HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 8)

Old
02-27-2013, 06:48 AM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

vCash: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo bango bongo View Post
I donít understand why my be a gm team sucks..
My goalies are 83 and 81.
My Defense is 89,87,86,84,81,80. Good mix of offensive guys and defensive guys.

My Forwards are 87-87-82, 81-85-75, 80-79-81, 79-80-80

Iíve switched up lines to even out averages. Iíve made my lines with one playmaker, one sniper, one power forward. Iíve made trades to upgrade positions, and yet Iím still sucking. Iíve switched up strategies numerous times. No matter what I do, my team always sucks. Bottom 5 for past 3 seasons.

Then I look at the best team in the league right now and their top line (83-81-78) is outscoring my top line by a lot. I donít get it, why does my team suck (bottom 5) when I got the most powerful and deepest team in the league.

I mainly sim the seasons, but after a 9 game losing streak, I decided to play a game. Outshot opponent 20-7, lost 2-1, last goal they scored came with less than a minute left in the 3rd off a weak backhander. My team just canít win. wtf

Help?
Overall doesn't matter too much I think.
My team on average is slightly worse than yours but with a 30-10-3 record.
All of my centres are above 53% faceoff wins.
I have a defensive system that tries to force dump and chase, but always have a fast dman on the ice to gather that puck. Good players in the minors for injury replacements.

I also think it's useful to have different kinds of players on each line. I had this problem because I picked up too many playmakers, and didn't have the firepower to utilize it properly. So I picked up Semin and a solid 4th liner that could shoot.

Holyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
"LA is putting Mike Richards on waivers."

...Thanks?

Drafted Walter Fediuk first overall, traded up out of boredom. 67 OVR, let him play in juniors. Next year, look at free agents, 85 overall. Calder, Art Ross, Rocket, Hart, Lindsay, 160 points. 92 overall next year. Is that possible...? Only 4 and a half stars at draft.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:21 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/152632066

good physics

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Krishna

This game is so frustrating when you are a few games from a card upgrade.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 07:44 PM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Nothing better than outshooting your opponent 27 - 0 in the 3rd period and OT with the opponents goalie making physically impossible saves only for him to get a bounce and pull that backhand-forehand ******** deke and win in OT. I'm honestly surprised I haven't broken my controller yet.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 10:37 PM
kovatroll*
David Clarkson ✘👎

Finally decided to stop being a nice guy in Gm Mode and try exploiting the trade needs surplus in this game.

Traded Ottawa Johnny Boychuck (32 yr old, 80 overall) and a 24 yr old 69 overall low potential depth winger for Codi Ceci, who was 82 overall 22 years old.

Now at the start of the season Ottawa didn't bother resigning Boychuck, and from what I can tell the other guy is still 69-70 and never going to be an NHL player. Meanwhile Ceci jumped up to 87 overall.

kovatroll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 02:31 PM
GodTukka*

Does anyone have good sliders for 5 minutes and superstar?

It isn't really fun when you outshoot the team 32-12 every time

GodTukka* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
Nothing better than outshooting your opponent 27 - 0 in the 3rd period and OT with the opponents goalie making physically impossible saves only for him to get a bounce and pull that backhand-forehand ******** deke and win in OT. I'm honestly surprised I haven't broken my controller yet.
I'm awful at that deke lol. I always get in too close and can't lift the puck.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Krishna

Goalies mostly fixed besides that forehand back hand ****

fix it already

It's worse than the cross creases

Old
03-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Vikingstad
**** the King

Quote:
My controller now has the left analog stick staying slightly upwards at all times. Probably a result from all the attempts to destroy the controller that ive made.

Vikingstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Krishna

The 'sweet spot' for interference is still way too big

If I touch a puck for a split second and get hammered 3 seconds later, that's a penalty..

Old
03-03-2013, 11:11 PM
JaredCowenFan
CELLYBRATE #Sens

So after a very lustrious Oilers GM with 8 cups in 10 years GM JaredCowenFan moves on to GM the music city, Nashville. Here is Nashville are top line is H. Sedin-Datsyuk-P. Kane. Hell yah!

JaredCowenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:

LOL I hear you there im on my 3 controller in about 3 months, and its not like i care to much it is just a game and i got more important things to do BUT it really just gets to me, like you can outshoot a team by like 30 shots and lose the game like 4-1 like WTF EA, or when your standing on the boards and the puck somehow goes right by you WTF? I dont really care to much about NHL and i dont even play it as much but when i do something pisses me off and i throw my controller across my room and now it is taped up....

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:27 AM
kr4ke

Anyone interested in Lemieux? Message me (xbox)

kr4ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:31 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
So after a very lustrious Oilers GM with 8 cups in 10 years GM JaredCowenFan moves on to GM the music city, Nashville. Here is Nashville are top line is H. Sedin-Datsyuk-P. Kane. Hell yah!
10 years? Wouldn't Sedin be 43 and Datsyuk, 46? lol

Old
03-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post

LOL I hear you there im on my 3 controller in about 3 months, and its not like i care to much it is just a game and i got more important things to do BUT it really just gets to me, like you can outshoot a team by like 30 shots and lose the game like 4-1 like WTF EA, or when your standing on the boards and the puck somehow goes right by you WTF? I dont really care to much about NHL and i dont even play it as much but when i do something pisses me off and i throw my controller across my room and now it is taped up....
Hate to break it to you fellas, but team's getting outshot often win games in the NHL.

Just because a team gets more shots, doesn't necessarily mean they should be scoring more goals - quality over quantity.

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:50 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
Hate to break it to you fellas, but team's getting outshot often win games in the NHL.

Just because a team gets more shots, doesn't necessarily mean they should be scoring more goals - quality over quantity.
When the goalie is making unrealistic, cross crease saves, it does. lol

Old
03-04-2013, 11:36 AM
CowbellConray

I hate that every time I am online I face the penguins just because they have Crosby Malkin and Letang.

Then, becuase it's impossible to knock them over, I have to try to poke the puck away but cant because they have some sort of Jedi Force control over the puck.

So I set up plays and get 35 shots a game, and they have Crosby go into the zone alone, bounce off of two checks, take a backhand from the middle of the zone and score.

It infuriates me.

CowbellConray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 04:22 PM
GodTukka*

I absolutely love playing against Pittsburgh players, because it tells me right off the bat that they're trying to compensate for their lack of skill.

I've won my last 5 or 6 against Pens users, all but 1 of those wins coming with an inferior team (Islanders)

GodTukka* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:42 AM
Krishna

Any tips from the EASHL veterans on shooting?

I always feel like I have too little time to make a good shot and any shots I take past the hash marks seem to miss by 20 feet

Old
03-05-2013, 09:27 AM
PGCougar
almostcanadian

Any idea how to make the game more difficult? Although I always play on superstar and skill-level hardcore with some modifications (already to make the opponent stronger) I get only 1 loss out of 15-20 games (only if I'm lucky) no matter if I play with the Rangers, the Avs or any other Team...

PGCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 09:43 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTukka View Post
I absolutely love playing against Pittsburgh players, because it tells me right off the bat that they're trying to compensate for their lack of skill.

I've won my last 5 or 6 against Pens users, all but 1 of those wins coming with an inferior team (Islanders)
Hahaha - this is honestly the best feeling. I always pick Nashville who are given the short end of the stick when it comes to stats in NHL 13 and I always smile when the opposing player sees who I pick and then changes their original pick to a team like Vancouver, Pittsburgh or Chicago.

That being said, I have mad respect for the guys that play me as the Panthers or Coyotes. Another two teams that get pretty crummy stats.

Old
03-05-2013, 06:32 PM
korndog81

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
What? Sedin and datsyuk are still playing 10 seasons in? What?

korndog81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:26 AM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post

I always feel like I have too little time to make a good shot and any shots I take past the hash marks seem to miss by 20 feet
If you hold the puck to your forehand it tends to make your shot more accurate, then if you curl it back, it gets more power. The thing is that a goalie knows a shot is coming then and gets that precious time to commit fully to you. Depends on the situation.

Alternately, you could cradle the puck like that, then pass it to fool the goalie.

Quote:
Hahaha - this is honestly the best feeling. I always pick Nashville who are given the short end of the stick when it comes to stats in NHL 13 and I always smile when the opposing player sees who I pick and then changes their original pick to a team like Vancouver, Pittsburgh or Chicago.

That being said, I have mad respect for the guys that play me as the Panthers or Coyotes. Another two teams that get pretty crummy stats.
I like when guys don't ready until you are, then try to sneak over and pick legends. When someone tries it, I just move to Team USA. Either they quit, or they get completely trashed and I send them a message to man up and say how a great team can't mask horrific skill.

kdfsjljklgjfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 05:39 AM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post

If you want to fit in to EASHL just take slapshots from point blank.

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote