HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 8)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2013, 05:46 PM
  #476
SP0RTSFANATIC98
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
I am very curious as well because in one gm of mine PHX has a 4.5 star forward rating. They only have 1 forward over 82 ovr (Corry Perry) and only 6 over 80 ovr

SP0RTSFANATIC98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:19 PM
  #477
JaredCowenFan
Connor "McJesus"
 
JaredCowenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,540
vCash: 500
Looking for an EASHL Club on PS3.

Hit me up: SenzFan2.

JaredCowenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:48 AM
  #478
ThatGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 863
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ThatGuy
So is this game worth buying? Played '07-'11, skipped '12, debating getting '13. Might get Fifa instead though, anyone play both and want to compare their experience?

ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 04:17 AM
  #479
Cloned
Dial M for Michelle
 
Cloned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 22,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
So is this game worth buying? Played '07-'11, skipped '12, debating getting '13. Might get Fifa instead though, anyone play both and want to compare their experience?
At this point, I'd probably wait till NHL 14. FIFA is a much better game between the two of them as well. It's miles more polished, has a better game engine, better features, less bugs, better music, better gameplay, etc. This applies to both online and offline.

__________________

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:23 AM
  #480
ThatGuy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 863
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ThatGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
At this point, I'd probably wait till NHL 14. FIFA is a much better game between the two of them as well. It's miles more polished, has a better game engine, better features, less bugs, better music, better gameplay, etc. This applies to both online and offline.
I'll probably take your advice unless I get a bunch of differing opinions. Funny thing is though, I just checked EA's fifa 13 forum and one of the top threads is "So who's going to boycott Fifa 14" Seems like either people love to complain or both games kinda suck.

ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 08:52 AM
  #481
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,902
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
I'll probably take your advice unless I get a bunch of differing opinions. Funny thing is though, I just checked EA's fifa 13 forum and one of the top threads is "So who's going to boycott Fifa 14" Seems like either people love to complain or both games kinda suck.
Fifa 13 is MILES better than NHL 13 especially if you like playing manager mode.

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 10:05 AM
  #482
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
Fifa 13 is MILES better than NHL 13
I disagree. (Haven't played FIFA 13's manager mode though) I actually prefer FIFA 12 and I really enjoy NHL 13.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 11:22 AM
  #483
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 9,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunksuperhero View Post
apologies if it's been discussed but is there some sort of bug in penalties?

im playing offline BAGM, quite enjoying it except i'm literally NEVER on the powerplay. cpu penalties are maxed but they absolutely do not ever take any sort of penalty. i've got cpu teammate penalties at 2 out of 6 and i generally give away 2 or 3 penalties per game, which is fine. my sliders are good aside from this, i dont want to mess them up, but WTH is up with penalties? slash me, trip me, dump it straight out, do something!
I've come to the conclusion that there is no standard for penalties. I've managed to knock the puck away from a guy on a breakaway and not touch him at all and he'll drop to his knees for some reason getting the call. Just last night, in be a pro, on the powerplay, opposing team cleared the puck and then one of their defenseman proceeded to interfere with me, cross-check me to the ice and then when i was getting back up, body checked me for a foot a way that apparently sent me flying backwards 10 feet. No penalty called.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:28 PM
  #484
Baarle*
Lähme looduses
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 28.294194, -39.07612
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,307
vCash: 500
So I drafted a goalie first overall, he's only a 69. For his development, would you reccomend playing him in the AHL or giving him the starting job?

Baarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 12:58 PM
  #485
SaNcAlandariel
Registered User
 
SaNcAlandariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baarle View Post
So I drafted a goalie first overall, he's only a 69. For his development, would you reccomend playing him in the AHL or giving him the starting job?
What are his stats (Blocker High / low etc.)?

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:19 PM
  #486
n00bxQb
Registered User
 
n00bxQb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,117
vCash: 500
Unless they're ready to step into the NHL, I always give draft picks 2 years in juniors before I sign them.

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:30 PM
  #487
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!
 
Sean Garrity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Nut
Country: United States
Posts: 9,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
So is this game worth buying? Played '07-'11, skipped '12, debating getting '13. Might get Fifa instead though, anyone play both and want to compare their experience?
For me, an online only player, it depends what you are looking for. I play EASHL on NHL almost exclusively with a couple buddies. I rarely play NHL alone, because to me it is boring. On the other hand, on FIFA, I play strictly the online season mode alone and have a blast doing so.

I can't comment too much on the offline modes. But from prior experience playing both, FIFA has almost always trumped the NHL series.

In short, I guess it depends if you like to play online v offline, and with friends or without them.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 02:31 PM
  #488
n00bxQb
Registered User
 
n00bxQb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,117
vCash: 500
In the event of multiple teams placing the highest bid (tie bids) in GM Connected, EA uses reverse alphabetical order to determine the winner (Winnipeg is Atlanta in the coding, so they'll only win a tie-bid if Anaheim is the other team).

So the determination is:
Salary per year (# of years is irrelevant)
Reverse alphabetical order (Winnipeg = Atlanta)

Incredibly lame

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 03:26 PM
  #489
SP0RTSFANATIC98
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
In the event of multiple teams placing the highest bid (tie bids) in GM Connected, EA uses reverse alphabetical order to determine the winner (Winnipeg is Atlanta in the coding, so they'll only win a tie-bid if Anaheim is the other team).

So the determination is:
Salary per year (# of years is irrelevant)
Reverse alphabetical order (Winnipeg = Atlanta)

Incredibly lame
If only the players were smart like Parise who chose Minny after researching multiple factors (prospects, current roster, etc.). In nhl 13 they just use their ABCs

SP0RTSFANATIC98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 04:13 PM
  #490
n00bxQb
Registered User
 
n00bxQb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,117
vCash: 500
Yeah, it would be nice if it factored in a bunch of stuff like:

Salary (IMO, total salary should be more important than salary per year, providing that the salary meets the minimum expectations for that length of contract)
Contract term
Projected role on team at time of signing
Expectations of team (Contender, Bubble Team, or Rebuilder)
# of players from home country

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:07 PM
  #491
SaNcAlandariel
Registered User
 
SaNcAlandariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
In the event of multiple teams placing the highest bid (tie bids) in GM Connected, EA uses reverse alphabetical order to determine the winner (Winnipeg is Atlanta in the coding, so they'll only win a tie-bid if Anaheim is the other team).

So the determination is:
Salary per year (# of years is irrelevant)
Reverse alphabetical order (Winnipeg = Atlanta)

Incredibly lame
How did you find this out?

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 05:11 PM
  #492
n00bxQb
Registered User
 
n00bxQb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNcAlandariel View Post
How did you find this out?
Testing

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9295679.page

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 07:18 PM
  #493
SP0RTSFANATIC98
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
Yeah, it would be nice if it factored in a bunch of stuff like:

Salary (IMO, total salary should be more important than salary per year, providing that the salary meets the minimum expectations for that length of contract)
Contract term
Projected role on team at time of signing
Expectations of team (Contender, Bubble Team, or Rebuilder)
# of players from home country
I really like that idea actually!

SP0RTSFANATIC98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:48 AM
  #494
Kellogs
G'night Sweet Prince
 
Kellogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,271
vCash: 500
That's just lazy lazy programming.

Kellogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:50 AM
  #495
ds246pit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
I've come to the conclusion that there is no standard for penalties. I've managed to knock the puck away from a guy on a breakaway and not touch him at all and he'll drop to his knees for some reason getting the call. Just last night, in be a pro, on the powerplay, opposing team cleared the puck and then one of their defenseman proceeded to interfere with me, cross-check me to the ice and then when i was getting back up, body checked me for a foot a way that apparently sent me flying backwards 10 feet. No penalty called.
So there is one aspect of this game that is realistic to the NHL then!!

ds246pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:01 PM
  #496
SP0RTSFANATIC98
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
Anyone know how the game decides if your players should play in the chl. Shouldn't you be able to decide if your players can play in the nhl or not? Ex: In 2013 I drafted Jonathan Drouin at 3rd overall and he came out of the draft at 77 OVR. However he is playing in the CHL when I would obviousely give him 3rd line minutes. My other centers are Giroux, Duchene, and Mclement.

Edit: Now Droiun is 87 ovr in his second year and is still in the CHL!!!!!


Last edited by SP0RTSFANATIC98: 02-13-2013 at 07:02 PM.
SP0RTSFANATIC98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:04 PM
  #497
SP0RTSFANATIC98
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
In another GM of mine I drafted MacKinnon 2nd (64 ovr 5 green stars!!!) Seth Jones went #1 with 64 ovr and 4.5 yellow stars!! Has anyone else seen a 5 green star guy!

SP0RTSFANATIC98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:15 PM
  #498
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,902
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP0RTSFANATIC98 View Post
In another GM of mine I drafted MacKinnon 2nd (64 ovr 5 green stars!!!) Seth Jones went #1 with 64 ovr and 4.5 yellow stars!! Has anyone else seen a 5 green star guy!
One time I drafted Damien Ketlo (G) 1st overall and he had 5 green stars. He got to a 96 ovr for me

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:30 PM
  #499
Oilers4life1987
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 502
vCash: 500
Sven johansen 1st overall 81 overall in 2018 5 green stars. 1-2 punch of RNH n him lol

Oilers4life1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 09:58 PM
  #500
SP0RTSFANATIC98
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
My Experiences with 2013 draft prospects

Nathan Mackinnon-62-64 first year, 66-72 second year, 78-82 third year, peaks around 92 but have had as high as 94, first year in nhl usually 15-16

Jonathan Drouin-74-80 first year, 82-85 second year, 86+ third year, peaks at 90-92, nhl ready first or second year

Hunter Shinkaruk-62-80 first year, 64-82 second year, 74-85 third year, peaks around 88, nhl ready in first year-50% not nhl ready until third year-50%

Seth Jones-62-66 first year, 64-70 second year, 66-74 third year, generally not nhl ready until fourth year, peaks around 89 like most top defenseman

Ryan Pulock-72-78 first year, 76-82 second year, 80-84 third year, peaks around 86, nhl ready second year

Josh Morissey-68-74 first year, 76-82 second year, 82-84 third year, peaks around 87, nhl ready second year f

From this data I have 2 questions
1. Why do the elite defensman prospects(Ekblad, Jones) always take longer to develop than top 10/1st round defenseman(Morissey, Pulock)?
2. What are your experiences with these players? good or bad is ok

SP0RTSFANATIC98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.