chance, if no one else claims him before you then you will receive a notification.

18Hossa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:44 PM
JumboThornton92

I refuse to start a be a gm till the opening night rosters.

Has anyone tried those rosters over at operation sports? confirm or deny their usefulness? I know they started them off the old rosters and done a lot of movements and CAPs

JumboThornton92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:56 PM
straka91*

It took me 2 hours to sim through 1 season in Be A GM mode on the PS3. WTF. Truesim sliders and the roster he recommends to play with them are beast.(Operation Sports.) Most realistic gameplay of hockey to date. Up to date but you will have to manually do the moves from the last couple of days, took me 10 minutes.

straka91* is offline   Reply With Quote