HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 8)

Old
02-14-2013, 12:14 AM
ArGarBarGar
Doc Messier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP0RTSFANATIC98 View Post
Anyone know how the game decides if your players should play in the chl. Shouldn't you be able to decide if your players can play in the nhl or not? Ex: In 2013 I drafted Jonathan Drouin at 3rd overall and he came out of the draft at 77 OVR. However he is playing in the CHL when I would obviousely give him 3rd line minutes. My other centers are Giroux, Duchene, and Mclement.

Edit: Now Droiun is 87 ovr in his second year and is still in the CHL!!!!!
Go to roster moves and call him up to your NHL roster. Not sure why he would be stuck there but there is a simple solution.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:27 AM
SP0RTSFANATIC98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Go to roster moves and call him up to your NHL roster. Not sure why he would be stuck there but there is a simple solution.
If the players get sent to the CHL by the AI you cant call them up like your AHL players.

SP0RTSFANATIC98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:07 AM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

This game has the most goddman strangest progression system. Andreas Bernard, a 22 year old Italian goalie whos in the mid 60s with 2 1/2 yellow stars somehow became a 85 goalie with a 4 green stars. He was never signed untill he got to 75 overall.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:33 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

So when playing online, does anyone feel as much satisfaction as I do when you destroy those people that try to do the loose puck dekes whenever entering the zone and always go for hip checks (and fail)?

Also, do you re-pay your opponents the favor by making them watch all the replays of your goal if they do it to you? lol I usually give them a one-goal safety, if they do it more than once, they're watching all the replays of my goal plus any in-between play business.

BonMorrison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:38 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
So when playing online, does anyone feel as much satisfaction as I do when you destroy those people that try to do the loose puck dekes whenever entering the zone and always go for hip checks (and fail)?
I also usually send them a message just saying "cool dekes bro"

Quote:
Also, do you re-pay your opponents the favor by making them watch all the replays of your goal if they do it to you? lol I usually give them a one-goal safety, if they do it more than once, they're watching all the replays of my goal plus any in-between play business.
It depends on the consistency of replays or what they come on. Sometimes I let the replays roll because I'm running around the house trying to do something that came up mid-game (dog wants to go out, woodstove fire running out, etc.). Or if a play is particularly great or "WTF" worthy, that's also acceptable.

kdfsjljklgjfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:44 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg View Post
It depends on the consistency of replays or what they come on. Sometimes I let the replays roll because I'm running around the house trying to do something that came up mid-game (dog wants to go out, woodstove fire running out, etc.). Or if a play is particularly great or "WTF" worthy, that's also acceptable.
Well obviously if someones running around their house, that's understandable - I'm just a dick in that regard. But if it's someone that's clearly enjoying their play, I can accept that but only on the one replay. If I have to watch the second angle - no sir. It's going down.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:54 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

vCash: 191
Sometimes I think people make you watch the replays just to get you riled up. Usually when they do it makes me wanna beat them even more

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:30 PM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Sometimes I think people make you watch the replays just to get you riled up. Usually when they do it makes me wanna beat them even more
I like to watch the replays, but what ever happened to watching the replays just because I'm not in a rush to finish a game? Why is everyone in such a hurry to finish every match?

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:45 PM
madgoat33

anyone else annoyed that its been 3 weeks since the last roster update?

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Yup especially since games like nba 2k pretty much update every single day. Ea is lazy as ****

Bgav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:29 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Before they release that when will they release a new patch?

InUtero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:33 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge View Post
Before they release that when will they release a new patch?
It's February, so I doubt any patches are coming ... even though the game desperately needs one.

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:33 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNcAlandariel View Post
I like to watch the replays, but what ever happened to watching the replays just because I'm not in a rush to finish a game? Why is everyone in such a hurry to finish every match?
It's the same reason why nobody ever lets their goalie hold the puck or avoids icings at all cost. People just like to keep the action going especially if you're in a groove and want to play a bunch of online games in one night. Goal replays, I think is just a courtesy thing.

Old
02-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Anyone on here that plays right D need a team?

My team is looking for a 5th skater to play with so we can start trying a variation of the left wing lock. We tried it last night and for the most part it was working well until the other team started attacking on the AI's side.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:02 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
It's the same reason why nobody ever lets their goalie hold the puck or avoids icings at all cost. People just like to keep the action going especially if you're in a groove and want to play a bunch of online games in one night. Goal replays, I think is just a courtesy thing.
nobody lets their goalie hold puck because you can get the puck 80+% of the time spitting it out and nobody wins that high a percentage of faceoffs.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:28 PM
TedenbysFrontTeeth
INFP

Quote:
nobody lets their goalie hold puck because you can get the puck 80+% of the time spitting it out and nobody wins that high a percentage of faceoffs.
If it's a drop-in game, doesn't having a face-off, or a stoppage of play, restore your team's energy a little bit? I understand what you mean. I'm only curious. I think I've noticed it before.

TedenbysFrontTeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

I average 76 percent on faceoffs through 110 games of center and I still dislike the goalie playing the puck due to their passing abilities being severely limited by the game animations..

I'm not saying all goaltenders have to be brodeur, but they should be able to pass like actual goaltenders. If they don't use the r1 + up button, they generally don't get past the hashmarks with their passes.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 06:35 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan2326 View Post
If it's a drop-in game, doesn't having a face-off, or a stoppage of play, restore your team's energy a little bit? I understand what you mean. I'm only curious. I think I've noticed it before.
maybe, but for the style i play which is all about transitions (i rarely set up in o zone for a sustained period of time), and the fact I'm only at about 50% on faceoffs means spitting the puck is generally better for me. only times i hold it is if i just gave up aflurry of chances, i know my guys are gassed, or if there's no decent lane

Old
02-15-2013, 11:52 PM
JaredCowenFan
ErikKarlssonFan

Can someone tell me why my skating animation is different. All my stats did re-set but I got my Skating category back up to what it was before. It's like that sluggish, slow arm back and forth animation not that fast one that always goes and makes you jet. I'm not the same player without it. I tried to explain it best I can.

Last edited by JaredCowenFan: 02-17-2013 at 12:14 AM.
JaredCowenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 11:56 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I average 76 percent on faceoffs through 110 games of center and I still dislike the goalie playing the puck due to their passing abilities being severely limited by the game animations..

I'm not saying all goaltenders have to be brodeur, but they should be able to pass like actual goaltenders. If they don't use the r1 + up button, they generally don't get past the hashmarks with their passes.
It's kinda annoying that you can either pass it really short or throw it up in the air like a quarterback. How about passing it up to your blue line or ringing it around the boards?

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 12:11 AM
Swervin81
aka LeafsSharksBoy

2 notes:

1. I was playing EASHL online with some friends and it was 0-0 in the 3rd period and our opponents scored a good goal that wasn't waved off. Then, for whatever reason, the faceoff is in our own zone, the score is still 0-0, and there are 2 more minutes put back up on the clock. WTF?!

2. Pucks that go just in the part of the net just inside the post and pop back out don't count for whatever reason. I'm talking about one like this:

Swervin81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:22 AM
PlayTheTrap
GM: 8 Cups/22 years

Quote:
I don't understand why people avoid freezing with the goalie. Maybe people know their centers are just speed players with low faceoff stats.

I've always based my centers on having above average faceoffs and my defensemen have to be able to shoot (among other things). When I DO face the odd layer who'll freeze, they get peppered off the faceoffs.

PlayTheTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:30 AM
PlayTheTrap

Quote:

When they deke that much I just keep 2 feet away, wait for the dekes to finish and time a poke-check. As for hip-checking, thanks for the 4 second heads-up you are going in a straight line and giving me tons of opportunity to avoid you fools.

Replays are another thing, I usually make everyone watch the first angle of goals (both teams) and most of the other cutaways. If my opponent wants to watch both angles of his goals, then I make him watch mine.

Ever get people who will waste their one pause just to skip the pre-game intro?

Old
02-16-2013, 12:37 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

^^Haha yes - people think pressing start will skip the pre-game and they waste a pause.

More online ramblings, has anyone encountered those fools who are playing with more than one person on the team? I see it a lot and 99% of the time it's an easy win because none of them know how to play as a team. Last night, I had a 5 on 0 rush on on the PP.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:56 PM
PlayTheTrap

Quote:

More online ramblings, has anyone encountered those fools who are playing with more than one person on the team? I see it a lot and 99% of the time it's an easy win because none of them know how to play as a team. Last night, I had a 5 on 0 rush on on the PP.
Then you get the 1% who DO know how to play as a team and it makes it a challenge.