HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 8)

Old
03-23-2013, 06:27 PM
TigerTheLion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
Gotta love this game.

Reminds me off the time I gave up a goal because my goalie was just standing at the side of the net, twitching.

The big thing for me is just evening things out against the computer. It gets old seeing guys like RNH knock guys like Weber off their feet.

TigerTheLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 06:53 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

vCash: 50
Just got back into EASHL after a few month hiatus and either the game has really improved for goalie or I have, or I just got really lucky for a while.

First game sucked. 3 goals against and line .780ish. Was rusty and such. After that I get a 14 save shutout, and the next game only allow 1 in after 25 shots. (Still lost though as other team had players on defense instead of AI, so we didn't get many shots off).

Nonetheless, currently sitting at .933 save in my new club after a few games. Hopefully I can keep up such good play.

Diamondillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:32 PM
ki11joy

Took about 3 months off thanks to Counter-Strike: GO, and was unsurprised to come back and see the same problems still bothering me. Biggest issue in this game is the AI. Too often you'll see your teammates aggressively attacking the puck carrier when they should be backing off and taking a defensive position, especially when it's clear that the play is heading your way. Simply put, they have no hockey sense, and in real life, they would be scolded or benched for their play without the puck. In essence, read the Systems Analyst blog from Backhand Shelf (http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/category/systems-analyst/) and that's what's wrong with the AI. Goalies suck as well, but I've pretty much given up on EA making realistic goaltenders.

Second biggest issue: Pivots. The new skating engine is nice, but pivoting with and without the puck is just so damn SLOW. And the worst part is that when your player does pivot with the puck, 9 times out of 10 he pivots the WRONG way, opening himself up to an easy turnover. A player should turn in the direction that allows them to protect the puck from a stick check, yet I find my players turning in the direction that leaves them completely vulnerable and I lose possession. There needs to be a way to control what direction you want to turn because leaving it up to the game is leading to terrible game play. And make the transitions faster!

Speaking of the game doing things for you, why is it that when I make a pass, it will give me control of the recipient every time I don't want to control him, but fail to do so every time I do want to? Likewise, I'll load up a pass as soon as I get the puck, but if I get hit and stumble a little, half the time he'll still make the pass when I don't want him to and the other half he won't make the pass when I do want him to. Anyone else run into these? They're little things, but they're incredibly frustrating because of how often they occur. It's a 50-50 shot whether the pass will still go through or if I'll get control of the pass recipient, but the outcome never seems to be the one I want in that situation.

Lastly, there's an option to turn off the goalies automatically moving the puck away with their stick. But they still do it. Bad, EA Sports. Bad.

And one more thing: This is the kind of goal I like to see in online versus play. Preferably all modes, but HUT is beyond saving at this point...http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/153965187 EA needs to emphasize THIS style of play, but I doubt they ever will; they're going to continue rewarding players who are "good at NHL 13" and not necessarily "good at hockey."

ki11joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Mav3rick07
PS4

vCash: 83
I'm pretty sure double pucks is over with now, which is weird, since it usually ends on Monday.

Mav3rick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:02 PM
ottawa

vCash: 69
Edit: Nvm figured out my problem

03-24-2013, 10:59 PM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki11joy View Post
Took about 3 months off thanks to Counter-Strike: GO, and was unsurprised to come back and see the same problems still bothering me. Biggest issue in this game is the AI. Too often you'll see your teammates aggressively attacking the puck carrier when they should be backing off and taking a defensive position, especially when it's clear that the play is heading your way. Simply put, they have no hockey sense, and in real life, they would be scolded or benched for their play without the puck. In essence, read the Systems Analyst blog from Backhand Shelf (http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/category/systems-analyst/) and that's what's wrong with the AI. Goalies suck as well, but I've pretty much given up on EA making realistic goaltenders.

Second biggest issue: Pivots. The new skating engine is nice, but pivoting with and without the puck is just so damn SLOW. And the worst part is that when your player does pivot with the puck, 9 times out of 10 he pivots the WRONG way, opening himself up to an easy turnover. A player should turn in the direction that allows them to protect the puck from a stick check, yet I find my players turning in the direction that leaves them completely vulnerable and I lose possession. There needs to be a way to control what direction you want to turn because leaving it up to the game is leading to terrible game play. And make the transitions faster!

Speaking of the game doing things for you, why is it that when I make a pass, it will give me control of the recipient every time I don't want to control him, but fail to do so every time I do want to? Likewise, I'll load up a pass as soon as I get the puck, but if I get hit and stumble a little, half the time he'll still make the pass when I don't want him to and the other half he won't make the pass when I do want him to. Anyone else run into these? They're little things, but they're incredibly frustrating because of how often they occur. It's a 50-50 shot whether the pass will still go through or if I'll get control of the pass recipient, but the outcome never seems to be the one I want in that situation.

Lastly, there's an option to turn off the goalies automatically moving the puck away with their stick. But they still do it. Bad, EA Sports. Bad.

And one more thing: This is the kind of goal I like to see in online versus play. Preferably all modes, but HUT is beyond saving at this point...http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/153965187 EA needs to emphasize THIS style of play, but I doubt they ever will; they're going to continue rewarding players who are "good at NHL 13" and not necessarily "good at hockey."
Considering they haven't changed ANYTHING since December, you definitely shouldn't be surprised that it's exactly the same.

EA should be ashamed of themselves.

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 05:04 PM
NerveFWC

Hey guys new to HFboards I was just wondering though in GM connected is there a way to set it up so you can have co-commissioners? I've been unable to figure it out, but I've seen other people mention it on the internet.

NerveFWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Dylonus

Wow, EA.

In my Penguins new GM Mode, Ottawa offered me a 4th and Gonchar for Tyler Kennedy. I said no.

two days later, they offer me a 5th and Gonchar (yeah, that makes sense) for TFK; I said no.

TWO DAYS AFTER THAT. They offer me a 6th and Gonchar for TFK Why would I agree to this and why is the A.I. in this so bad that it can't figure out it's pushing me a worst deal than before; which I obviously wouldn't accept?

Best part? I lost GM Reputation over this garbage. It's my fault for not wanting to let the CPU rip me off?

Nice one, EA. So much for that improved trade logic

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Dylonus

Also, there is something seriously wrong with the trade value in this game. How is Tim Erixon worth more than James Neal!?!?!

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:28 AM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
Wow, EA.

In my Penguins new GM Mode, Ottawa offered me a 4th and Gonchar for Tyler Kennedy. I said no.

two days later, they offer me a 5th and Gonchar (yeah, that makes sense) for TFK; I said no.

TWO DAYS AFTER THAT. They offer me a 6th and Gonchar for TFK Why would I agree to this and why is the A.I. in this so bad that it can't figure out it's pushing me a worst deal than before; which I obviously wouldn't accept?

Best part? I lost GM Reputation over this garbage. It's my fault for not wanting to let the CPU rip me off?

But.. it's Tyler Kennedy, all of those sound like great deals for him. lol

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:40 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
Wow, EA.

Ohh yea the trading in this game is a ****ing Joke!!! I got Shane Doan and a First round pick(ended up #3 overall) for 3 no name prospects with the highest rated 61 overall with 3 stars, like what with the first i got i picked Drouin so i won the trade by a landslide.... or when i wanted to trade Stamkos and i offered him for a mid 1st and 2 iffy prospects and they said no because there not willing to give up those pieces and i should take a look at there Trade block....like WTF any GM would take that deal and run but in this game its a joke....VERY UNREALISTI, i wish they had CPU GM accept every trade because i would do some actual realistic trades.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 07:33 PM
SP0RTSFANATIC98

How do you turn injuries off in bagm?

SP0RTSFANATIC98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:04 PM
Tad McMikowsky
Retired

Game is really annoying.

In EASHL we win three in a row, then we get wrecked 8-2. How? Because the guy scored the same goal the exact same way six times in a row. The stupid forehand, backhand, forehand goal.

Faceoffs need to be fixed. I hate seeing these stupid loopers win it every time due to latency.

Tad McMikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 11:42 PM
Sean Garrity
Quack Quack Quack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
Game is really annoying.

In EASHL we win three in a row, then we get wrecked 8-2. How? Because the guy scored the same goal the exact same way six times in a row. The stupid forehand, backhand, forehand goal.

Faceoffs need to be fixed. I hate seeing these stupid loopers win it every time due to latency.
Stop giving up breakaways?

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:25 AM
Tad McMikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
Stop giving up breakaways?
Regardless of breakaways, it's a bit stupid for the exact same move to work every time

Tad McMikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:26 AM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
Regardless of breakaways, it's a bit stupid for the exact same move to work every time
It doesn't work if you play defense. Trust me.
I think they should keep the forehand-backhand-forehand because it is realistic.
How many times have you seen an NHL caliber player do this and score? Plenty.
Maybe I've just gotten lucky with my versus and OTP matches, but I'm willing to bet that actually understanding how to play defense is key.
Keep in mind, I'm not accusing you of anything, don't take it that route.

SaNcAlandariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Deku
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vCash: 444
I have no problem with people using that breakaway move. If I give up a breakaway, it's my own fault and I deserve to get scored on. Same goes for everybody. Plus, if you screw up the timing you won't even score. There aren't any other good moves to do on a breakaway either that work often, besides doing a toe-drag shot top corner, which is also considered a "glitch goal".

Deku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:45 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
I have no problem with people using that breakaway move. If I give up a breakaway, it's my own fault and I deserve to get scored on. Same goes for everybody. Plus, if you screw up the timing you won't even score. There aren't any other good moves to do on a breakaway either that work often, besides doing a toe-drag shot top corner, which is also considered a "glitch goal".
Fake shot, backhand fivehole.

Any move that forces the goaltender to move opens up a fivehole shot if you plan it right. The only difference is they aren't as "easy" as the backhand-forehand which is why they are never used.

ArGarBarGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 04:09 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

My mail problem now is wondering why the default skating is so damn slow...this is hockey, they fly up and down the ice extremely fast...not slower then elephants...

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Has there been a roster update lately to put Murray and Morrow on the Pens?

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:00 AM
SP0RTSFANATIC98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Has there been a roster update lately to put Murray and Morrow on the Pens?
doubt they will do one until after the trade deadline.

SP0RTSFANATIC98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:35 AM
BoonesJenner

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Ohh yea the trading in this game is a ****ing Joke!!! I got Shane Doan and a First round pick(ended up #3 overall) for 3 no name prospects with the highest rated 61 overall with 3 stars, like what with the first i got i picked Drouin so i won the trade by a landslide.... or when i wanted to trade Stamkos and i offered him for a mid 1st and 2 iffy prospects and they said no because there not willing to give up those pieces and i should take a look at there Trade block....like WTF any GM would take that deal and run but in this game its a joke....VERY UNREALISTI, i wish they had CPU GM accept every trade because i would do some actual realistic trades.
So i always use the jackets and since they have 3 1st rd picks i decided id try to do the same. Only twice in the span of a month two teams offered me 1st rd picks for 2 scrub dmen. So i did it. Traded umby and dubi for krieder, mcilrath and jt miller. Did a couple other trades and ended up with 5 picks in the top 10, two of which were the first two of the draft. Well that wasnt good enough because NJ held the next two. So I traded away my 3 "later" picks for the next 2. So with the top 4 picks i selected mackinnon jones drouin and mantha. A quarter into the 15-16 season MacKinnon(79) is leading the team in goals and is tied for second in points with Krieder(85) at 13pts in 20 games. Both behind Jack Johnson(86) at 14. With Seth Jones(85) right behind them at 11 pts. I managed to keep so much of my D corps that Erixon is still the rover.
JJ-Jones
Murray(84)-Wisnewski(86)
Moore(81)-Tyutin(85)

While my offense and goaltending have been completely..."reshaped"

Krieder(85)-MacKinnon(79)-Kessel(88)
Mantha(80)-Johansen(84)-Paarjarvi(80)
Calvert(81)-Brassard(86)-Foligno(83)
Marchand(83)-Miller(80)-Jenner(77)
Usually paarjarvi is where jenner is and Atkinson(85) is where paarjarvi was.
And in goal I had to trade Bobrovsky(83) because apparently when I autosimmed the rest of the draft the cpu decided fo draft a goalie who at 19 was a 73 overall in the 4th rd. Now at 22 hes an 84overall with 99 angles!

Last edited by BoonesJenner: 03-28-2013 at 11:40 AM. Reason: but where is drouin you ask? well hes in thr ahl....still a 64 overall..
BoonesJenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:00 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
I have no problem with people using that breakaway move. If I give up a breakaway, it's my own fault and I deserve to get scored on.
I agree. They definitely have to fix the faceoffs though. The fact that you get rewarded for spamming is stupid.
EA's excuse for not kicking people out was because it wasted time. Instead of kicking people out, they should just make it so you're unable to win the faceoff if you go too soon. Just laziness on their part.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:07 AM
OttawaOilers
Formerly JCF

Anyone looking for a PS3 EASHL Club? Hit me up. - SenzFan2. Looking forward to hearing from you!

OttawaOilers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 07:00 PM
kdfsjljklgjfg

Quote:
I don't have as much of an issue with it as other moves for that reason but it's still utter crap that anything is an automatic goal, and it doesn't always require a breakaway to do that move.

kdfsjljklgjfg is offline   Reply With Quote